• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blitzus

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4253-3622-3146
I think Shadow Sonic's skating animation would be cool

Also, for the Lucario Gi costume, could you make a Shiny Lucario in a Red GI:
The normal LucarGio is a reference to Ryu, so a blond one with a red Gi would be a reference to Ken. IDK... would be cool.

Also, I don't know if this violates the rules.. it's kind of a gray area. Dark Bowser and Classic Dark Link would be nice.

Just thoughts. Link would be easy, just make him black. literally.

Exodo

Smash Ace
Skyward Sword Zelda is the best Zelda.

Anyone who disagrees is wrong no matter what.
SS Zelda is ugly and awkward... twilight princess Zelda for the win!!
talking about Zelda, Black Cloak Zelda(i forgot the name of the trophy) should be a thing, im pretty sure it has been requested before tho.

Shin F.

Smash Master
SS Zelda is ugly and awkward... twilight princess Zelda for the win!!
talking about Zelda, Black Cloak Zelda(i forgot the name of the trophy) should be a thing, im pretty sure it has been requested before tho.
SS Zelda is adorable, so I dunno what you're talking about.

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
SS Zelda da bess.

As much as I want her I'm pretty sure that the PMBR is just gonna go with Melee Zelda, though. We already know about Melee Shiek, it'd be weird to have her transform into SS Zelda so yeah.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
SS Zelda da bess.

As much as I want her I'm pretty sure that the PMBR is just gonna go with Melee Zelda, though. We already know about Melee Shiek, it'd be weird to have her transform into SS Zelda so yeah.
Still dont get melee models

They just look bad and clash with the style of everything else

Last edited:

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
I think Shadow Sonic's skating animation would be cool

Also, for the Lucario Gi costume, could you make a Shiny Lucario in a Red GI:
The normal LucarGio is a reference to Ryu, so a blond one with a red Gi would be a reference to Ken. IDK... would be cool.
GiCario is NOT a reference to Ryu. It is based off the Fighter type trainers, as well as hold items in the games.

As for the animations... It's possible, but then it would add different hitboxes/hurtboxes to the animations. So I don't think we're gonna do it.

Last edited:

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Yeah guys it's totally not a reference to Ryu
And Koopa Squirtle was completely unintentional
And Boxing DK's green color doesn't resemble Little Mac at all
They're never gonna reference outside of a character's series of origin ever
Ever

i <3 u guys don't kill me

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Ever

Well, DK was in Punch Out. So his are fine.

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
Ever

They are all nintendo. Ryu isn't.

Boxer DK does resemble Little Mac. That was the idea.
Koopa Squirtle is... Well... A koopa.

We can do whatever the hell we want with recolors. But the alts will stick to our rules.

Shin F.

Smash Master
So hey, does that mean that this idea is no longer completely kil?
What would you guys think of an all-white and red-eyed alt costume for Mewtwo, based on Giegue from the Mother series? It would still undeniably be Mewtwo, so no need for name-changed, it would just be a nod to Creatures Inc.'s similar designs and a way to include a little nod to Earthbound fans, I know I'd wanna play as Gietwo now and again! Maybe instead of purple/darkness, his attacks could be replaced with a red/black aura instead, as a nod to Giygas as well.

Plus this doesn't even have to be a special alt either, since it's just a palette swap.

Because last time we talked about it, it was mentioned that there wouldn't be references to other series in any of the costumes. But since it's just a recolor, and
We can do whatever the hell we want with recolors.
that means it's not 100% out of the question now, right?

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
So with all these alt colors...
Can we get Light Blue Marth back? I know how much people love purple but...

I mean, with the alt costume engine I have no idea why 3.0 wasn't like that actually.

Exodo

Smash Ace
So with all these alt colors...
Can we get Light Blue Marth back? I know how much people love purple but...

I mean, with the alt costume engine I have no idea why 3.0 wasn't like that actually.
the thing is, why have the same character with the same color twice when you can use that slot for a new and different one?
thats like asking for a dark green link recolor :L

MLGF

Smash Lord
From what we've seen, Marth's alt costume isn't going to take more slots.
If slot 8-10 are not going to be used, might as well give it back to blue marth. It's a reference to his classic look too, so it at the very least offers some history to his character.

In the chance the PMBR has some crazy scheme and thinks 2 years in advance, OK then, but if not I think that just bringing it back is fine. Not as his team color though.

Last edited:

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
So hey, does that mean that this idea is no longer completely kil?

Because last time we talked about it, it was mentioned that there wouldn't be references to other series in any of the costumes. But since it's just a recolor, and

that means it's not 100% out of the question now, right?
It's not out of the question no. But it very likely will not happen.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
Actually I asked no questions
You asked every question. Every single one known to mankind.

You didn't ask them verbally... They were asked within your heart. The question is: Is it a good heart?
That is for you to decide, my child. The future is yours to behold.

Blitzus

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4253-3622-3146
GiCario is NOT a reference to Ryu. It is based off the Fighter type trainers, as well as hold items in the games.

As for the animations... It's possible, but then it would add different hitboxes/hurtboxes to the animations. So I don't think we're gonna do it.
Ah. All right.

Still, you didn't give me a no to Dark Bowser and Dark Link.
And... I just assumed since the Lucario move set included Street Fighter attacks (the Tatsumaki and the Shoryuken) that you were finishing it with a torn sleeve gi. My mistake.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
They have pictures though, just go find Zipzo's info dumps.
I just saw a picture. I'm pretty sure it wasn't there at the time of my posting though. Still a sick costume though. It'd be nice to see something similar in PM. I know some people didn't think it would look right if he used a smaller sword and shield, but now we have an official example.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I just saw a picture. I'm pretty sure it wasn't there at the time of my posting though. Still a sick costume though. It'd be nice to see something similar in PM. I know some people didn't think it would look right if he used a smaller sword and shield, but now we have an official example.
I believe Zipzo said that they used the Master Sword for FD. When someone asked about sword changes he said that only the shield changes.

I guess they played it safe.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
I believe Zipzo said that they used the Master Sword for FD. When someone asked about sword changes he said that only the shield changes.

I guess they played it safe.
That's a shame. I was looking forward to using the Helix sword. Though I guess that's enough about Sm4sh. I'm kinda driving this off topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom