• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
Since I didn't see it in the OP, and discussion about cosplay costumes seem to be pretty big at the moment, what would people think about a True Form Midna cosplay for Zelda?

I hope this also secures DK's chances of getting that Funky Kong alt cosplay. I remember bringing him up as a character/alt in the clone engine thread way way back and I still think it's would be one of the best Alts in the game if it were to be implemented.

splat

Smash Lord
Think it's just based off that really, really bad stereotype elephant from DKR
Yeah, it´s Diddy wearing Taj's clothes.

I wanted to suggest a Diddy alt that has something to do with DKR (and try some sort of sketchy style). At first I thought of Wizpig - but his cape wouldn't work. Then I thought of Conker or Banjo, but Microsoft may not be too keen on that. A third option I had was Bumper, but he may be too small of a character in the series. I finally settled on Taj, who may at least be semi-recognizable.

Perhaps the PMBR could give him some original proper racing attire like how they handled boxing DK/

Malion

Smash Ace
DKR seems like a good place to get Diddy Kong a costume... at first I thought he should get the clothes of the main character of the game... Timber! (the title is misleading, Timber is the main guy!)

I remembered he was a tiger with a blue hat so I looked it up.

oh...

all he has is the hat it seems! A blue hat with a Rare symbol on it! Pretty funny contrast to diddy really.

So how would this work on Diddy? we could have a shirtless diddy maybe? Or maybe a Tiger patterned t-shirt/hoodie he can wear... that'd be pretty cute.

I'll try my best to visualize it later! And if the Rare symbol is an issue

From DKR for the DS

red9rd

Smash Ace
If were going to ignore all the costume options and do cosplay for characters instead then for Diddy we should go with Banjo or Conkers

mtmaster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mtmaster_2k7
3DS FC
0645-7185-4095
I dont know if this has been asked, but how come magic armor and zora armor from twilight princess are not on the OP? I guess also why not the Fierce Diety styled Link with the Majora themed shield?

Oh yeah under Sonic the SA2 Phantasy Star Themed Suit I think is actually just supposed to be a racing jump suit from SA2B, and the Alternate Phantasy Star Suit is the actual PSO themed suit from the DC version of SA2
I wonder about the Zelda stuff too. I know for me personally I have my Project M set up to give Link his Magic Armor, Zora Armor, and Fierce Diety self for his Red, Blue, and White Costume respectfully just because I think they are really cool. It would be nice if they did official twilight pricess alt costumes, as they already did Ocarina of Time, why not do Twilight Princess or other Zelda games.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I'm sorry you feel this way, and you have a right to express your opinion (after all your criticisms are all quite valid) but please don't try to say this as though you're speaking for a majority of Ike fans, because so far you're are the only person I've seen to have adopted this view. We have as much right to express our own creativity with our alt costumes as we do in catering to our fanbase.
Yeah that was me being hotheaded, I'm sorry for my outburst, I sometimes get agitated the moment I see things happening that don't go my way, but now that I had time to cool off, I think I was wrong to get all angry at you guys :p , now I feel quite embarrassed by my outburst I think I went a little harsh (by that I mean too harsh xD), I don't like the Idea, still I wish if I can give you some creative input, which will improve the look of this Armoured Ike, you don't need to scrap the model just adjust things to fit Ike better, and if possible when you do another Ike costume please have a poll for us with choices, now that you have expressed your creativity, I appreciate your work and I know that you guys do all this for free which is something amazing of you! Respect!

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
If were going to ignore all the costume options and do cosplay for characters instead then for Diddy we should go with Banjo or Conkers
I don't think it's fair to say they're ignoring costume options. Only FE characters have cosplay, unless you count Dark MK, and they look great.

Also, it's not like there isn't a chance that Ike and Marth will get more costumes in the future.

mtmaster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mtmaster_2k7
3DS FC
0645-7185-4095
That would be forgetting to add them. I'll get to it.

Fierce Deity is typically frowned upon, because he would need to be shrunken down to fit Link's bones, and he would have to wield his sword with one hand rather than two.

It just demeans his badassery.
Creative liberties. There are quite a few Fierce Diety texture hacks that have him holding a sword and shield and he is the same as link is in Brawl already.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I'm starting to feel afraid about PMBR's approach to adding new costumes.. I dunno if they're going to add what I, and by extension, the people, want.

Like, I really hope they add new costumes for Zelda, Sheik, Ganon, and Pit, but odds are they're just gonna give them all their Melee/Classic costumes and colors. And I'm really not down with having alternate colors I'm never going to use.

I'd be okay with at least 2 Alt colors for a costume, and an all new costume for last slot. But that's just my $0.02.

MLGF

Smash Lord
I don't get why we're worried. The general response to some costumes (IE Lord Ike) is a heavily agreed upon decision and almost hive mindish.

Yes, the PMBR put some different things in as well but it's obvious that they know what will make people happy.
Because we won't shut up about it.

I mean, Tier List speculation is different I suppose.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I think some people are forgetting that the PMBR are members of this community too. Look at the Alt Costumes so far, there's no way you're disappointed.

If it's the Fire Emblem cosplays that scare you, perhaps I can shed light on their reasoning. FE is historically known for having one of the largest character casts in Video Games ever. And this spans throughought 10+ installments, each having their own brilliant assortment of characters to display. The PMBR, knowing this, decided to give a few of the colorful characters representation where they generally wouldn't be seen. It's as simple as that. Whose to say those are Ike and Marth's only Alts? NOBODY.

The quality, as well as thought put into the costumes is outstanding. I wouldn't be complaining, they know what we want. Why do you think they stop by this thread?

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
I think some people are forgetting that the PMBR are members of this community too. Look at the Alt Costumes so far, there's no way you're disappointed.

If it's the Fire Emblem cosplays that scare you, perhaps I can shed light on their reasoning. FE is historically known for having one of the largest character casts in Video Games ever. And this spans throughought 10+ installments, each having their own brilliant assortment of characters to display. The PMBR, knowing this, decided to give a few of the colorful characters representation where they generally wouldn't be seen. It's as simple as that. Whose to say those are Ike and Marth's only Alts? NOBODY.

The quality, as well as thought put into the costumes is outstanding. I wouldn't be complaining, they know what we want. Why do you think they stop by this thread?
This, guys. The PMBR aren't some isolated, shadowy hackers in a dark room just slapping whatever crosses their mind together. They're in this thread, talking to us, listening to our suggestions, and making the best of them happen. They're Smash fans, too, and they want this to be the best it can be. Some of you may not know this because you haven't been around as long, but every new costume they've revealed since 3.0's debut has been suggested in this thread at some point. Yes, even the cosplays, though perhaps not with those specific characters. Fire Emblem characters have been popular as cosplay requests up to now.

Last edited:

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
PMBR MEMBERS?! Quickly! Hide your irrelevant discussions about underated not PM games and anime/comics!!!
...oh....I'm still in the costume thread.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
You know what? I already like the Hector-esque alt of Ike that was released, but then I just realized it's a probably not intended but amazing homage to the first FE game to make it overseas, which was largely due to Melee

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
I think he said a mix of Hector/Black Knight/RD Ike. But they referred to him as Hector Ike so they probably took most of the inspiration for the Alt from his design.

EDIT: I just got ninja's by Shadic. I see what you're talking about Psykid, nowhere is safe now.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Day 19.

The hype was too real here in the Alt Costume Thread, but it was overshadowed by a daunting fear.

We stay in the cellar where the PMBR can't find us. Conditions have been bad, but today they got worse.

I took a peek up the staircase and saw him. "He's here", I said to my friends,

"The Doof."

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Is ninja'ing people a quality PMBR looks for in potential members? Cause I can do that. I do it so often, I even have my own variation on it: Shinja'd.
Stop bragging Shin, it's uncanny how much it happens.

Only once have I beaten you. Only once has someone been psyched. I pray every night to Shrek, asking him for your gift. But he's all like, nah.

Last edited:

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
Here's a much better look at HW Sheik.
I'd actually like to see this alt now. The differences are much clearer in the larger image. Hyrule Warriors Zelda seems like a fairly popular costume idea, so it'd make sense to have this Sheik too.

Edit- Speaking of Hyrule Warriors. I know people have discussed adding the Link from that game, and the issues it might have with the scarf. However, what about that Link's trainee outfit. I haven't seen anyone suggest it, but it looks pretty cool. I can't find any good full body shots though.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I'd actually like to see this alt now. The differences are much clearer in the larger image. Hyrule Warriors Zelda seems like a fairly popular costume idea, so it'd make sense to have this Sheik too.

Edit- Speaking of Hyrule Warriors. I know people have discussed adding the Link from that game, and the issues it might have with the scarf. However, what about that Link's trainee outfit. I haven't seen anyone suggest it, but it looks pretty cool. I can't find any good full body shots though.

I think it would be a great skin. Its like Link without his tunic. Psykid OP pls

also the Hyrule Warriors Sheik is sexy, that Zelda ponytail, the cute lil bow in her bandaged head/hat..

I say keep all the knives.

Malion

Smash Ace
Wow I'm looking at screenshots of HW and I see the alt costumes for Link and Zelda are OoT, TP, AND SS styles. Sheesh. I kinda want that bad. haha (Note I realise an alt in one game could likely not work in another.)

Meandpikachu

Smash Journeyman
Can someone make Giygas from Earthbound/MOTHER an alternate costume for Mewtwo please?
tumblr_mj0qq8jxRP1s54s8oo1_1280.png

Also make Travis from Mother 4 Fan-made game as an alternate custumes for Lucas please
Travis.png

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Can someone make Giygas from Earthbound/MOTHER an alternate costume for Mewtwo please?
View attachment 19247
Also make Travis from Mother 4 Fan-made game as an alternate custumes for Lucas please
View attachment 19248
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Moderated=All&Reported=All&Wifi=0&Featured=All&Name=Giygas (Earthbound Zero)&ByUser=&Credit=&Info=&AudioSource=&MainType=-1

You will not be dissapointed. S/O to my boi Shin.

Unfortunately, neither of your costumes will likely be made into PM Alts. Giygas over M2 has been flat out deconfirmed, and Mother 4 isn't even out yet. You can bet your ass someone will make a great texture for it. And the Giygas texture I linked is gorgeous.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom