• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BelmontSlayer

Smash Cadet
Armored Ike looks REALLY cool(and the Alondite was a nice touch), but I would have preferred Lord Ike. I feel canonical costumes should be prioritized over custom ones.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Armored Ike looks REALLY cool(and the Alondite was a nice touch), but I would have preferred Lord Ike. I feel canonical costumes should be prioritized over custom ones.
With Fire Emblem they wanted to represent other characters through costumes, because the series has such a memorable and diverse cast.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Personally I think a balance between both would be ideal.

But Hector Ike is just too good.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
With Fire Emblem they wanted to represent other characters through costumes, because the series has such a memorable and diverse cast.
I'd say they should worry about that after they add the noteworthy costumes the character actually wears and if there's still space.

Malion

Smash Ace
I think the costumes should be surprising... a mix of obvious, obscure, and just awesome.

Keeping us guessing is the best way to go.

I was just thinking on the other thread about the Condor... and how people (jokingly-ish?) want it in the game.

I was thinking that there is a certain Condor that I love playing as.. in another game.

I was thinking... Bird themed super hero costumes based on the Condor?... but also based on Gatchaman a little bit?
Probably avoiding the capes but still.

eh I'll sketch it out. Drawing with a mouse is awful.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
It's not that canon costumes have low priority. Every costume is a reference within a game. The closest thing to original is Armored Ike, which is a Frankenstein of several FE characters.

That's why any suggestions that don't make references to the series are unlikely.

Malion

Smash Ace
at the very least Sonic can dress like a Sonic server... complete with roller skates.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
If the PMBR magically stops caring about proportions, this could be the definitive Sonic alt:

If the PMBR magically stops caring about proportions, this could be the definitive ROB alt:
Okay I'll stop now.

Last edited:

BelmontSlayer

Smash Cadet
I'd say they should worry about that after they add the noteworthy costumes the character actually wears and if there's still space.
Exactly. I get what they're doing with Ike's custom alt, and honestly, it's really cool that they're referencing other characters(Hector and the Black Knight). But I still think canon costumes should come first. Especially his Lord costume, because it always bugged me that Ike uses the Ragnell as a Ranger in Brawl despite not using it till he was a Lord in PoR. >.>

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Exactly. I get what they're doing with Ike's custom alt, and honestly, it's really cool that they're referencing other characters(Hector and the Black Knight). But I still think canon costumes should come first. Especially his Lord costume, because it always bugged me that Ike uses the Ragnell as a Ranger in Brawl despite not using it till he was a Lord in PoR. >.>
Give it time. You can always check KittyCorp meanwhile and edit Lord Ike in, permitted there's a texture for him.

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
Ice Climbers could get costumes inspired by other 2-player retro series. Clu Clu Land in particular stands out, with hoods with Bubbles's eyes & tail, and hammer handles based on the pegs.

Also, could you add a link for the original Ethan's hat?
Will do when I get the chance.

I also accidentally read Clu Clu Land as Klu Klux Clan don't hate me.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
I really love the idea of the Ice Climbers getting pelts/hoodies based off the condor, polar bear, topi or other creatures.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I for one totally support the Classic Ethan hat over the new Ethan hat. Main reason why is because it looks so much cooler when looking at it over the shoulder, at least in the artwork.

Oh, also which do you think would look better on Roy, Wolt's(top), or Klein's?(bottom)

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
I for one totally support the Classic Ethan hat over the new Ethan hat. Main reason why is because it looks so much cooler when looking at it over the shoulder, at least in the artwork.

Oh, also which do you think would look better on Roy, Wolt's(top), or Klein's?(bottom)

I suggested Klein awhile ago.

Last edited:

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Hey there, is this the place I can make texture requests, as in ask someone to do a texture for me? My request is very small. I have a very old female Pikachu texture from four years ago that I'd like someone to make a notched tail on. All I'd like is the end of the tail to have that notch- nothing else should be changed.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-t70NFXF4f1MWxDeVdrVVpwSGs/edit?usp=sharing

If this isn't the right thread, could you redirect me to the right place? Thanks!

Last edited:

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Hey there, is this the place I can make texture requests, as in ask someone to do a texture for me? My request is very small. I have a very old female Pikachu texture from four years ago that I'd like someone to make a notched tail on. All I'd like is the end of the tail to have that notch- nothing else should be changed.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-t70NFXF4f1MWxDeVdrVVpwSGs/edit?usp=sharing

If this isn't the right thread, could you redirect me to the right place? Thanks!
Yeah this isn't the a request thread, this is for discussion and suggesting of PM's official alt costumes. There isn't much to go to for requests, although you can go to KC-MM for that, it's not guaranteed that it will be noticed because there are so many.

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
Art Tuesday today is actually just pictures of Luigi's nose, courtesy of Mr. Sakurai.

Last edited:

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
Holy schist, Dr. Luigi?! That's interesting. Will he have floating Megavitamins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom