• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Exodo

Smash Ace
With Ike's new(epic) Hector alt costume confirmed having the allondite, deconfirms Black Knight as a possible clone engine character??:sadeyes:

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
For anyone who hasn't seen the Official Reveal yet,
Wow, I was expecting something on the lines of Lord Ike, Greil, or Priam but this is a can of kickass.

Now I wonder if Roy's going to inherit Eliwood's outfit or rock the fan-favorite Awakening outfit.

Last edited:

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Wow, I was expecting something on the lines of Lord Ike, Greil, or Priam but this is a can of kickass.

Now I wonder if Roy's going to inherit Eliwood's outfit or rock the fan-favorite Awakening outfit.
Leif has been brought up before, that's my personal favorite suggestion.

Awakening Roy is still gr8 tho

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット

Hector has been known for awhile.

Since Marth and Ike got cosplay we've been speculating that Roy will get Eliwood, or my favorite Leif, among others.

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
You wanna know what's cool? Concept art. Here is some courtesy of our very own jiang <3

Originally was going to have a beard but we chose to not to follow through.
Please change your mind.
Change his whole head while you're at it.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
I wouldn't mind us getting 3 Eliwood based team model colors (Blue(Canon), Red, Green), and a gorgeous as f#$^ Leif cosplay for a light extra.

Edit: Still crying tears of virtual joy over that Ike Hector preview.

Last edited:

TheLostSabre

Smash Cadet
It looks like this Alt took inspiration from Hector's armor but PMBR creative team seemed to took their own spin with this one. I look forward to hear the details of transpired before this design was final.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I gotta get that good at digitally painting concept art. Props.

(The concept art was posted on reddit if you guys don't know what I'm talking about.)

Last edited:

Malion

Smash Ace
no pink gold peach is too different to be an alt costume. she has to be her own dedicated clone character because she is slightly heavier!
Also she has proven to be an entirely unique character apart from Peach, so Peach can't be her according to PPBDBR.

Maybe we can have Peach wearing a Pink Gold Peach costume but I feel like Gold Pink Peach fans will feel cheated, don't you?

All those Peak Gold Pinch fans rioting in the street is the last thing PBR wants!

Malion

Smash Ace
I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that the world's problems could be solved by Pink Gold Peach
Polk Gind Peach would really make the world a better place but her complex characteristics and deep emotional backstory is just something that PMDDR might not be able to accurately recreate. Pink Gead Polch is just an unwieldy beast of a character who deserves the most meticulous of care in her execution.

Nobody wants a half baked Pild Goach Penk.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I really don't think it's sacreligious of me to say Pink Gold Peach is only second to Jesus

Edit: I really will stop this soon. Nobody likes spam haha. Maybe too much internet today,

Last edited:

DarkDeity15

Smash Lord
NNID
DarkDeityLink015
Add Hyrule Warriors Shiek to the OP while you're at it. She looks pretty cool, but I'll provide better pictures when they're available.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Add Hyrule Warriors Shiek to the OP while you're at it. She looks pretty cool, but I'll provide better pictures when they're available.
Well ho-lee ****berries. I did NOT think Sheik would be back in Hyrule Warriors. Much less any other Zelda game.. Looks amazing though from what I can tell.
Does this mean people are going to forget about an Impa Sheik costume? D:

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
I'm here to say that the reddit post title was misleading.

There has been confusion on the Ike costume, for it doesn't totally look like Hector's Armor.

Well the original designer, jiang, drew the concept with most of the inspiration from Hector. However, he also used Vanguard Ike and the Black Knight in the design.

The costume's name "Hector Ike" was just being thrown around as a nick name during development. This name was accidentally used in the original reddit post.

Feel free to call the costume whatever you want, but to us PMBR it is just simply Armored Ike.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I'm here to say that the reddit post title was misleading.

There has been confusion on the Ike costume, for it doesn't totally look like Hector's Armor.

Well the original designer, jiang, drew the concept with most of the inspiration from Hector. However, he also used Vanguard Ike and the Black Knight in the design.

The costume's name "Hector Ike" was just being thrown around as a nick name during development. This name was accidentally used in the original reddit post.

Feel free to call the costume whatever you want, but to us PMBR it is just simply Armored Ike.
The armour doesn't fit the bill, it doesn't reflect Ike, and I as an Ike fan can't stand for it, Ike is a Mercenary, Mercenaries in Fire Emblem do not wear armour all over their body, they wear armour on their weak spot, such as their weak arm should and hand, Ike need to Swing a 2 handed sword with one hand, that's why he doesn't wear a shoulder armour on his right shoulder and his right arm is armourless. if we just forget that it doesn't fit his persona for a second now and let's say it's a nice little touch, which I don't agree but there are alot of flaws with the design, Ike is too skinny in Brawl to be wearing such a heavy armour, he is already taking criticism by holding the Ragnell with one hand, the desing lack finesse, he doesn't have a head for such a thing, the headband doesn't fit the design choice, and the hands, they need to be fully gloved, because it's stupid to wear full armour and have your finger out in the cold.

You should have just listened to us Ike fans, instead of going on your own, after all we embraced P:M, I'm a big fan of the Project, but you had to go out of your way and ruin Ike's costume, all we wanted is the the Lord costume nothing more. atleast you could've made him true to his Vanguard armor...

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
The armour doesn't fit the bill, it doesn't reflect Ike, and I as an Ike fan can't stand for it, Ike is a Mercenary, Mercenaries in Fire Emblem do not wear armour all over their body, they wear armour on their weak spot, such as their weak arm should and hand, Ike need to Swing a 2 handed sword with one hand, that's why he doesn't wear a shoulder armour on his right shoulder and his right arm is armourless. if we just forget that it doesn't fit his persona for a second now and let's say it's a nice little touch, which I don't agree but there are alot of flaws with the design, Ike is too skinny in Brawl to be wearing such a heavy armour, he is already taking criticism by holding the Ragnell with one hand, the desing lack finesse, he doesn't have a head for such a thing, the headband doesn't fit the design choice, and the hands, they need to be fully gloved, because it's stupid to wear full armour and have your finger out in the cold.

You should have just listened to us Ike fans, instead of going on your own, after all we embraced P:M, I'm a big fan of the Project, but you had to go out of your way and ruin Ike's costume, all we wanted is the the Lord costume nothing more. atleast you could've made him true to his Vanguard armor...
I'm sorry you feel this way, and you have a right to express your opinion (after all your criticisms are all quite valid) but please don't try to say this as though you're speaking for a majority of Ike fans, because so far you're are the only person I've seen to have adopted this view. We have as much right to express our own creativity with our alt costumes as we do in catering to our fanbase.

Last edited:

splat

Smash Lord

I was a bit bored so I quickly did the thing with the Photoshop.

I thought the suggestions for Diddy Kong were a bit uninspired, nothing really Diddy-related - something from his own series would be pretty cool, I'd say.​

Rᴏb

still here, just to suffer
I'll be honest and say that I'm disappointed in Ike's costume only because I think there were too many liberties taken and because Brawl Ike just looks ****ty in general.

I guess it doesn't matter much to me since a Radiant Dawn Ike is eventually coming from the Smash 3 dudes.

Last edited:

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
Maybe it's because the image is so small, but it just doesn't look different enough. I guess you could say the same thing about OOT Link, but I'd rather not have more costumes like that. I guess it would make sense if they added Hyrule Warriors Zelda though.

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
So we at the Squirtle boards came up with an idea...

Amish Squirtle.

Thoughts?

MLGF

Smash Lord
I mean, the only other Ike costume I want can practically be a pallet swap and Hector Ike looks way better then I initially expected, so whatever.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord

I was a bit bored so I quickly did the thing with the Photoshop.

I thought the suggestions for Diddy Kong were a bit uninspired, nothing really Diddy-related - something from his own series would be pretty cool, I'd say.​
What game is it from?

MLGF

Smash Lord
Think it's just based off that really, really bad stereotype elephant from DKR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom