• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

F. Blue

Smash Journeyman

Will Toon Pit have a different bow? Or at least pink arrows to differentiate him from regular Pit?

We got confirmation that OoT Link get's a unique Master Sword so I was just wondering.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
He can have new colors added, but it can only be one color for his body and one color for his outline.

Although I believe some of his weapons have their own material colors, but I'm not sure. If so, it could be a clever idea to give him and his weapons white outlines and make his body red and his weapons blue or vice versa for that 'Murican Game and Watch color you were talking about. Like I said, though. Not sure about the weapons.

Biker outfit to reference Mach Rider?
Preferably just helmets. Polo gets a Balloon fighter helmet, and Nana gets Mach Rider's helmet.
Upon searching Google for Mach Rider, I realize Mach Rider would've been so much cooler than Ice Climbers for a representative of the NES games in Smash. Apparently there was a thread somewhere on this site about making Mach Rider a playable character.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Preferably just helmets. Polo gets a Balloon fighter helmet, and Nana gets Mach Rider's helmet.
Upon searching Google for Mach Rider, I realize Mach Rider would've been so much cooler than Ice Climbers for a representative of the NES games in Smash. Apparently there was a thread somewhere on this site about making Mach Rider a playable character.
He was considered for Melee, supposedly (as was Balloon Fighter, hence why these two have trophies), but Ice Climbers won out because Sakurai was having trouble making Mach Rider able to jump using his bike in a believable way.

I still prefer Ice Climbers.

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
He was considered for Melee, supposedly (as was Balloon Fighter, hence why these two have trophies), but Ice Climbers won out because Sakurai was having trouble making Mach Rider able to jump using his bike in a believable way.

I still prefer Ice Climbers.
I believe you are actually referencing the Excitebike racer, not Mach Rider. At least, I'm pretty sure.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
Upon searching Google for Mach Rider, I realize Mach Rider would've been so much cooler than Ice Climbers for a representative of the NES games in Smash.
First: It's Popo.
Second: How dare you

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Skyward Sword Zelda is a must. It's the costume that stands out the most to me. Zelda could also have a pallete swap based off of Midna. Besides the Zelda series, I would say Pika and Jiggly should get some shiny alts. Samus could have her fusion suit. Yoshi could use a Boshi costume as well and maybe a Yoob pallete swap

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
No, I'm very, very sure it was Mach Rider. (His theme song was in the game along with Balloon Fight, as well, remember).
Excite Biker was one of the the retro characters that Sakurai considered for Melee. Him not being chosen had something to do with the bike. I know Sakurai said he liked Mach Rider, but I don't remember if he was ever actually planned. There was a thread detailing all planned characters throughout the series with sources. I can't remember where it was.

Malion

Smash Ace
Pikachu wearing hats is cool and all but why not have Pikachu wearing something else to give it variety?

Pikachu in a t-shirt maybe.

Or.. Pikachu in a Hoodie.

I think Pikachu in a hoodie would be ideal.

You can even make it a Raichu cosplay hoodie.

Maybe not exactly this but something similar?
Honestly him just wearing a plain hoodie with the hood down would be pretty awesome. Easy to recolour for teams too.

Also would work for Squirtle

Bonus pika idea

Last edited:

Darkdeathscythe

Smash Rookie
For nostalgia, I think Pikachu would be cool with this costume. Not very original but homage to an iconic version of him.

P.S. Can anyone also tell me how to avoid three spoiler tags?

Last edited:

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
GUYS.
IDEA.

AMERICAN KIRBY ALTERNATE COSTUME.

Just make Kirby whiter and give him slightly smaller shoes, starfish-esque hands, different cheek marks, a big ol' scowl and a five o'clock shadow.

...And maybe a little bandage on his head for good measure.

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
Some Pokemon stuff.

I wonder if they could make cloaked Mewtwo work.

Fire squad Squirtle. Not sure how it's gonna work when he withdraws in his shell though.

I'm not sure what you could do for Ivysaur. Perhaps reference other flower enemies from other Nintendo games. For example, you could make his bud the same a Boka Boba's bud, and change the coloration of his body to match.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
So I haven't been paying attention much, what other costumes besides classic pit are going to be in?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Ocarina/Melee Ganondorf, Sigurd Marth, Ryu-oid Lucario, and Light Suit Samus.
Wait, so Lucario got one that wasn't based off Riley's clothes?

That's a bit disappointing. Really wanted that one.

All of them still look really cool though

Last edited:

Exodo

Smash Ace
Not sure if this has been asked already, but will we see more alternate costumes than what was already announced?
they did say there is more too show and that samus will be getting 3 new suits in total for the next update meaning we missing two. so im guessing yes. :)

Exodo

Smash Ace
Wait, so Lucario got one that wasn't based off Riley's clothes?

That's a bit disappointing. Really wanted that one.

All of them still look really cool though
OOH SNAP HES RIGHT!! now we need a Riley Skin for Lucario!! with the clothe and hat and sh**t :DDD, maybe with recolors for team fight o.o... ooh that i want to see!!:happysheep:

Exodo

Smash Ace
OOH SNAP HES RIGHT!! now we need a Riley Skin for Lucario!! with the clothe and hat and sh**t :DDD, maybe with recolors for team fight o.o... ooh that i want to see!!:happysheep:
or even a Marth Riley xd!! it would suit him well!! or maybe im just talking nonesense cause of the hype!!! or Roy!!:psycho:

Last edited:

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
Since Squirtle already has koopa troopa colors, I think it would be neat if they managed to give him the underwear they wear when they lose their shells.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom