• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malion

Smash Ace
Since Pit went Retro the Ice Climbers should get an anime fancy alt or something. haha.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
So I guess the Sigurd costume is completely just a reference to another character in Fire Emblem? I looked him up and he's pretty identical to Marth. Is no relation between them?

Shin F.

Smash Master
Is there a chance of different voices when using OoT Link/Ganondorf? The fireball is replaced with the pill sound for Dr Mario, so it's gotta be possible, right?
No, it's not. The pill is like one or two really tiny sound effects. They can't do it on a large scale, so to add an entire voice set isn't possible.

Malion

Smash Ace
well maybe they can give Pikachu a Pichu costume and just mute whenever he says "Ka"

Problem solved the world is saved!

Malion

Smash Ace
I was just being silly guys.

I searched google for a picture of Pikachu wearing a Pichu costume like a mascot or something but it has failed me!

It also didn't have anything of Pikachu with Pichu's colours... which also would have been fine. Darn you internet.

Last edited:

Sour Supreme

サイマグネット
My bad. Maybe Shin and I are just too used to people showing up not understanding restrictions.

I swear the Clone engine Thread doesn't have an OP or something.

Malion

Smash Ace
Thanks to hours and hours of a couple minutes just now in paint.net behold the great Pichu...kachu.

it's... it's beautiful.

Spleenhunter

Smash Cadet
Edit: Man I'm having a lot of trouble posting useful things.

That would be a good alt, if you put the Pichu color with the Pichu scarf.

Last edited:

TRJV

Smash Journeyman
So I've been trying to come up with an idea for a Shy Guy moveset. I'm having a lot of trouble though. I'm pretty sure some of them threw something once and caught himself on fire and they can fly and use stilts.

It's a shame that they are such a terrible choice because they are so important to video games.
Wrong thread?

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Since Marth didn't necessarily receive an alt. based on his appereances in FE1, FE3?, & FE11-13, I wonder if Ike and Roy will follow suit.

For Roy, would you like him to inherit his father's outfit?

The same for Ike as well or one based off his "descendant" Priam?

Malion

Smash Ace
I don't think I'll ever let go the need for Outset recolours...

or Toon Link in Young Link's clothes.

Last edited:

Chaos Wolf

Smash Cadet
Digging the Floral and Pseudodorf skins for Outset Link, I could see either one of those alongside Conductor Link.

Though, I got one for you guys. So White Gi is basically Lucaryu, and Black Gi Lucario is Akuma. How's about a 3rd, Shiny Lucario a Red or Pink Gi ala Ken or Dan.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Since Pit went Retro the Ice Climbers should get an anime fancy alt or something. haha.
THIS. Make Popo the most bishonen thing in the game.

It's a shame that there won't be any mega evolutions. Why do you think they'll cause you legal trouble any more than other newer costumes will? Is it because Zard X and Mega Lucario are (final smashes?) in Sm4sh? If so, is Mega Charizard Y at least fair game? He doesn't seem to be in Sm4sh. Just curious.
The thing is... according to a supposed Pokemon XY leak (which was months before the games came out), the mega evolutions are separately trademarked from the vanilla forms. Is the leak authentic? Well, this list of mega evolutions proved to be almost entirely accurate; the only one not confirmed is Jynx.
http://www.lazygamer.net/general-news/pokemon-x-and-y-rumour-all-mega-evolutions-leaked/

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
So I guess the Sigurd costume is completely just a reference to another character in Fire Emblem? I looked him up and he's pretty identical to Marth. Is no relation between them?
Most Fire Emblem lords from 1-6 were pretty similar in personality and role, since Marth was (and still is) really popular in Japan. Then Hector came along in FE7 and all of the male leads since then have somewhat copied his more blunt nature (Ike being the most obvious). Chrom from Awakening is something like the average of Marth and Hector, and thus is very popular over all.

That said, the differences in characters always shines through in the game. It's hard to grasp just from reading about it. But let's just say that Marth's father being killed in the backstory and him getting run out of his kingdom in the prologue isn't nearly as rough as what all Sigurd had to go through.

Wolf_

Smash Journeyman
For Marth, I was really hoping for this:

Although I can understand if the PMBR wouldn't want to do this since this is his appearance in SSB4

I like the new alt we got anyways

Roy of Pharae

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4442-1640-3373
actually Marth's appearance is based of Heroes of Light and Shadow. Link should have his ordon outfit.

Malion

Smash Ace
Theres a real lack of sexy anime ice climbers pics.

I was thinking like this... only with more complex realistic gear and maybe goggles.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Man i'm fricking love the Light Suit so much, i just like how they not only adjusted the shoulder pads, but also her legs and other parts, i have played with other Samus model imports, and they really look kind of awkward without more bulky proportions.
I wonder what are the other alt. costumes for her, i hope the Dark Suit is one.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Since Marth didn't necessarily receive an alt. based on his appereances in FE1, FE3?, & FE11-13, I wonder if Ike and Roy will follow suit.

For Roy, would you like him to inherit his father's outfit?

The same for Ike as well or one based off his "descendant" Priam?

I don't really find myself interested in Eliwood's outfit for Roy though. He's basically just an unarmored Roy.
I did some digging on the Fire Emblem wiki and found an outfit that would be kick ASS for Roy.

It's Alm from Fire Emblem Gaiden. I don't think Roy should inherit the Green hair, but the armor would be wicked.
And as for the Priam armor for Ike, nah. Ike's already got some cool alternate outfits, like his Lord and Paladin(I think) armors. I wouldn't be closed-minded about having Priam armor though.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Man i'm fricking love the Light Suit so much, i just like how they not only adjusted the shoulder pads, but also her legs and other parts, i have played with other Samus model imports, and they really look kind of awkward without more bulky proportions.
I wonder what are the other alt. costumes for her, i hope the Dark Suit is one.
Considering that there are (I believe) two other costumes on the Brawl Vault by the same creator as the Light Suit, which are the PED Suit and the Dark Suit, I think that's what we'll get.

I'm not gonna lie -- I'm pretty happy we didn't get the Fusion Suit. I've never cared for it.

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
Hey, just wondering, do we know if any of these new costumes have pallet swaps?

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Hey, just wondering, do we know if any of these new costumes have pallet swaps?
LucaRyu has an Akuma swap. I'm sure Ganondorf will have Team Colors, at the least.

The nature of Samus's and Marth's don't really lend themselves to swaps, but I could see Toon Pit getting one or two.

Last edited:

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
I'd like to see Leif for Roy if we're talking about other characters being alts. I'd also like his Awakening design because I'm pretty sure everyone can agree that that ****'s crazy.

I think a Hector alt for Ike would be cool. Not because Hector has a cool design but because Hector is bro and Ike is also bro but not as bro as Hector because Hector. feel?

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
I'd like to see Leif for Roy if we're talking about other characters being alts. I'd also like his Awakening design because I'm pretty sure everyone can agree that that ****'s crazy.

I think a Hector alt for Ike would be cool. Not because Hector has a cool design but because Hector is bro and Ike is also bro but not as bro as Hector because Hector. feel?
I actually kinda like Leif's armor more than the armor I suggested. But isn't it kinda weird that Roy would be wearing the armor of the Nephew of the guy whose armor Marth wears..? Idunno.

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
I actually kinda like Leif's armor more than the armor I suggested. But isn't it kinda weird that Roy would be wearing the armor of the Nephew of the guy whose armor Marth wears..? Idunno.
I would 100% support Leaf for Roy, since he's the only other lord known for using an elemental affinity sword (Light, in Leaf's case). That could have some cool particle/element swaps like Shadow Queen and Doc, too, if they wanted to go that far.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I would 100% support Leaf for Roy, since he's the only other lord known for using an elemental affinity sword (Light, in Leaf's case). That could have some cool particle/element swaps like Shadow Queen and Doc, too, if they wanted to go that far.
There's a new light element that the PMBR made, and Roy's Leaf cosplay can certainly use it.

True Fool

Smash Ace
I was already strongly in favor of Leaf's armor for Roy, considering Roy stole his spot from Melee, and it's a really nice armor design that would look good next to Marth's new costume. But if the Light particles on Roy's fire attacks are possible, that would be amazing.

I'm torn on a new costume for Ike though. I'm not really down with the Awakening designs, mostly because PM isn't really supposed to have anything post-Brawl for content(IMO, not basing that on any info). Ike's Lord outfit is always an option. Not too big on using a RD outfit, simply because RD Ike is supposed to be so much beefier than PoR Ike. Hector's armor is a pretty cool option, maybe change Ragnell's shape and colors to look like a silver blade or something. I don't know which I'd like better.

I'm kinda hoping they make alt colors out of these new costumes though. Mostly for Ike and Marth, particularly because I dislike red Ike and green Marth. It bothered me a little that they took the time to change Wolf's red texture but not Ike. Like they acknowledged that purple and red looked bad together but didn't fix Ike's red and purple combo.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
Considering that there are (I believe) two other costumes on the Brawl Vault by the same creator as the Light Suit, which are the PED Suit and the Dark Suit, I think that's what we'll get.

I'm not gonna lie -- I'm pretty happy we didn't get the Fusion Suit. I've never cared for it.
I would love for a Prime 2&3 Varia Suit alt. costume, as i think Samus should have looked like that in Brawl to begin with, but i'm okay with the PED Suit.

Malion

Smash Ace
Leaf you say? Hmm I'm not familiar with him I wonder what he looks li-
Holy Balls all of the yes.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
LucaRyu has an Akuma swap. I'm sure Ganondorf will have Team Colors, at the least.

The nature of Samus's and Marth's don't really lend themselves to swaps, but I could see Toon Pit getting one or two.
The Lucario alt looks fine as it is, but if it's specifically supposed to be Akuma colored, then maybe a red belt would be a more accurate choice.

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
Im really hoping for a lot more samus outfits. We need a proper dark suit and fusion suit if possible, and if dark samus isnt gona be a character that would make a great costume too. Also the PED suit would be good too!
Furthermore, hopefully we also get some nice ZSS outfits too! Theres a whole bunch id love to see.

id also love to see a goku gi outfit for lucario now that he has ryu gi!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom