• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Malion

Smash Ace
The Lucario alt looks fine as it is, but if it's specifically supposed to be Akuma colored, then maybe a red belt would be a more accurate choice.
I really don't see how it's black at all.

I mean Lucario himself is Grey here, but his Gi is distinctly slate blue.

((hmm is Akuma in a dark blue gi too? I'm dumb if so))

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
See, I think Red is the absolute best color for it. Red + Shiny color as the third alt, as I think was shown as a mockup a page ago?

Please? Me of course being a bigger Ken fan than Ryu or Akuma, but yeah. We needs that.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Aw man, everyone's finding the Awakening designs for Leaf. (I prefer his original art from Thracia/Genealogy). But yeah, that'd be good. As for Ike, I think his Lord outfit would be a nice one. It'd be fairly subtle, and he's already using his Vanguard form for Smash4.

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
Aw man, everyone's finding the Awakening designs for Leaf. (I prefer his original art from Thracia/Genealogy). But yeah, that'd be good. As for Ike, I think his Lord outfit would be a nice one. It'd be fairly subtle, and he's already using his Vanguard form for Smash4.
Actually he's using his Hero class from radiant dawn in Smash 4, Vanguard is the upgraded class from that game for Ike.
But yeah I'm kind of turn between Eliwood Roy and this Leaf Roy, I'm like a huge fan of knights and armor so that's why I like the Leaf Idea, but at the same time I feel Eliwood dressed Roy would fit better with Roy since both he and his dad have the same hair and clothing color plus they're related and would be like playing as Eliwood since they'd look so similar. :D

But as I've said before for Ike I'd hope to see Lord class for him, It's my favorite appearance of his and at the same time It's almost the exact same outfit as his father Grail wears, perhaps even making it the one his father actually wears to make it slightly more different from Ike's original costume and having an even larger nod towards Grail then the plain Lord outfit, then if people like (or if the person making the Alt is nice enough to do) they could make recolors to make it plain Lord class if they'd like.

Anyway's I'm hoping that they decide on giving the the Samus kind of treatment and give them more then one alt, then we could have both Leaf and Eliwood Roy, Awakening and Lord class Ike, as well as another alt for Marth.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Leif already has that upper body armor going on in his original outfit too, so it fits Roy better. I could also see it as a mere pallet swap if so want to give him something else, that's how similar Leif's and Roy's outfits are.

Last edited:

Malion

Smash Ace
See, I think Red is the absolute best color for it. Red + Shiny color as the third alt, as I think was shown as a mockup a page ago?

Please? Me of course being a bigger Ken fan than Ryu or Akuma, but yeah. We needs that.
haha, they should make it a red-orangish colour so you could argue Ken or...

Goku.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Actually he's using his Hero class from radiant dawn in Smash 4, Vanguard is the upgraded class from that game for Ike.
But yeah I'm kind of turn between Eliwood Roy and this Leaf Roy, I'm like a huge fan of knights and armor so that's why I like the Leaf Idea, but at the same time I feel Eliwood dressed Roy would fit better with Roy since both he and his dad have the same hair and clothing color plus they're related and would be like playing as Eliwood since they'd look so similar. :D

But as I've said before for Ike I'd hope to see Lord class for him, It's my favorite appearance of his and at the same time It's almost the exact same outfit as his father Grail wears, perhaps even making it the one his father actually wears to make it slightly more different from Ike's original costume and having an even larger nod towards Grail then the plain Lord outfit, then if people like (or if the person making the Alt is nice enough to do) they could make recolors to make it plain Lord class if they'd like.

Anyway's I'm hoping that they decide on giving the the Samus kind of treatment and give them more then one alt, then we could have both Leaf and Eliwood Roy, Awakening and Lord class Ike, as well as another alt for Marth.
Ah yeah, it's been months since I've played lategame Radiant Dawn. But either way, the Lord outfit would be great for Ike.

For Roy, I'd love a Leaf outfit because the Judgral saga is my favorite, but unlike Marth/Sigurd, Roy and Leaf don't share a hair color. It would still be a cool color/design swap at least. Another cool idea would be Ephraim, though since he doesn't use a sword it would be a loose link at best.

CardiganBoy

Smash Lord
OoT Ganondorf looks so awesome, and better yet his appearance is inspired from the last battle with red cape and long hair, plus his face looks from OoT 3D, they took the best choices.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
OoT Ganondorf looks so awesome, and better yet his appearance is inspired from the last battle with red cape and long hair, plus his face looks from OoT 3D, they took the best choices.
I'm wondering if they added the Phantom Ganon mask as either a 6th costume(if they added all the Alt colors for Classic Ganon there's only 5), or as a secret costume. Probably not though.

Last edited:

MLGF

Smash Lord
I just want Ganon alts.
Because, just like Wolf, everyone is going to jump on it.

Chaos Wolf

Smash Cadet
Yes to Tribal Jiggs, all the Yes!

I've got a few more Karatecario Alts, One inspired by the suggestion of a reddish orange to blur the line between ken and goku. and two other Shotoclones...

Malion

Smash Ace
Lucario being blood orange as opposed to red isnt going to be that noticable. It's all about pleasing the most people with the least amoint of work.

They could eveb make lucario himself yellow/gold to match ken/ssj goku

Giygacoal

Smash Lord

Speaking of Shiny Lucario, I asked a BR guy on Reddit if he can have red eyes (because representation accuracy) like the other Lucario. It turns out some people thought the blue would look more unique/cool... and it certainly does look great, possibly better... but I like accurate shinies lol.
---
I said recently that I would like Balloon Fighter's helmet for Jigglypuff, but I think BF cosplay would be great for the Ice Climbers as well (as long as it doesn't get in the way of Bishounen Popo and Bishoujo Nana). The crossover makes sense too; the Balloon Fight fish is in the Summit stage.

Last edited:

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
Speaking of Shiny Lucario, I asked a BR guy on Reddit if he can have red eyes (because representation accuracy) like the other Lucario. It turns out some people thought the blue would look more unique/cool... and it certainly does look great, possibly better... but I like accurate shinies lol.
---
I said recently that I would like Balloon Fighter's helmet for Jigglypuff, but I think BF cosplay would be great for the Ice Climbers as well (as long as it doesn't get in the way of Bishounen Popo and Bishoujo Nana). The crossover makes sense too; the Balloon Fight fish is in the Summit stage.
There's Alt costume ideas for the Ice Climbers? O:

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
There's Alt costume ideas for the Ice Climbers? O:
But what's this about Bishounen Polo and Bishoujo Nana? Do they become like Samurai?
No, not yet. Just fan ideas. One guy said since there's a classic Pit costume, it would be cool to have an anime Ice Climbers (an inverse). Then I said "Make Popo the most bishounen thing in the game."

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I think chibi Ice Climbers would fit better given how small they both are.

Though yeah I like the idea of making them the reverse Pit of the game.

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
I would love an American flag colored Game & Watch. Have GW colors been talked about yet? I think there is a lot of potential for different colors for him.

All types of different flags, tie-die, tournament specific colors that could be included in things like the CEO package that just came out.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I would love an American flag colored Game & Watch. Have GW colors been talked about yet? I think there is a lot of potential for different colors for him.

All types of different flags, tie-die, tournament specific colors that could be included in things like the CEO package that just came out.
Hmm, Game & Watch doesn't have textures in his file, he just has different material colors - one for his body, one for his outline.
pretty sure you cant do stuff like that with GaW unless you replace all slots.
You can give him new colors, but not new models.

CBO0tz

Smash Lord
No, not yet. Just fan ideas. One guy said since there's a classic Pit costume, it would be cool to have an anime Ice Climbers (an inverse). Then I said "Make Popo the most bishounen thing in the game."
Oh. I thought for a second that there was a mod or concept art for that. They'd probably only be chibi, since most anime characters aren't that short/pudgy. But I second that suggestion of making Ice Climbers have a Balloon fighter costume. Maybe just a Classic Games reference costume for them that gives one a Balloon Fighter helmet and something else maybe..?

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, Game & Watch doesn't have textures in his file, he just has different material colors - one for his body, one for his outline.

You can give him new colors, but not new models.
Does this mean that the material color could be changed in favor of a different color or pattern, or is it just a no-go on g&w?

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Oh. I thought for a second that there was a mod or concept art for that. They'd probably only be chibi, since most anime characters aren't that short/pudgy. But I second that suggestion of making Ice Climbers have a Balloon fighter costume. Maybe just a Classic Games reference costume for them that gives one a Balloon Fighter helmet and something else maybe..?
I think they should have the same outfits, just different colors.
Chibi makes too much sense. I want Popo to be hansamu, dammit! He could have spiky anime/Square-Enix hero hair.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Does this mean that the material color could be changed in favor of a different color or pattern, or is it just a no-go on g&w?
He can have new colors added, but it can only be one color for his body and one color for his outline.

Although I believe some of his weapons have their own material colors, but I'm not sure. If so, it could be a clever idea to give him and his weapons white outlines and make his body red and his weapons blue or vice versa for that 'Murican Game and Watch color you were talking about. Like I said, though. Not sure about the weapons.
Biker outfit to reference Mach Rider?

Last edited:

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
He can have new colors added, but it can only be one color for his body and one color for his outline.

(Although I believe some of his weapons have their own material colors, but I'm not sure.)
That's a bit disapointing, but understood.

By the way, I'm glad the Back Room has slightly altered their stance on alt costumes. Before, they said that one character's alt cannot be or reference another character, but now it looks like it can reference another character (i.e. Marth dressed like Sigurd) as long as it still is the original character.

With this in mind, what do you think of Ness with Ninten's outfit (making him basically look like Ninten) or Lucas with an actual Masked Man mask? Would this appease fans of these characters that probably aren't at the top of the list for the clone engine, or would it insult them?

Exodo

Smash Ace
you know what alt costume we need?? a casual link from twilight princess!!! that would be cool.

Shin F.

Smash Master
That's a bit disapointing, but understood.

By the way, I'm glad the Back Room has slightly altered their stance on alt costumes. Before, they said that one character's alt cannot be or reference another character, but now it looks like it can reference another character (i.e. Marth dressed like Sigurd) as long as it still is the original character.

With this in mind, what do you think of Ness with Ninten's outfit (making him basically look like Ninten) or Lucas with an actual Masked Man mask? Would this appease fans of these characters that probably aren't at the top of the list for the clone engine, or would it insult them?
This was always their policy. It hasn't changed at all.

Speaking as a supporter of both Ninten and Ness, we wouldn't be insulted, but we would be fairly disappointed that they weren't playable, just as any person supporting a character that doesn't make it in.

Last edited:

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
This was always their policy. It hasn't changed at all.

Speaking as a supporter of both Ninten and Ness, we wouldn't be insulted, but we would be fairly disappointed that they weren't playable, just as any person supporting a character that doesn't make it in.
Would a costume be prefered to no Ninten?

Shin F.

Smash Master
Would a costume be prefered to no Ninten?
I almost feel this question is too obvious to answer. Yes, I'd rather have a costume than nothing. That doesn't mean I won't still be disappointed if that's all he is. Not that I'm actually expecting him to make the cut, but that doesn't really lessen it any.

Last edited:

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
I almost feel this question is too obvious to answer. Yes, I'd rather have a costume than nothing. That doesn't mean I won't still be disappointed if that's all he is. Not that I'm actually expecting him to make the cut, but that doesn't really lessen it any.
I guess I've been listening to too many people whining about their favorite characters in the Smash 4 forums to expect that much rationality. Some Waluigi supporters have even said that they would rather have no assist trophy to represent him than no Waluigi as a playable character.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I guess I've been listening to too many people whining about their favorite characters in the Smash 4 forums to expect that much rationality. Some Waluigi supporters have even said that they would rather have no assist trophy to represent him than no Waluigi as a playable character.
Yeah, those crazy Smash 4 guys...

I look at it like this. If you're a 10 year old kid trick or treating on Halloween, having one of them playable would be like getting a big bag of candy the size of your head at each house. Having them as an official costume is like getting a small handful of candy at each house. Having them as an unofficial costume is like having one tiny little piece in total. Having nothing is like... well, like having nothing. Or maybe like getting a bar of soap from each house. Still sucks, either way.

(Having them playable and top tier is like winning Candy Mountain.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom