• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PM Arts and Alts Thread

Thank you PMDT!

• :)

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • :')

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • ;-;

Votes: 9 47.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Awesome. If more people agree then this might be the way the thread will get done.

We could permit an X amount of vote changes per person. Also, it'd be nice if someone from the PMBR approved of this or at least monitored how this all turns out, as this all means nothing if the PMBR isn't notified. They could also clarify when it's best to count votes: they could install one or several deadlines (before or between which people can use one of their X amount of vote changes to be taken into consideration for the (next) deadline).

This is all fun, but without the PMBR members' participation/approval this is all basically meaningless.
The PMBR isn't taking into account the votes of the Clone Engine thread so I don't see why they would take this into account.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
The PMBR isn't taking into account the votes of the Clone Engine thread so I don't see why they would take this into account.
I see, well that kind of complicates things.

But I guess this puts this project on the same level as the clone engine voting project: I somehow don't think it's entirely neglected by the PMBR. I like to think that they at least take it into consideration or something along those lines (though if they didn't that wouldn't be that weird either).

Zeallyx

I think we should just do like a vote every couple days on certain characters. Number of votes= number of costumes slots remaining.
That's a good idea for structuring the voting process, but this might make it so that people have a great idea for a costume, but said character isn't up during that period and they never get around to posting it. The same can even be said for less good ideas: ideas that do contribute to the accurate image of costumes' popularity.

Edit: sorry for the double post: I meant to edit this one into the other one, but I clicked post instead.

arcticfox8

Smash Champion
I say we just do what the clone engine thread did, you get full votes for the number of costume slots said character has, and half votes for anything that didn't fit. No down votes, though. With how many votes you can have compared to the clone engine thread I don't think it's a good idea.
Here's some mock conversation.

I vote for Young Link as Link's last alt. I also vote for 4 new ICs recolors. I actually don't care that much.
I wanna see Link's black tunic come back for an OoT recolor
I didn't think of that! I'll throw it a half vote
aaaaaand scene

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Really, my only Alt. request is Samus's Light Suit. After that, you could give every character an alt with an ass for a face and I wouldn't care.

I'd just be sittin' in the corner, playin' with my sexy Light Suit.

EDIT: Actually, that assface thing is interesting. I vote assface for everyone.

Toxicroaker

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4184-2367-6702
I am going to vote now (tell me if I am doing something wrong)

Link: Dark Melee Link
Peach: Melee Peach and Wedding Peach
Luigi: Blue Mr. L, Red Mr. L, and Dr. Luigi (Both Mr. L 2 points)
Bowser: Dark Bowser, Meowser, and Bowletta
Donkey Kong: Donkey Kong Jr., Green Boxing Outfit, and Blue Boxing Outfit (Boxing Outfits 1 point)
Wolf: Red Pirate, Blue Pirate, and Green Pirate
Toon Link: Conductor Link, Gold, and Young Link Inspired Cloths
Mewtwo: Red Armor, Bronze Armor, and Yellow
Jigglypuff: Headphones, Headband, and Bow
Lucas: Pajama Lucas, Pigmask Army Uniform, and Ness Colors
Ness: Ghost Ness, Robot Ness, and Young Ness
Meta Knight: Classic Meta Knight (Kirby's Adventure), Quick Draw Meta Knight, and Dark Meta Knight
Olimar: Charlie Color Scheme, Brittany Color Scheme, and Alph Color Scheme (All 1 point)
R.O.B.: Wii Build, DS Build, and Gamecube Build
Diddy Kong: Gangster Cloths, Kiddy Kong's Cloths, Lanky Kong's Cloths, and Funky Kong's Cloths (All clothing 1 point)
Captain Falcon: Original Captain Falcon, F-Zero X Super Falcon Suit, F-Zero GX Captain Falcon, and F-Zero GX Disguise
Ice Climbers: Classic NES Cloths, Brown, Orange, and Yellow
Zelda/Sheik: Melee, Melee Red, Melee Blue, and Melee Green (All colors 1 point)
Ganondorf: Melee, Melee Red, Melee Blue, and Melee Green (All colors 1 point)
Lucario: Brown, Orange, Purple, and Pink
Pikachu: Green Melee Hat, Cowboy Hat, Green Backpack, and Ninja Mask
Squirtle: Clone Colors, Shiny, Dark Blue, and Black and White
Ivysaur: Clone Colors, Black, Pink, and Yellow
Charizard: Clone Colors, White, Yellow, and Pink
Samus/Zero Suit Samus: Light Suit/Blue Metroid Fusion Ending, Power Suit/Justin Baily, Hazard Suit/Black Super Metroid Ending, and PED Suit/Orange Metroid Zero Mission Ending
Pit: Classic, Sacred Treasures, Purple, and Grey
Kirby: Brown, Orange, Purple, and Shadow
King Dedede: Masked Dedede, N64 Dedede, Quickdraw Dedede, and Toy Dedede (Kirby's Toy Box)
Ike: Awakening Ike, Hero, Ranger, and Vanguard
Marth: Awakening Marth, Classic (Pantless) Marth, Shadow Dragon Marth, and Mystery of the Emblem Marth
Roy: Awakening Roy, Binding Blade Roy, Child Roy, and Orange
Mr. Game and Watch: Pink, Orange, White, and Brown
Snake: Tuxedo, Old Snake, MG1 Snake, and Liquid Snake
Sonic: Yellow, Pink, White, Racing Outfit, and Darkspine Sonic

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
I can't believe I stopped getting notifications again for this thread. I'm glad it's not dead like I thought it was.

I think it's a great idea having a new thread with a voting system. I'll wait to post my votes until the thread is up and the system finalized. I'm gonna go ahead and find my old list and structure it in vote form, though...

I do want to bring something up, though - what about alts which would be meant to replace a recolor? For instance, one popular idea was to replace Samus' Dark Suit recolor with the actual Dark Suit.

And also, what about alts that would be meant to have recolors, like Melee/OoT Zelda with team colors? Do we simply vote for each recolor separately (with different weights given to each recolor), or do we group them together under a single vote?

Last edited:

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah, another note I wanna make is stuff like Nurse Peach won't work. Peach uses her dress to attack in moves like her down-smash, so we can't remove it or make it shorter.

Same goes for Sports Peach.

Zeallyx

Oh yeah, another note I wanna make is stuff like Nurse Peach won't work. Peach uses her dress to attack in moves like her down-smash, so we can't remove it or make it shorter.

Same goes for Sports Peach.
I understand, thanks for the info!

Is there a possibility that you provide some more info like that: limitations and possibilities regarding alt. costumes? All info on the matter is more than welcome.

Also, would the PMBR even support an alt. costume voting and discussion thread? Or has the stage of fan-feedback been passed?

Piks

Smash Journeyman
Sure! Weapons are another thing we have to be careful of. Anything that has a hitbox has to be the same size as whatever it's replacing.

As for your second question, fan feedback is always great. Things like Fire Peach were added last minute, so the same might happen here-- So yeah, we'd definitely support an alt costume voting+disscussion thread, even though we've decided on most of the costumes already.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Most of the costumes have already decided? Damn, I thought you guys were gonna take a longer break after the massive release that was 3.0. I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone when I say we appreciate you guys hard work and dedication. Really, it's the little things like alt costumes that make PM all the more amazing than any previous game.

Shin F.

Smash Master
Most of the costumes have already decided? Damn, I thought you guys were gonna take a longer break after the massive release that was 3.0. I'm pretty sure I speak for everyone when I say we appreciate you guys hard work and dedication. Really, it's the little things like alt costumes that make PM all the more amazing than any previous game.
The little things, the big things... ALL the things make it epic!

Zeallyx

Sure! Weapons are another thing we have to be careful of. Anything that has a hitbox has to be the same size as whatever it's replacing.

As for your second question, fan feedback is always great. Things like Fire Peach were added last minute, so the same might happen here-- So yeah, we'd definitely support an alt costume voting+disscussion thread, even though we've decided on most of the costumes already.
Good to know, thanks.

And I'm glad to read that fan-feedback is still apreciated =)
I second the question asking if you guys plan to fill every slot.

Also, I know that this is confidential, but could you please tell us which slots are taken by the constumes you guys have already decided on? I'm not asking for what the costumes are, as I assume that's part of the hype for the next installment, but can you tell us which slots are already decided on? This is quite important for the voting and the voting system, but I'd understand if even that much info is already too much to make public.

Regardless of your answer on the second question in this post, we can soon start the alt. costume voting and discussion thread as we now know there's a chance it can make a difference and add to the whole that is Project M (content wise). =)

I also want to let you and (maybe through you) the rest of the PMBR know, that Project M is my favorite Smash game to date and that you guys are doing an amazing job!

ElGoombaswag

Hououin Kyoma
NNID
cdoggfuentes

can't wait to see what alternate costumes there are!!! but wait... you guys took away toon link's hat. is that different from peach's dress?

ElGoombaswag

Hououin Kyoma
NNID
cdoggfuentes
It really is too bad that Nurse Peach's costume is too short. It would be awesome to have her with lightning effects to match Dr. Mario, but - eh, PM is awesome no matter what.

Yeah, we got that.
i can't think of any other costumes that don't change her dress. maybe an actual daisy costume to replace the peach with daisy colors? or rosalina? im stumped

Shin F.

Smash Master
i can't think of any other costumes that don't change her dress. maybe an actual daisy costume to replace the peach with daisy colors? or rosalina? im stumped
No, we can't have Daisy or Rosalina imports, because PMBR has said that they will only make alts that are, essentially, the same character. So no Daisy or Rosalina over Peach, no Shadow or Metal Sonic over Sonic, no Tails over Fox, etc.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
That's true, I can't think of any either. Hmm...

EDIT: I can only think of her Sunshine outfit, the sleeveless one with shorter hair. I'd like it actually, it looks pretty cute.

Last edited:

ElGoombaswag

Hououin Kyoma
NNID
cdoggfuentes
No, we can't have Daisy or Rosalina imports, because PMBR has said that they will only make alts that are, essentially, the same character. So no Daisy or Rosalina over Peach, no Shadow or Metal Sonic over Sonic, no Tails over Fox, etc.
i give up on peach now. im gonna focus on bowser

Shin F.

Smash Master
as i said earlier in this thread, dark bowser. i had striker bowser and cat bowser, but bones need to be adjusted, and thats not good for wifi.
Obviously Meowser would need bones edits for his tail, but why would Striker Bowser need bone edits? If it's because of the claws being longer, then that can be adjusted easily. I mean, the changes to Dr. Mario from his official appearance (blue gloves, black pants) shows that PMBR is willing to exercise some creative license.

ElGoombaswag

Hououin Kyoma
NNID
cdoggfuentes
Obviously Meowser would need bones edits for his tail, but why would Striker Bowser need bone edits? If it's because of the claws being longer, then that can be adjusted easily. I mean, the changes to Dr. Mario from his official appearance (blue gloves, black pants) shows that PMBR is willing to exercise some creative license.
true. i just thought the claws needed work

Game&Watcher

Smash Ace
NNID
GameAndWatcher96
Also Boxer DK's shorts, and Virtual R.O.B. as a whole.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
What if we just made a new thread dedicated to votes? We could even update what character is being voted on or something. There's a list of the most popular votes somewhere in this thread, we could use those to make a weekly vote or something.
Though, I'd suggest someone defines what is meant by "the same character."
Do clones count (snake and big boss), do reincarnations count (like OoT Link to Twilight Princess Link), multiverse characters count? (like sonic to scourge)? Can a character wear a powered up version of themself (like fierce deity link, super sonic, or phazon samus) if they are cosplaying it?

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
Good to know, thanks.

And I'm glad to read that fan-feedback is still apreciated =)
I second the question asking if you guys plan to fill every slot.

Also, I know that this is confidential, but could you please tell us which slots are taken by the constumes you guys have already decided on? I'm not asking for what the costumes are, as I assume that's part of the hype for the next installment, but can you tell us which slots are already decided on? This is quite important for the voting and the voting system, but I'd understand if even that much info is already too much to make public.

Regardless of your answer on the second question in this post, we can soon start the alt. costume voting and discussion thread as we now know there's a chance it can make a difference and add to the whole that is Project M (content wise). =)

I also want to let you and (maybe through you) the rest of the PMBR know, that Project M is my favorite Smash game to date and that you guys are doing an amazing job!
All that I can tell you is that our main priority is to get each character at least one alternate costume, with maybe some team colors (depending on what the costume is).

Once each character had a costume, then we will go in and decide if any can use another costume or more recolors.

We are currently working on some new costumes, and we have ideas with what we want to do with most of the characters. However, not all characters have a definitive plan, and we are still brainstorming ideas. I personally always watch this thread, and if I see any neat ideas, I'll bring it up with the rest of the art team.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
All that I can tell you is that our main priority is to get each character at least one alternate costume, with maybe some team colors (depending on what the costume is).

Once each character had a costume, then we will go in and decide if any can use another costume or more recolors.

We are currently working on some new costumes, and we have ideas with what we want to do with most of the characters. However, not all characters have a definitive plan, and we are still brainstorming ideas. I personally always watch this thread, and if I see any neat ideas, I'll bring it up with the rest of the art team.
Awesome. I love when they have their alt costumes work as team colors. ^_^ Though some could be a team color but aren't (like outset toon link).

ElGoombaswag

Hououin Kyoma
NNID
cdoggfuentes

its nce to know one of the back room members of project m is looking at this thread constantly. it would be great to see some ideas from this thread. only question is, will we also see recolors?

Zeallyx

Thanks for the info.
In light of what you said, would you say that a popularity indication (which is basically what the voting will result in) would help you guys decide, or is the way this thread has been going sufficient for the ongoing process of alt. costume selections?

didn't mean to double post. sorry.
So you triple post, lol.

nice* my bad for typo
Guys, seriously: the edit button is right down there, lol.

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
its nce to know one of the back room members of project m is looking at this thread constantly. it would be great to see some ideas from this thread. only question is, will we also see recolors?
For alternate costumes? Yeah, for certain ones.

Thanks for the info.
In light of what you said, would you say that a popularity indication (which is basically what the voting will result in) would help you guys decide, or is the way this thread has been going sufficient for the ongoing process of alt. costume selections?
It can help give us some priority on which costumes to work on first, yeah.
I'm not sure on influence of actual costumes though. We're pretty set on our decisions for most of the costumes.
It will for sure help give us ideas though.

For example, if we see multiple costumes that we plan to make on the list, we will try to get the most popular ones done first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom