• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

please desticky and replace with new thread. link to new thread in OP if needed

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
lol i check in and i'm like oh god how do i tell who they are talking about

not to mention they flipped all three pokes around

Fearmy

Smash Ace
I say Zard is Super Effective, just simply dodge his attacks in air if possible (I don't play that many good olimars) Seriously Rock Smashing That ****** in the face feels nice and flamethrower to def against the pikmin.

Ivy, well she needs to worry about range and red pikmin, but she can easily spam Razor leaves and kill the pikmin. I don't know really, but Zard is Super Effective

Okay For jiggles i think it goes like this (I don't play any pro jiggles, just lvl 9)

Squirtle- Well this is Neutral. Jiggles has probably more power than squirtle in the air. Probably because of the fact of her having multi jumps and being extremely floaty. Jiggles also has better smashes than squirt (They come out faster) but if you are smart, you can take down jiggles by getting your air attacks on her and D-Throwing Her

Ivysaur- Probably Super Effective. Jiggles shines mainly in her Air attacks, but since ivy is pretty much AA, Boom, and since she is the lightest character, i bet you could kill her at 50%

Charizard- Hmmm i think this is neutral as well. Just avoid her air attacks and you can easily F smash her and she goes flying. Rocks smash is extremely powerful in everyway against her and of course, there is Flamethrower
:)

Zard-Neutral

Squirt Neutral

IVy SE

While i'm at it I'll do Bowser(B Owser)

Squirt- Neutral. Why? Because bowser is like a trained grizzly bear, you can't ever give him control, and when he does, BAM! you go flying. Easy to Forward air. Since bowser fails in vertical revovery and since it's easy to pull of a Foot Stool with Squirt, he owns him, but if bowser hits him with like an, move he gets pwnt, and he usually stays in the fire longer

Ivy- NOt Effective. The only thing good ivy has is her B here. She can't really kill with F Smash because of bowser's weight and great horizontal recovery

Zard- Super effective. Why.... He is bowser with wings, and faster. seriously,a perfect rock smash and if you pull of either a foot stool, or a spike, you win. they both are heavy and zard attacks faster.
Learn the Foot Stool!

sharkboy013

Smash Lord
I managed to get a couple of matches against Diddy today. I consider the person a pretty good player, probably equal to myself considering he's had a lot of practice, I'm just decent with PT.

From what I've noticed:

Squirtle: Neutral

I opened with Squirtle, thinking that my small height and equal speed and gameplay would move the game in my favor. While I was not doing bad, myself and the Diddy player were equally matched. I seemed like I was having an upper hand for a little while, my WoP's and the like keeping him at bay.

I did KO him once before switching to Ivy.. where.. well.

Ivysaur: Super Effective

Oh baby. Ivysaur was MEAN to Diddy on my end. Every time he would try to charge at me, he would eat Razor Leaf. He goes airborne, he gets a few good air attacks and bullet seed if I timed it right. My charge attacks took mega priority on him, his light weight makes him easily slain at lower percentages by uair and up smash. When Ivysaur came out, I hit the exhaust marker and nearly took two of his lives alone.

Charizard: Not very effective...

Ugh. THIS one makes me cry a little. I won't say I'm an expert with Zard, but most of the day I'd been getting better as I played more, so I like to think I've become pretty good with him.

Every time I tried to get some form of superiority, I would get poked, WoP'd or something else. I got a good Rock Smash or Flamethrower in here or there, but other than that, really nothing I could do. I ended up switching to Squirtle before I took too much damage and finished him with a WoP.

Fearmy

Smash Ace
Jeez This Joke is getting annoying to understand :)

ok i have got Lucario Down and i'm plannign to do the space animals next

Squirt- Not Very Effective. Jeez since Lucario has that gay guts skill, he can easily own squirtle. Squirtle is mainly about racking up damage, and lucario can use that damage against him. i mean aerial frenzy, and lucario gets a lucky Down Smash kills him

Ivy- YES, SO SUPER EFFECTIVE!!! since she can kill at low %'s Lucario has a tough time. I nearly 3 stocked a lvl 9 comp and a lucario player (i did on the player) She pretty much does the Neutral Air, If last hit doesn't hit, Bullet seed and then D throw and F air.

Zard- Neutral. This guy just well can either killing lucario or getting killed. It's just that lucario's guts gets cancled by Zard's weight, but zard does a lot of damage, so lucario can easily get to like 150, and then again Zard can kill this guy around 100%. Lucario is well a nice floaty character who can adapt to air if he needs to. just a bit confusing :confused:

Fearmy

Smash Ace
Okay, I think i have the 3 space devils down

Fox
-------

Squirtle - Hmmm. Mainly The Fox's I play tend to roll dodge and get a quick smash on me. Well they can't if i fly to the sky right? Now you might be thinking that you can just do the usually aerial mauling stragety, but you forget, Fox really shines In his mighty U Smash and U air. That kinda cancels out flying to the sky so much. That means you are going to have to be grounded for a bit. Fox then WILL use his laser on you. but seeing how squirtle can crawl under his lasers gives him safe approach. Overall, I say Squirtle is Neutral

Ivysaur - Dang this is a pain. Fox just is to quick for this little defense Anti air queen. I can barely get any hits with her, but if i do i remeber to make sure it stings for life. Ivy is not to short so she can't crawl under the lasers. Also she can't razor leaf spam due to the reflector that we got standing in our way. Definetley Not Very effective.

Charizard - Ah... This is nice. I got so bored today, i played a lvl 9 fox one life on Castle siege. I 3 shoted this guy. Rock smashed him, then i D throwed him, then i just Spiked him. Fox might think that this guy is slow, and easy to his with his blaster, but they forget Zard's special, Rock smash and Earthquake (D smash). I had a friend over today and he is the roll dodge smash fox. Well he can't smash me if i E-quake right? Jeez Charizard, might take a lot of damage, but he kills fox extremley fast. If he knocks you high in the air and tries to U air you, Spike him, i'm pretty sure that your spike will hit first (or that atleast happend to me) and if that doesn't, you can spike him with your Up B (noticed that today, was pretty awesome, you got to hit them with yoru bottom). I say Super Effective

Falco
-------

Squirtle - Yippe for squirt squirt! This guy just rips our blue bird apart! Squirtle just dominates falco in the air and if played right the ground too. Squirtle has hydroplaning and of course the air. Falco can jump higher than you and most ppl kill by Spiking you down. Just cleverly avoid it, there is a bit of lag now after that spike. falco has i think the most annoying blaster. Squirtle can just crawl underneath and tada fist in falco's face. Super Effective

Ivysaur - Hmm... Well this is fun i guess. Ivysaur has her bullet seed powers against falco when he's not in the air. When Falco is in the air, she has her AA disposal ready, so i think that is a plus for her. However since she can't avoid the Lasers that is pretty annoying because it stuns you, and by the time that is done, you are already getting another one in your face. Also her Range is out matched by falco's blaster, which is already annoying enough. YOur speed is pretty much the same and falco is what i usually see a deffensive character. However, you got better killing moves. I say Neutral

Charizard - Eww... Falco just totally ***** Zard with his Laser. and if that isn't enough, he can take to the sky with his amazing spike attack. I won't lie, Charizard is pretty big and if a if falco wants to spike some big thing down, he will. Falco also has his fun in his Neutral A attack. It is hard to get a rock smash on because of well, it is jsut hard to approach this guy him being so defensive and zard being so aggressive. I say Not Very effective

Wolf
-------

Squirtle - DANGER!!! wolf has a crazy side B. If that guy SS it... Then well Squirtle will probably die around... 60-70? I really didn't pay attention to the %. Squirtle can't go under wolf's lasers, so well that is a small chunk of damage right there. Wolf will take you down if you go to the air with his side b, and then he dominates everything on the ground with his smashes. Just stay away from this guy and attack after he does his attack. This guy is Foot Stool Fodder though, Which is definitely a good thing for squirt, because he is good at Foot Stool (or for me atleast)

Ivysaur - THis is a pretty nice match up. Wolf seems like a pretty aggresive character. I was just looking over the wolf board, and everyone was complaining about how he totally gets ***** by defensive characters. Wolf is well pretty slow and then he just gets razor leafed and then you can Side step and then Forward Smash and that totally sends him flying. Wolf also has trouble latching on to the ledge. Just Up B and well you got a kill. Definitley Supper Effective

Charizard- Hmm let's see. 2 aggresive characters fighting each other. well i say it can be even. Zard has Rock Smash, wolf has his B attack. Zard has flamethrower, wolf has crazy smashes. THey both have decent spikes, and are i think around the same speed. It's fine though, you can kill him if you spike and hang on the ledge right away ( well on some dumb wolves) He is Neutral

Well that was a lot of work, i'm going to go now... Parents getting mad just barely covered wolf :(

infernovia

Smash Ace
Wario:
I am having an easy time against Wario with Ivysaur. Most of the attacks out range him, so spacing is key. One of wario's awesome combos (leave the bike on the field, let the opponent pick it up and Fsmash) runs into a problem here cuz you can attack from a safe distance. I can KO him ok, even though he can recover from practically anywhere.

Edit: Alright, I guess I am not playing a good enough Wario after looking at the other analysis. Wario is super amazing in the air, but usually its usually my Ivysaur that has control of the game.

maskeXD

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I think i have the 3 space devils down

Fox
-------

Squirtle - Hmmm. Mainly The Fox's I play tend to roll dodge and get a quick smash on me. Well they can't if i fly to the sky right? Now you might be thinking that you can just do the usually aerial mauling stragety, but you forget, Fox really shines In his mighty U Smash and U air. That kinda cancels out flying to the sky so much. That means you are going to have to be grounded for a bit. Fox then WILL use his laser on you. but seeing how squirtle can crawl under his lasers gives him safe approach. Overall, I say Squirtle is Neutral

Ivysaur - Dang this is a pain. Fox just is to quick for this little defense Anti air queen. I can barely get any hits with her, but if i do i remeber to make sure it stings for life. Ivy is not to short so she can't crawl under the lasers. Also she can't razor leaf spam due to the reflector that we got standing in our way. Definetley Not Very effective.

Charizard - Ah... This is nice. I got so bored today, i played a lvl 9 fox one life on Castle siege. I 3 shoted this guy. Rock smashed him, then i D throwed him, then i just Spiked him. Fox might think that this guy is slow, and easy to his with his blaster, but they forget Zard's special, Rock smash and Earthquake (D smash). I had a friend over today and he is the roll dodge smash fox. Well he can't smash me if i E-quake right? Jeez Charizard, might take a lot of damage, but he kills fox extremley fast. If he knocks you high in the air and tries to U air you, Spike him, i'm pretty sure that your spike will hit first (or that atleast happend to me) and if that doesn't, you can spike him with your Up B (noticed that today, was pretty awesome, you got to hit them with yoru bottom). I say Super Effective

Falco
-------

Squirtle - Yippe for squirt squirt! This guy just rips our blue bird apart! Squirtle just dominates falco in the air and if played right the ground too. Squirtle has hydroplaning and of course the air. Falco can jump higher than you and most ppl kill by Spiking you down. Just cleverly avoid it, there is a bit of lag now after that spike. falco has i think the most annoying blaster. Squirtle can just crawl underneath and tada fist in falco's face. Super Effective

Ivysaur - Hmm... Well this is fun i guess. Ivysaur has her bullet seed powers against falco when he's not in the air. When Falco is in the air, she has her AA disposal ready, so i think that is a plus for her. However since she can't avoid the Lasers that is pretty annoying because it stuns you, and by the time that is done, you are already getting another one in your face. Also her Range is out matched by falco's blaster, which is already annoying enough. YOur speed is pretty much the same and falco is what i usually see a deffensive character. However, you got better killing moves. I say Neutral

Charizard - Eww... Falco just totally ***** Zard with his Laser. and if that isn't enough, he can take to the sky with his amazing spike attack. I won't lie, Charizard is pretty big and if a if falco wants to spike some big thing down, he will. Falco also has his fun in his Neutral A attack. It is hard to get a rock smash on because of well, it is jsut hard to approach this guy him being so defensive and zard being so aggressive. I say Not Very effective

Wolf
-------

Squirtle - DANGER!!! wolf has a crazy side B. If that guy SS it... Then well Squirtle will probably die around... 60-70? I really didn't pay attention to the %. Squirtle can't go under wolf's lasers, so well that is a small chunk of damage right there. Wolf will take you down if you go to the air with his side b, and then he dominates everything on the ground with his smashes. Just stay away from this guy and attack after he does his attack. This guy is Foot Stool Fodder though, Which is definitely a good thing for squirt, because he is good at Foot Stool (or for me atleast)

Ivysaur - THis is a pretty nice match up. Wolf seems like a pretty aggresive character. I was just looking over the wolf board, and everyone was complaining about how he totally gets ***** by defensive characters. Wolf is well pretty slow and then he just gets razor leafed and then you can Side step and then Forward Smash and that totally sends him flying. Wolf also has trouble latching on to the ledge. Just Up B and well you got a kill. Definitley Supper Effective

Charizard- Hmm let's see. 2 aggresive characters fighting each other. well i say it can be even. Zard has Rock Smash, wolf has his B attack. Zard has flamethrower, wolf has crazy smashes. THey both have decent spikes, and are i think around the same speed. It's fine though, you can kill him if you spike and hang on the ledge right away ( well on some dumb wolves) He is Neutral

Well that was a lot of work, i'm going to go now... Parents getting mad just barely covered wolf :(

EXACTELLY:lick:

Luigi:

Squirtle: Not very effective: Squirtle is an air king... so is Luigi. However Luigi's got more powerful finhishers like his up+B that sends light characters like squirtle away. And he's not easilly combo'ed by squirt.

Ivysaur: Neutral: Luigi easilly covers Ivy's range, but can't do much after that. Heavier than Squitle, Ivy doesn't fly away that much, specially aganist Luigi's up killers, but Ivy ain't got a good horizontal recovery...

Charizard: Super Effective: All Zard's combos seem to work on Luigi. His spacing is more difficult to break by a Luigi than Ivy's. Too heavy to fly away on Luigi's up+B. Easy spikes. Excellent horizontal recovery (which, BTW is a pain for a Luigi to edgeguard). Luigi is floaty enough to get KO'ed by Fly and Rock Smash.

RedBaron73

Smash Cadet
Jigglypuff

Squirtle-Neutral: Both being great aireal characters they often will end up matching in attack. Squirtle has Waterfall to prevent air combos and water gun to disturb jiggs' recovery. Jigglypuff, on the other hand can easily sing you to slow Squirtle and then rest you away.

Ivysaur- SUPER EFFECTIVE: all special moves shut down aireal attacks and Up smash just ***** jiggs' lightweight.

Charizard- "Not very effective": Actually Zard is fairly neutral, just less neutral than squirtle. Jigglypuff can annoy you with avoiding and your large size improves her aireal accuracy. However if you somehow hit her, because of her lightweight, it it pretty much an instant K.O.

Sorry for the constant mispelling of aireal.

Fearmy

Smash Ace
Jigglypuff

Squirtle-Neutral: Both being great aireal characters they often will end up matching in attack. Squirtle has Waterfall to prevent air combos and water gun to disturb jiggs' recovery. Jigglypuff, on the other hand can easily sing you to slow Squirtle and then rest you away.

Ivysaur- SUPER EFFECTIVE: all special moves shut down aireal attacks and Up smash just ***** jiggs' lightweight.

Charizard- "Not very effective": Actually Zard is fairly neutral, just less neutral than squirtle. Jigglypuff can annoy you with avoiding and your large size improves her aireal accuracy. However if you somehow hit her, because of her lightweight, it it pretty much an instant K.O.

Sorry for the constant mispelling of aireal.
aerial :)

also that is almost exactly what i said nice job

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
new update! i added in gw and lucas from my own experiences. ivysaur's leaves eat through pk fires and are quicker and more spammable, so lucas has to approach. he also can't absorb the leaves. ivysaur's nice range and ground game defeat lucas's. aerial wise you are okay, but nothing spectacular. se.

squirtle can gimp lucas's recovery easily with water gun and just simple air attacks as well. squirtle's quickness can negate some of the power lucas has, as well as being able to dodge pk fires pretty well. neutral.

charizard just gets ***** by pk fires due to his size, and lucas is quicker and quite powerful in his attacks. nve.

squirtle did pretty well against gw. gw has a great air game, but so does squirtle. you can beat him to the punch, but you have to be quick and skillful about it. on the ground, you are quick enough to rack up damage on him. se, but could be neutral.

ivy was pretty bad, actually. :s gw just ***** you in the air and with his approaches. you can razor leaf him to keep your distance and rack up damage (bucket doesn't work), but be very careful when he gets within range. however, gw is also fairly light and you can easily switch ivy in once squirtle has racked up damage to get the ko. nve in my experience.

charizard was great. rock smash rips gw apart and can work in the air against gw's attacks if you are quick and skillful about it. fair is nice too. you can toss some ft in but be VERY careful. gw can fill his bucket up in about 3 seconds if he happens to whip it out. you can flamethrower up close, but quit it if he di's to the outside. charizard's tilts have great range, so you can poke gw around a bit, and your smashes can ko gw at less than 100%, if they are fresh. se, in my experience.

Fearmy

Smash Ace
Oops! Sorry! Didn't see that you already posted it.

God....I feel like an idiot now.
Haha, it's cool

Ok Here is Snake!!

Squirtle: Hmmm... Snake has an amazing U tilt and U air. The reason why i would die to a snake player is because of that reason. Snake, is well a very hard character to play. Squirtle needs to watch out for his dangerous smash attacks, since squirtle is so light he will be blasted very early. However, i used water gun on snake in several moments. Like when snake is charging his D smash. HE slides off the place and sometimes he puts it down, but if he does, he seriously needs to watchout. Also i killed my brother by when he used his Up B and i just squirted him off the stage before he was about to land... Ahh good times. I seriously don't know what to say about this i guess, squirtle really needs to avoid the ground, which is helpful when squirts in the air :) This is Neutral

Ivysaur: Yes!!!! I love Ivysaur. Ivysaur just needs to counter snakes gernade frenzy with her razor leaves! They will go throw and i think if you hit them twice, they blow up, that is what i keep doing to my brother. Since ivysaur has a nice reach, she can also use her razor leaf spam powers when snake is spamming his U smash ( the rocket goes to the sky and it happens really fast, it's kinda like a wall) Snake really isn't known for his dodging skills, which is cool, snake is easy to hit, which everyone will be happy with. Snake has a great recovery, and to counter that, Uair and that is game. also as a fun fact, you can razor leaf the guided missle and it goes off track. Super Effective

Charizard: Hmmm... I have seen this go both ways. charizard can easily rock smash that soldier in the face. However, it is extremely hard for zard to dodge snakes gernade frenzy, followed up a guided Missle, who protects himself by the mines. However, snake is almost pathetic when in combat. the most useful thing he probably has that he can get down is his A combo, and also his Forward Tilt. I'll go with Neutral

Next up Samus!

Squirtle: Yippe? Squirtle can easily dodge Samus Zair because he is so short! pretty much what makes samus deadly is the Short hop missle and Zair, but mainly the zair, other wise samus is just a person with low lag that can be ripped apart by anyone. how ever if you do go in the air, make sure that it is a nice high jump, or you will be zaired in the face, and you will never like that. avoid her B (mostly found by a jab and then shot, but you can only avoid that by dodging the jab) Super Effective

Ivysaur: This is a pain a bit. The zair gets annoying for ivysaur unless you do your razor leaf spam. i don't know if you can crawl under the zair but i've never tried it out. The deadlist move that samus has against Ivysaur is probably her D Tilt. That thing will comepletly own ivysaur. When samus does do a short hop, make sure to avoid the zair with whatever method you chose and follow up by getting bullet seed on her, it's always nice for that move just to change the whole match around. This is neutral

Charizard: Hmmm this is a little confusing. Charizard owns samus in combat pratically, but that is without Zair. With Zair, charizard is a big target that gets zapped constantly. and of course, you will be jab and sent flying with her Charge up gun. charizard of course will deal a lot of damage and potentially kill, but you got to try. That zair i can't stress how annoying that thing is, and how high it can get you. just do your best to avoid the zair and you will be fine most of the time. I'm probably going to go with neutral

Lastly it is Zero Suit Samus

Squirtle: Samus has amazing U attacks. her up tilt does a nice amount of damage, her Up smash does also a nice amount of damage, her Up B does a freaking crazy amount, sends you down and she will be able to follow with another attacks. and her U air i think is a little underated, it is easily comboed. yes zamus is a little AA, But that will not stop squirtle! help is her Simple combo Dsmash + F smash or Side B. Squirtle can eaisly land attacks, which is good, unless she brings you down in the air. and also you can gimp her recovery easily which is the key to winning the fight with squirtle However, just make her fly off the stage, try to Foot stool her, and when she does her up b, do yours, if you hit her with it, she will fall off, and you will be on the ledge and there is nothing she can do about it.

Edit: I Changed Squirtle to be SE

Ivysaur: Ha, two AA players fight, it's probably going to be neutral right? well in this case it is. They both don't want to be above each other ( go away perverts...) they have a solid moveset all around. they both have tether recoveries. you have bullet seed, she has her stun blaster. All is fair right? well you actually have more range than her, but if she hits you with the tip of her Side B, yeah, that is gonna burn (pun intended)

Charizard: Rawr. Charizard can rip Zamus apart. he needs to time everything correctly against her, since she is crazy light. But Zamus is pretty fast in speed so you need to watch out for her. Charizard gets comboed eaisly, when he is in the air, and she can spam her Side B. Luckily, she doesn't have a running grab like samus, so it will stay out long and when that does you have 2 options, Rock smash, or flamethrower. also if you time close enough, you can just get your F smash on her and watch her fly. The key to this fight his to grab on the edge. Seriously Zamus fears charizard a tiny bit on the ground, Zamus has to much of a upper hand in the air. just stay away from the air. this is Neutral

Fierce Deitys

Smash Rookie
Mario
Squirtle: Not very effective. Even though Squirtle can put up a good fight, Mario's aerials are too much for Squirtle. You can take Mario's percentage to the 100's without losing a stock but by then yours might be around the 100-150's. Squirtle's ground moves have a lot of priority and combo abilty ON THE GROUND. This might sound weird for Squirtle, but his nuetral a move combos are perfect for Mario. Also, since Squirtle is really light once his percentage is around 90-100 Mario's smash can take him out.
Ivysaur: Nuetral. Sometimes you win, others you dont. Mario and Ivysaur can really battle it out until the 100's which is where Ivysaur's side and up smashes are put into well use. A well timed and aimed wine whip (Up B) can get Mario at his 90's. However, if Ivysaur is in the 100's, Mario's sidesmash can easily knock Ivysaur out. Ivysaur's U-air and D-air don't really do anything to Mario even if he is at his 100's.
Charizard: Not effective. At all. Charizard is too slow for Mario's quick attacks and combos. Even though Charizard is a heavy weight character and takes a long time to take out, Mario is all over Charizard. A well placed rock smash can take out Mario at the 100's, maybe less. The gliding is really necesary against Mario as he will knock you out over and over again. Worst possible choice for Mario.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
Haha, it's cool

Ok Here is Snake!!

Squirtle: Hmmm... Snake has an amazing U tilt and U air. The reason why i would die to a snake player is because of that reason. Snake, is well a very hard character to play. Squirtle needs to watch out for his dangerous smash attacks, since squirtle is so light he will be blasted very early. However, i used water gun on snake in several moments. Like when snake is charging his D smash. HE slides off the place and sometimes he puts it down, but if he does, he seriously needs to watchout. Also i killed my brother by when he used his Up B and i just squirted him off the stage before he was about to land... Ahh good times. I seriously don't know what to say about this i guess, squirtle really needs to avoid the ground, which is helpful when squirts in the air :) This is Neutral

Ivysaur: Yes!!!! I love Ivysaur. Ivysaur just needs to counter snakes gernade frenzy with her razor leaves! They will go throw and i think if you hit them twice, they blow up, that is what i keep doing to my brother. Since ivysaur has a nice reach, she can also use her razor leaf spam powers when snake is spamming his U smash ( the rocket goes to the sky and it happens really fast, it's kinda like a wall) Snake really isn't known for his dodging skills, which is cool, snake is easy to hit, which everyone will be happy with. Snake has a great recovery, and to counter that, Uair and that is game. also as a fun fact, you can razor leaf the guided missle and it goes off track. Super Effective

Charizard: Hmmm... I have seen this go both ways. charizard can easily rock smash that soldier in the face. However, it is extremely hard for zard to dodge snakes gernade frenzy, followed up a guided Missle, who protects himself by the mines. However, snake is almost pathetic when in combat. the most useful thing he probably has that he can get down is his A combo, and also his Forward Tilt. I'll go with Neutral

Next up Samus!

Squirtle: Yippe? Squirtle can easily dodge Samus Zair because he is so short! pretty much what makes samus deadly is the Short hop missle and Zair, but mainly the zair, other wise samus is just a person with low lag that can be ripped apart by anyone. how ever if you do go in the air, make sure that it is a nice high jump, or you will be zaired in the face, and you will never like that. avoid her B (mostly found by a jab and then shot, but you can only avoid that by dodging the jab) Super Effective

Ivysaur: This is a pain a bit. The zair gets annoying for ivysaur unless you do your razor leaf spam. i don't know if you can crawl under the zair but i've never tried it out. The deadlist move that samus has against Ivysaur is probably her D Tilt. That thing will comepletly own ivysaur. When samus does do a short hop, make sure to avoid the zair with whatever method you chose and follow up by getting bullet seed on her, it's always nice for that move just to change the whole match around. This is neutral

Charizard: Hmmm this is a little confusing. Charizard owns samus in combat pratically, but that is without Zair. With Zair, charizard is a big target that gets zapped constantly. and of course, you will be jab and sent flying with her Charge up gun. charizard of course will deal a lot of damage and potentially kill, but you got to try. That zair i can't stress how annoying that thing is, and how high it can get you. just do your best to avoid the zair and you will be fine most of the time. I'm probably going to go with neutral

Lastly it is Zero Suit Samus

Squirtle: NOOOOOOOO! Samus has amazing U attacks. her up tilt does a nice amount of damage, her Up smash does also a nice amount of damage, her Up B does a freaking crazy amount, sends you down and she will be able to follow with another attacks. and her U air i think is a little underated, it is easily comboed. yes samus is a little AA, and what doesn't help is her Simple combo Dsmash + F smash or Side B. Squirtle can land attacks, but i suggest not doing so many air attacks. Not very effective

Ivysaur: Ha, two AA players fight, it's probably going to be neutral right? well in this case it is. They both don't want to be above each other ( go away perverts...) they have a solid moveset all around. they both have tether recoveries. you have bullet seed, she has her stun blaster. All is fair right? well you actually have more range than her, but if she hits you with the tip of her Side B, yeah, that is gonna burn (pun intended)

Charizard: Rawr. Charizard will rip Zamus apart. he needs to time everything correctly against her, since she is crazy light. Zamus is pretty fast in speed so you need to watch out for her. Luckily, she doesn't have a running grab like samus, so it will stay out long and when that does you have 2 options, Rock smash, or flamethrower. also if you time close enough, you can just get your F smash on her and watch her fly, when you are on the ledge. Seriously Zamus fears charizard. just stay away from the air. this is super effective
i dunno about charizard being super effective against zss.. he may be a power house but he's mad slow lol. she can get 1000 combos on him and is hard to hit her with if they are a good zss.
i think squirtle should be at least even against her. he can do some really nice combos against her. my brother is a zss main (and a very good one) so i've played him a lot with squirtle today. i think he can do well against her and with his quick f airs can knock her recovery way off.

Fearmy

Smash Ace
i dunno about charizard being super effective against zss.. he may be a power house but he's mad slow lol. she can get 1000 combos on him and is hard to hit her with if they are a good zss.
i think squirtle should be at least even against her. he can do some really nice combos against her. my brother is a zss main (and a very good one) so i've played him a lot with squirtle today. i think he can do well against her and with his quick f airs can knock her recovery way off.
I'll take your word for it then

but are you sure bout zard? it's easy to dodge Zamus's combos when timed right. She is really light, and can't do much when she is on the ground against charizard. a lot of charizard's attacks come out fast, hmmm i think someone else should give their opinion as well

maskeXD

Smash Apprentice
Mario
Squirtle: Not very effective. Even though Squirtle can put up a good fight, Mario's aerials are too much for Squirtle. You can take Mario's percentage to the 100's without losing a stock but by then yours might be around the 100-150's. Squirtle's ground moves have a lot of priority and combo abilty ON THE GROUND. This might sound weird for Squirtle, but his nuetral a move combos are perfect for Mario. Also, since Squirtle is really light once his percentage is around 90-100 Mario's smash can take him out.
Ivysaur: Nuetral. Sometimes you win, others you dont. Mario and Ivysaur can really battle it out until the 100's which is where Ivysaur's side and up smashes are put into well use. A well timed and aimed wine whip (Up B) can get Mario at his 90's. However, if Ivysaur is in the 100's, Mario's sidesmash can easily knock Ivysaur out. Ivysaur's U-air and D-air don't really do anything to Mario even if he is at his 100's.
Charizard: Not effective. At all. Charizard is too slow for Mario's quick attacks and combos. Even though Charizard is a heavy weight character and takes a long time to take out, Mario is all over Charizard. A well placed rock smash can take out Mario at the 100's, maybe less. The gliding is really necesary against Mario as he will knock you out over and over again. Worst possible choice for Mario.
Man that's R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S. You only post that cause you don't even KNOW haow to play PT. Most of all Zard. You probably don't DI with him. You don't spike with him. You don't space with him. You don't juggle a character as easy to juggle as Mario. You don't know how to trick others with your glide so you don't get edgeguarded. Nothing personal, I don't even know you, but think before you post things like that.

Zard is Super effective aganist Mario

Fearmy

Smash Ace
Man that's R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S. You only post that cause you don't even KNOW haow to play PT. Most of all Zard. You probably don't DI with him. You don't spike with him. You don't space with him. You don't juggle a character as easy to juggle as Mario. You don't know how to trick others with your glide so you don't get edgeguarded. Nothing personal, I don't even know you, but think before you post things like that.

Zard is Super effective aganist Mario
True. I love spiking that lil plumber

Fearmy

Smash Ace
Thanks for the special thanks steeler :)

Metaknight
-------------

Squirtle: Metaknight is known for racking up damage. He has nice air game ( N air Fair for damage, U air for comboing. his glide is also pretty strong. I'm sorry but squirtle gets owned here. metaknight attacks way to fast for squitle. he's all over him and pretty soon u are a goner. if you do hit metaknight, keep pressuring him, because when he hits you back, it will be a serious pain in the but. Not very effective

Ivysaur: Metaknight can have trouble approaching ivysaur due to her range and razor leaves. If you spam them, metaknight will probably approach with his Tornade (Neutral B) so he doesn't take damage from it. what i suggest you do is go to the edge of the map. Why? because he might either back down, or fall of the edge. Everytime Metaknight uses a special move, he will fall into free fall state that is a fact that you probably need to know since that can tell who wins the match. When metaknight does get close to you either two things will happen, you will get attacked hard, or you will do a nice dodge followed up by bullet seed. Since metaknight is light, you can smash him around 80( if you do a Uair around 60) and kill him. avoid going in the air against him, if that does happen, just do your nair or a bullet seed. However, MK really owns Ivysaur when he gets so close, he will gimp ivysaur's recovery eaisly, stated by shadow 111, just do a grab, and Dair and ivysaur is done. That really hurts ivysaur, but then again, MK is killable at 65%, this evens it out

Charizard: Charizard can have some trouble against metaknight. since metaknight is extremley fast at attacking, he will do an amazing amount of damage against zard. however, lookikng at the lightness of metaknight, if you do happen to get a forward smash, are around 80-90% you are set. the key to winning this fight is using his spacing attacks and spike. Metknight i find very, very easy to spike since he has multiple jumps, that don't go extremley high. charizard needs to avoid the air against metaknight, he will be comboed and toyed around with. I find this Neutral.

Monolightning

Smash Rookie
I would like to make a suggestion for PT vs Marth:

Squirtle=bad (marths long reach against such a close range character.)
Ivysaur=decent (the long reach is very good against marth, but since ivysaur tends to spam atks like bullet seed and AAAAA....Marth's counter is a problem.)
Charizard=good (despite the speed difference charizard is accually very effective choose very marth, his huge hit-box let him put up a fight, and his fair helps against marth aireal game.)

edit: sorry i wasnt as descriptive as the above person.

Fearmy

Smash Ace
Sheik
-------

Squirtle: Sheik if Fairly a close combat character. the only ranged attacks are her Side B and B ( the chain and the darts) The Side B is plain annoying for Squirtle because he will have a hard time approaching her. how you counter it is water gun, and hope they get sprayed far away. Sheik is now a tougher character to play, with a lot of combo potential. she still has an overpowered U Smash ( did 30% to me...) and most of her attacks have more than one hit. Squirtle Doesn't really fear her that much, but she isn't something that you should get cocky over. Just pressure her with your aerial attacks and you will be good. Neutral

Ivysaur: Hmm ivysaur has a lot of trouble with shiek. Sheik can pass her defense by her quick nimble speed. Ivysaur will mainly get the hits by the razor leaf spammy, and that doesn't do that much, i really don't have that much advice, because after i lost to my sheik player, i played a lvl l9 and could barley beat her with ivysaur. Not Very effective

Charizard: Yay for zard. sheik has a tough time(well against my zard) he just needs to space and rock smash followed up by a couple flamethrowers. D throw and spike sheik down. seriously learn to use the spike!!! sheik will try her best to do damage to you but it just doesn't work, she will have tough killing you most of the time, my zard got to fautige at 169% and she still got owned. Super effective.

ok what is left is

~Link
~DK
~Captian Falcon
~Yoshi
~Ice Climbers
~Peach

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
I'll take your word for it then

but are you sure bout zard? it's easy to dodge Zamus's combos when timed right. She is really light, and can't do much when she is on the ground against charizard. a lot of charizard's attacks come out fast, hmmm i think someone else should give their opinion as well
well she can also forward b spam charizard to keep spacing on the ground though.

also about what you said about meta knight vs ivysaur.. ivysaur has just about the worst recovery :/ so all meta knight really has to do is throw him off the edge and dair and then the fight is pretty much over =( lmao. i know cuz i use meta knight. he has one of the best edgeguards and ttherefor can easily gimp the character with one of the worst recoveries.:p

also if ivysaur stays at the edge he can easily get killed though.not trying to put you down or anything man but i just dont agree with that match up at all. meta knight doesnt have a free fall stae if he doesnt rise into the air with his tornado lol and if he uses side b into the floor he doesnt freefall either.

showdownkiller

Smash Cadet
re: olimar

nc-echo said:
# Counter:
Squirtle:
Counter: Squirtle is in my opinion the hardest of the three. His speed makes it hard to out range him since he can get inside so quickly and his speed along with his size makes it near impossible to effectively F-B spam. Your grab is going to be very important in this match since it out ranges really anything that Squirtle can do on the ground. Squirtles D-air can go right through your U-air and U-smash (though sometimes it doesn't. I'll need to look into this.) so be aware of this. Squirtles is pretty light so if you can get a good smash in (D-smash will probably be your best bet) you can get some low percent kills on him. Squirtles U-tilt comes out very quickly and can combo well so be careful if your above him. If you are going to spam one move in particular vs. Squirtle let it be Olimars D-smash, it has good priority and sends the opponent at a close to horizontal angle. This match is pretty tough but if you pay attention you can win it. Keep in mind mind that your grab out ranges his, its important for this match.
Difficulty of match, rated on a 10 point scale: 9

Ivysaur:
Counter: Ivysaur like Card said, is all about range, that being the case you have to go about playing Ivysaur a little differently then you would most other characters since you will be both be trying to out-range each other and depending on positioning one or the other will win out. Ivysaurs F-B can cut through pikmin but I still like to spam it if the situation allows. Ivysaur can be pretty slow so if you can get a combo going it will be hard for him to get out; he also has little he can do while above you since your U-air out ranges his D-air. Be careful when approaching Ivysaur since he has several attacks that severely out-range you F-air and B-air. Your grab will once again serve you well vs. Ivysaur but be careful Ivysaur has really good range (I know I keep harping this but its central to this match). Ivysaur, like Olimar, has a tether recovery so if you get on the edge while he is recovering you can edge hog him; however Ivysaur can knock you off with either aerials or his F-B, he wont always be able to knock you off but its something to remember. Ivysaurs N-B shoots seeds straight up in the air and if you try to come in from above you can easily get hit with it so you wont be able to approach that way, the best thing to do if you get above him is just to air dodge and get back into better positioning.
Difficulty of match, rated on a 10 point scale: 7

Charizard:
Counter: Charizard is in my opinion the easiest of the three to deal with. You can easily combo him at low percents with F-throw -> U-smash -> U-air -> U-air, or any number of other combinations. Charizard is big, which means he is a great target for F-B spam; he can F-air to knock away pikmin but its not fast enough to keep away all of the thrown pikmin away. Charizard has some strong attacks so be careful not to get hit if you can help it since Olimar is light and he will, if hit with the right attack, fly far and be set up for easy edge-gaurding. Big characters in general are going to have problems vs. a well played Olimar and this match up is no exception.
Difficulty of match, rated on a 10 point scale: 3
I'm inclined to agree.

Fearmy

Smash Ace
well she can also forward b spam charizard to keep spacing on the ground though.

also about what you said about meta knight vs ivysaur.. ivysaur has just about the worst recovery :/ so all meta knight really has to do is throw him off the edge and dair and then the fight is pretty much over =( lmao. i know cuz i use meta knight. he has one of the best edgeguards and ttherefor can easily gimp the character with one of the worst recoveries.:p

also if ivysaur stays at the edge he can easily get killed though.not trying to put you down or anything man but i just dont agree with that match up at all. meta knight doesnt have a free fall stae if he doesnt rise into the air with his tornado lol and if he uses side b into the floor he doesnt freefall either.

Hmm i see. I'm changing Ivysaur to Neutral against MK

and changing Zard to Neutral against Zamus

fire_wulf

Smash Journeyman
Love this idea... Here is a tough one that i did today.

vs Marth
First off.. this match is hella tough just on its own.

Squirtle: I want to give this one a neutral because they are both speedy characters and can dish out damage and have trouble killing. Keep bobbing and weaving with squirtle and don't become predictable. No clear advantage here.. all based on skill.

Ivysaur: Personally, ivy is my fav. I can dish damage and kill pretty effectively... but with this matchup.. you are at a disadvantage IMO. Sure you can spam the Razor Leaf.. but if Marth gets within range... good luck. Marth had more speed on the ground and the air. Once your in the air... get back down as fast as possible cuz the juggling gets ridiculous.

Charizard: for some reason, i seem to have the most luck with charizard. He's a tank and can take a ton of damage before getting killed.. and he can dish it out really fast as well. You can gimp Marth fast off the level with Fair... but Charizard is also a huge target and can get abused. Jabs, tilts, and grabs are your friend. Final decision. Neutral- no advantage either way. Some may argue disadvantage.. but i stick with neutral.
Just to re-state what i said on the first page.. seemed to have gotten looked over

Gregorio7X

Smash Rookie
Squirtle is great against Samus because he easily closes the gap between them to prevent Samus from spamming indirects. Ivysaur is poor against Samus because it's hard to defend against all of those indirects and ivy doesn't have much priority over Samus. Charizard is just neutral because although he's a big target, he also can land strong attacks, giving him no clear advantage or disadvantage. My friend's been working on a project simular to this.

Fearmy

Smash Ace
Squirtle is great against Samus because he easily closes the gap between them to prevent Samus from spamming indirects. Ivysaur is poor against Samus because it's hard to defend against all of those indirects and ivy doesn't have much priority over Samus. Charizard is just neutral because although he's a big target, he also can land strong attacks, giving him no clear advantage or disadvantage. My friend's been working on a project simular to this.
I already posted. I agree except for Ivysaur who i said neutral because of the fact of Samus Damages in range, but has a hard time killing you up close. Ivysaur has a hard time to damage in far, nice game up close

Anwyay,

DK
--------

Overiview of DK: Dk is a big monster. his speed is below average, but i find it above average against the other heavy characters. His power is still strong, but he has trouble with the little attackers. NEVER UNDERESTIMATE DK

Squirtle: Squirtle is a little attacker that i was reffering to. this guy is jumping all about DK. DK gets so much damage by this little beast. However, DK has Speedy attacks compared to other heavy characters, so if he does hit you, it will leave a scar. Since squirtle doesnt have a Spike or a metor, I find it very easy to Foot Stool with him. The kills that you probably will do on DK is to Foot Stool Seriously I can't stress how much you should learn to foot stool. Just make sure this guy doesn't hit you, and you will be fine ( it is not that hard to dodge DK's Attacks. Super Effective

Ivysaur: Heh, ivysaur can have trouble against DK. Dk has a lot of strong attacks that can clamp ivysaur to death, however, i find that since DK is one of the heaviest characters, he stays in the BS for a longer time. I do around 60 damage average just by that one move on DK. DK is also a big target to hit with your U air. DK eaisly will be falling victim to Ivysaur by the Razor leaves and spacing attacks. Dk has absolutley no chance then because ivysaur has to great of a range. Just avoid letting him get near you and you bag your self a win (This still works well in Fatigue.) Super Effective

Charizard: Charizard is a lot like DK, by terms of heaviness and a quick attacker for his heavy weight class. They both I find evenly matched because of that, DK might have better smashes, but the fact is that Charizard has a way better recovery balances that out. Now when i mean better in smashes, its just slightly, This is neutral

Fearmy

Smash Ace
Ugh, stupid connection, Whatever Sorry for the DP i guess i'll try to do someone, probably Yoshi Let me get the info down

Yoshi
--------

Overview: Yoshi is the most underestimated character in the game. People think that yoshi sucks and it is a very easy battle. Never think that, ever. Probably the best way to kill any yoshi is the foot stool jump

Squirtle: Ok Squirtle is probably the best vs. Yoshi. Squirtle is a monster against yoshi, kicking him around the whole stage. When the time for gimping happens, you Fair, then quickly run and get a foot stool on Yoshi after he uses his second jump. Yoshi then has no way of get a recovery what so ever. Yoshi gets dominated in the air so it is best to stay on the ground right? well yoshi can block yoru SH by his Up air, but the fact is that you have those grabs and tilts. Use what you have in your arsenal to the max, but probably not smashes. Super Effective

Ivysaur: Ivysaur is neutral: Yoshi and ivysaur i say have the same distance. Yoshi's goes farther, but way harder to control, ivysaur doesn't go as far, but it homes on the enemy a bit. yoshi has faster and better smashes than ivysaur (in my opinion for sure) yet ivysaur has bullet seed and U air. You must time correctly when you send yoshi flying. When he uses his Second jump, quickly jump and U air as fast as you can on him. that really owns him, but it gets covered by a dodge if they player is smart

Charizard: ............................... Yoshi Owns Zard pretty bad. Why? Charizard is Big, so Yoshi can Dair him, hit him with his Up B, Smashes are WAY to fast for zard, Zard has trouble spiking yoshi. I really suggest avoid yoshi, since that your SH Rock Smash approach can eaisly be owend by his UP B. SWTICH OUT! unless you really want to kill yoshi, best of by foot stooling him. Not very effective

-Link
-Ice Climbers
-Peach
-Captian Falcon

That is all that is left.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
I already posted. I agree except for Ivysaur who i said neutral because of the fact of Samus Damages in range, but has a hard time killing you up close. Ivysaur has a hard time to damage in far, nice game up close

Anwyay,

DK
--------

Overiview of DK: Dk is a big monster. his speed is below average, but i find it above average against the other heavy characters. His power is still strong, but he has trouble with the little attackers. NEVER UNDERESTIMATE DK

Squirtle: Squirtle is a little attacker that i was reffering to. this guy is jumping all about DK. DK gets so much damage by this little beast. However, DK has Speedy attacks compared to other heavy characters, so if he does hit you, it will leave a scar. Since squirtle doesnt have a Spike or a metor, I find it very easy to Foot Stool with him. The kills that you probably will do on DK is to Foot Stool Seriously I can't stress how much you should learn to foot stool. Just make sure this guy doesn't hit you, and you will be fine ( it is not that hard to dodge DK's Attacks. Super Effective

Ivysaur: Heh, ivysaur can have trouble against DK. Dk has a lot of strong attacks that can clamp ivysaur to death, however, i find that since DK is one of the heaviest characters, he stays in the BS for a longer time. I do around 50 damage average just by that one move on DK. DK is also a big target to hit with your U air. However, DK can really smash ivysaur off the edge, and either you die, or you probably are too far of the stage and can't vine whip up the place. Neutral

Charizard: Charizard is a lot like DK, by terms of heaviness and a quick attacker for his heavy weight class. They both I find evenly matched because of that, DK might have better smashes, but the fact is that Charizard has a way better recovery balances that out. Now when i mean better in smashes, its just slightly, This is neutral
i agree with you on everything you said here. mad smart lol. but ivysaur IMO should be super effective. i actually think he may be better against him than squirtle. he can spam so much on him with his razor leaves and keep spacing perfectly with his range. also, yea the bullet seed doees do a lot of damage on him. consider him being super effective, try playing a dk again but just spam and spacce properly.

also, has anyone considered using wavebounce to get back to the stage with ivysaur? seems like it'd really be helpful for him and his only chane of recovery. wave bounce with his razor leaves i meant.

Fearmy

Smash Ace
i agree with you on everything you said here. mad smart lol. but ivysaur IMO should be super effective. i actually think he may be better against him than squirtle. he can spam so much on him with his razor leaves and keep spacing perfectly with his range. also, yea the bullet seed doees do a lot of damage on him. consider him being super effective, try playing a dk again but just spam and spacce properly.

also, has anyone considered using wavebounce to get back to the stage with ivysaur? seems like it'd really be helpful for him and his only chane of recovery. wave bounce with his razor leaves i meant.
Good suggestion, I'll look into it right now.

About wave bouncing i remember how there was a topic about it, but it disapeared or something.

Edit: I Agree DK gets owned by Ivysaur. I'll edit that post as well.

And i got a surprise!!

Captain Falcon
-----------------
Overview: Captian Falcon his a lot weaker now. But that still doesn't mean he isn't a threat! With that Forward Air's Sweet Spot, i call it the Knee of Death. Also on Final Destination, He can Up The edges and eventually he will hang onto the ledge.

Squirtle: Man... Falcon has some great aerial game too, not up to par as squirtle, (slightly worse) unless you get hit by the knee of death. that thing will immediatley KILL Squirtle at 30-40% If he gets that on you, just hope it doesn't SS. Also Falcon is pretty much above you on ground game, ugh i just can't find a way to counter with squirt w/o getting Knee of Doomed.

Ivysaur: Now we are getting somewhere. Ivysaur does the best against Falcon. I looked over the falcon board and the were wondering ways to approach, everyway they found leaves them in a dangerous time. Ivysaur will never let them aproach. She has to play defensivley and use her spacing attacks to win. Seriously this is a straight forward fight, Razor Leaf spam, and own Falcon with spacing attacks. Just watch out for a Falcon Punch, that will leave a mark. Supper Effective

Charizard: Meh, Zard also needs to worry about the Knee of death a lot, but His aerial attacks and his ground attacks minimum. Charizard can bash him around until falcon goes in the air to get a few combos on you. It will work, but what goes up must come back down right? Simple, you own on the ground, he has a bit of an advantage in the air.

TheLake

Smash Master
I'll also throw in ivysaur gets owned by ivysaur.

Squirtle I think has the toughest time in that matchup.

Wave bouncing eh? I just thoguth to suse the Dair to stall for recovery today but that might actually be sort of helpful...can it be done though?

Fearmy

Smash Ace
I'll also throw in ivysaur gets owned by ivysaur.

Squirtle I think has the toughest time in that matchup.

Wave bouncing eh? I just thoguth to suse the Dair to stall for recovery today but that might actually be sort of helpful...can it be done though?
how does ivysaur get owned by ivysaur, they do the exact samethings just frusturating for both sides :ohwell:

and i am pretty sure you cant do it, but i rather not try because i well, like hyphen smashing, and probably will stick to C-stick when i learn to do the Dash Attack Cancel

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Ok, i went the weekend to a smash bvenue and met lots of very skilled players........ but i got information regarding 2 characters... from all the bunch i fought.. this were the ones i fought the most.

Mario: OK firstof all, this match up is very difficult for Pokemon trainer. I fought against a campy mario who was very good at meele combat. Mario has IMO better melle combat than any of your pokes, his proyectile game is more or less on par with ivy, but squirt and char succumb against this. And even ivy has it tough because of the cape. but well lets go:

Squirtle:: NeutralWell, squirtle can combo him a little.... but geez... ,Mario is so difficult to fight. He almost always puts u on the offensive. From the 3 pokemons, squirt is the one who can face him better on one on one, because u have quick aerials.... but still is not easy. His smashes are good,,, and gosh, mario can combo. My advice would be to play on the line of his fireballs and try to lure him with Water gun.Lately i have noticed how underrated watrer gun is. yeah is not the next best thing but in this kind of fights, this can be handy. In previous posts i said how good is this attack to gimp who are coing to the stage, but in this fight agaionst mario , you can use this to change his position. If Mario wants to play it safe, he will try to lure you with fireballs, but if u time it well, you can unleas the waterball and move him out of his campy position. Sometimes ull force him to edgehog, and even when this doesnt change much the battle, it forces him to reacomodate and from this point you can try to get close to him.

Ivysaur: Neutral
Ok, even when i say is neutral, i still say that mario has the upper hand here, but not by much. The key is to not let him get close to you too oftenly. He can combo , and will punish you everytime he gets on range. Ull have to play intelligenttly with ur leaves because he can turn them back to you, and his spam game is also good. As always, try to get to him with back airs... this attack can accurately destroy his fireballs and also hit him. remember that mario doesnt have good range, so using this attack for spacing is crucial. Ur Ftilt could be of good use in case he gets to be in front of you but at a moderate distance. In case of being comboed, try to lure him to miss an attack or hit ur shield, and bullet seed right away. he is small so it will not be easy to get him on it... but when u do.. im very sure he will think twice in going gung ho against you.. From the 3 pokes, Ivisaur is the one who can dish out damage faster and IMO is the best when trying to go out and klill people. U will have to use whatever u have at your disposal to kill. Dont be shy and go out. Ivysaur can suprisingly do a lot of attacks outside the stage and come back, most people dont expect this.

Charizard: Neutral
Oh, poor charizard...... from the 3, with him was the one i had the most difficult time. Dont get me wrong, he can hit mario, and hit him hard, his flamthower is godly as always but , well what can i say, Mario and his fireballs are a pain... but the worst is a combo he has on charizard. IM not sure if this cmbo is unavoidable, but i was caught twice on it and it was not funny. Mario can combo charizard with short hopped Up airs across final destination. I tried to dodge the attacks but they were so quick that zard was not able to go out of his flinch animation, and since he is the big pinhata pokemon,,, is even harder to dodge. U can dish very good damage on him, but just dont get caught on this... ull pay dearly. Try to catch mario with ur flame thrower, play very defensive when he comes near to you and do your best to avoid fireballs. :S
I also saw comments regarding mario in the thread, but im veru sure is not as easya s some put it here, unless they have fought careless marios. Charizard can fight mario on melee battle, but mario can put as much damage in the same way. The combo i mentioned earlier is not easy to DI out, and his fireball game can be annoying. Definitely not a walk in the park.

DoubleAced

Smash Apprentice
Is it coincidence that each of PKMN TR's Pokemon are weak and strong against the same types as they were in the game?

Ex: Charizard (Fire) is weak against Squirtle (Water), but is strong against Ivysaur (Grass).

Fearmy

Smash Ace
Is it coincidence that each of PKMN TR's Pokemon are weak and strong against the same types as they were in the game?

Ex: Charizard (Fire) is weak against Squirtle (Water), but is strong against Ivysaur (Grass).
Yes/No

Well they have the same weaknesses and resistances from the game applied to here

Top Bottom