• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Please close

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gold_Darkness

Smash Apprentice
New rapscouter info!!! Just put it up right now!!:

Alright, im back and first off I want just want to apologize about the delay, I honestly thought and heard that there wasn't supposed to be another one, that was not supposed to be one of my lies, so as an apology I will tell you one of my lies, Captain Falcon is back, but not with a new moveset. Ok so here I go again 3 lies like always, and I will not post info I already posted before, I remember some of you were mad, because I did that before.

Thomp, Birdo, and Magikoopa are ATs.

Items from Mario Party will be in here.

Third Party Characters will be in Subspace Emissary.

There will be a co-op Arcade mode.

Not all levels will have reps.

In Subspace Emissary Snake teams up with the more cartoonish characters.

All Star mode will return.

Sonic and Link team up in Subspace Emissary.

Lon Lon milk will be an item.

There will be a level from Donkey Kong Country 3, and a old school Wario game.

Bowser Jr. is an Assist Trophey.

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40867845
Can someone update the leak list with thia?

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
I've been looking around, and someone said One_Step mentioned that Ridley was playable before his info apperently got taken down by Nintendo. Can anyone confirm that? >_>

I believe all he said was "There's more stuff I'd really love to share with you, but..." and then edited his first post.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
I think he should at least add the debunked guys at the bottom crossed out so no one gets mixed up with anyone like that. It's a good tip for new guys ;).

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
We don't BELIEVE these leakers, we just take their information, read it, and say, "hey, that'd be pretty cool, i hope this roster is real." and then just discuss it. It's pretty much the same as the "what's your dream roster?" thread with a different face.

This, and that we're all bored too and just want the game.

BKBroiler

Smash Cadet
I don't know why some prophets try to convice everyone that they are telling the truth. If I had info, I would just say what I know and be done with it. If no one believed me, then so be it, they would belive me after the game came out.

Also, I don't know why some people think that a roster can be deconfirmed if there is a character that no one likes or cares about. I'm sure before melee came out no one cared about at least three characters in melee's roster.

EDIT: Maybe if I ask some of the leakers nicely, they will admit to being fakes :chuckle:

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
Well, looks like someone is taking advantage of those copyright scans:

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40872052

And Gimpy edited that, not Nya.
Yeah I'm gonna go ahead and pull this one in, just in case.

MysteryAccount1 said:
I'm not going to get into specifics, but I'm a veteran GameFAQs user. I just created this alternate GameSpot account to post the information I recieved from a friend-of-a-friend (well, not really, but I'm not going to get into specifics about that, either), just so my reputation won't be tarnished. All you need to know is that I possibly have a real leak.

PERSONALLY, I find the list hard to believe, but I'm confident enough in my source to post it. I'm not thrilled at the lack of Megaman or Bomberman (two characters I desperately wanted), but I think it's really solid overall. I wasn't expecting any more than 35 characters, so I think the length of this roster is what shocked me the most. Ironically, I was part of the Anti-Geno Alliance, but oh well. I'd also like to point out that there are several stickers, trophies, and Assist Trophies from the represented third parties.

Mario
Luigi
Bowser
Bowser Jr.
Peach
Yoshi
Wario
Donkey Kong
Diddy Kong
King K. Rool
Pokémon Trainer
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Lucario
Link
Zelda
Sheik
Ganondorf
Young Link
Samus
Zero Suit Samus
Ridley
Fox
Falco
Krystal
Kirby
Meta Knight
King Dedede
Captain Falcon
Black Shadow
Ike
Marth
Lucas
Ness
Isaac
Pikmin & Olimar
Pit
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch
Geno (SQUARE ENIX)
Nightmare (NAMCO LTD.)
Banjo & Kazooie (Rare)
Snake (Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd.)
Sonic (SEGA)
Wow, that's smooth. I guess.

Player15 said:
inb4shootshisfoot

And who knows BK..... especially when you ask nicely. :) I wish we could kill them all by doing that. lol.

edit:
I noticed something else in there.

youn3072 said:
That was posted in that same thread.
Of course, anyone can print out a piece of paper, but....

And then there's people saying that there was a leak today that was similar saying that that list was made because of the Banjo, Square Enix and Soul Caliber leak today.

Huh?

Card

Smash Lord
LMAO!

Ness isn't playable according to Famitsu Magazine (Who actually have the full copy of the game)

Debunked almost everyone

Want to know whats going to be extremely funny?

Every single prophet which appears from now on will say Ness is not playable.

God **** I hate those prophets with all my might... Read my blog to see exactly what I mean too lol
Seriously you guys... we should stop giving into these Prophets. I think its time to take a stand and stop giving them the attention they crave while we can.

wagnerelli

Smash Apprentice
Ness might have just been disconfirmed. This would take down every prophet but One Step. Even Rapscouter who said Ness definitely wasn't one of his lie.

Holy ****, this could be huge.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
"Do you remember? Ness left behind? For Super Smash Brother's Brawl we gave Lucas a new moveset based off Ness from Mother 2. Ness isn't appearing in Brawl this time but players will still see him in the background off the Onett level on occasions."

If this is truly true, then that's a heck of a lot of debunked leakers...though it should have been obvious this whole time.

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
That's not all, girls and germs.

Boo_Mario said:
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/3058/brawl48dj8.jpg

The Japanese newspaper, Oita Godo-Shinbun, printed a review of Brawl in yesterday's issue and accidentally(?) spilled the beans on the roster size. It's 48 (see the first paragraph).
Anyone want to take a crrrrack at it since Ness is now 99% sssMMMMAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSH-ed out of Brawl? = /

GinRei

Smash Apprentice
Can someone show me, on that supposed Ness debunk, where Lucas' name is? His katakana looks like this: リュカ

As far as I can tell, it's nowhere in the image, so that "translation" is wrong.

kaydon_esker

Smash Apprentice
Yep, if this Ness thing is true then it debunks a LOT of prophets, except I think ChaosZero because of his original wording that "Ness is returning" rather than saying outright that Ness is a character. Technically that still holds true since Ness IS returning, but not as a character. I always wondered why this thread automatically put them as character predictions, especially things like "Wolf is appearing in the game."

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
To be honest I would personally think that only a fake would be so ambiguous with their wording in order to give themselves allowances.

kaydon_esker

Smash Apprentice
To be honest I would personally think that only a fake would be so ambiguous with their wording in order to give themselves allowances.
True, but ambiguity doesn't tell us whether or not someone was lying, it can only make the person suspicious at best.

RoboPlato

Smash Rookie
Brawl Central changed the article. Nothing is mentioned about Ness being taken out. Just someone ******* around.

kanpyo7

Smash Rookie
OKAY, but is the "48 characters" still what they're saying? If so, then Nya and probably One_Step are both debunked.
one_step has already been debunked. Kawashima was deconfimed ages ago. (though you'd have to be an idiot to think he'd stand a chance at getting in...)

Scribble

Smash Rookie
Rapscouter's reasoning for showing three lies:

O.k. im back, like always 11 bits of info and three lies and remember I put in three lies because I want you to use your head to see what seems plausible and what's complete bull, because if you don't use your head
you start thinking Necrid is in Brawl.

Come on guys, you MUST cross him out based on that. Wow. Lol.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
This is the other things he said:

Tingle here is in a faux-WW model.

And I haven't seen any proof of an AT anyway.

There is a mode designed exclusively for the Villager. He can wear outfits based on the other characters (hats, pants, and shorts) and can change genders. One pic has him dressed in Mario's cap, a yellow shirt (Pikachu), and what appears to be a Toga-like dress (Pit).
- The Mii can be changed on the character select to one of your favorite Mii's on your Wii. It's shirt changes color depending on whose team you're on.

- King K. Rool's moveset seems to involve his infamous Crown Throw, his Blunderbuss (from Kaptain K. Rool DKC2), his Helipack (K. Roolstein DKC3), and boxing gear (Krusha K. Rool DK64). He seems to quickly change outfits when using attacks.
- Wart has moves based off Subcon (the Mario 2 World) baddies (he can shoot bubbles like in the game, but throws bombs like Mouser it seems). Also, Phanto, that mask who chased you, is part of his FS.
- Wart is seen in a pic of the Mario 2 level from Melee (the one with Birdo), and King K. Rool is seen on a pirate ship (with a Donkey Kong shaped island in the back, so Gangplank Galleon it seems)

Krystal's moveset seems to involve her Staff, and has attacks based off the various moves Fox learned in Adventures. FS involves her calling on the Krazoa spirits. She's in her Adventure gear fanboys. >.>

Falco has various Assault weaponry, but they're toned down some to fit the "no guns". For example, the Sniper Rifle now shoots a beam. FS involves him getting in an Arwing and flies around the stage.

A Starfox-esque minigame is in the SSE, involving you chasing after Rayquaza (probably to save Diddy again)

Well, not everyone can make it guys.

I wanted Bomberman, K. Rool, and Lucario so I was 2 for 3 atleast.

Lucario seems to have a very physical moveset, and it's expected. He has a chargeable Aura Sphere, Feint (which seems to involve a mirage flying out first then Lucario thrusts foward), Detect (his recovery move. It's weak, but if used when an attack is coming it seems to be powerful), and Swords Dance (it actually temporarily makes him stronger but easier to smash). His FS is Close Combat, which looks neat. He runs around faster and if he gets near a player, he unleashes a barrage of hits.

- Mii's FS is cool, and it's Mii Parade. A boatload of Miis from the Wii flood the arena and push people off while your Mii is held in the air safely by a hand (like when you pick one up in the Mii Channel). His attack list involves many sports equipment, and his specials do as well. One is boxing gloves, another is a bowling ball, a tennis ball and racket, and his recovery move is, hillariously enough, the Wii Nunchuk.

- Animal Crossing Villager seems to have a simmilar setup, and both seem to be more "novelty" characters. Villager can use his fishing pole like a hookshot, his bug net as a parachute, and his slingshot. His shovel, the Down B, digs a hole in the ground and reveals throwable items (usually apples, but sometimes it seems Pitfalls) and throw them at anopponent like Peach. His FS involves him throwing alot of furniture around (like Pianos, Gyroids, a NES) that crowds the field and can send people flying.

- Starry Sky is an AC level, based off of the...well, starry sky of Wild World. It plays like the pictochat level with various constellations forming ground. Gulliver sometimes crashes by.

Gotta go to work for 4 hours now, be back later.
Then someone in that topic remembers:

ThaGames0va
Posted 1/19/2008 4:41:00 PM
message detail

You know, i didnt care about noname characters like Stan, but titania confirms this being fake. She´s not even a main characters, and that was in gcn fire emblem.

I remember something about Sakurai saying that non-lords could possibly be in as playable characters.
Feel free to debunk it.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Rapscouter's reasoning for showing three lies:

O.k. im back, like always 11 bits of info and three lies and remember I put in three lies because I want you to use your head to see what seems plausible and what's complete bull, because if you don't use your head
you start thinking Necrid is in Brawl.

Come on guys, you MUST cross him out based on that. Wow. Lol.
He got that Eevee thing right so yea, I can believe him for right now.:ohwell:

Revven

FrankerZ
Funny thing is, that Kobooshi (sp?) guy's roster aligns well with the 48 characters Japanese article, being that his roster adds up to somewhere around that number...

I'll remain skeptical though.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
I think Koorobooshi posted that before the new famitsu scans or the Ness article showed up. I have an account at G-Faqs but I can't align my timezone perfectly with G-Faqs. Its about hour ahead of me.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I don't think that 2ch has the "leaked" guide. . .if they did than we would be seeing it by now.

skiks

Smash Cadet
Well if it's a guide we're talking about we definitely need some picture proof.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom