• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Play N Trade Tournament At Tustin, California In The District Shopping Center

jays0nnn

Smash Apprentice
hey! Play N Trade is hosting a Smash Bros. Melee Tournament on OCt. 26 at The District Shopping Center....It Not a joke...if you check on the tournament sheet they have, it didn't anything about a tournament on that date...Why? because IVC Video Gamer Club is Hosting for all you guys...=) So the prize is...$100 for first place, $50 for Second Place, and 25 for 3rd place! It start at 1pm. The Entry Fee is $10. It the Play N Trade at the New shopping center call The District with Best Buy, Boarder Bookstore, AMC and Whole food market, Micheals, Costco, and Target! See ya there SMASHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If you are going to sign up at the last minute..Sign up at least a hour before the tournament start so that way...IVC and Play N trade won't have problems with the Backet. =)

jays0nnn

Smash Apprentice
Here are the Rules:

1) One on One

2) GOOD SPORTMENSHIP!!!!!

3) 4 Stocks Only

3) Banned Stages: Icicle Mountain, Termina Bay, Flat Zone, Hyrule Temple, Venom, Brinstar Depths, Fourside, and Yoshi's Island.

4) Spectators may not give instructions to players while they battle. Spectators that are currently enter in the tournament, shout instructions to players will forfeit their match. If not, please be quiet or we will tell you to leave which we hate to do but for the sake of the players. Cheering and clapping is ok!

5) If we call your name and not presented in 5 minute..then we forfeit your match on the spot! ( FEAR NOT! as this rule can be bend under certain conditions) So the tournament can be a one day to a two days events

6) No Items

7) If a Draw happen..then sudden death on Final Destination with one stock

8) Best Two Out Of Three rounds

9) On stages and character picking..is on first round..flip a coin and see get head, if someone gets head then he pick his characters first, whoever gets tails get to pick the stage. Who ever lost will pick his character second after the winner picking his character. The losing player gets to pick the stage.(so this way, the losing player can get a chance to counter the winning player character.) if it gets to third round then flip the coin to pick for stage and the player that just lost pick his character second after the player that just won pick first.

MoogleDude

Smash Cadet
single elim or double elim?
also that rule 9 is really confusing...
should be like random first stage, and players choose their chars (they can do double blind if they want, or just pick em at the same time.)
2nd round loser picks stage, winner picks char, loser picks char (or something were the loser gets to pick char 2nd and gets to pick the stage)
3rd round (if there is one) should be like the same as 2nd round.

jays0nnn

Smash Apprentice
Oh if you are going to sign up at the last minute..Sign up at least a hour before the tournament start so that way...IVC and Play N trade won't have problems with the Backet. you can also come by and play some friendly matches before and after the tournament!

aznforce817

Smash Lord
I enjoy doubles greatly :) but anyhow. Did u answer moogledude's question? is it Double elimination? plz tell me it is. or then it would be a BIG waste of time to go there and to lose only once.,

MysticGod101

Smash Apprentice
nah this is on friday :d and the other plane n trade was gay -_- they didn't even follow the rules jason gave thtem, and they made it three stocks... the one in tustin will follow the rules im sure :D

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
Ahhh w/e! Anyways I am goign to be there...and hopefully its double elimination. The main reason I am going is to get that third place T-shirt! And if I did better than third, I will use the store credit on thier games for less bags MUHAHAHAHA

Ma Moi

Smash Cadet
Cool! I heard about this tourney at the PnT tourney last weekend from some people from IVC. I'll be going to this one as well. =) You guys seem really chill so I'd be happy to support your club.

Oh yeah, I need to hunt down a guy named Matt and play his Link... we never finished our match, haha!

jays0nnn

Smash Apprentice
Cool! I heard about this tourney at the PnT tourney last weekend from some people from IVC. I'll be going to this one as well. =) You guys seem really chill so I'd be happy to support your club.

Oh yeah, I need to hunt down a guy named Matt and play his Link... we never finished our match, haha!
LOL Matt..big, tall, fat dude. that guy crazy in Guilty Gear (guilty gear tournament anyone?). well if u want to finish your match with him, he might be there at the Districts shopping center this friday, i'll let him know that u wanted to play him, he lives like 5 minutes away from me LOL BTW what your name? so that way he'll remember who u are

Ma Moi

Smash Cadet
LOL Matt..big, tall, fat dude. that guy crazy in Guilty Gear (guilty gear tournament anyone?). well if u want to finish your match with him, he might be there at the Districts shopping center this friday, i'll let him know that u wanted to play him, he lives like 5 minutes away from me LOL BTW what your name? so that way he'll remember who u are
The name's Dianne. I was the only girl at the tourney... shocker... haha. He'll remember me. He better... the guy owes me $2. haha. I better see him there! =P

Codytravers89

Smash Rookie
Bwahahahaha. A NEW CHALLENGER APPROACHES! Hahaha, I kid. Hey all!! This'll be my first some what official tourney in ages! Nice to make y'alls aquaintance and I'll see ya there! Wheeeee!!!! Crush!!! Kill!!! Destroy!!!!

Codytravers89

Smash Rookie
I like the way this tournye may be, you basically read my mind, hahaha. I HATE back seat players!!! It's one of the reasons I almsot lost my School Tournament. Allright, I shall be ready...bring it!

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
I just want to beat you really bad at the tournament codytravers89!

Im kidding! I think it will be fun and I am somewhat relieved Psychomidget wont be there because he can beat me with EVERY character he plays with >.< Lost to him twice in a tourney I think.

OOC people wont be there...sob* I will be representing alone! I guess I'll just take you all on one on one!

My name is Cameron Noori if u wanna know who I am at the tourney...And I am the first one registered...registered today lolz

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
I just want to beat you really bad at the tournament codytravers89!

Im kidding! I think it will be fun and I am somewhat relieved Psychomidget wont be there because he can beat me with EVERY character he plays with >.< Lost to him twice in a tourney I think.

OOC people wont be there...sob* I will be representing alone! I guess I'll just take you all on one on one!

My name is Cameron Noori if u wanna know who I am at the tourney...And I am the first one registered...registered today lolz
You just got pwned son, I'm coming :laugh:

But it's a good thing, you'll have backup for the OCC vs IVC thing

jays0nnn

Smash Apprentice
IVC doesn't care if we win...we just want a good fight that remind us why we play smash or other video games. the stronger the fighter, the more alive we feel, and it remind us why we practice so much=) to KOF XI is like my main game and i'm gettin sick of playin with the same people and i want to go out and fight other players that are like me =)

LuigiTheButcher

Smash Journeyman
Our high transfer rates give us unbeatable skills...why? Because we know we are a shoe in for transfer hence giving us more time to play. LoL

Lets go doubles for our friendlies IVC people, because we seem to only have 2 people. =(

Top Bottom