• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Play N' Trade Oviedo 10/9/2009!

PyroJet

Smash Apprentice
This friday there is going to be a Brawl tournament at Play N Trade in Oviedo. Here is the location and information regarding the tournament:

Located:
Adjacent to Khol's
5420 Deep Lake Rd. #1000 in Oviedo
(407)-657-8880

Info:
5$ Singles only
Metaknight is banned
5 minute timer (Will probably convince them to raise it)
Everything else is standard tourney rules.

Starts at 5pm! (Sorry I forgot to post that earlier.)

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
really zoro if you hate the game there's no need for that just don't post dude, i'm probably gonna attend this seeing as how its right next to gdx's house lol
lol yea, its literally behind my house

but my new work shift starts tomorrow, which is 11:30am-8pm so i wont be making it.

if you stay after you win the tourney you can chill at the house blackie wack

-Spike-

Smash Ace
Ill probably be attending. Depends on how many good people show up.... like hrnut -_-

lol j/k Well actually for $5 if enough people come ill prolly show up anyways.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Where the hell is a Khol's in Oviedo?
its on aloma right off of the 417.

both blackie wack and spike, if you two wanna come by the house friday after the tourney to chill you can if you want. or you can come ride with me to wal mart cause i gotta go get some stuff :laugh:

-Spike-

Smash Ace

both blackie wack and spike, if you two wanna come by the house friday after the tourney to chill you can if you want. or you can come ride with me to wal mart cause i gotta go get some stuff :laugh:
thats wasup. Ill see if i can chill afterwards

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master

yeah i remember when i had to get some stuff lol....and it was great lol jk

-Spike-

Smash Ace
I think he posted it was at 5pm but i could be wrong.

If he doesnt post ill give them a call and post wat time it starts for yall

hopefully i dont get matched up with hrnut first round like at that one rigged tourney

* points to dercz*

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
whats the payout? cuz if its bad i'm not coming, try to make it 60 30 10 or something bump the price up and add a door fee something to make this worth coming to, and please try not to make it store credit i know i sounds picky as hell but tournament that rake in money and not give adequate prizes (money, good amount of store credit) usually blow

Toneh

Smash Lord
i dont think pyro works for them, hes just letin us know.
And they said on the phone the tourny was part of a charity, so i duno if it'll have a decent payout

-Spike-

Smash Ace
whats the payout? cuz if its bad i'm not coming, try to make it 60 30 10 or something bump the price up and add a door fee something to make this worth coming to, and please try not to make it store credit i know i sounds picky as hell but tournament that rake in money and not give adequate prizes (money, good amount of store credit) usually blow
PR talk :laugh:

btw i called them and they said it starts at 6pm and because this is for a charity even he said they will be doing store credit only. They also said depending on the amount of people that enter will determine the prize payouts.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
well they're lying i don't believe that its for charity, i could be wrong but i am probably not gonna come and waste my money and if its for charity why would they need to adjust the payout, so basically if they don't get enough "charity money" we don't get enough payout, sounds like a sham to me, i could be wrong...idk i wish it were cash payout though, i may come and just chill at gdx's but i really don't feel like wasting my money

depends on the amount of store credit they may payout though

i want to see which charity this goes to, hopefully not gamers united or something lol

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
well they're lying i don't believe that its for charity, i could be wrong but i am probably not gonna come and waste my money and if its for charity why would they need to adjust the payout, so basically if they don't get enough "charity money" we don't get enough payout, sounds like a sham to me, i could be wrong...idk i wish it were cash payout though, i may come and just chill at gdx's but i really don't feel like wasting my money

depends on the amount of store credit they may payout though

i want to see which charity this goes to, hopefully not gamers united or something lol
Hrnut on Gdx's account

okay first of all i want to apologize for sounding like a ****, my job has been really pissing me off lately lol, i'll be here and i hope it is for charity (a real charity) cuz thats a nice thing that they're doing if it is...i'm not as upset today as i was yesterday so if i offended any of the PnT people with my posts i apologize lol

okay on to the next thing so who's coming to this?

-Spike-

Smash Ace
Hrnut on Gdx's account

okay first of all i want to apologize for sounding like a ****, my job has been really pissing me off lately lol, i'll be here and i hope it is for charity (a real charity) cuz thats a nice thing that they're doing if it is...i'm not as upset today as i was yesterday so if i offended any of the PnT people with my posts i apologize lol

okay on to the next thing so who's coming to this?
LMAO :laugh: U sounded really upset in ur posts. Good thing u cleared things up.
I should be goin today, unless my i get out of work later than planned.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
im so bored at gdx's place i can't play brawl lol even if you can't make it to the tourney spike you should come by and play regardless lol

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
this event IS for charity

it's for a kids charity.

i found out about it on facebook

hrnut you definitely shouldn't come if your looking to make actual money

they said there's no cash prizes

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
lol oh no i'm coming, i'm glad its for charity...;)

hrnut on gdx's account

Pawl

Smash Rookie
I just got back, was pretty fun I think I came in like 4th or 5th or something.
My name was Paul in the toruny, need to think of a good nickname >_<

Solid Neku

Smash Rookie
I just got back, was pretty fun I think I came in like 4th or 5th or something.
My name was Paul in the toruny, need to think of a good nickname >_<
What's up, Paul? We fought in the second round (I was the R.O.B. player). Your Marth is pretty sweet, man. Props to you!

Also, big props to Tony and Spike for an awesome finals, Rx for the fun R.O.B. ditto, and Viper(?) for a great match.

Pikaman224

Smash Rookie
What's up, Paul? We fought in the second round (I was the R.O.B. player). Your Marth is pretty sweet, man. Props to you!

Also, big props to Tony and Spike for an awesome finals, Rx for the fun R.O.B. ditto, and Viper(?) for a great match.
so did spike end up winning? i left towards the end

Pikaman224

Smash Rookie
haha nice, so did they both end up being snake in the last match? i cant remember who tony was

-Spike-

Smash Ace
GG's to everyone that i played. I had a really good time here and im glad that we were all able to contribute to the charity.

It was good seeing some of those familar faces again. It has been a lil while since i have gone to a tourney but i def had fun here. Shoutout to Neku u have def improved since the last time we played. Tony gg's next time my snake will be ready and wont c4 himself lol

Toneh

Smash Lord
yea. 2 close spike. gg's everyone i played in the tourny. Next time everyone should use their nicknames so its easier to remember.

i had fun, but the tourny itself was average bc of the rules.
only fd, no other stages, one match for a set.

And going off of the store credit prizes i think they kept about 30% of the pot. ($ went to charity, but didnt seem like they matched it 100% with credit, so something to watch out for when they do cash prizes next time)

btw guys, if you live close to that play n trade, alot of us play by the ucf area. Its not very far, within 5-10 miles.

Were having a $5 singles and doubles apartment tourny this sunday at 3 pm if you want in, with amazing payouts by the way, all of the $ goes into the pot, and i think singles pays out all the way to 5th place.

Doubles pays out to top 4.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=153046

theres the ucf thread, private message razek on there if you want directions to his place. (last few pages of the thread)

Its basically at pegasus landing near ucf

Top Bottom