• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Platinum Competitive Discussion. *SPOILERS*

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
^Also easily.

Empoleon didn't get crap. T_T I liked that penguin...

-Ter
Same here V_V

Man platinum=win for both casual an competitive.

Brawl needs to learn from it :p

I'm thinking I might try playing competitive (though I might hack to get my evs :p).

-:bowser:Bowser King

boo836

Smash Cadet
In a castle, surrounded by a large solid bubble.
jirachi and clefable have both gotten trick, making scarf trick or toxic orb trick popular now.

Azelf got more physical attacks, and now has a good LO set. Honestly, it actually gets physical stab now.

And with the addition of rotom's forms, they will most likley see more use.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Darkrai got nasty plot, it's going to own Ubers with that.
Darkrai@Life Orb
Timid/Bad Dreams
252SpAtk/252Spe/4Hp
-Dark Void
-Nasty Plot
-Dark Pulse
-Focus Blast/Thunder

This set just oozes destruction. After a Nasty Plot Dark Pulse will rip just about everything in Ubers apart. Both Lati twins, Giratina, Lugia, Palkia, Groudon and even Deoxys-D are all OHKO'd by Life Orb NP Dark Pulse. Dark Void is allows Darkrai a free turn to set up a Nasty Plot and in terms of ubers only Timid Mewtwo, Deoxys-A and Choice Scarfers outspeed it. The last move depends on what you fear more. After a Nasty Plot Focus Blast will 2HKO Max Hp/SpDef Blissey and OHKO Max Hp/SpDef Dialga however it leaves you vulnerable to Ho-oh and Kyogre as neither are OHKO'd by Dark Pulse. Thunder allows you to deal with Kyogre and Ho-oh but leaves you defenseless against Blissey and Dialga.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Blissey did get Endeavor and Snore.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Natural Cure / Calm
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Sp Def
~Thunder Wave / Toxic / Ice Punch
~Seismic Toss
~Snore
~Rest

Weird huh?

-Ter

sonofthesky

Smash Journeyman
Blissey did get Endeavor and Snore.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Natural Cure / Calm
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 Sp Def
~Thunder Wave / Toxic / Ice Punch
~Seismic Toss
~Snore
~Rest

Weird huh?

-Ter
Snores physacl, right?

**** spelling, btw.

drcossack

Smash Ace
Darkrai got nasty plot, it's going to own Ubers with that.
^Easily.

-Ter
Timid Aura Sphere Mewtwo says hi. I don't play Ubers often, but I smile whenever I see a Darkrai lead. They're pretty fragile. :)

Darkrai@Life Orb
Timid/Bad Dreams
252SpAtk/252Spe/4Hp
-Dark Void
-Nasty Plot
-Dark Pulse
-Focus Blast/Thunder

This set just oozes destruction. After a Nasty Plot Dark Pulse will rip just about everything in Ubers apart. Both Lati twins, Giratina, Lugia, Palkia, Groudon and even Deoxys-D are all OHKO'd by Life Orb NP Dark Pulse. Dark Void is allows Darkrai a free turn to set up a Nasty Plot and in terms of ubers only Timid Mewtwo, Deoxys-A and Choice Scarfers outspeed it. The last move depends on what you fear more. After a Nasty Plot Focus Blast will 2HKO Max Hp/SpDef Blissey and OHKO Max Hp/SpDef Dialga however it leaves you vulnerable to Ho-oh and Kyogre as neither are OHKO'd by Dark Pulse. Thunder allows you to deal with Kyogre and Ho-oh but leaves you defenseless against Blissey and Dialga.
Whoa, looks nasty.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
Timid outspeeds, Aura Sphere OHKO's. I switched to Choice Specs Mewtwo last week, but I might go back to Expert Belt.

Serebii
Aura Sphere only works if you can switch in. If I bring out a Darkrai on your say.....Groudon? What are you going to do? You can't stay in, you have to switch. Do you switch to a sleep talker and risk a free nasty plot or do you switch to Mewtwo and risk a Dark Void? Once that Darkrai has a Nasty Plot up your not getting a Mewtwo in without sacrificing something else. Not to mention that Aura Sphere is basically broadcasted. Free switch in for my new Giratina Origin forme(I really like the new Giratina :D)

M.K

Level 55
Lol at "At least" OU. They're not exactly headed to Ubers >_>

Even if the Poli's got some amazing new moves it doesn't change the fact that their stats are horrifically average(maybe even below average)
Yeah, I didn't mean to put "at least" in that context.
They got....Dive, Icy Wind, and Snore -.-.
C'mon, Poliwag didn't even get Aqua Tail! That pisses me off.
Poliwrath got Ice Punch, but I have no idea what that does for him...

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
Dude, it still got more than my Typhlosion got :( Seriously Nintendo, Mudslap and Overheat? Not ANY other special moves? **** you. Ooooooh well, at least im amazing at making my Typhlosion the most feared thing ever with my ubersexy Sunny Day team.

M.K

Level 55
Dude, it still got more than my Typhlosion got :( Seriously Nintendo, Mudslap and Overheat? Not ANY other special moves? **** you. Ooooooh well, at least im amazing at making my Typhlosion the most feared thing ever with my ubersexy Sunny Day team.
Yeah, some Pokemon SERIOUSLY got the shaft.

Flareon and Flare Blitz comes to mind.

Can you see my avatar?

M.K

Level 55
I cannot.

Also lol at the only stab Entei got. Eruption. Off that massive Base 90 SpAtk? Too much ****.
Bahaha, totally. That's pretty intense stuff right thar!

I heard that Articuno might be moving to Never Used! That is intense stuff right thar as well!

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
Eh, I don't think Articuno will be dropped to NU. Its definitely not particularly useable in standard, what with its low attacking stats and its slightly below average speed. However in NU you see things with attacking stats of like, base 70 and defenses of base 90 being considered good. Considering that, Articuno's Base 95 SpAtk and 100/120 Defenses look godly. It also helps that NU has ALOT of things weak to Ice/Flying. And despite its 4x weakness to Rock there's not a whole lot in NU strong enough to actually OHKO it.

ozg82889

Smash Journeyman
if smogon does another suspect ladder and ends up banning stealth rock i can see articuno moving up to BL due to that it won't lose 50% hp coming in which is probably one of the biggest reasons it is in UU.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
If Stealth Rocks is banned we're gonna see alot fire types garnering more use. Moltres may move into OU just for its ability to counter the "Holy Trinity" that is Scizor/Heatran/Salamence that OU seems to be built around nowadays. Bellyzard, gaining Thunderpunch from Platinum may become even more dangerous as you can no longer just set up Steal Rocks and stop worrying about him and he now has a way of dealing with Suicune. Typhlosion will no longer have to worry about dropping down to UU. My custom Bronzong set will become useless though as there will no longer be suicide leads :( Ok, not completely useless as it counters alot of other common leads but still, it makes me sad.

M.K

Level 55
Banning Stealth Rock? Why would that happen?
I haven't been involved in the competitive scene much, so I'm not exactly informed when it comes to those types of decisions.

Top Bottom