• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Plank's Apt. Tourney Vol 1 1/10/09 NEW SCHEDULE UP!

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
So basically since Chu is still in FL and there's that ECRC thingy up in CT, nobody is doing anything here on the 10th.

GAY

So, I'm going to hold a small tournament at my apartment. I have my living room, dining room, kitchen, and 2 empty bedrooms to work with, so it won't be too terribly cramped! (ch4.5, lulz)

I'm going to kick everyone who i don't like out after the tournament, but the cool people should stay/smash/get ****ty all night. It will be a good time.

Location?

Address: 1411 Key parkway west, frederick, md, 21702
Apartment: c1
Frederick is about 45 minutes north of Nova, 45 minutes west of Bmore, and 30 minutes north of silver spring.

Specific directions: When you turn into the apartment complex you continue straight until you see 3 flag poles and a pool. Park anywhere around there (as close to the flagpoles as possible) and call me.

301 788 8085

Schedule:

10:30 AM
: Begin Arriving/sign up

11:30 AM: Melee Doubles begins

1:15 PM: Melee Singles begins

3:15:
Brawl Teams begins

5:30:
Brawl Singles begins

Oh and I'm also 100% for melee if there is enough people who want to play it. Melee is the **** and would also be $5

Rules:

You know the rules, ****ers. If you don't, ask me at the tournament and i'll sort **** out.

Price:

Singles:
$5/person
Teams: $5/person
Venue fee: $2

Bring a TV and a wii and get the venue fee free. I am not keeping the venue fee, for I do not give a **** about your $2, i just want incentive for people to bring **** so we can play. I will put the venue fee money back into the pot. 50/50 between singles/teams.

Anyone who knows me as a tourney hosts knows I like to run **** efficiently, so please be on time.

I guess that's it for now, I'll update later with anything important that comes up! I'd love to see some of VA here if they arent going all the way up to the ECRC. Baltimore is already confirmed, and hopefully we can get the Cooters/mrk/jlb/other MD crews to come out and play :D

.....and get drunk

kirbstir

Smash Lord
Can we get some melee going on at this? It's kind of silly how melee has died in this region, even though plenty of players still find it fun to play, and many of those same players don't think brawl is as fun

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i am 100% for melee. updated my first post. if people want to play melee i would love to do a small little melee tourney, melee is ****ing amazing

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
Sorry have a poker tournament that I need to tend to... DK and hat I can still count you in for it right... RIGHT...?

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
What time would Melee be?
<3 everyone for wanting melee! if we are going to do melee i am gonna push stuff back an hour and start brawl teams at 11:30 (people arrive at 10:30). melee would start at 2 and end around 4 (singles only, brawl players can take a break, go eat etc) then brawl singles at 4! I just posted this and already like 8 people want melee, so i think it will happen

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Could you have one TV set to the Ravens game (Saturday at 4:30)? If not I'm gonna have to bail on all tourneys this weekend. This game is too important.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i havent paid my cable bill for tv, but it should be streaming live on NFL.com, right? if not, whos got an antenna? good point, jcaes

i retract that statement, my cable still SOMEHOW works. ill pay them a few hundred dollars this week to keep it on, LOL. i never did officially cancel that ****

could you just bring one of your extra tvs and ill set it up in a corner? ^^

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
****. now i'm torn between smash and poker...
well, whatever you decide just be sure to send me a text ASAP, as I have your seats secured. Also if you could ask sean to get back to me too. It starts at 3 on saturday, we'll have a spare table open for cash games for those who bust out of the tournament early. right now we are looking at 15+ with about 15 uncertain. I can pick you guys up if you need a ride as i'll probably just leave frederick that morning and pass by your place anyway.

chillindude829

Smash Master
cuz that tourney looks sh*tty, lets be real here. i dont want to drive 6 hours then have 50 ppl there, with 10-15 of them being top-notch players.

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
Could you have one TV set to the Ravens game (Saturday at 4:30)? If not I'm gonna have to bail on all tourneys this weekend. This game is too important.
agreed, i am with jcaesar on this one.

if i am off i will be there for melee, brawl, drinking, and ravens...

if i'm not i wil be working... doh!

but i think john can sacrifice a tv for a couple of hours, haha but agreed...

ravens for a few hours > a lot of normal smash **** every weekend...

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
there should be a good amount of people at cata, not driving for 6 hours is understandable, but i've driven further for md/va tournies. Given that there is a ammy bracket anyway, you wouldn't have to be their both days, and would get a pretty good seed based on your points.

I thought we catered it pretty well to those with points?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
MD/VA isn't used to having to travel for good tourneys. I would've gone to the CT tourney though if I could've gotten a ride with someone.

Jon I'll bring my three small TVs and a pair of rabbit ears just in case.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
good stuff JCaesar

even though i'm not a Bmore fan, i want to see the game
I hope baltimore gets redemption from those 2 really bad ref calls in that same game earlier this year

when Pittsburgh beats San Diego and Baltimore beats Tennessee, then it will be on

chillindude829

Smash Master
there should be a good amount of people at cata, not driving for 6 hours is understandable, but i've driven further for md/va tournies. Given that there is a ammy bracket anyway, you wouldn't have to be their both days, and would get a pretty good seed based on your points.

I thought we catered it pretty well to those with points?
its pretty nice being able to only be there sunday, thats the main reason i might still come. i just dont like the prospect of driving 6 hours then losing to 2 really good players, getting 7th or something, and not making money. because i'm not driving 6 hours to "have fun" at a brawl tournament.

and theres no guarantee on how many people will be there. last time like half the attendance was OOS, so it seems like there arent very many local brawl players up there, and that makes me worried that there will only be like 60 people

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Half the attendance will probably be tri-state region most likely

But seriously, Chillin has a point, why drive 6 hours just to have M2K/Azen beat you

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
i dont think we're going to have lame payouts, we haven't finalize them, but more than likely we'll do a 40/20/12.5/12.5/7.5/7.5 just because there will be so many good players there.

also i know you got beef with whitemage, but he likely won't be there/running things, it'll just be me and jake. Also, the esticle was run like **** last time, cuz cort let the management there do it cuz he's lazy, this time though me and jake'll do everything and it'll be efficient.

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
Half the attendance will probably be tri-state region most likely

But seriously, Chillin has a point, why drive 6 hours just to have M2K/Azen beat you
why not just go to a catonsville bi-weekly and lose to them??

then win singles, chillin you are ****

baltimore is gonna destroy pittsburgh when they play, unless pittsburgh losses hahahah!

plairrrnnnnnnkk this is gonna be mad fun, i hope i have off... i am gonna make sure i do cause they BULL****TED me into working friday... my day off so yeah i should be there and you know what that means...

FUNZIES!

Top Bottom