• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Plank presents: Chu on this! Vol. 1 3/27/10 Baltimore, MD NO VENUE FEE! Tristate++

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
MELEE!!!!

Plank Presents: Chu on This: Vol. 1

When: March 27th

Where: UMBC gameroom. The gameroom has 5 TVs we can use for smash. If anyone else wants to bring a few TVs go for it, I have 8 cubes+melee of my own.

1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD

The gameroom is located in the Commons. If you haven't been there before it's tricky to find. Call me when you arrive on Campus.

301-788-8085

Schedule:

12:00 PM: Melee teams begin

4:00 PM: Melee singles begin

I'm going to start on time because I want to get out by 8 PM or so. I'm sick of tournies running until midnight.....

Entry fees:

Singles: $10
Teams: $10/person
"Electricity" Fee: $0 LOL

General rules:

•4 stock
•2/3 sets
•3/5 semifinals+finals
•8 minute time limit
•Items off
•Ties broken by lives, then %
•Double Blind character pick can be called at anytime.
•Stage Knock Out: Each person may choose one stage to be disabled for the entire set, it must be chosen at the beginning of the set, after initial characters are chosen.
•Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or select to go random. The winner may then change their character, followed by the loser.
•Bring your own controller
•Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound), are banned.
•Team Attack will be ON
•Life stealing allowed
*Wobbling Banned
*Disqualification Rule: If you are LATE to a set and need to be disqualified, there is NO DISQUALIFYING TO LOSERS BRACKET. Play by the rules and be on time, the tournament is 24 hours open and in a hotel, so no excuse to be late!!! I know there was some controversy at *Pound* so i'm making the rule VERY clear in this post.

-*Pound* 4 stage set

Banned players: ChuDat

Let's get ourselves back on the melee map, MD/VA

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
That's how md/va rolls, one weeks notice!!!

Chu banned me from his shiet, so i returned the favor ha

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i dont think theres anything else and i wanted something this date, hence why i hosted it. i was originally gonna go to penn state tourney but couldnt get a ride -.-

The Newb

Smash Ace
plank sucks

Edit:

*Disqualification Rule: If you are LATE to a set and need to be disqualified, there is NO DISQUALIFYING TO LOSERS BRACKET. Play by the rules and be on time, the tournament is 24 hours open and in a hotel, so no excuse to be late!!! I know there was some controversy at *Pound* so i'm making the rule VERY clear in this post.
Lies!

Vist

Smash Champion
yea there's nothing going on this weekend, but I was thinking I could try to get a fest together or the cp guys could hold a fest there etc.

ChuDat

Smash Master
I'm honored. LMFAO.

Welp, it lookz like there is going to be some heated tournament hosting competition in MD/VA. Prepare for the best tournaments of your life guys LOLZ.

I am ahead since Plank suckz at running tournamentz.

Laijin

Smash Hero
I'm honored. LMFAO.

Welp, it lookz like there is going to be some heated tournament hosting competition in MD/VA. Prepare for the best tournaments of your life guys LOLZ.

I am ahead since Plank suckz at running tournamentz.
I guess I moved here at the perfect time then. :)

Plank vs Chu.
Who is the better TO?

Honestly Plank is winning at the moment since he did happen to host the largest melee tournament in the world and did a pretty good job at it. I am quite unbiased between the two of you since I'm new here. So you got tough competition Chu. Lets see what you got. So host some awesome tournaments!

Eggm

Smash Hero
Pretty sure that theres nothing going on in tristate this weekend so I might as well come. I'll bring people or TV's. Depending if I can find people. Raaaaaaape.

Bones0

Smash Legend
Pretty sure that theres nothing going on in tristate this weekend so I might as well come. I'll bring people or TV's. Depending if I can find people. Raaaaaaape.
Could you drive ~30 minutes out of your way to pick me up? I can pay my share of gas and if 30 minutes too far I can drive more into your path. If I can come I can bring 2 TVs and a Wii.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Why did chu ban you lolz

also:

Voodoo, you aren't in the host race. You don't host the tourney, period. You give directions when we need you to, etc. But you don't handle the money, you don't make the thread, you don't make the brackets, you don't call the matches, you don't register entrants.

ololololol

Voodoo Daddy

Smash Journeyman
Voodoo, you aren't in the host race. You don't host the tourney, period. You give directions when we need you to, etc. But you don't handle the money, you don't make the thread, you don't make the brackets, you don't call the matches, you don't register entrants.

ololololol
Neither did you or joe... DIS...

from now on, I will take money and run brackets so we can avoid what happened last time.

ChuDat

Smash Master
Well. Its kinda fair that he is banned seeing as he banned Plank in his tournies from what I hear.

But overall, I say let bygones be bygones. Plank and Chu should make up.
Yeah. Plairnkk is just butthurt because I banned him LOLZ.

It's impossible to be cool with Plairnkk. All I really want is an apology for his **** talk on my house and for his lack of respect towards me. This is impossible though. So I guess we must create competition between us.

It'll be good for the community, anyway. I'm better than him in smash and I'm better than him at running tournaments. He is only good at hyping up tournaments, which I commend him for that. When it comes to running a tournament, he is GOD AWFUL. I have never seen so many complaints about a tournament in my life! He is a pretty good azzhole, though. Take this the way that you see it..............

Get off of me you Plairnkk fan boys.

Enemies list
1. Plairnkk
2. P~S
3. Skylink

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Yeah. Plairnkk is just butthurt because I banned him LOLZ.

It's impossible to be cool with Plairnkk. All I really want is an apology for his **** talk on my house and for his lack of respect towards me. This is impossible though. So I guess we must create competition between us.

It'll be good for the community, anyway. I'm better than him in smash and I'm better than him at running tournaments. He is only good at hyping up tournaments, which I commend him for that. When it comes to running a tournament, he is GOD AWFUL. I have never seen so many complaints about a tournament in my life! He is a pretty good azzhole, though. Take this the way that you see it..............

I'm not butthurt at all. I don't care about your tournaments -BECAUSE- you run them so horribly+they are at such horrible venues. I never even planned on going to ur **** again anyway since they are so bad.

I don't even try to hype up my tournaments chu, people hype them for me because they KNOW they will be good.

I successfully run 500+ man tournaments whereas you fail horribly at running 25 man tournaments. People will always find little complaints about national tournaments because they are travelling so much for them

Chu do you want to know why nobody complaints about your tournaments? Because nobody expects anything from your tournaments lol. I don't even know why you're trying to compete on this. Who got a job running tournaments across the country with a sponsored company? Oh yeah...not you eh.

I don't get why you're so butthurt for me "insulting your house". All i said was that it was horrible for tournaments, which it is and that the only reason people go is because of the convenient location....which is true. So why get so offended? I even said it's great that you run them since nobody else runs anything, it's just obvious that your tournaments have always been a last priority and not a first....

For someone who complains about my tournaments you sure as hell have never been missing from one, eh, chu? Well until now, since you can't come :D

Stick to working something out with your "business partner". I'm sure poyo's dad has a great business sense. I mean CH 4.5 was a pretty bomb tourney....right guys? haahhaa

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Ah, same day as HERB 3, that's unfortunate. I'll be interested in attending future events, though.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
also i need a good teammate cuz travis and g-reg are going to MILDSAUCE'S wedding!!!! lol

Top Bottom