• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Plan Zero Revealed On Brawlhacks Wiki!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jokey665

Smash Ace
So. I got this working, got past my previous error message.

I changed Toon Link's aerial mobility but I'm not sure if it actually worked or not, I don't know how much of a change the value I used would actually make.

What DID work was the couple of edits I made to his moves. I made his bair do 170% and kill instantly. Also it apparently breaks shields in one hit as a side effect lol. I also made his dash attack do 15% and kill pretty early as well.

I think I have decent grasp on certain aspects of the program, and I'll constantly be trying new things, mostly on Toon Link for the time being.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
So. I got this working, got past my previous error message.

I changed Toon Link's aerial mobility but I'm not sure if it actually worked or not, I don't know how much of a change the value I used would actually make.

What DID work was the couple of edits I made to his moves. I made his bair do 170% and kill instantly. Also it apparently breaks shields in one hit as a side effect lol. I also made his dash attack do 15% and kill pretty early as well.

I think I have decent grasp on certain aspects of the program, and I'll constantly be trying new things, mostly on Toon Link for the time being.
Good stuff. If you want/can you can post how you did these things and whatnot to help everyone out.

Gazoinks

Smash Cadet
Okay, I've started editing movesets. I'll get up a picture of my results in a sec.

EDIT: Here's what happened when I removed the grab event from Ganon's Side B. -_-'

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Lol looking back to what we said we were gonna do with this project, im just laughing in my head at how hard it is to actually do this. In time tho all in due time.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Quick question: Anyone know how to add a hitbox? I want to give Lucario's up-B a damage aspect.

Sushi21

Smash Apprentice
they are in attributes.

and how do we edit hitboxes? i wanna take falcon's dtaunt, give it a hitbox that it HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE, and make it do 999% with no knockback XD
so he pimp slaps them, but no knockback? lol

Lol looking back to what we said we were gonna do with this project, im just laughing in my head at how hard it is to actually do this. In time tho all in due time.
Agreed! I thought this would be easier.

Wow, you're catching on quite quick!

jokey665

Smash Ace
Good stuff. If you want/can you can post how you did these things and whatnot to help everyone out.
Sure I'll do what I can. I'm bad at explaining stuff but I'll try:

I started by scrolling through the Sub Action drop down (where it says 64) until I found his bair, listed as "AttackAirB". The four lines starting with "Offensive Collision" are the hitboxes. Most of the parts of those lines are fairly self-explanatory, damage, base knockback, etc. In that screenshot I changed knockback growth to 0 from the default 12, and the damage from the default A to 14. This changes the actual damage dealt from 10 to 20, which is just A and 14 converted from hex to decimal. My previous test was AA, or 170. I also increases the size of the hitbox of the fourth line from 180000 to 200000, although I didn't notice a sizable difference.

Double clicking the line I have highlighted in the previous picture brings up this box, where you edit the actually properties of the hitbox. I have damage selected and set to 00000014, or 20 damage.

What I've done so far is all pretty simple, but there it is if you want to start editing hitboxes. I haven't tried moving hitboxes yet, or adding effects to them, which is what I'll probably be trying next. Is there a list of effects anywhere so I can experiment with them?

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
yes, it is basically a BROKEN taunt lol

he'll run faster than Sonic

and shield is as big as GigaBowser's shield

and other stuf, lol.

TELL ME HOW WE EDIT THE HITBOXES!!!

Yingyay

Smash Ace
I just thought of something. I think its possible to make peach bomber collide with sheilds.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I got all the "Right" character files, renamed the fitcaptain00.pac to fitcaptain.pac as it should be, and I still got an error. WTF?

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I got all the "Right" character files, renamed the fitcaptain00.pac to fitcaptain.pac as it should be, and I still got an error. WTF?
You're trying to use a costume file. ._.; Look back in the topic, there's someone who posted a link to the motion and effect pac files.

jokey665

Smash Ace
fitcaptain00.pac and fitcaptain.pac are two separate files, simply naming one as the other will do you no good. You need to get the actual fitcaptain.pac, which i believe has been linked within the last few pages.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
Problem number one.
You're not supposed to rename anything. I'll link you the file in a minute.

Well I've tried two different sets of "right files" . even the ones from meowmix and I still get the error. Although I don't want to be posting this again, but it seems to be the only way for people to actually pay attention. And the fitcaptain00 was supposed to be a character pac, because the person linked to the CHARACTER PAC files. Quote-unquote.

and I know that fitcaptain00 is supposed to be a texture file, I've texture hacked everyone in the game. The thing is that someone LINKED to THE ****ING character pac files, and they had 00 at the end of them. I KNOW THAT THAT WASNT RIGHT, so I removed the 00's which did no good. !!!!

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
The real problem is figuring out how to work the bones and offsets so you can actually put it where you want.
Yeah, well that is unimportant to me at the moment. I am editing the knee so that I will: number one, say YES! when connected. #2: hitbox is HUGE. #3: knockback is insane. #4: trajectory is 180 degrees. I have pretty much figured this out, just im going to put a hitbox on a taunt. what are the taunt ids, if anyone knows? for falcon.

and i will get the .pac for everything up. i already figured out how to make an epic falcon. now i have to fine tune it.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
I have no idea how to do that. O_O

I'll say it again, I try to open "Fit(Character).pac" and it says "Error reading file" in a small box off the side.

jokey665

Smash Ace
what are the taunt ids, if anyone knows? for falcon.
I believe Falcon's taunts range from ID 1BC to 1C1. That's only a guess, but try them out.

I have no idea how to do that. O_O
When the error is on screen, make sure it has focus (click it) and press alt+print screen. then open up paint or something and paste it in, save it, upload it somewhere like tinypic.com and post it here.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
Well I've tried two different sets of "right files" . even the ones from meowmix and I still get the error. Although I don't want to be posting this again, but it seems to be the only way for people to actually pay attention. And the fitcaptain00 was supposed to be a character pac, because the person linked to the CHARACTER PAC files. Quote-unquote.

and I know that fitcaptain00 is supposed to be a texture file, I've texture hacked everyone in the game. The thing is that someone LINKED to THE ****ING character pac files, and they had 00 at the end of them. I KNOW THAT THAT WASNT RIGHT, so I removed the 00's which did no good. !!!!
There are no numbers in the linked characters pac files. You must be doing it all wrong.

TheUltimateMario

Smash Apprentice
I know im more than late to the party, but man this is awesome.

And i kind of understand this program, right now, im trying to figure
out Sonic.

D

Deleted member

ok, I'm writing a big guide on PSA, give me a day and it's out, it will cover most things and in the future more stuff (obviously).

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
ok, I'm writing a big guide on PSA, give me a day and it's out, it will cover most things and in the future more stuff (obviously).
PK, I love you :bee:.

*Cough*
Hm, if I may ask... what should we exactly name our character pac file?
Let's say I've edited Ganon, should I simply name it FitGanon.pac or is it unnecessary?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom