• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PK Thunder Tail Glitch

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
The fact that the tail did a different amount of damage supports the theory that we're just hitting them with multiple segments on the same frame.
So your saying theres just some godly spot of the tail that does insane amounts of damage?

Bartolon

Smash Lord
"EDIT: Bartolon should tell us how under what circumnstances he performed the glitch."

Shaky its a really long time ago. I only know that it was on battlefield too and a heavy char.
But for the rest I don't know what I did with the PKT.

Maybe it has to do with a running animation or something.
If we use this technique later on. ness will srsly be higher on the tierlist. :D

Levitas

the moon
So, I did some testing. All that's happening is multiple "segments" of the tail are hitting at once. I tested a fox illusioning into the tail (any part), and that would do anywhere between 1 and 22% damage depending on how far into the tail he went before getting hit.

No glitch, just the character getting hit by a bunch of hitboxes on one frame.

Cacti

Smash Journeyman
So this is just characters using momentum-based moves to throw themselves into the middle of the PKT?

It sounds like we could do some major damage to some character's recoveries. Falco comes to mind.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
No glitch, just the character getting hit by a bunch of hitboxes on one frame.
Uhh, so its just some weird thing that happens sometimes thats not exploitable at all? I mean, is there a certain part of the tail that will always do this or a certain way to curve the tail to do this?

Cause I want this >.<

Levitas

the moon
It's just someone moving far enough into the tail in ONE frame to not have gotten hit by any segment the previous frame, and gotten hit by a bunch of segments the next frame.

Not really exploitable unless you can convince the other guy to move extremely fast into the back of your tail for some reason, lol.

I did my testing on a fox illusion. falco should be subject to it, too, but beyond that I really don't see any potential.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
It's just someone moving far enough into the tail in ONE frame to not have gotten hit by any segment the previous frame, and gotten hit by a bunch of segments the next frame.

Not really exploitable unless you can convince the other guy to move extremely fast into the back of your tail for some reason, lol.

I did my testing on a fox illusion. falco should be subject to it, too, but beyond that I really don't see any potential.
(A) Are you kidding? The potential is what you just said - make people move into the huge hitbox. 38% is a hit. That's on par with Ganny.

(B) How is this consistent with the Mario event we observed? His reflector must have played a part because there's no way he jumped into all the hitboxes in one frame; his speed was perfectly normal.

CarVac

Smash Journeyman
Perhaps Sonic could be hit bigtime if he runs into the tail from behind.
Or someone could roll into the tip of the tail. Roll or spotdodge punishing, anyone?

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
This is very interesting imo.
The only explaination I can think of is all the hitboxes hitting at once, dealing 38% damage.

I hope you guys can exploit this, that would be awesome.
*goes back to lurker mode*

Levitas

the moon
(A) Are you kidding? The potential is what you just said - make people move into the huge hitbox. 38% is a hit. That's on par with Ganny.
I'm not kidding. I tried getting a fox to illusion into the tail of a PKT successfully about 20 times and got damage higher than 5% twice. Once was 9% and once was 22%.

I'll take my 8% on a reasonable probability over this.

(B) How is this consistent with the Mario event we observed? His reflector must have played a part because there's no way he jumped into all the hitboxes in one frame; his speed was perfectly normal.
Mario was using a cape. The tail was reflected. The tail was no longer being reflected at one point, on a single frame. Mario was then sitting along the tail's path (on top of multiple segments) on the single frame they started hitting. Therefore multiple segments hit on a single frame in a manner consistent with the mechanism I proposed.

Canvasofgrey

Smash Ace
I'm assuming that Mario lost his invincibility frames on Cape right in the dead center of the PKT tail, thus got with all/most of the hit boxes that PKT tail has, considering that people when they get caught in PKT tail loop, they gain hitstun after the first hit, and are knocked out of the other potential PKT tail hitboxes.

In this case of Mario, I'm assuming that he was at the dead center, so regardless, he just smacked into all 38 hitboxes.

xoxokev

Smash Lord
I'm assuming that Mario lost his invincibility frames on Cape right in the dead center of the PKT tail, thus got with all/most of the hit boxes that PKT tail has, considering that people when they get caught in PKT tail loop, they gain hitstun after the first hit, and are knocked out of the other potential PKT tail hitboxes.

In this case of Mario, I'm assuming that he was at the dead center, so regardless, he just smacked into all 38 hitboxes.
except i dont think mario gets invincibility frames from using cape. if levitas is correct, the reason why mario wasn't hit initially was because he reflected that part of the tail, and it was his for a short period of time

Shuckle

Smash Rookie
It's like the Dtilt I've always dreamed of. But Better. <3

Honestly, this is less likely to occur than 3 PK Flash KOs in a match with two stocks.
Like I said before, unless we find a way to make this more likely, with more possiblities, this is a pretty useless technique.

So get crackin' Shaky. (:

Top Bottom