• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
I can't see him at that part of the trailer, I don't know if I'm just missing something or what
I'm looking at the actual image right now. It looks like it could be fake but I don't really know how fakes and leaks go... So yeah.
Would be cool if it was real but you couldn't see it because it flashed so fast. Unlikely though...

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
When I first heard Lucas was cut I started thinking about Hinawa and how she wanting the best for her kids. Lucas didn't deserve this (Neither did Snake) I will remember you Lucas (and so will Hinawa)

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
When I first heard Lucas was cut I started thinking about Hinawa and how she wanting the best for her kids. Lucas didn't deserve this (Neither did Snake) I will remember you Lucas (and so will Hinawa)
Aw man...The feels, IT'S ALL COMING BACK TO ME! ;( Darn it, i miss Lucas even more now. It reminds me of how beautiful a game Mother 3 is though.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
um is it me or did nintendo japan redo the round up of info vid so it dosent show ganon?

CaptainQuestion

Smash Cadet
it does????!!!
At some point in the video, as it was showing multiple characters in separate portions of the screen, a portion showing Pikachu very briefly (for a few frames) had one of those things that pop up when a character is off-screen, to show you where they are.
The character it showed was clearly Ganondorf.
I think this was in the 2nd commercial though, not the round up info vid. Hold on...
Yeah, it was the commercial.

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
I think Lucas has a bit of life in him yet. We still have 5 more characters. I would rate the remaining vets in this order of likeliness.
:popo::mewtwopm::wolf::lucas::roypm::ivysaur::squirtle::pichumelee::younglinkmelee::snake:. (sorry Snake fans)
OK that isn't looking great for him, but if there is only one more newcomer not in the leak then he's in. Maybe there are two more newcomers.... and maybe the ICies are out due to technical difficulties. Lucas lives. (I know sacrificing one vet for another is hardly the best outcome, but if he's important to you... I can tell you I would sacrifice Dr Mario for a certain other Psychic any day of the week)

Now maybe I'm grasping at straws, but their is a decent chance ICies could be out, and even disregarding that how many more newcomers can we possibly be getting? We already have 12 (including the leak, but ignoring ZSS, Shiek, Solozard). Having :popo::mewtwopm::wolf::lucas: and 1 more newcomer is hardly out of the question either.

:4lucas: isn't dead yet, and maybe one day soon that smiley appears next to :4ness: in your signatures. Or maybe not.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I think Lucas has a bit of life in him yet. We still have 5 more characters. I would rate the remaining vets in this order of likeliness.
:popo::mewtwopm::wolf::lucas::roypm::ivysaur::squirtle::pichumelee::younglinkmelee::snake:. (sorry Snake fans)
OK that isn't looking great for him, but if there is only one more newcomer not in the leak then he's in. Maybe there are two more newcomers.... and maybe the ICies are out due to technical difficulties. Lucas lives. (I know sacrificing one vet for another is hardly the best outcome, but if he's important to you... I can tell you I would sacrifice Dr Mario for a certain other Psychic any day of the week)

Now maybe I'm grasping at straws, but their is a decent chance ICies could be out, and even disregarding that how many more newcomers can we possibly be getting? We already have 12 (including the leak, but ignoring ZSS, Shiek, Solozard). Having :popo::mewtwopm::wolf::lucas: and 1 more newcomer is hardly out of the question either.

:4lucas: isn't dead yet, and maybe one day soon that smiley appears next to :4ness: in your signatures. Or maybe not.
I really don't think Ice Climbers are coming back, I really think limitations will hold them back. I'd say
:mewtwopm::wolf::lucas::popo::snake::roypm::ivysaur::squirtle::younglinkmelee::pichumelee:

Last edited:

CaptainQuestion

Smash Cadet
I really don't think Ice Climbers are coming back, I really think limitations will hold them back. I'd say
:mewtwopm::wolf::lucas::popo::snake::roypm::ivysaur::squirtle::younglinkmelee::pichumelee:
I really don't see why everyone keeps thinking Mewtwo is practically guaranteed to come back. I'm not going to make an ass of myself saying he's a clone of Lucario, don't worry, but Lucario is pretty similar to Mewtwo in the way he moves, his posture, his signature moves... (and am I the only one thinking there shouldn't be so many humanoid Pokémon?).
To me it looks like we really don't NEED Mewtwo, we already have Lucario to do all the things Mewtwo brought to the table (and more, with the damage=strength mechanic). Besides, we have too many Gen. 1 Pokémon as is. If only they'd finally cut Jigglypuff... yeah, that won't happen.

Also, with FOUR Fire Emblem characters confirmed and Lucina basically taking his place, I feel Roy should be even lower than that.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I really don't see why everyone keeps thinking Mewtwo is practically guaranteed to come back. I'm not going to make an *** of myself saying he's a clone of Lucario, don't worry, but Lucario is pretty similar to Mewtwo in the way he moves, his posture, his signature moves... (and am I the only one thinking there shouldn't be so many humanoid Pokémon?).
To me it looks like we really don't NEED Mewtwo, we already have Lucario to do all the things Mewtwo brought to the table (and more, with the damage=strength mechanic). Besides, we have too many Gen. 1 Pokémon as is. If only they'd finally cut Jigglypuff... yeah, that won't happen.

Also, with FOUR Fire Emblem characters confirmed and Lucina basically taking his place, I feel Roy should be even lower than that.
Mario has 7 reps, Pokemon is gonna get at least 6 and Mewtwo is the most deserving

SeatreasureReturned

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo's name has also been thrown around a lot lately. If someone is going to return, I'd put my money on him. If there are five spaces left, I hope they go to: Lucas, Mewtwo, Ice Climbers, Dixie Kong, and Wolf. Fingers crossed. I have a little more hope after today's POTD.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
At some point in the video, as it was showing multiple characters in separate portions of the screen, a portion showing Pikachu very briefly (for a few frames) had one of those things that pop up when a character is off-screen, to show you where they are.
The character it showed was clearly Ganondorf.
I think this was in the 2nd commercial though, not the round up info vid. Hold on...
Yeah, it was the commercial.
yea they changed it

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
Sakurai just confirmed today that the leaked roster IS in fact incomplete. Just is a shed light of hope... praying that Lucas is one of the remaining characters left.

These are very dark times for us, but we must be strong and pull through. Be strong for our Lucas.

Song kinda fits the current situation we're in doesn't it?

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
imo id put :lucas::wolf::popo::rob: as top 4 most deserving.
the four above provide their series with just enough (first 2) or at least some (last 2) representation of their series. pokemon can do the same with four reps so the amount of reps it has now (5) is fine. jigglypuff isn't even relevant to the series as it is now. I want to see Mew2 back, at least as DLC but sadly pokemon can rep itself just fine without him. same goes for fire emblem and roy, however roy deserves his spot much more than lucina.

CaptainQuestion

Smash Cadet
imo id put :lucas::wolf::popo::rob: as top 4 most deserving.
the four above provide their series with just enough (first 2) or at least some (last 2) representation of their series. pokemon can do the same with four reps so the amount of reps it has now (5) is fine. jigglypuff isn't even relevant to the series as it is now. I want to see Mew2 back, at least as DLC but sadly pokemon can rep itself just fine without him. same goes for fire emblem and roy, however roy deserves his spot much more than lucina.
I agree 5 Pokémon should be fine, but with 7 Mario characters, it almost seems underrepresented. Now, once again, I'm no Mewtwo supporter, but it does seem like we can expect an additional Pokémon, whichever it is - mewtwo is just a popular contender, not the only possible one.

And Lucina basically IS Roy anyway, from what I can see. I doubt Roy "deserves his spot more" as well.
He was in Melee, sure, but we can pretty much all agree 4 characters -what we have now- is a lot for Fire Emblem, and it's purely because Lucina just got lucky enough to go from alt to separate spot.
Suppose there was no Lucina instead: Roy wouldn't have been a Marth alt at all, so he couldn't be promoted like Lucina was, and he certainly wouldn't have replaced Ike or Marth, nor would he have taken Robin's place as the 'newcomer'.

I really think everyone should just let Roy go, he was never that special, and he hasn't been relevant for years. In any case, I'm very certain his only hope is DLC, and even with DLC, I think plenty of other characters should get that treatment before Roy does.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I agree 5 Pokémon should be fine, but with 7 Mario characters, it almost seems underrepresented. Now, once again, I'm no Mewtwo supporter, but it does seem like we can expect an additional Pokémon, whichever it is - mewtwo is just a popular contender, not the only possible one.

And Lucina basically IS Roy anyway, from what I can see. I doubt Roy "deserves his spot more" as well.
He was in Melee, sure, but we can pretty much all agree 4 characters -what we have now- is a lot for Fire Emblem, and it's purely because Lucina just got lucky enough to go from alt to separate spot.
Suppose there was no Lucina instead: Roy wouldn't have been a Marth alt at all, so he couldn't be promoted like Lucina was, and he certainly wouldn't have replaced Ike or Marth, nor would he have taken Robin's place as the 'newcomer'.

I really think everyone should just let Roy go, he was never that special, and he hasn't been relevant for years. In any case, I'm very certain his only hope is DLC, and even with DLC, I think plenty of other characters should get that treatment before Roy does.
I think we can expect 6 Zelda and 6 Pokemon, the pokemon rep is either gonna be sceptile or mewtwo and I think mewtwo is far more likely

CaptainQuestion

Smash Cadet
I think we can expect 6 Zelda and 6 Pokemon, the pokemon rep is either gonna be sceptile or mewtwo and I think mewtwo is far more likely
There are MANY Pokémon, you know. It sort of bugs me that everyone always calls Mewtwo (and Sceptile, though a lot less often) the only possible options.
Now, I have nothing against Mewtwo, per se (though I find him slightly overrated), and as for Sceptile... well, my first Pokémon game was Emerald, and I picked Treecko as my starter.

Still, I was almost hoping this Smash Bros. would have another 'Jigglypuff', in a sense: a completely unexpected Pokémon that isn't a starter or a legendary, isn't Gen. 1 (because let's face it, Gen. 1 has had MANY more reps than any other - in fact, more than all others combined!), and isn't another bipedal humanoid like Lucario (while also not being a joke, like Jigglypuff is and Pichu clearly was...).

I'm assuming this is never actually going to happen, but it still bothers me that people never look outside the completely obvious box that is Mewtwo.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
There are MANY Pokémon, you know. It sort of bugs me that everyone always calls Mewtwo (and Sceptile, though a lot less often) the only possible options.
Now, I have nothing against Mewtwo, per se (though I find him slightly overrated), and as for Sceptile... well, my first Pokémon game was Emerald, and I picked Treecko as my starter.

Still, I was almost hoping this Smash Bros. would have another 'Jigglypuff', in a sense: a completely unexpected Pokémon that isn't a starter or a legendary, isn't Gen. 1 (because let's face it, Gen. 1 has had MANY more reps than any other - in fact, more than all others combined!), and isn't another bipedal humanoid like Lucario (while also not being a joke, like Jigglypuff is and Pichu clearly was...).

I'm assuming this is never actually going to happen, but it still bothers me that people never look outside the completely obvious box that is Mewtwo.
There are a lot of pokemon but very few of them are decent choices, Deoxys, Zoroark and Genesect are all pokeballs and honestly there are no other worthy pokemon

Also jigglypuff was put in when there were only 151 pokemon and it was popular in the anime, they don't just pick one at random also it was easy to put in cause a lot of it's moveset is based off kirby

Last edited:

CaptainQuestion

Smash Cadet
There are a lot of pokemon but very few of them are decent choices, Deoxys, Zoroark and Genesect are all pokeballs and honestly there are no other worthy pokemon

Also jigglypuff was put in when there were only 151 pokemon and it was popular in the anime, they don't just pick one at random also it was easy to put in cause a lot of it's moveset is based off kirby
I think only Sakurai can truly decide what is and what isn't a "worthy Pokémon"...
And besides, most of the popular Pokémon -the ones people call worthy- are just the ones that happen to be lucky enough to star in an anime movie, anyway - including the three you just named, as well as Mewtwo.

In any case, I'm not fanatical enough about this to start arguing, I'm just saying I would have liked to see a less obvious choice, regardless of "deserving" or "popular". Maybe one with a bodytype different from any other character we've seen before, or a type that's never been used. Imagine what Sakurai could do with its moveset then.

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
Lucas Thread, please stop making me cry... :crying:

I start school again tomorrow so that means less Smash Bros fangirling for me. Aw...

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
Well Earthbound is only 3 games, and in Brawl had an assist, a boss, two characters and a stage (+ another returning). Compare that to Golden Sun - 3 RPG games that sold more, were all released world-wide and are more recent (too recent for much of an impact on Brawl). GS doesn't have anything in Smash 4 yet, even accounting for the leaks. Two characters is all the Mother series needs, imo. It could provide more characters, but I don't see 3 characters from a 3 game franchise - KI shouldn't and most people don't like that it does.

Personally I think all the original 10 franchises (bar Yoshi, which is hardly a franchise anyway) should all have 2 reps by Brawl now, but Falcondorf keeps killing that. Still thats no good reason to drive us further backwards. If any "clone" is cut for Dark Pit...

As for Mewtwo... Sakurai made it sound like there was only 1 spot reserved for a gen 6 pokemon, and while pokemon is a bit different, 4 of the 7 mario characters debued in SMB, game with maybe a dozen characters/enemies all up. 3 of 5 Zelda characters are using Twilight Princess models, despite the existence of 17 other games. I think the more oddball pokemon should be kept in Pokken - no one wants Agitha as the next Zelda rep.

Earthbound012

Smash Rookie
well i agree. I mean if lucas comes back ill be satisfied with Mother reps. I guess im biased because i love the series lil. Also if that one leak is real(which i think is) then there is no excuse for Mewtwo not to come back with the 7 mario reps. So yeah i agree with you 100%

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
I really don't see why everyone keeps thinking Mewtwo is practically guaranteed to come back.
Because mewtwo has been in smash before, got new mega forms, is popular, and sakurai made a comment that he was thinking about adding him for this game.

SeatreasureReturned

Smash Apprentice
Still hoping if Lucas isn't on the final roster list for the 3ds, he will be available on the Wii U with a DLC pack for 3ds owners. I heard that Magicant is a stage in the 3ds game...maybe that would mean there was a Mother 3 wii U stage and they are saving Lucas for that. Grasping at straws, but that would be awesome.

Oh my pork, an HD Model, 8 alternative costumes, custom move-sets. Lucas NEEDS to be in this game. It just doesn't seem right that Lucas can't be in the game when there are clones like Dr. Mario and 3 Kid Icarus Characters, and to a lesser extent 4 Fire Emblem Characters. Like a poster said, those series could have 10 characters if it meant we could keep Ness and Lucas.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Still hoping if Lucas isn't on the final roster list for the 3ds, he will be available on the Wii U with a DLC pack for 3ds owners. I heard that Magicant is a stage in the 3ds game...maybe that would mean there was a Mother 3 wii U stage and they are saving Lucas for that. Grasping at straws, but that would be awesome.

Oh my pork, an HD Model, 8 alternative costumes, custom move-sets. Lucas NEEDS to be in this game. It just doesn't seem right that Lucas can't be in the game when there are clones like Dr. Mario and 3 Kid Icarus Characters, and to a lesser extent 4 Fire Emblem Characters. Like a poster said, those series could have 10 characters if it meant we could keep Ness and Lucas.
Uh, if we were getting a M3 stage, it'd be on 3DS. M3 was on GBA,a handheld,EB was on a console(SNES)and is now on Wii U. If we get a new mothEr stage for WII U, itll be from Earthbound.

CaptainQuestion

Smash Cadet

Yeah... it wouldn't really make sense for EarthBound, a console game, to have a stage on 3DS while the handheld Mother 3 makes it to WiiU instead...
Though if the whole 'additional characters on WiiU introduced on 3DS as DLC at launch' theory turns out to be true, who knows.

And yes, I also agree with all those other things you said in the second paragraph. Except... from the moment Lucina was revealed, my first thought was "well, this is a boring character choice".
When Robin came out revealing Fire Emblem would get 4 reps though, my thoughts went to "this spells certain doom for the Mother series" instead (right after thinking "green projectiles = PK Flash?! No, false alarm" and "Gematsu busted, thank god").
I keep catching myself thinking of Fire Emblem as Mother's big rival now, even though I have nothing against it normally. I thoroughly enjoyed Awakening, too.

Speaking of HQ models, I've said this before, but Kumatora and Duster have never had an official model (or artwork at all besides the in-game sprites), at least to my knowledge. In other words, those two are definitely my top pick for any appearance at all, though of course trophy is still most likely, if anything.
Sadly, I don't know if the Smash devs would want to go through the trouble of specifically creating all-new trophy models for characters that insignificant in general... well, who knows, it happened for Pit in Melee.

SeatreasureReturned

Smash Apprentice
Uh, if we were getting a M3 stage, it'd be on 3DS. M3 was on GBA,a handheld,EB was on a console(SNES)and is now on Wii U. If we get a new mothEr stage for WII U, itll be from Earthbound.
I know that it wouldn't fit the pattern we've seen so far, but if one version should get a new stage, it should be the Wii U version if Ness is the only character representing the series since Earthbound is a console game. Yet, it appears the 3ds will get Magicant (if that is really what the stage is), a location from Mother 1 and Earthbound, the two console games of the series. That doesn't fit the pattern so it is possible that the Wii U would get a Mother 3 stage.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
:ness:Hi I'm new to this whole SmashBoards thing (A little late I know) but anyway, looks like we are nearing the final stretch of the speculation now, with only a week to go and still no sign of Lucas. I among many others fully believe that this guy is locked as 1:There are no real reasons to cut him other than him being a "Clone" which I think is just silly seeing how he probably has some moves similar to Ness simply because he was going to replace him, and 2: With both Ness and Lucas in the game it covers both sides of the Mother series, Ness being the rep for the console games (with an Ninten alt) and Lucas being the rep for the handheld games. Either way I think we won't be disappointed when the games roster is revealed next week. I truly hope that we will get to see Lucas in that slot between Ness and Captain Falcon =^) :lucas:

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
:ness:Hi I'm new to this whole SmashBoards thing (A little late I know) but anyway, looks like we are nearing the final stretch of the speculation now, with only a week to go and still no sign of Lucas. I among many others fully believe that this guy is locked as 1:There are no real reasons to cut him other than him being a "Clone" which I think is just silly seeing how he probably has some moves similar to Ness simply because he was going to replace him, and 2: With both Ness and Lucas in the game it covers both sides of the Mother series, Ness being the rep for the console games (with an Ninten alt) and Lucas being the rep for the handheld games. Either way I think we won't be disappointed when the games roster is revealed next week. I truly hope that we will get to see Lucas in that slot between Ness and Captain Falcon =^) :lucas:
sakurai can still cut a character if he dont find them unique although even if he is out which i douht he will be sakurai will make it up somehow.....BTW welcome to the boards

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
sakurai can still cut a character if he dont find them unique although even if he is out which i douht he will be sakurai will make it up somehow.....BTW welcome to the boards
Thanks man glad to be here, I have been posting all over YouTube about Lucas and when I finally got on this thread I just knew I had to join the fun :p I also understand that Sakurai can cut characters even if they are unique the prime example being :mewtwopm: but I have total faith that Sakurai will not choose to under represent a franchise by removing these two :lucas::wolf: I mean the fact that this guy is back :drmario:and the Mario roster is at 7 (not including Yoshi and Wario) is a key fact that he shouldn't remove them, but thinking on it, the amount of support I have seen for Wolf and Lucas is outstanding and I really think that they are in there they just weren't unlocked in the leaked screen :seuss:

Top Bottom