• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
Thanks man glad to be here, I have been posting all over YouTube about Lucas and when I finally got on this thread I just knew I had to join the fun :p I also understand that Sakurai can cut characters even if they are unique the prime example being :mewtwopm: but I have total faith that Sakurai will not choose to under represent a franchise by removing these two :lucas::wolf: I mean the fact that this guy is back :drmario:and the Mario roster is at 7 (not including Yoshi and Wario) is a key fact that he shouldn't remove them, but thinking on it, the amount of support I have seen for Wolf and Lucas is outstanding and I really think that they are in there they just weren't unlocked in the leaked screen :seuss:
might i recommend going to welcome center and introdce ur self

Souless_shadow

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3609-1166-4956
Dangit guys you made me all depressed. I still have hope for Lucas whether he be in the initial roster or as dlc.

Last edited:

CaptainQuestion

Smash Cadet
So, this is only vaguely related to Lucas, but have you guys heard about the full-build demo's that were released in certain Japanese locations? Apparently, Fox has a colour palette very similar to Wolf, with gray fur, gray vest, etc. (It's the only palette swap that changes the colour of his fur).
This could hint at Wolf actually being cut, which could mean bad news for Lucas as well (again). They're sort of in the same predicament.

In other, entirely unrelated news, there is a Fierce Deity Link alt (not a colour, an actual model swap), and Olimar has Alph alts. That's cool I guess.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
So, this is only vaguely related to Lucas, but have you guys heard about the full-build demo's that were released in certain Japanese locations? Apparently, Fox has a colour palette very similar to Wolf, with gray fur, gray vest, etc. (It's the only palette swap that changes the colour of his fur).
This could hint at Wolf actually being cut, which could mean bad news for Lucas as well (again). They're sort of in the same predicament.

In other, entirely unrelated news, there is a Fierce Deity Link alt (not a colour, an actual model swap), and Olimar has Alph alts. That's cool I guess.
well mario has wario color that means wario's out to right?

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.

I am starting to feel really bad for Lucas, first there was Gematsu, then the roster leak and now this. These shenanigans are start to really worry me that Mother will have one rep again like F-Zero, it took 3 games to get another one and they are going to remove him :O something about this is very odd and if it is indeed true that we have lost a rep from both star fox and Mother (not to mention a whole series due to the ice climbers) I will be very disappointed :popo::lucas::wolf:Stay strong I am sure Lord Sakurai has you in good hands.

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Actually come to think of it with these amiibos if Lucas is in the game and has one (instant buy btw) and happens to sell well which I have no doubts that both :lucas:and:ness2: will, do you think Nintendo might finally get the message and localize Mother 3 for the virtual console ?

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
Actually come to think of it with these amiibos if Lucas is in the game and has one (instant buy btw) and happens to sell well which I have no doubts that both :lucas:and:ness2: will, do you think Nintendo might finally get the message and localize Mother 3 for the virtual console ?
they made a mother 3 joke in the e3 direct do you really think they would if its so requested that it's a joke then i kinda doubt it

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
Mother is a series with like three games and the latest came out around 7 years ago. Two characters for such a small andinactive franchise is totally uncalledfor. Lucas should leave

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
Mother is a series with like three games and the latest came out around 7 years ago. Two characters for such a small andinactive franchise is totally uncalledfor. Lucas should leave
when was the last star fox game? it dosent need 3 reps falco and wolf should go to -.-

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
when was the last star fox game? it dosent need 3 reps falco and wolf should go to -.-
Star fox has more games than Mother. Not to mention that Mother 3 wasn't even ****ing released world wide. While star fox has had a remake on the 3ds and has a new game on wii u coming out.

And wolf is gone anyways

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
Dude, Star Fox's last game came out before Mother 3. If anything it deserves even less reps. Fox only, indeed.

Star Fox isn't relevant. Fox should be glad he's in Smash at all.

Don't get me started on Mr. Game & Watch, or R.O.B., or Ice Climbers. They haven't had a game in more than 20 years. They should just leave.

Also Captain Falcon is too silly to be liked, and his last game came out in Japan only in 2005 anyway. He needs to go.

You see where I'm going with this, Byakugan? It's dumb, faulty, opinionated reasoning.

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
Still going around threads spouting nonsense i see? I will tell you this again, Mother is not dead. It's a small series because it's a trilogy and the story is finished. Lucas has just as much rights to stay as Captain Falcon, Fox, Falco, Mr. G&W and R.O.B. Who have all been inactive for years.

Ignore her guys, she's a troll. I've seen her do this on many other threads.

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
Double Post
Still going around threads spouting nonsense i see? I will tell you this again, Mother is not dead. It's a small series because it's a trilogy and the story is finished. Lucas has just as much rights to stay as Captain Falcon, Fox, Falco, Mr. G&W and R.O.B. Who have all been inactive for years.

Ignore her guys, she's a troll. I've seen her do this on many other threads.
Cpt falcon, G&W, and Rob are reps for their series, that's why they are there, Ness is already the Earthbound rep, so lucas is just extra.

Dude, Star Fox's last game came out before Mother 3. If anything it deserves even less reps. Fox only, indeed.

Star Fox isn't relevant. Fox should be glad he's in Smash at all.
Star fox 64 3D & Star Fox Wii U?
Don't get me started on Mr. Game & Watch, or R.O.B., or Ice Climbers. They haven't had a game in more than 20 years. They should just leave.

Also Captain Falcon is too silly to be liked, and his last game came out in Japan only in 2005 anyway. He needs to go.
They represent their series, so thry can't leave. Ness is already around as a Mother representative.

Last edited by a moderator:

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
Cpt falcon, G&W, and Rob are reps for their series, that's why they are there, Ness is already the Earthbound rep, so lucas is just extra.
In that case, we only need Mario to represent his series. We only need Link for Zelda, etc.

There are going to be "extras" for franchises to represent obviously, as each installment of Smash has increasing rosters.
For such a small franchise as Mother, Ness and Lucas are the perfect duo reps for that series. If we can have Mario and Luigi, Fox and Falco. Then why can we not have Ness and Lucas?

We're not going to get anymore Mother characters anyway, so getting rid of Lucas seems pointless to me. Especially since he's the most recent Mother protagonist.

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Smash is not about representing recent games it has always been a clash of Nintendo's all stars which is why these characters have been chosen, this game more than ever is representing the history of gaming as a whole (I mean Pong is in there for goodness sake) :rob: was the Trojan horse that helped saved video games, :gw: is one of the Oldies, :popo: were kind of the poster NES game material, and while I will admit Mother hasn't had a game since 2006 (other than the fan game Mother 4) I would rather see an excellent Trilogy of games, rather than doing what say Sega does and make a new sonic game every year. The Mother series is a great selection of games which went out with a bang with Mother 3 Which is why it at least deserves two characters or more.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
2 Reps for a franchise isn't even asking for much, especially with how good Mother is, and it's gaining popularity (EVEN THOUGH ITS OLD)

If Mother 3 gets released here, I'm sure we'll see them get some more acknowledgement.

Maybe Lucas will be released as DLC with an announcement for Mother 3, it's not Nintendo just to insult people.

Maybe it is just an insult, but if it isn't, there's a reason for it.

Besides, all the Mother characters have easy to make movesets, they all have unique traits.

Duster with his thief tools, Lucas with his defensive properties, Kuma with her PSI Nuking spells, Jeff with his utility, I mean there's just so much, and don't get me started on the Masked Man, shield killer, PK Love, Jet Pack, Electric Sword, Lightning, SO much stuff.

Mother deserves as much representation as Star Fox, or at least 2 characters.

CaptainQuestion

Smash Cadet
Good lord, what is up with people just barging into threads dedicated to specific characters just to tell everyone there how wrong they are for liking that character?
It was exactly the same in the Professor Layton thread.
I mean, I don't like Duck Hunt Dog, but I don't go over there (as in, to the DHD thread) to rant about how ridiculous and unimportant their character of choice is.

We're Lucas supporters, man. That means we know exactly how obscure Mother is, how many people DON'T care about Lucas, how unlikely it is for Mother 3 to ever make it out of Japan, AND how odds are really against Lucas for SSB4 - increasingly so in fact, what with Gematsu, the new leak, the E3 joke, Wolf being less likely now as well...!
(@ Rymi Rymi : yes, Mario has a Wario colour scheme, but he doesn't LOOK as similar to Wario as Fox does to Wolf, especially since everything is pretty small on the 3DS. Besides, Mario's Wario colour just returned from Melee.)

Does that make it wrong to still like a character, and want to see him return?

Last edited:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Lucas is my favorite semi-clone... that aerial back A move... so satisfying to meteor smash opponents straight down... oh, and his smash up and down moves are so powerful!!!

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
Good lord, what is up with people just barging into threads dedicated to specific characters just to tell everyone there how wrong they are for liking that character?
I mean, I don't like Duck Hunt Dog, but I don't go over there to rant about how ridiculous and unimportant their character of choice is.

We're Lucas supporters, man. That means we know exactly how obscure Mother is, how many people DON'T care about Lucas, how unlikely it is for Mother 3 to ever make it out of Japan, AND how odds are really against Lucas for SSB4 - increasingly so in fact, what with Gematsu, the new leak, the E3 joke, Wolf being less likely now as well...!
(@ Rymi Rymi : yes, Mario has a Wario colour scheme, but he doesn't LOOK as similar to Wario as Fox does to Wolf, especially since everything is pretty small on the 3DS. Besides, Mario's Wario colour just returned from Melee.)

well they are dog type animals idk what a fox is related to but still they are bound to look kinda similar

CaptainQuestion

Smash Cadet
well they are dog type animals idk what a fox is related to but still they are bound to look kinda similar
Of course they're bound to look similar, but that's not my point. In Brawl, I often found I couldn't always tell the difference between Fox, Wolf, and even Falco due to their similar build, look, style, and even moves.
Especially when battling alongside one and against the other two in classic mode.

Now imagine one of them is given exactly the same colours as another.
Then, imagine custom moves can make everything more confusing.
Finally, imagine everything takes place on a screen many times smaller than your TV...

Do you see where I'm going with this? If there is one thing a game as (at times) chaotic as Smash Bros. should avoid, it's making charactes look confusingly similar. And, because of all the colourful characters and varied styles, that's usually very much averted... except with Starfox characters. They all look and move fairly similarly.
So if anything, that franchise specifically needs varied colours more than any other to really differentiate the fighters.

In other words, yes, I do think Fox's new palette makes Wolf less likely to return - because you might not be able to tell which is which.

Last edited:

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
Of course they're bound to look similar, but that's not my point. In Brawl, I often found I couldn't always tell the difference between Fox, Wolf, and even Falco due to their similar build, look, style, and even moves.
Especially when battling alongside one and against the other two in classic mode.

Finally, imagine everything takes place on a screen many times smaller than your TV...

Do you see where I'm going with this? If there is one thing a game as (at times) chaotic as Smash Bros. should avoid, it's making charactes look confusingly similar. And, because of all the colourful characters and varied styles, that's usually very much averted... except with Starfox characters. They all look and move fairly similarly.
So if anything, that franchise specifically needs varied colours more than any other to really differentiate the fighters.

In other words, yes, I do think Fox's new palette makes Wolf less likely to return - because you might not be able to tell which is which.
i see where ur getting at although theres no need to argue about it sakurai hasent sid anything about falco ness wolf or lucas so yea

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
I mean, I don't like Duck Hunt Dog, but I don't go over there (as in, to the DHD thread) to rant about how ridiculous and unimportant their character of choice is.

Word. Some people just have nothing better to do, so they go to support threads and crush hopes. Just to satisfy themselves from the empty lives they really have.

@ Lady Byakugan Lady Byakugan , get out of this thread.

It's true, it can sometimes be difficult to distinguish Fox from Wolf during fast paced battles. But that's only because they in general look similar, one is a fox and the other is a wolf. Heck, i've even sometimes mistaken Luigi for being Mario during a match.

I think Fox getting a Wolf based color palette isn't a complete deconfirmation, because this game has 8 color swaps/costumes for each character which is more than previous games. Fox as Wolf seems like a reasonable idea to fill up those 8 costumes, Mario having a Wario color swap never stopped Wario from joining Smash.

CaptainQuestion

Smash Cadet
i see where ur getting at although theres no need to argue about it sakurai hasent sid anything about falco ness wolf or lucas so yea
Well, no, of course. I'm not trying to convince you this means Wolf is definitely deconfirmed, because that's clearly not the case. What I AM saying is that this could mean something.

Also, can we please just ignore Lady Byakugan? There's no point in reasoning or arguing with someone who is only trying to annoy people.

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
Well, no, of course. I'm not trying to convince you this means Wolf is definitely deconfirmed, because that's clearly not the case. What I AM saying is that this could mean something.

Also, can we please just ignore Lady Byakugan? There's no point in reasoning or arguing with someone who is only trying to annoy people.
aww but it's so fun talking to someone who apperently has inside info from the way they say things

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace
Source please.

Just because Lucina started off as an alt doesn't mean this is the case for every other clone.
Clones are always added in the end to beef up the roster, not to mention the three of them look like their counterparts, it's kinda obvious the two went through the same tretment lucina did

Lady Byakugan

Smash Ace

This isn't a lucas support thread, It's only a discussion on whether he'll return ir not

CaptainQuestion

Smash Cadet
This isn't a lucas support thread, It's only a discussion on whether he'll return ir not
Isn't it?
Then where are we supposed to support Lucas? Ridley supporters,Waluigi supporters, even supporters of minor background characters in the Rhythm Heaven series all get their support thread, but if anyone wants to support Lucas, they have to do it on some other site, just because he's a veteran?
That's some major Cattlesnake crap.

But just because I'm curious, can I just reverse this situation for a second and ask you what character YOU think should take Lucas' potential place?

Top Bottom