• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

CaptainQuestion

Smash Cadet
I know that it's hard to have faith in this kind of stuff. I'm a Mother fan myself, so i know what it's like. But, for all we know, this leak could be real. You just have to believe, i mean, i don't think Sakurai would cut Lucas. It's bad enough that the series already gets the crap and s*** that it already does, i doubt Sakurai would take away what little the fans have left and cut one of the Mother Reps. without replacing them, or just cut them period. I think Lucas will be back, along with Wolf and Ice Climbers. Besides, its better to have hope, even if you do get crushed in the end, Lucas is a unique character and isn't a clone, so he has a decent chance of coming back. Besides, NOA is sick and tired of the Mother fans outcrying against how unfair they treat the franchise, i doubt Sakurai would do something to make that outcry even louder. The last thing NOA wants is more Mother fans b****ing.
After the Mother 3 joke in the E3 presentation, I'm starting to think Nintendo doesn't actually care about the Mother fans and their protests.
I mean, that's clearly what it has become to them: an inside joke.
And seeing this leak, and all the things it manages to get right now... I mean, new PotDs are revealed daily, and the last few have all shown us new details that shouldn't be known yet, and yet were also visible in the leaked pictures. This leak is literally gaining believability every day!

...I'm really having a hard time even hoping Lucas still has a shot right now. And while I'd possibly be fine with a replacement - depending on which character- I really doubt there would be one if he's gone (even if there would be, Jeff seems most likely, which would make EarthBound the only represented game in the franchise - I don't want that to happen). Lucas just seems like the only real viable option for a second Mother rep.

It's a good thing the recent Mario Kart 8 DLC reveal makes it more likely we'll be seeing DLC characters for Smash Bros. as well. Even in that case, however, I'm afraid the people clamoring for "Mewtwo/Ridley/Chrom/Roy/whichever other popular character didn't make it in" will be quite a bit more vocal than Lucas/Mother fans.
Case in point, the Chrom fans have already started their crusade to make him playable after all...

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
The leaks are really overweighing his chances at this point, the fact Ness was chosen over Lucas in the Gematsu leak, Lucas not appearing at the roster leak at all, Lucas being one of the four cuts in the game. I think it's better to pack and say your goodbyes for a while and wait till he's DLC.

Tresangor

Smash Rookie
The leaks are really overweighing his chances at this point, the fact Ness was chosen over Lucas in the Gematsu leak, Lucas not appearing at the roster leak at all, Lucas being one of the four cuts in the game. I think it's better to pack and say your goodbyes for a while and wait till he's DLC.
It's sad, but I agree with you.

Let's just hope for the best.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Nope. Lucas is not gone until Sakurai officially disconfirms him.

In response to bold: And yet that leak was proven false, and no amount of "he had outdated information" works.

Lucas not appearing in roster "leaks" even hurts his chances, because they are not official.

I think it is best you hold off from making posts like these, until we get official confirmation from Sakurai on any characters.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Sure you can keep saying that, but what I have seen in the leaks and they still have true credibility you don't really, it honestly sums up to the point where you Lucas is just gone. I would love to be wrong, but I'm not really counting on it.

Blucas

Smash Apprentice
>Gematsu

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Sure you can keep saying that, but what I have seen in the leaks and they still have true credibility you don't really, it honestly sums up to the point where you Lucas is just gone. I would love to be wrong, but I'm not really counting on it.
Only Bowser Jr. has any source of credibility, yet even still, that does not qualify you to suggest people to pack up their bags and give up. That does not contribute anything, but upcoming negativity.

In response to bold: It is fine that you believe you are right, but don't go jousting around saying your views are fact, especially when it comes to disheartening supporters when it is not official.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Trailer starts off, Chrom kills Lucas, Claus gets revenge, kills Chrom once again.

"I suppose I can PK Fire.... another day..."

"NO YOU'LL GET IT TODAY!!"

Lucas is in Claus final Smash where Lucas rides a Drago destroying everyone.

Kthnx Lucas confirmed.

Blucas

Smash Apprentice
I still lucas has a chance, ignoring gematsu leak, sakurai has always shown some kind of preference for lucas over ness, he wanted to replace ness with lucas in melee but couldn't because mother 3 delayed, in brawl lucas was already going to replace ness but due to the delays of the game they decided to include ness too because mother 3 didn't make it over seas, not to mention Lucas had a lot of screen time in SSE.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I think you need to take a look on what the leak group has to say first about the leaks.
Not really, since the only truly convincing piece of evidence the leakers have is the Bowser Jr. videos, and I am still skeptical on Bowser Jr. and Shulk's videos.

I am basing this on what is shown and what I have heard some leakers say, there tends to be so many leakers and some sources get tossed around so much, that is hard to follow sometimes.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
Only Bowser Jr. has any source of credibility, yet even still, that does not qualify you to suggest people to pack up their bags and give up. That does not contribute anything, but upcoming negativity.

In response to bold: It is fine that you believe you are right, but don't go jousting around saying your views are fact, especially when it comes to disheartening supporters when it is not official.
Disheartening supporters is all he's been doing since Prince Sablé got AT'd.

CaptainQuestion

Smash Cadet
Disheartening supporters is all he's been doing since Prince Sablé got AT'd.
I don't think we need him to get disheartened, the leak seems to be doing a good enough job of that on its own...

I'm not going to say my views are fact, and for that matter, I'd prefer for them to be as far from fact as possible, but that leak is, to me at least, getting increasingly convincing. It IS good to see there are still optimists to balance out the people like me that start despairing.
On the other hand, while these leaks are not officially confirmed, no-one should act as if there's nothing to be worried about, either. While there's nothing definitive that proves it's real, it also hasn't had anything major going against it. Worse yet, the whole Mother series hasn't had anything revealed officially, so it's still in a dubious position even if we disregard the supposed leak.

True, there's no need for pointless negativity, but at this point, I'd say there is plenty to worry about
(And unfortunately, I'm about ready to start sadly bowing to our new tyrant Duck Hunt Dog).

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
I honestly was prepared for him to be cut. He’s a semi-clone of Ness, but now that Dark Pit and Dr. Mario are in the roster his removal feels very unjustified. So, what, you remove Lucas for being a somewhat semi-clone and yet you add in 2 more clones? Lucas is way more unique than Dark Pit and Dr. Mario in every conceivable way.

Just awful.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I honestly was prepared for him to be cut. He’s a semi-clone of Ness, but now that Dark Pit and Dr. Mario are in the roster his removal feels very unjustified. So, what, you remove Lucas for being a somewhat semi-clone and yet you add in 2 more clones? Lucas is way more unique than Dark Pit and Dr. Mario in every conceivable way.
Just awful.
So, it seems some people on Smash Boards are not going to wait on Official word from Sakurai before jumping the gun eh?

You guys are already claiming characters are cut without official statements from Sakurai himself.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Not really, since the only truly convincing piece of evidence the leakers have is the Bowser Jr. videos, and I am still skeptical on Bowser Jr. and Shulk's videos.

I am basing this on what is shown and what I have heard some leakers say, there tends to be so many leakers and some sources get tossed around so much, that is hard to follow sometimes.
Still, the way you prove the leaks hardly helping your case at all. Just ask the experienced members there in the group, they'll tell you in great detail why the leaks are real and why they can't be easily debunked with the arguments you have pulled out.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Still, the way you prove the leaks hardly helping your case at all. Just ask the experienced members there in the group, they'll tell you in great detail why the leaks are real and why they can't be easily debunked with the arguments you have pulled out.
Not really.

Just telling me my points are "wrong" don't make them that.

If this is about the Spear Argument back at the Bandanna Dee Threads, then talk about it there.

Or is this: "Its just an outdated copy"?

Your beliefs in this "leak" do not make them real BluePikmin11, instead of telling me I am wrong, indicate why you think I am.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Not really.

Just telling me my points are "wrong" don't make them that.

If this is about the Spear Argument back at the Bandanna Dee Threads, then talk about it there.

Or is this: "Its just an outdated copy"?

Your beliefs in this "leak" do not make them real BluePikmin11, instead of telling me I am wrong, indicate why you think I am.
Then your "arguments" against the "leak" don't make them that either. Were going to have an extremely hard time here if that's the way you want to view leaks and wait till Sakurai officially announces it. You really need to visit the group and ask your arguments there to see if they hold value.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Then your "arguments" against the "leak" don't make them that either. Were going to have an extremely hard time here if that's the way you want to view leaks and wait till Sakurai officially announces it. You really need to visit the group and ask your arguments there to see if they hold value.
Nope.

In response to bold: I posted my reasons why I believe the leaks are false. All you have done was say: "Your 'arguments hold no merit'" without providing reasons as to why my points hold no value.

If my points hold no value then you should disprove them with counter-evidence, not just by clamoring I am wrong.

Again, provide evidence as to why you think I am wrong. I have given you my points multiple times as to why I believe the leaks are false, now it is your turn to defend your opinion.

AlgusUnderdunk

Smash Ace
So, it seems some people on Smash Boards are not going to wait on Official word from Sakurai before jumping the gun eh?

You guys are already claiming characters are cut without official statements from Sakurai himself.
While there has been some proof of NEW and RETURNING characters, there's thus far been absolutely nothing to confirm an absence of any character.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
While there has been some proof of NEW characters, there's thus far been absolutely nothing to confirm an absence of any character.
True, but it is best never to jump the gun without official word from Sakurai himself concerning absent characters.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
Nope.

In response to bold: I posted my reasons why I believe the leaks are false. All you have done was say: "Your 'arguments hold no merit'" without providing reasons as to why my points hold no value.

If my points hold no value then you should disprove them with counter-evidence, not just by clamoring I am wrong.

Again, provide evidence as to why you think I am wrong. I have given you my points multiple times as to why I believe the leaks are false, now it is your turn to defend your opinion.
I'll let you know this.

I've been involved with the "inside" of this leak since it's conception. I know the full story.

It's all one thing. No faking. That CSS is real. Final? Debatable. I don't think it is. But it could be.

It's all real. I've known this for awhile due to other sources, but it's all connected and if one thing is correct, it's all correct.
There's no point in arguing that the video is all that is real, you'll just be making a fool out of yourself till launch.

AlgusUnderdunk

Smash Ace
True, but it is best never to jump the gun without official word from Sakurai himself concerning absent characters.
Well yes. Although even Sakurai has proven to not be entirely reliable on that (I'm looking at YOU Zero Suit Samus).

My only hope regarding Lucas is if he IS cut for whatever reason, that at the very least his model be used as an alternate costume for Ness, and his moves (such as PK Freeze) become Ness's alternate specials so that he's still in the game in some capacity.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I'll let you know this.

I've been involved with the "inside" of this leak since it's conception. I know the full story.

It's all one thing. No faking. That CSS is real. Final? Debatable. I don't think it is. But it could be.

It's all real. I've known this for awhile due to other sources, but it's all connected and if one thing is correct, it's all correct.
There's no point in arguing that the video is all that is real, you'll just be making a fool out of yourself till launch.
Just because one video is true does not make the others true.

All we have been given that was convincing was evidence of Bowser Jr. and Shulk. All the others are debatable.

The CSS is real? If you want to believe it is that is fine, but I still find the positioning of Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina as glaring problems.

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779

All we have been given that was convincing was evidence of Bowser Jr. and Shulk. All the others are debatable.

The CSS is real? If you want to believe it is that is fine, but I still find the positioning of Dr. Mario, Dark Pit, and Lucina as glaring problems.
Those are problems. And there's certainly not enough to suggest that that will not change. Old Build? Not all Characters Unlocked? Just a plain bad design decision? Many things can be attributed to that very unpleasant design choice

I've seen and known more than you have on this whole thing. Trust me when I say it is all true.

AlgusUnderdunk

Smash Ace

Not necessarily glaring, easily remedied! The CSS is modular, can be easily reassembled similar to how Brawl's menu rearranged itself. Plus I like to think keeping things somewhat scrambled keeps people guessing until the last moment.

Blucas

Smash Apprentice
I'll let you know this.

So none veteran has been confirmed being cut so it's just especulation?

The leaked images matches with the leak that had shulk and junior

Morbi

Scavenger
Those are problems. And there's certainly not enough to suggest that that will not change. Old Build? Not all Characters Unlocked? Just a plain bad design decision? Many things can be attributed to that very unpleasant design choice

I've seen and known more than you have on this whole thing. Trust me when I say it is all true.
Not going to happen, there is no reason for us to take your word on it without definitive proof. Honestly, when it comes down to the leak, if one thing is incorrect or falsified... say the DLC list, the entire leak is compromised. There are probably aspects of the leak that are real, and there are certainly more aspects of the leak that are fake (or at least, subject to change).

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

In response to bold: I won't until Sakurai gives official words on matters.

I do have one question though: You say all of these "leaks" are connected right? So if one was disproven then that makes the others disproven as a result correct? Unless you consider some are fake and some are true.

One major reason I disbelieve the "leak":

Even in the 3DS version, the characters have names under their portraits, not the ones that have been selected, but the ones in the selection screen as shown in the 3DS Treehouse footage:

Go to around 2:10.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
In response to bold: I won't until Sakurai gives official words on matters.

I do have one question though: You say all of these "leaks" are connected right? So if one was disproven then that makes the others disproven as a result correct? Unless you consider some are fake and some are true.

One major reason I disbelieve the "leak":

Even in the 3DS version, the characters have names under their portraits, as shown in the 3DS Treehouse footage:

If you're bringing up faulty arguments such as that then there's no reason to continue this.

Depending on the source of the info, one does no discredit them all. It depends on the source.

The video? Yes. Because nothing ever changes in between alpha builds vs later builds.

Not going to happen, there is no reason for us to take your word on it without definitive proof. Honestly, when it comes down to the leak, if one thing is incorrect or falsified... say the DLC list, the entire leak is compromised. There are probably aspects of the leak that are real, and there are certainly more aspects of the leak that are fake (or at least, subject to change).
You'd know the proof if you'd followed this closely enough.

Subject to change? Sure. But not the newcomers.

DLC list in not compromising the leak. The photos/videos were passed around through a group on Skype, until the ass that is "Mother****ing leaker" went and shared it and tried to pretend like he knew DLC.

Again, this is all explained if you follow closely enough.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Not necessarily glaring, easily remedied! The CSS is modular, can be easily reassembled similar to how Brawl's menu rearranged itself. Plus I like to think keeping things somewhat scrambled keeps people guessing until the last moment.
I also find Wario's eye rendering and Mr. Game and Watch as problems, more so in that they look unprofessional.

Morbi

Scavenger
If you're bringing up faulty arguments such as that then there's no reason to continue this.

Depending on the source of the info, one does no discredit them all. It depends on the source.

The video? Yes. Because nothing ever changes in between alpha builds vs later builds.

You'd know the proof if you'd followed this closely enough.

Subject to change? Sure. But not the newcomers.

DLC list in not compromising the leak. The photos/videos were passed around through a group on Skype, until the *** that is "Mother****ing leaker" went and shared it and tried to pretend like he knew DLC.

Again, this is all explained if you follow closely enough.
If there were any objective proof, this would not be in dispute. There is not; however, any definitive proof. We have videos and renders that may or may not have been faked. If you are referring to Mr. Palette having insider information, that is hearsay.

Albeit, I did believe that the DLC leak was the same as the ESRB leak. So I suppose that is my fault.

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman
The DLC list can't be used as evidence against the leak as the leak is confirmed real.

Don't believe me? Here.

Same Miis. Same screen. Same explanation as Sakurai's Miiverse post. Same coins. Same everything. That's part of the leak that's true. Then you have the videos which are tied with the CSS. No, they're not separate. The videos prove the CSS, that's not an opinion that's 100% fact.

Now, the CSS is MOST LIKELY not final, and that's the main thing you guys should think about and not worry over this leaked CSS being real.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

In this post:
were you not contributing that every leak is connected?

If one piece of "evidence" is found false from the same source, all of them is subject to be false and should be taken into consideration as such.

In response to bold: Though that also relates to if things did change. Otherwise you could claim that many other things have changed.

Edit: The major reason I don't think it has changed is because the Demo and Finalized Select Screen from Brawl never changed:

Brawl Demo:

Brawl Final Version:

Last edited:

CaptainQuestion

Smash Cadet
My, this thread is getting very heated. Can't we just all agree that at this point, whatever we choose to believe, there is not yet enough official evidence (such as a character reveal) to conclusively prove OR debunk the leak entirely, beyond a shadow of a doubt?

...what am I even saying, of course we can't. Everyone is much too eager to bombard the opposition with colossal heaps of "I told you so".
Thank god this massive cluster**** will be sorted out in two weeks anyway, whatever the outcome is.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
http://imgur.com/a/PzeCw

-Created 3 days ago, before Sakurai's POTD showing the new Challenge screen.
-Has the new Challenge screen showing the exact same design.

You see, there is more than the videos that make the leak real.
I'll look into that later, but from what is seen they are related to the PotDs, it seems those representing the challenges and the Videos are the pieces of evidence that the "leak" claims.

Though, it is best to wait to see official descriptions of Trophies before saying those are real.

Last edited:

Toologist

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Toologist
3DS FC
0963-1281-8162
Shulk officially confirmed as of 4:00 am PST. Any skepticism about the leak being false should be swept under the rug immediately.

Last edited:

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Looks like my hopes for Lucas are diminishing bit by bit, won't 100% lose hope til the end, but this isn't looking good.

Top Bottom