• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Well there's always Monday, the day after Mother's Anniversary for Lucas's reveal. It could be possible on a Monday considering how much closer we are to the Japanese release of the 3DS version.

J04KlM

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Pichu4SSB4
3DS FC
4940-5417-1674
:ness2: HAPPY 25TH ANNIVERSARY OF MOTHER! :lucas:

It's today, and because of that it would be fantastic to get a reveal tommorow. At least something Mother related.. Sakurai wouldn't just ignore an opportunity like that... right?

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
:ness2: HAPPY 25TH ANNIVERSARY OF MOTHER! :lucas:

It's today, and because of that it would be fantastic to get a reveal tommorow. At least something Mother related.. Sakurai wouldn't just ignore an opportunity like that... right?
Realistically...yeah he would :(

McStylo

Smash Rookie
NNID
McStylo
3DS FC
2020-0268-7687
I wonder what's the hold up with him. Why keep him such a secret? I mean I know Ness is an original smash bros character, but I don't think Sakurai would strip Earthbound/Mother of 2 reps. It'd just be kind of weird. He's not one to cut down the number of reps in a series. I saw a rumor mill thing, and it talks about how they might replace Lucas with Jeff. It seems like Jeff Andonuts would be pretty interesting, and his moveset would be pretty awesome as well. Then again it is a rumor so it's highly likely that it's not true, but it'd definitely be interesting to see you know. Maybe who knows Earthbound/Mother will get 3 reps (highly unlikely though, but wanted)!

KimmotMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kimmotman
3DS FC
3780-9150-0743
Maybe they're saving Lucas for a Masked Man Trailer :p

The Mother Franchise was represented very poorly in Brawl, and I think this is a chance to fix that.

Hopefully 3 Reps, and a lot more trophies please.

Last edited:

McStylo

Smash Rookie
NNID
McStylo
3DS FC
2020-0268-7687

The Mother Franchise was represented very poorly in Brawl, and I think this is a chance to fix that.

Man I wish, I really want a Masked Man trailer as well. He's such a cool character and he'd be perfect for smash bros too.
I agree, the Mother Franchise was very poorly implemented in Brawl. Now they can fix their mistake and do something, and add way more cool stuff for smash. Also a better New Pork City map.
Also I'd love a Saturn Valley map, and a Final Needle map. It'd be really cool to see porky in the background, and the absolute safe capsule get on him. Also maybe if they don't put Lucas or the Masked man in it can show the battle in the background. It'd be kind of like pokemon trainer in the background.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Man I wish, I really want a Masked Man trailer as well. He's such a cool character and he'd be perfect for smash bros too.
I agree, the Mother Franchise was very poorly implemented in Brawl. Now they can fix their mistake and do something, and add way more cool stuff for smash. Also a better New Pork City map.
Also I'd love a Saturn Valley map, and a Final Needle map. It'd be really cool to see porky in the background, and the absolute safe capsule get on him. Also maybe if they don't put Lucas or the Masked man in it can show the battle in the background. It'd be kind of like pokemon trainer in the background.
I would love for MM to be a Smash newcomer, but given the series popularity, and just when it comes to Mother stuff in general, i try not to get my hopes that high up. If this was the real reason Sakurai is taking so long to reveal Ness and Lucas, i would forgive him for taking so long, but i doubt it. I wish that we would've gotten a reveal on the 25th anniversary, but there's always M2's JP 20th anniversary in August.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Is that a Pigtunia in Smash Run?

It's not really doing a Pigtunia thing, plus the cannons, so someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
In chapter 7 of Mother 3 for the first time.

He better comes back.

SeatreasureReturned

Smash Apprentice

I actually think the Mother franchise got lucky with their representation in Brawl. It is not a very big series, yet it had two playable characters, a new stage, an assist, and a new item. Plus a good set of music, and a large role in the Subspace Emissary (including a boss fight!) I was quite pleased. I don't think we'll ever see three characters from this series, as much as I would love the Masked Man. At this point, I am just hoping we get the same amount of stuff as we did in Brawl, because right now, we've got nothing!

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
As we have a good amount of Mother fans in the Shulk supporter conversation, and we had the Pic of the Day with Victini and Xerneas using status changes, we thought about how we could declone Lucas with status change moves. This was my idea for Lucas, and I've gotten a lot of requests to post it here:

Lucas:
B: Offense Up

Basically, charge and your next smash attack gets stronger. Of course, this involves a lot of strategy since you can't charge all the time, and it's just your next smash attack. In the hands of a skilled player, this move could be deadly.
Up B: PK Thunder
I always liked Lucas' PK Thunder a lot. Don't think I would change something here. Note that the weaker DI helps this move a lot.
Side B: Brainshock
Brainshock seems like a pretty fun idea, although it's Kumatora, but it fits the White Mage theme to confuse the enemies. Maybe hit them with a Offense-Up powered Up Smash afterwards?
Down B: PSI Counter
Reflects back anything you don't want to hit you. Affects basically everything, has some lag though, so be careful with using it, similar to Toad. Lucas wants to avoid damage as much as possible since he's a glass-cannon with that moveset, he can potentially do a lot of damage but he's quite light, so a counter would help him a lot.

Lucas just got a gigantic revamp, putting emphasis on strenghtening his smashes to do great damage. Brainshock can help with safely hitting the enemies or to set up some nice combos. However, he's still quite light, and he needs to use the PSI Counter and the Brainshock as versatile defensive tools.

It was really fun designing this moveset; he feels pretty unique now, but what do you guys here think?

Last edited:

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
The only thing that makes Lucas a clone is specials, he's as much a clone as Mario is to Luigi.

The lack of Mother in this game is SERIOUSLY irking me. Something big is coming guys.

I'm hoping we get a Mother trailer, maybe with a reveal of Mother 3.

Think about it, August or September direct, E3 was talking about Mother 3, or had a joke about it, they wouldn't just insult Mother 3 with a joke, and then not do anything right..? RIGHT?! Happened with Star Fox.

Also, with them with-holding our 2 PSI boys, and with there being 2 trailers left, there's gotta be a reason.

There's also gotta be a reason Mother 3 was left in the dark.

I'm HOPING Mother 3 gets revealed in a direct for a western release, then we see a trailer with Lucas saving Ness (since Ness saved him in SSE) and then maybe The Masked Man appears (His moveset is even easy to make, jetpacks, PSI, and an arm cannon). Pretty sure Sakurai might be planning something.

Either that, or we'll see Lucas in a trailer, or Ness, ONE of them has to be, Wii Fit Trainer gets a trailer, so can Mother.

Besides, with only 1-2 more trailers, what other series could they show for a new character besides DK, or Metroid. (Personally I think these 2 won't be getting any new characters)

If Mother 3 gets a western release, I'm expecting that 3rd Mother rep. The fact that Mother did terribly in the west, and now even the Japan only games have a huge fanbase over here, that's HUGE. I doubt we'll be left in the dark this time around guys.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
The only thing that makes Lucas a clone is specials, he's as much a clone as Mario is to Luigi.

The lack of Mother in this game is SERIOUSLY irking me. Something big is coming guys.

I'm hoping we get a Mother trailer, maybe with a reveal of Mother 3.

Think about it, August or September direct, E3 was talking about Mother 3, or had a joke about it, they wouldn't just insult Mother 3 with a joke, and then not do anything right..? RIGHT?! Happened with Star Fox.

Also, with them with-holding our 2 PSI boys, and with there being 2 trailers left, there's gotta be a reason.

There's also gotta be a reason Mother 3 was left in the dark.

I'm HOPING Mother 3 gets revealed in a direct for a western release, then we see a trailer with Lucas saving Ness (since Ness saved him in SSE) and then maybe The Masked Man appears (His moveset is even easy to make, jetpacks, PSI, and an arm cannon). Pretty sure Sakurai might be planning something.

Either that, or we'll see Lucas in a trailer, or Ness, ONE of them has to be, Wii Fit Trainer gets a trailer, so can Mother.

Besides, with only 1-2 more trailers, what other series could they show for a new character besides DK, or Metroid. (Personally I think these 2 won't be getting any new characters)

If Mother 3 gets a western release, I'm expecting that 3rd Mother rep. The fact that Mother did terribly in the west, and now even the Japan only games have a huge fanbase over here, that's HUGE. I doubt we'll be left in the dark this time around guys.

Could you imagine the internet tidal wave if that actually happened?

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Little poll:

Would Lucas get revealed before Ness? What do you think? I would say Ness would get revealed first. Kinda how like Marth was revealed.

I'm still holding out for Lucas, though. So many detractors is really fueling my pessimism. I'm really hoping for him, but I'm starting to worry.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Little poll:

Would Lucas get revealed before Ness? What do you think? I would say Ness would get revealed first. Kinda how like Marth was revealed.

I'm still holding out for Lucas, though. So many detractors is really fueling my pessimism. I'm really hoping for him, but I'm starting to worry.

I'm still hopeful. There's a chance he could be unlockable this time.

PSIguy89

Smash Ace
NNID
PSIguy89
3DS FC
3222-5969-7044
I miss Lucas....i really hope we get to see him soon (as a returning vet)
id prefer to see him first again, as imo that would confirm Ness in a second handed kind of way

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Mother 3 has a place in the hearth of japanese people, so I doubt Lucas wouldn't make it back.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Last edited:

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Why do you have to make me sad? I hate you, gtfo

Btw, your Flint avatar is awesome.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
When I play Mariokart 8, and see Donkey Kong sitting there in the character selection screen with no Diddy or Funky to keep him company, I feel as thought he's now part of an incomplete set.

That is the same way I'll feel if Lucas is cut... Ness will seem like 1 half of a whole.

Their specials operate pretty much the same, but their A attacks and aerials are unique enough that they feel completely different from each other. (MUCH more unique than any of the Starfox characters...)

So this guy is REALLY hoping to see Lucas, along with Ness, returning to Smash.

CaptainQuestion

Smash Cadet
To be completely honest, I'm very fond of Lucas, but I'd be fine with Kumatora taking his place (not that that would ever happen).

I'm also a little confused about why exactly everyone seems to consider Masked Man a great newcomer idea. I mean, isn't he a bit of a walking spoiler? And we all know how many people have never played Mother 3...
In fact, Duster would be my top pick for a Mother newcomer. Seems like he could be interesting.

Actually, to be more realistic, the bottom line is: I'd very much like to see both Duster and Kumatora, at least as trophies. The Mother series had so few trophies in Brawl, and those two specifically don't even have an official appearance that's more detailed than the overworld sprites... I want to know what they're supposed to look like.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
To be completely honest, I'm very fond of Lucas, but I'd be fine with Kumatora taking his place (not that that would ever happen).

I'm also a little confused about why exactly everyone seems to consider Masked Man a great newcomer idea. I mean, isn't he a bit of a walking spoiler? And we all know how many people have never played Mother 3...
In fact, Duster would be my top pick for a Mother newcomer. Seems like he could be interesting.

Actually, to be more realistic, the bottom line is: I'd very much like to see both Duster and Kumatora, at least as trophies. The Mother series had so few trophies in Brawl, and those two specifically don't even have an official appearance that's more detailed than the overworld sprites... I want to know what they're supposed to look like.
Well, first off, Masked Man has a pretty wide variety of tools in his arsenal that would set him apart from Lucas and Ness, and change the staple(to Smash bros. fans) of Mother only being about Psychic children(and yes, i know MM has Psychic powers himself, but let me go over his other moves).

He has his Laser Cannon and Lightsword, along with the Shield Killer. He could use the Cannon and shield killer as special moves, while the lightsword could be incorporated into his smash, normal ground/aerial attack and tilts. He also has his wings which could let him have multiple jumps and good aerial game. He also has Psychic powers, and he could probably incorporate them into some of his attacks like Lucas heavily does, and his Final Smash could be his One Hit KO Lightning move.

Sure, we could have Kumatora, but i mean, Lucas basically has most of her offensive PSI moves, and her having more offensive PSI than Lucas was the main gimmick about her gameplay wise in Mother 3. There's not really much Sakurai could do with her that hasn't already been done with Lucas and Ness. Duster on the other hand, could probably be a more unique character with all of his thief tools, although i honestly would prefer Jeff or Masked Man.

As for the "Walking spoiler thing", as long as Sakurai doesn't say anything about his relation to Lucas in his trophy description, or his true identity(he could hint at it, but if he doesn't directly say it, it'd be fine), then there's not much of a problem. I mean, the only thing that would give away his connection to Lucas other than that would be if he took his mask off as a taunt or something. Also, another reason alot of people want MM over some other Mother representatives is because people would rather have a villain Mother rep. rather than just another Protagonist(which is what the majority of the candidates for Mother reps. are). Sure, there's Porky, but he was already a boss in Brawl, i kinda doubt Sakurai would use him, even if he is a valid candidate.

Last edited:

CaptainQuestion

Smash Cadet
Well, first off, Masked Man has a pretty wide variety of tools in his arsenal that would set him apart from Lucas and Ness, and change the staple(to Smash bros. fans) of Mother only being about Psychic children(and yes, i know MM has Psychic powers himself, but let me go over his other moves).

He has his Laser Cannon and Lightsword, along with the Shield Killer. He could use the Cannon and shield killer as special moves, while the lightsword could be incorporated into his smash, normal ground/aerial attack and tilts. He also has his wings which could let him have multiple jumps and good aerial game. He also has Psychic powers, and he could probably incorporate them into some of his attacks like Lucas heavily does, and his Final Smash could be his One Hit KO Lightning move.

Sure, we could have Kumatora, but i mean, Lucas basically has most of her offensive PSI moves, and her having more offensive PSI than Lucas was the main gimmick about her gameplay wise in Mother 3. There's not really much Sakurai could do with her that hasn't already been done with Lucas and Ness. Duster on the other hand, could probably be a more unique character with all of his thief tools, although i honestly would prefer Jeff or Masked Man.

As for the "Walking spoiler thing", as long as Sakurai doesn't say anything about his relation to Lucas in his trophy description, or his true identity(he could hint at it, but if he doesn't directly say it, it'd be fine), then there's not much of a problem. I mean, the only thing that would give away his connection to Lucas other than that would be if he took his mask off as a taunt or something. Also, another reason alot of people want MM over some other Mother representatives is because people would rather have a villain Mother rep. rather than just another Protagonist(which is what the majority of the candidates for Mother reps. are). Sure, there's Porky, but he was already a boss in Brawl, i kinda doubt Sakurai would use him, even if he is a valid candidate.

Wait, what are those two images at the bottom of your post supposed to be? I can't see them.

Anyway, I see where you're coming from with the Masked Man, and you certainly make sense, but I think I'm still going to stick with liking Duster more. I tend to prefer some more visual variety along with original moves, and since MM still looks VERY similar to Lucas underneath the mask... Well, him being a villain doesn't really change too much for me. Besides, I can't really imagine his movement to be too different from Lucas either, he can't be that much heavier or faster, right?

And Kumatora... well, yes, that's sort of what I meant: of course they couldn't do much with her that's different from Ness and Lucas, which is why I'd be fine with her taking over Lucas' place and moveset (maybe with Final Smash PK Ground), since all of those moves are hers anyway. Maybe Lucas could then get a more accurate moveset involving buffs -we know those are possible now with WFT- and PK Love. In any case, I doubt it's actually a possibility, so you don't have to take this too seriously.

In the end, I think if Ness and Lucas are back, they'll be the same, and if another Mother newcomer were to join, it wouldn't be a PK kid, and he'd be from EarthBound, not Mother 3 ( because more global appeal, release on Virtual Console).
So my guess is it'd be Jeff, and what do you know: he was an assist trophy too, making him even more likely.
What would REALLY get me upset would be Ness and Jeff in place of Lucas, though - focusing all of the Mother series on solely EarthBound.
That'd really be the final nail in Mother 3's coffin, so to speak.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Wait, what are those two images at the bottom of your post supposed to be? I can't see them.

Anyway, I see where you're coming from with the Masked Man, and you certainly make sense, but I think I'm still going to stick with liking Duster more. I tend to prefer some more visual variety along with original moves, and since MM still looks VERY similar to Lucas underneath the mask... Well, him being a villain doesn't really change too much for me. Besides, I can't really imagine his movement to be too different from Lucas either, he can't be that much heavier or faster, right?

And Kumatora... well, yes, that's sort of what I meant: of course they couldn't do much with her that's different from Ness and Lucas, which is why I'd be fine with her taking over Lucas' place and moveset (maybe with Final Smash PK Ground), since all of those moves are hers anyway. Maybe Lucas could then get a more accurate moveset involving buffs -we know those are possible now with WFT- and PK Love. In any case, I doubt it's actually a possibility, so you don't have to take this too seriously.

In the end, I think if Ness and Lucas are back, they'll be the same, and if another Mother newcomer were to join, it wouldn't be a PK kid, and he'd be from EarthBound, not Mother 3 ( because more global appeal, release on Virtual Console).
So my guess is it'd be Jeff, and what do you know: he was an assist trophy too, making him even more likely.
What would REALLY get me upset would be Ness and Jeff in place of Lucas, though - focusing all of the Mother series on solely EarthBound.
That'd really be the final nail in Mother 3's coffin, so to speak.
I honestly don't know what those two images on my post are. :\ I wish i knew, it bugs me sometimes.

Thanks, and i respect your opinion. Duster could definitely be a great candidate, and i wouldn't mind seeing him take the spot, but if you don't mind, i'll stick to MM. I think he has enough to differiente him from Lucas. Sure, he looks the same(not that it matters, we wouldn't see what's under his mask during gameplay), and he'd probably be about the same movement and weight wise, but i think it's really the Moves and attacks he has that matters. I mean, Ness is about the same as Lucas when it comes to heaviness and speed, so i don't think it matters for MM. And i think the Villain thing would be fine, The roster in Smash kind of doesn't have enough villains in my opinion, but that's another matter.

Oh, nevermind then, i misunderstood you. Lucas could get a more buff oriented moveset, given that his Psychic moves in M3 comprise mostly of buffs and healing, with PK Love and Flash thrown in the mix, but i think Project M did it best with him just having one buff and mostly reprising his other attacks. I would love to see him have Offensive Up in Smash 4.

I understand that it'd be a better choice to represent Earthbound with the newcomer rather than Mother 3, given it's popularity and success on VC, but i think if there's going to be any chance of Mother 3 coming to the U.S. to join EB, it needs more representation than EB does, which is kind of why i would prefer an M3 newcomer more to an EB Newcomer. Someone like MM or Duster would get more people who main them to look into M3 and help spread awareness of that altogether. Although, realistically, an EB Newcomer is more likely. And yeah, i would be upset if that happened aswell, it would really anger the Mother 3 fans, including yself.

Last edited:

Big wow

Smash Rookie
I love Lucas and he's pretty good, but I think he's going to get cut. If he does get cut, and even if he isn't, I think they should add the masked man. His attacks would be very different so that's a plus. He could use his arm cannon, Beam Sword, Retractable Bat Wings in his Cape, and his ability to use Psi Abilities. All of those powers combined could make him a unique mother character. Another reason to add him is if Lucas gets cut, they would only have 1 mother character so they would need more. Instead of kumatora whose attacks would be alike ness's. Sure there are other characters that could be good, but the masked man would be very diverse and a good choice in my opinion.

Last edited:

Rymi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kuratis64
3DS FC
2363-6076-5143
Switch FC
3858-7901-1006
I love Lucas and he's pretty good, but I think he's going to get cut because his attacks are just like Ness's and Ness is an original. If he does get cut, and even if he isn't, I think they should add the masked man. His attacks would be very different so that's a plus. He could use his arm cannon, Beam Sword, Retractable Bat Wings in his Cape, and his ability to use Psi Abilities. All of those powers combined could make him a unique mother character. Another reason to add him is if Lucas gets cut, they would only have 1 mother character so they would need more. Instead of kumatora whose attacks would be alike ness's. Sure there are other characters that could be good, but the masked man would be very diverse and a good choice in my opinion.
if lucases is similar to ness then that means falcos cut as well since his attacks are like foxes

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I love Lucas and he's pretty good, but I think he's going to get cut because his attacks are just like Ness's
I'm gonna reply to you the exact same thing I said to someone else on the Ness thread:

Moves Lucas shares with Ness:

Up aerial
Forward Smash
PK Thunder
PK Fire
PSI Magnet

And the last 3 don't even function the same on-hit.

He is not almost full clone Edit: His attacks aren't "just like Ness's,", he's being cut for the same reason Wolf might be--it'd be more work for Sakurai to make Lucas the unique clone he is than it would be to just make a lot of closer clones like Falco, Toon Link, Dr. Mario and Ganondorf, as much as that may suck.

CaptainQuestion

Smash Cadet
Mother 3 music is one of the reasons why Lucas deserves to have his own character slot.
I'm particularly fond of "F-f-fire!" myself, but it's too short and insignificant overall to have a chance to be in.
Either way, pretty much any Mother 3 track is a welcome addition.

Also, I'm still not completely sold on Masked Man, and I especially think it's very unlikely for him to replace Lucas. I mean, we all know villains generally have a lower chance of getting in than heroes, so imagine making it in OVER the hero from the same game... Ness and Masked Man as the 2 Mother reps don't make sense if you ask me.
It'd be like if the Mario series had Mario and then King Boo instead of Luigi (an enemy Luigi faced, not Mario)...

Ok, it's not exactly the same, but I hope you get what I mean about it seeming a strange choice.

SaberPichu

Smash Cadet
I really hope Lucas is in the game. I just liked playing as him more than Ness, and without him there would be a hole in the game with me. (That and I really want a Lucas Amiibo...)

If he does get cut, and even if he isn't, I think they should add the masked man.
Also, I'm still not completely sold on Masked Man, and I especially think it's very unlikely for him to replace Lucas. I mean, we all know villains generally have a lower chance of getting in than heroes, so imagine making it in OVER the hero from the same game... Ness and Masked Man as the 2 Mother reps don't make sense if you ask me.
It'd be like if the Mario series had Mario and then King Boo instead of Luigi (an enemy Luigi faced, not Mario)...
Here, let me make your analogy easier. It would be like if Zoda from Startropics got in, but not Mike Jones because there was already a psychic, yo-yo wielding, baseball bat swinging kid. They just settled with someone who is close enough.

Having the Masked Man without Lucas, kind of defeats the whole point of the Masked Man. He really can't exist without Lucas.

As for any spoilers that may bring, I don't think spoiling the game is much of a problem.
1. Historically, Smash has no problem with Spoilers. They had no problem revealing Sheik being Princess Zelda, which was supposed to be a giant twist in Ocarina of Time way back in 1998. Melee was released 3 years later.
2. Brawl kind of sort of spoiled everything else about the game. Porky, in SSE. New Pork City, all of the other late game stuff.
3. It's been 8 years since Mother 3's release date. And 6 or 5 since the translation patch was released. At this point, anyone who cares enough has either played it, or found out through other means.

Big wow

Smash Rookie
I really hope Lucas is in the game. I just liked playing as him more than Ness, and without him there would be a hole in the game with me. (That and I really want a Lucas Amiibo...)

Here, let me make your analogy easier. It would be like if Zoda from Startropics got in, but not Mike Jones because there was already a psychic, yo-yo wielding, baseball bat swinging kid. They just settled with someone who is close enough.

Having the Masked Man without Lucas, kind of defeats the whole point of the Masked Man. He really can't exist without Lucas.

As for any spoilers that may bring, I don't think spoiling the game is much of a problem.
1. Historically, Smash has no problem with Spoilers. They had no problem revealing Sheik being Princess Zelda, which was supposed to be a giant twist in Ocarina of Time way back in 1998. Melee was released 3 years later.
2. Brawl kind of sort of spoiled everything else about the game. Porky, in SSE. New Pork City, all of the other late game stuff.
3. It's been 8 years since Mother 3's release date. And 6 or 5 since the translation patch was released. At this point, anyone who cares enough has either played it, or found out through other means.
Yes I said that if he's cut, I want the masked man in, but I also said, even if he isn't cut, they should add him. I just think he might get cut because his attacks are a little bit like Ness's and Ness is an original. They still should add one character because there are still two. Just saying if he is or isn't cut, they should still add the masked man. I mean, bowser, wolf, and ganondorf (bad guys from the series) made it into brawl so I don't see why they shouldn't add the masked man. He would be a very diverse character and I think it would be a good addition.

Last edited:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
It's Ness, or Ness and Lucas. Most likely and hopefully the latter.

As much as I want the Masked Man, there is no point in adding another Mother character, as most just want the two kids back. I mean, even getting Lucas is a hope (REALLY hoping I'd get him back, and I do think I will).

General-Guy

Smash Cadet
The fact that we haven't received anything Mother related at all is suspicious. I used to think that we would get something on Mother's 25th anniversary, but what about Earthbound's 20th? The 20th anniversary of Earthbound is in 10 days after all. I know I'm grasping here, but why haven't we received anything from a beloved franchise? All we have is 2 items that werent even shown off in the offical POTDs. Also I don't think Lucas will be cut, as Sakurai has said that he is trying not to cut as many characters as he can, and for a series with such a cult following as Earthbound I can't believe he would leave us with only one character. Ness is of course returning, but with this silence on the series from Sakurai is something big coming?

Top Bottom