• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
Mother 3 is unpopular only because it doesn't have a release in America. I would still rate it as the #1 RPG I've ever played and the best video game I've ever played. Lucas is still a really good candidate, it's just that not many people know who he is.

...yet.

I don't know why I added that yet in. XD

FyrianFate

Smash Apprentice
Well now we know the leak isn't reliable, he has about as much chances of getting in as Ike did

Yams

Smash Journeyman
I would be surprised and somewhat sad if Sakurai decided to add Lucina, who is a clone, and just totally ignore Lucas, who could easily be different from Ness. That just doesn't seem right to me.

KimmotMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kimmotman
3DS FC
3780-9150-0743
If Mewtwo is a returning veteran with a trailer, It'd be interesting to see Lucas, Ness, and maybe Ninten (a clone like Lucina) fighting him together. Since they're all psychic and his design is very similar to Giygas' original form :p.

D

Deleted member

I had plenty faith in Lucas before, but now that Lucina is confirmed to be a Marth clone, there is absolutely no reason for Lucas not to be in the game. Get ready guys. Lucas in HD.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
As stated before, if Fire Emblem can have four characters, two newcomers and two that are clones then there is absolutely no good reason not to have two Mother reps, both veterans, return.

Wonder what Lucas will look like.
True to his Brawl self, or completely revamped?

Last edited:

KimmotMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kimmotman
3DS FC
3780-9150-0743
As stated before, if Fire Emblem can have four characters, two newcomers and two that are clones then there is absolutely no good reason not to have two Mother reps, both veterans, return.

Wonder what Lucas will look like.
True to his Brawl self, or completely revamped?
And Lucas's entire set of neutral moves are very original to consider him a true clone like Lucina and Toon Link.

I'm sure he'll look like his Brawl self, just colored diifferently to fit the new game.

IonProductionz

Smash Cadet
Sakurai was definitely not afraid to not only add 4 characters for the Fire Emblem series, but a clone as well.
I think it's fair to say as long as the Gemastu leak has been shot down, Lucas still has his fair chance at coming back.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Lucas Supporter here. Even when Gematsu part 3 came out and before the leak got debunked, I doubted it because it felt too fishy. But now I'm convinced he's in. Even better is the PotD that debunked the theory used around by some people that Lucas could be an alt costume for Ness.

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
I play characters, not movesets. While I absolutely want to see Lucas return with all his moves intact, I would rather see him playable in some capacity than completely absent. I still think it would be interesting to merge the two characters, picking the best moves from each, and have both Ness and Lucas as costumes. The only thing I would be really disappointed with would be a Lucas costume without matching voice clips.

But I'm still hoping for his full return, of course.

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I'm the opposite. Making Lucas a Ness costume would spit in the face of the fans who liked playing as him in Brawl.

Make Lucas a separate character from Ness (unique or as a clone like last time, I don't care), or spare him the embarrassment of being degraded to being a costume and just leave him not playable the game entirely.

But hey, whatever floats your boat, I guess.

EndlessChrom

Smash Rookie
This would be awesome :D
I would be very angry if Lucas is cut and that even femalier Marth is in. Lucas is more unique than Lucina.
I hope we will see our psi boys soon...

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm hoping for Lucas to be revealed next week to coincide with Mother's anniversary on the 27th(It's a Sunday so maybe Friday or Monday). And have Ness revealed around Earthbound's anniversary in August, maybe in the speculated direct?

Last edited:

Silverjay323

Smash Journeyman
I'm hoping for Lucas to be revealed next week to coincide with Mother's anniversary on the 27th(It's a Sunday so maybe Friday or Monday). And have Ness revealed around Earthbound's anniversary in August, maybe in the speculated direct?
It very well be on that Sunday since it's the last day of Comic-Con and Nintendo promised some special "surprises" there on the Smash Facebook page. Let's hope.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
I'm still impatiently waiting for a Lucas reveal. Maybe this Friday since it's near the Mother anniversary, or maybe at SDCC (I'm not too sure we'd see a character, though). He needs to be shown off, I'm getting antsy.

Honestly, Lucas is my most anticipated return.

Speculator

Smash Ace
If it's one or the other then it's Ness, definitely, but the thing is there's no reason it should be one or the other.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
Ness is certainly more iconic than Lucas. I think having an international release does in fact give Ness an upper hand. But Lucas still has a wonderful chance.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Osohe? Interesting idea. Would it be inside the castle or outside, I wonder? Probably the ghosts or zombies could make an appearance as hazards.

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Lucas' chances are low at all. I see no real reason Sakurai would lower a series' representation - since he's only ever done so with Dr. Mario before - and especially not one with only two reps in the first place. To give Mother a boost from single rep to two, then take that away the very next game would be pretty silly in my mind. Of course nothing is certain, but I would be at least a little surprised if Lucas were cut.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
At this point, I desperately want Lucas to return. There's just no legitimate reason to pull the plug on him. The only thing that would happen if he was cut is the same effect Mewtwo getting cut from Brawl had.

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman
Lucas really has even less of a reason to cut than Mewtwo did. I'm not saying per se that Mewtwo was a prime cut candidate, but at least he was part of a series that was already pushing the maximum number of representatives, meaning there would likely have to be cuts to add new characters to that series. Lucas is part of a series with two, so there's not even any danger there.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm crossing my fingers Lucas is revealed on the PoTD tomorrow.

KimmotMan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kimmotman
3DS FC
3780-9150-0743
I'm hoping Lucas will announced first, I mean it is guaranteed Ness will come back. If any of them were cut, it would reduce the Mother Reps, which would do the Mother franchise injustice. They've never reduced the amount of characters per franchise in a Smash game so far (Except for Dr. Mario who was possibly replaced with Wario in Brawl).

Ness is most likely a Secret character with Jigglypuff, to keep at least two Secret characters from the original locked.
That being said, I hope Lucas gets announced in one of the new trailers, maybe if we're lucky, we can get his Brother to be playable too? Wishful thinking.

Catydoll409

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Catydoll409
3DS FC
0130-1839-1312
If any of them were cut, it would reduce the Mother Reps, which would do the Mother franchise injustice.
That's pretty much exactly how I feel. Natural bias aside, I feel as though the Mother series needs as much love and representation as it can get. That being said, while I don't expect a third Mother rep, I don't expect either little Lucas or Ness to get x'd off.

However...

maybe if we're lucky, we can get his Brother to be playable too? Wishful thinking.
Very wishful thinking. Not that I'm outright disagreeing with you, but the chances of that are slim at best. Porky'd probably be a more likely choice, but I wouldn't mind Claus being playable in the slightest.

C3CC

Smash Lord
I will just sit and wait patiently for Lucas' return. I know he's coming back, and the best part won't be just being able to play as him again, but being able to laugh at the faces of all the people who think he won't come back or don't want him to return. That will be delicious.

Top Bottom