• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

Tikao

Smash Ace
I'm already one of you all, i just said i need to play mother 3 AGAIN
But there will never be enough mother 3 in my life

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Actually, with that topic up, which character and game do you guys prefer out of the three?

I mean, asking this in the Lucas social will make answers a bit more skewered to Lucas, but whatever.

On that note, Lucas + Mother 3 for me!

Drippy

Smash Ace
Actually, with that topic up, which character and game do you guys prefer out of the three?

I mean, asking this in the Lucas social will make answers a bit more skewered to Lucas, but whatever.

Definitely Mother 3 + Lucas. Mother 3 is one of the few games that have made me felt so emotional and overall I love the visuals and bigger emphasis on story in this game compared to the other Mother games.

I'm already one of you all, i just said i need to play mother 3 AGAIN
But there will never be enough mother 3 in my life
I meant on joining the hype train, a lot of people are picking up / replaying Mother 3 because of Lucas. :p

DarkDrifloon

Smash Cadet
NNID
NintenNessDerek
Definitely Mother 3 + Lucas. Mother 3 is one of the few games that have made me felt so emotional and overall I love the visuals and bigger emphasis on story in this game compared to the other Mother games.

I meant on joining the hype train, a lot of people are picking up / replaying Mother 3 because of Lucas. :p
Like me for example :p

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Lucas + Mother 3 I'd say. Pretty much tied with Earthbound though.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form

Lucas + Mother 3. Lucas is actually my favorite video game character of all time.

Haven't played Mother 1, though, so can't judge Ninten fairly.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
I like how Mother 3 showed Lucas' emotions in the plot, in contrast to Mother 1 and 2, where Ninten and Ness just felt like robots in disguise with a little effort to make them seem emotional.

It's the kind of character development you expected to see as games got better but it still felt really nice on a Mother game.

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace
I like how Mother 3 showed Lucas' emotions in the plot, in contrast to Mother 1 and 2, where Ninten and Ness just felt like robots in disguise with a little effort to make them seem emotional.

It's the kind of character development you expected to see as games got better but it still felt really nice on a Mother game.
Mother 1 and 2 are like the Shin Megami Tensei games. You make up the personality of the character or at least that's how I think the other Mother games are, though the difference with the SMT games is the choices you make actually have a impact on the ending which is why I don't like the fact that Mother 1 / 2 don't have much character development or character interaction between the party members.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Is it iOS app?
I'm eventually going to try to play Hanafuda again, Summer Wars (an anime movie if you didn't) reinvigorated my interest in the game again.

What is your FC?
I mostly play on the Wii U version now.
Yep, it's iOS. It's easy to find, being one of the only ones on the App store.

My 3DS FC and my NNID are in my profile.

Shaymikyu

We do get a little glimpse into Ness' character in Magicant, mainly by how everyone he envisions reacts to him.

Drippy

Smash Ace
By the way has anyone...
noticed this about the ending?

The top image is the logo in the beginning and the bottom image is the logo after you beat the game. I think it really supports the ending that me and another user here was talking about and how the dragon wiped out all the evil on the planet and essentially restored the Earth to it's natural / previous state because the first image represents the chimeras (mixing nature with the machines) while the second image is now covered in all nature.

Last edited:

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
By the way has anyone...
noticed this about the ending?

The top image is the logo in the beginning and the bottom image is the logo after you beat the game. I think it really supports the ending that me and another user here was talking about and how the dragon wiped out all the evil on the planet and essentially restored the Earth to it's natural / previous state because the first image represents the chimeras (mixing nature with the machines) while the second image is now covered in all nature.
I read into that the other day, it's really cool and I didn't notice til recently. ~

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Is it iOS app?
I'm eventually going to try to play Hanafuda again, Summer Wars (an anime movie if you didn't) reinvigorated my interest in the game again.

What is your FC?
I mostly play on the Wii U version now.
I've seen and loved Summer Wars! I used it as part of my early research on a major work I did a year ago. :D

Why not the garbage monsters? They gave 6.6k instead of like 4k and you one-shot them either way.
I am! Both of them are great. :3

Hey, what happens when it says something like "You felt a warm feeling in your heart"? It happened to me when I got a Secret Herb from a Pigmask. Right now I'm at the Pork Trooper, and he was just the easiest boss so far, since you just have to do that thing... Anyway, can I make very quick newbie question here? How do I put spoilers on my posts?
I think it's just meant to be a quirky thing. You know, like the present boxes with the music in them.

As for spoilers- <spoiler=Title of Spoiler>Message.</spoiler> But with [ and ] in place of < and >.
Like so.
The other way you can do it is 'collapse' and '/collapse' at the beginning and end of your spoilers, with [] around them like so:
I remember getting a warm feeling too but I can't remember what it means. :p

Also, on the topic of favourites,

I'm very literally tied between Mother 3 and Earthbound right now. Like the others I haven't played Mother 1 so I can't give Ninten a fair chance so we'll say Mother 1 is a wild card and toss it up between 2 and 3. I love the areas in EB a lot, they feel really fun to travel in (lost underworld feels more exotic than anything Mother 3 has pulled off so far, even the undersea area) but at the same time I love the cool and emotional cutscenes of Mother 3. That first time we verse MM is intense, I love how the lightning pushes him back, so instead he lunges at you with that twinkle, it's just really goooood.

But I don't think it's fair to count EB out in terms of character development. Ness get s a lot of it in Magicant and a massive amount again at the very end of the game, where just about everyone suddenly has different responses - "I remember you used to look a lot more helpless." showcases the journey of growing up that Ness takes which is, in many ways, the point of the story. The letters do too, although these showcase the other characters in the story as much as the main protagonists as well. Look at Mom's note to Ness at the very very end: "I heard you beat some universal monster, what was his name? Googi? Gygoo? Oh well, I can't wait for you to come home and tell me all about it." (it's not exactly that but it's similar) This is the biggest mum thing, it made me laugh and smile. I dunno about you guys but I liked the character development they put in to EB. I thought it was pretty subtle, Ness himself rarely talked but you could definitely see personality I thought, even when he was just standing there in a fuzzy pickles pose!

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace
I've seen and loved Summer Wars! I used it as part of my early research on a major work I did a year ago. :D

I am! Both of them are great. :3

The other way you can do it is 'collapse' and '/collapse' at the beginning and end of your spoilers, with [] around them like so:
I remember getting a warm feeling too but I can't remember what it means. :p
I found it much faster to just go to the area where you heal, find garbage monster, kill and exit area on the right and quickly enter back. There's so much time wasted cause you have to click PK Love / PK Starstorm then all the attacks for the other characters and then the turns and animations.

Also @ Aunt Jemima Aunt Jemima you may be proud to know that I am playing Kirby : Nightmare in Dreamland. I'm excited to unlock Metaknight because I haven't played this the GBA (and I wasn't even the one who beat it, it was my brother)

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Yay! That's great. Kirby games are amazing, but they're really, REALLY short. Not much story, either, but they don't really need it. Although, the one game that sorta had a story (Triple Deluxe) turned out to be the best in the past forever, so... maybe that's saying something.

Also, I finally started Mother 3 up again and grinded a bit. Too much Smash 4 for me... I just can't wait for Lucas. I finally beat the first Masked Man fight, lol. It was really weird, though. How much HP does he have? All my party members ended up dying while I was taking care of Lucas, but I ended up with a huge amount of PP left when they all died. I just spammed PK Love, Life Up, and Bash while I only had 68 health left. I was certain I'd lose after losing the other members so fast... but Lucas just tanked through the fight?

I got the Mystical Stick on the last Heavyhead I was grinding against, though. Maybe that's why Lucas could finish the whole boss himself. I was only level 47 across the board, too.

GUYS. IT'S A SIGN. LUCAS U-SMASH IS GONNA BE EVEN MORE OP THAN BRAWL.

Grinding against garbage can monster things in the spot you mentioned, Drippy. It's really hard grinding here while Boney barks... I want to finish up already to get him. I miss Boney so much and it's only been like five minutes...

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Yay! That's great. Kirby games are amazing, but they're really, REALLY short. Not much story, either, but they don't really need it. Although, the one game that sorta had a story (Triple Deluxe) turned out to be the best in the past forever, so... maybe that's saying something.

Also, I finally started Mother 3 up again and grinded a bit. Too much Smash 4 for me... I just can't wait for Lucas. I finally beat the first Masked Man fight, lol. It was really weird, though. How much HP does he have? All my party members ended up dying while I was taking care of Lucas, but I ended up with a huge amount of PP left when they all died. I just spammed PK Love, Life Up, and Bash while I only had 68 health left. I was certain I'd lose after losing the other members so fast... but Lucas just tanked through the fight?

I got the Mystical Stick on the last Heavyhead I was grinding against, though. Maybe that's why Lucas could finish the whole boss himself. I was only level 47 across the board, too.

Grinding against garbage can monster things in the spot you mentioned, Drippy. It's really hard grinding here while Boney barks... I want to finish up already to get him. I miss Boney so much and it's only been like five minutes...
Go get Boney! You don't have to verse any boss and you want Boney to level up with you. :p

I'm currently grinding there too, but with Boney. That particular boss we all know is gonna show up is at the entrance when you leave so you don't need to worry about him for grinding purposes.

Tikao

Smash Ace
Also, on the topic of favourites,

I'm very literally tied between Mother 3 and Earthbound right now. Like the others I haven't played Mother 1 so I can't give Ninten a fair chance so we'll say Mother 1 is a wild card and toss it up between 2 and 3. I love the areas in EB a lot, they feel really fun to travel in (lost underworld feels more exotic than anything Mother 3 has pulled off so far, even the undersea area) but at the same time I love the cool and emotional cutscenes of Mother 3. That first time we verse MM is intense, I love how the lightning pushes him back, so instead he lunges at you with that twinkle, it's just really goooood.

But I don't think it's fair to count EB out in terms of character development. Ness get s a lot of it in Magicant and a massive amount again at the very end of the game, where just about everyone suddenly has different responses - "I remember you used to look a lot more helpless." showcases the journey of growing up that Ness takes which is, in many ways, the point of the story. The letters do too, although these showcase the other characters in the story as much as the main protagonists as well. Look at Mom's note to Ness at the very very end: "I heard you beat some universal monster, what was his name? Googi? Gygoo? Oh well, I can't wait for you to come home and tell me all about it." (it's not exactly that but it's similar) This is the biggest mum thing, it made me laugh and smile. I dunno about you guys but I liked the character development they put in to EB. I thought it was pretty subtle, Ness himself rarely talked but you could definitely see personality I thought, even when he was just standing there in a fuzzy pickles pose!
That pretty much sums up everything I'd say about that, so I'll just quote it.

Mother 1 can be realy frustrating, but it is awesome non the less.
The characters there don't have a lot of character development, so Earthbound and Mother 3 a better in that aspect too.
But i somehow ended up liking Ninten.
People always see him as "that Ness clone", but actually it is the other way around, plus, since the character development is missing, ninten can be everything you want, he is what you imagine him to be. For some reason, everywhere you see something about Ninten on the internet that is connected to his personality, he is realy into Oreos, this became like a fact now, and i don't even know why, there is nothing like that in the game and I'm not even sure if Oreos where well known in the 1980s or even existed.

I also love Ness and Lucas for various reasons we all know, but picking a favorite Earthbound/Mother character is like picking your favorite child.

so favorite games : EB, Mother3
favorite protagonist : Everyone

Drippy

Smash Ace

Uhh you get him and grind afterwards... There's just some talking when you get Boney and then you start grinding after you're done lol and that's good to hear about the Kirby games, I don't want to have to play them in a order or anything. Also that's how every boss fight is with me, it's simply to hard to keep your party alive until you get the Life Up that heals all. Do you know anything about the Metroid games? I want to get into that series and the Donkey Kong series.

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Okay so I have PK Ground, why exactly is it so game-breaking? It does about the same as PK Starstorm no? Maybe slightly less even? 5 x 120 is 600 so I'm not sure if there's something I'm missing about the move or not haha.

I'm currently fighting hippo launchers now, though I'm considering just bypassing them and trying to go straight for Porky seeing as my party's all at level 60, I have up to date gear and plenty of super bombs for Duster and Boney to do something other than twiddle their thumbs for half the fight.

I haven't played too many Metroid games myself except for Other M, which on its own is a pretty fine game it's just it doesn't fit with the idea of Metroid very well and probably shouldn't have been a Metroid game, or else it should have had some story changes to accommodate Samus' personality because other than that I loved the scenery and basically what the game had to offer.

As for the Donkey Kong series, play them. I've played DKC 1, 2, 3 and returns and although I think the original trilogy is a teensy bit better than returns, I still love all of them a lot. Tidal Terror is my favourite area in DKCR and it's freaking awesome, it's a beach level where you have to take cover from these crazy tidal waves by hiding behind whatever you can at regular intervals, and a lot of the level focuses around getting bananas and other goodies before the tide washes them away. It's a bit stressful but if you have a lot of lives you figure out the patterns and work with them, and the music and scenery just looks soooooo stunningly pretty, and there's also some less stressful parts where you go into rock caves and... Yeah the whole area is just such a blast. <3

EDIT:
Gaaaaah I just ended the battle with Porky and I got to the final frog and now I'm getting sad because I'm close to the end!!! Waaaaaaah ;_;

Oh also, I know what this last bit is. I don't know how I'll go through it, in terms of emotions and stuff. I always want to cry but I rarely do. This is it... It is the end ;_;

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Okay so I have PK Ground, why exactly is it so game-breaking? It does about the same as PK Starstorm no? Maybe slightly less even? 5 x 120 is 600 so I'm not sure if there's something I'm missing about the move or not haha.

I'm currently fighting hippo launchers now, though I'm considering just bypassing them and trying to go straight for Porky seeing as my party's all at level 60, I have up to date gear and plenty of super bombs for Duster and Boney to do something other than twiddle their thumbs for half the fight.

I haven't played too many Metroid games myself except for Other M, which on its own is a pretty fine game it's just it doesn't fit with the idea of Metroid very well and probably shouldn't have been a Metroid game, or else it should have had some story changes to accommodate Samus' personality because other than that I loved the scenery and basically what the game had to offer.

As for the Donkey Kong series, play them. I've played DKC 1, 2, 3 and returns and although I think the original trilogy is a teensy bit better than returns, I still love all of them a lot. Tidal Terror is my favourite area in DKCR and it's freaking awesome, it's a beach level where you have to take cover from these crazy tidal waves by hiding behind whatever you can at regular intervals, and a lot of the level focuses around getting bananas and other goodies before the tide washes them away. It's a bit stressful but if you have a lot of lives you figure out the patterns and work with them, and the music and scenery just looks soooooo stunningly pretty, and there's also some less stressful parts where you go into rock caves and... Yeah the whole area is just such a blast. <3

EDIT:
Gaaaaah I just ended the battle with Porky and I got to the final frog and now I'm getting sad because I'm close to the end!!! Waaaaaaah ;_;

Oh also, I know what this last bit is. I don't know how I'll go through it, in terms of emotions and stuff. I always want to cry but I rarely do. This is it... It is the end ;_;
I beg of you, please go download Metroid Prime trilogy or Super Metroid right now

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
The move is broken because its damage is a % of the enemy's max HP, so damage is consistent. Plus it trips them too, and it goes right through shields and counters, which is useful for when you fight a bunch of those annoying [BLAH] near the end of the game that have PSI Counters on them.

Other than a few fights it's not really that good, plus the bosses are not really that hard if you just spam stats and shields.

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
One of the first games I ever played was DK64, so it has a special place in the games I have played. After playing it again very recently, I remember how much I love Chunky, and I'm really excited for it coming to EShop. I played all the main 5 DKC games, but only beat Diddy's Kong Quest, Returns, and Tropical Freeze.
For Metroid, I recently finished Super Metroid which I really enjoyed and played Zero Missin, Prime 1, and Other M.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Ahhhh I understand now.

Yeah that's a pretty big deal. Oh well, I FINISHED THE GAME ANYWAY and cried a little, thankfully.

That was amazing. And sad. And happy. And lifey.

I have a strange fascination with doorknobs now. BUT WHY DID I NOT FOR SOME REASON GET ON THE MOVING TABLE THING TO GET TO SATURN VALLEY ;_; I ran there instead D:

I also think half of what made that so insanely awesome was what happened after the 'End?' thing. Like EB it made you feel like a part of that world and the cast and credits were great as per usual, also the au natural Mother 3 logo.

Seeing as Lucas effectively recreated the world, is it possible he brought everyone back to life? After all this would explain the scene right before the credits.

It's so good to have finally played and finished the game my main is from. I'll be working just as hard with Lucas and I'll know where he comes from, too. I've learnt a lot from playing this game. Thanks you guys. :')

Oh, and I've also played a bit of Super Metroid but haven't finished it. I forgot about that haha soz.

Last edited:

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
you guys should really try mother 1.
it's hard work grinding but when you finish the game there's a satisfying feeling.

i've played a few donkey kong games but i haven't actually touched metroid. I might one day but right now i don't really feel like platformers.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I think I'd like to play Mother at some point in time. For now though I feel accomplished enough to be a true Mother fan already. :p

It's going to be so nice listening to all of the Mother 3 tracks again and having a memory to put to the song. :3

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

I'll probably go into Mother 1 this summer if Mother 4 isn't out first.

Tikao

Smash Ace
Just be warned, if you ever touch mother 1, then you will never be able to look at elephants the same way again.
Those things are cold-blooded and highly skilled in the art of killing.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Just be warned, if you ever touch mother 1, then you will never be able to look at elephants the same way again.
Wow, sounds like a real elephant in the room. :awesome:

I'm just not sorry

Shaymikyu

It'd take a lot to ruin my favorite animal for me.:colorful:
Wow, sounds like a real elephant in the room. :awesome:

I'm just not sorry
That pun proves you are a true Mother fan. Itoi would be proud.

Drippy

Smash Ace

EDIT:

Ahh alright and yea I always hear that about the DK games which is why I really want to get into it. I suppose I'll just play them all :p

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I have so much games I've yet to finish, going all the way back to the DS. I don't think I've fully finished a game excluding Mother 3 and Kirby in the past year or so.

After I finish Mother 3, I'm gonna start up on the Pokemon: Mystery Dungeon games again. Those were really fun, but I never completed any of them except for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red (or whatever it's called), despite owning all of them.

Drippy

Smash Ace
I have so much games I've yet to finish, going all the way back to the DS. I don't think I've fully finished a game excluding Mother 3 and Kirby in the past year or so.

After I finish Mother 3, I'm gonna start up on the Pokemon: Mystery Dungeon games again. Those were really fun, but I never completed any of them except for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red (or whatever it's called), despite owning all of them.
oml I'm going to have to get into that series as well. It looks really fun.

Shaymikyu

I'll probably do another Mother 3 run in June around when Lucas comes out.

As for games I have planned to play (not necessarily in order):

*Xenoblade Chronicles, which I should have had by now.
*Paper Mario
*Golden Sun
*Kid Icarus: Uprising
*Mother 1
*Bravely Default

Any probably some others.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
oml I'm going to have to get into that series as well. It looks really fun.
The only problem is that the 3DS one, Gates to Infinity, apparently sucks. I haven't played it, but just reading about it is meh. They removed a lot of stuff that made the games so good, such as the personality test at the beginning that decides the Pokemon you'll play as.

Although, we all know Cyndaquil is the best.

Top Bottom