• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
... LOL THIS VIDEO
this is THE WORST analysis I have EVER seen... WHAT...?
Evil Captain Falcon on Lucas's shirt confirmed.

"Oh yeah, so that's... in, in Brawl his down... so that's his umm... his down air, when he's in the air"

Uh-huh...

Eh, I'd cut them some slack... they probably didn't even wanna analyse the trailers, and if they did IGN probably had them on a deadline so they just had to say whatever came to mind first, lmao

Also Camille Young is a godlike artist, and I believe some of her other Mother sculptures have gone on sale through Fangamer before. I think they were just Negative Man and Fobby figures though.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
It really isn't that bad.

Misinformed sure, but the "looks like captain falcon" part is the only cringeworthy thing.

do both at the same time
Sounds pretty good to be honest

Also looking through the Mother 3 spritesheet and it becomes increasingly obvious that it STILL isn't gonna get released outside of Japan, at least not without heavy censoring or a T rating because of suicide and the HORRIBLE GAYS (magypsies, Barrier Trio, O2 machine sort of)

It's a darn shame but honestly the fan translation is so good the official product would probably look pretty bad in comparison

I haven't played either! Which should I? Is Earthbound on the Wii U eShop?
@ Narth Narth (just in case you don't get alerted) it is! For reasons unknown they don't port SNES games at least to the New 3DS but yeah, you can play it through the Wii U :120:

Last edited:

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285

Also looking through the Mother 3 spritesheet and it becomes increasingly obvious that it STILL isn't gonna get released outside of Japan, at least not without heavy censoring or a T rating because of suicide and the HORRIBLE GAYS (magypsies, Barrier Trio, O2 machine sort of)

It's a darn shame but honestly the fan translation is so good the official product would probably look pretty bad in comparison

@ Narth Narth (just in case you don't get alerted) it is! For reasons unknown they don't port SNES games at least to the New 3DS but yeah, you can play it through the Wii U :120:
Nice!

Anyway, I heard that the 3DS can't run SNES games because the resolution isn't high enough?

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
but the barrier trio has a girl in it :(

Mother 3 has that kind of Japanese feel to it that would just get toned down in an international release. I'd be cool with it if they released the exact same thing in English, as an M rated game or something.

GreninjaTwo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintenTheScout
3DS FC
0989-1996-0168
... LOL THIS VIDEO

Well, what did ya expect from IGN AKA Team Magma.
What if they reviewed single characters?

"Lucas DLC- 7.8 out of 10: Too Much PSI"

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
His younger self might have been like that, but by the time we start playing as him, he's clearly matured a bit.

Then again, since he barely talks AS the protagonist, we kind of have to fill in the blanks.

I didn't mind his portrayal in SSE- he's one of the few who even got character development. What DID bug me was making him a sitting duck while Wario fired the trophy gun and Ness took the hit instead of having Lucas trapped again somehow to justify not dodging, therefore making people not familiar with Mother 3 hate on him for being "useless" and "abandoning Ness." I STILL see people using this to hate on him long after most people stopped caring about SSE. Not to mention it kind of puts Ness on a pedestal... Probably why I wasn't fond of him in Brawl compared to past games or SSB4 (where he's almost on par with Lucas in my adoration of him).
The way I see it, they were trying to show both "periods" of Lucas's life, with him being cowardly like his younger self at first but then maturing into his older self as the story mode goes. I didn't have much of an issue with Lucas not dodging the trophy gun immediatelly, the boy was understandably terrified considering he had just been chasen around by a statue trying to kill him and hell, if someone pointed a gun at me I would likely freeze in place as well, and I'm older than Lucas.

Really if you're being upset with Lucas for not confronting Wario at that point you should be just as upset that he didn't do anything to stop Claus from going after the Drago in Chapter 1 of Mother 3.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
The way I see it, they were trying to show both "periods" of Lucas's life, with him being cowardly like his younger self at first but then maturing into his older self as the story mode goes. I didn't have much of an issue with Lucas not dodging the trophy gun immediatelly, the boy was understandably terrified considering he had just been chasen around by a statue trying to kill him and hell, if someone pointed a gun at me I would likely freeze in place as well, and I'm older than Lucas.

Really if you're being upset with Lucas for not confronting Wario at that point you should be just as upset that he didn't do anything to stop Claus from going after the Drago in Chapter 1 of Mother 3.
The feels... why didn't I stop him!

Last edited:

ForteX

Smash Journeyman

Since when is being ripped and spectacular "horrible gays". Watch/read some Jojo's.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form

Sorry, should have been clearer- the scene didn't bug me so much as the people who used it to bash Lucas.

Shaymikyu

I never really saw anyone bash Lucas for that but then again I only really got into the Smash community around the time Sm4sh was announced.
Maybe it was more common closer to Brawl's release then. I think people were still bitter over thinking Lucas replaced Ness/being a clone/not being Ridley/not being Mewtwo.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Maybe it was more common closer to Brawl's release then. I think people were still bitter over thinking Lucas replaced Ness/being a clone/not being Ridley/not being Mewtwo.
That reminds me that I named my Abra in Pokémon Platinum "Lucas" because his Pokédex entry had him listed as the PSI Pokémon and so Lucas was the first thing to come into mind.

Shaymikyu

"Up until now..."
Oh gosh, I remember that. And I actually thought it meant no Ness too.:ganondorf:

And now the tables have turned and Lucas was the one who seemed to be gone for good. They even referenced Ness defending him in SSE and switched the roles!

Drippy

Smash Ace
Eh, I'd cut them some slack... they probably didn't even wanna analyse the trailers, and if they did IGN probably had them on a deadline so they just had to say whatever came to mind first, lmao

Also Camille Young is a godlike artist, and I believe some of her other Mother sculptures have gone on sale through Fangamer before. I think they were just Negative Man and Fobby figures though.
WOAH NEGATIVE MAN? I gotta check out this person, I ****ing felt so sad for Negative Man. I know he was meant as a joke enemy but he seriously made me feel depressed man.

Don't mind me. I'm just testin' stuff.

:4lucas::lucas:
:4lucas::lucas:
\:yeahboi:/ BONEY!!!!

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I just came back from a break and finally have internet!

I managed to download Mother 3 and I'm already in the middle of chapter 7, it's an absolute blast.

But my god does this game love to play with your feelings. Like half an hour in and it's just like "Hey Flint check out this awesome Drago fang I found pierced through the heart of your late wife! :'D " And you're sitting there just like O.O D:

That said I'm having so much fun with it. Almost at the end of Tanetane Island, that underwater dive followed by tripping up is just hilarious. Now I need to find a way to beat the big trio guys blocking the boulder. I want to spam PSI counter alpha but at the same time I want to use Lucas' PP for other things, mainly doing 450 damage every round with Pk Love >:I Life is frustrating :p I also kinda want to use the New Year's Eve bomb I have but I'm worried it'll be a dud and useless. :(

Anyway, what's up? :3

And the reason Lucas got bashed in the Brawl era is because Nintendo put him out there in a game that is massive in the west and still wouldn't release Mother 3 in the west, as if to put up a massive middle finger to Mother fans. I had no idea of this when I picked up Brawl and I wanted Mother fans to get over it at the time, though I can see now why people were upset even if I wasn't. Now though, I think people are just too happy that Lucas will even be in this game to care, and non-mother fans have had a chance to interact with Lucas too now which has made his fanbase even bigger, to the point where any dissenters kinda get drowned out by the crowd.

Last edited:

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
... LOL THIS VIDEO

Good to know that my costume of choice portrays Evil Captain Falcon.

Let's down air every day! Every day every day! Wait it hits from behind? Is it maybe a back air? Nah, it spikes so it must be a dair!

Also, I want a Duster figure. Duster is best.

Last edited:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Scratch that. I just kinda went all out on them. Had to use two mementos to do it though.

I'm currently versing you know who outside of the temple. Dat Franklin Badge reflect. :3

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
What level are you at, Luco?

Do you have PK Ground? It's a great way to deal with you know who.

Shaymikyu

Yeah, though you need to do a lot of grinding to get it at least. (Or at least it felt like I did)
I only got it on my first run, and that's because I way overgrinded (plus I really pushed for Lucas' Awesome Stick).

Actually, I still do push for the Awesome Stick. I love his Awesome set. In fact, forget his Chapter 5 outfit- I want THAT as an alt.

I had another awesome piece of art of it saved, but I can't find it right now...

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I only got it on my first run, and that's because I way overgrinded (plus I really pushed for Lucas' Awesome Stick).

Actually, I still do push for the Awesome Stick. I love his Awesome set. In fact, forget his Chapter 5 outfit- I want THAT as an alt.

I had another awesome piece of art of it saved, but I can't find it right now...
That DCMC Belt Buckle, tho.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
level is in the collapse tag :3

The chapter 5 alt is incredible, even if everyone else just gets pigheads *sigh*

My party's at around the level 44/45 region, and I'm next to Lonia's house grinding off heftyheads and mechanic moles. The grinding is surprisingly nice, the only mildly annoying enemy is heftyheads and that's because they have a massive amount of health for creatures that give you about 2800 xp, whereas you can take on a couple moles and get more xp for less effort. :p

Should I be expecting PK Ground any time soon? :3

Shaymikyu

level is in the collapse tag :3

The chapter 5 alt is incredible, even if everyone else just gets pigheads *sigh*

My party's at around the level 44/45 region, and I'm next to Lonia's house grinding off heftyheads and mechanic moles. The grinding is surprisingly nice, the only mildly annoying enemy is heftyheads and that's because they have a massive amount of health for creatures that give you about 2800 xp, whereas you can take on a couple moles and get more xp for less effort. :p

Should I be expecting PK Ground any time soon? :3
Hey, I didn't say I didn't still want it.:p
Considering we alrady have a Masked Man palette though and it's JUST a palette, I'm not holding my breath.

My top 5 DLC alt wishes are (in no particular order):
1. Shulk with the outfit in my current icon
2. Both Morgans for Robin
3. Chapter 5 Lucas and/or Awesome Lucas
4. Paula for Ness
5. Cynthia for Lucina (aka a total pipe dream)

EDIT: 5 is Lucina, not Lucas. Why must they start with the same three letters?

Last edited:
Top Bottom