• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

Drippy

Smash Ace
Back from puking my guts out :120:

I missed a lot! Someone fill me in?

Also bless you Drippy for playing Mother. I tried that once and I couldnt because the devs set the encounter rate to "**** you" and locked it there.
I can't fill you in cause my memory sucks but I'm getting to finishing all the Mother games. Mother 1 isn't as bad as I thought it was and I'm actually enjoying it. **** THAT SPAWN RATE THOUGH GAHHHH

That part of the game was genuinely super creepy and dark. Jesus christ.
I know you could've avoided some of the enemies but I intentionally walked into them just to see their dialogue. Honestly one of my favorite scenes in the game.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Nah, this should be his victory theme:

:troll:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Decided to look up the final boss with the unused backgrounds hacked in.

This is creepy. Wish they used those in the final game, they're great.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

From what I've heard, they were deemed TOO creepy by Itoi himself. If the man who brought us Giygas found them too creepy, imagine how the planned final boss was gonna be.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
The creepy backgrounds are fascinating, but I'm okay with the route they went instead. I feel like the more melancholy final battle worked better and the creepiness would have overshadowed that a bit. Though, EB managed to balance creepy and sentimental in its end.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332

Whenever I think of them I never get any sleep thanks for putting it back in my mind.:p

There are many theories on what the original endgame was supposed to be like, of course very much darker.
One that especially got to me was it being the inner demons of Lucas and Claus during the fight especially the robot and ghost like one, where it signifies Claus is pretty much dead and all that remains is his robotic form. Another one is that it takes place after the current endgame battle where Lucas is being haunted by these Nightmares he's invisioning.

For anyone who wants to know this cut boss is usually called Lucas' Nightmares by fans. I don't recommend watching it, if a) you haven't finished the game, b) Don't want to have nightmares yourself, or c) Giygas is already creepy enough for you.
I remember using gameshark codes in the battle memory to check out some secret unused enemies and I saw some of those backgrounds for the first time. :crazy:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Also that Backstreet boys Lucas video fit perfectly haha. Especially, for what it said when Lucas was shocking Rosalina. :rolleyes:
Our boys are back guys!
:4ness::4lucas:

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897
Whenever I think of them I never get any sleep thanks for putting it back in my mind.:p

There are many theories on what the original endgame was supposed to be like, of course very much darker.
One that especially got to me was it being the inner demons of Lucas and Claus during the fight especially the robot and ghost like one, where it signifies Claus is pretty much dead and all that remains is his robotic form. Another one is that it takes place after the current endgame battle where Lucas is being haunted by these Nightmares he's invisioning.

For anyone who wants to know this cut boss is usually called Lucas' Nightmares by fans. I don't recommend watching it, if a) you haven't finished the game, b) Don't want to have nightmares yourself, or c) Giygas is already creepy enough for you.
I remember using gameshark codes in the battle memory to check out some secret unused enemies and I saw some of those backgrounds for the first time. :crazy:
I was just reading up on that and just what I read and found out about is enough to give me nightmares. On a side note, on this Mother 3 playthrough my goal is not to cry until the end lmao.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
This may be late, but I just wanted to come in and say congrats to all of you for Lucas' return. There's no fanbase that I think deserved it more.

Drippy

Smash Ace

Holy crap that was dark, honestly would've mistaken it for some Creepypasta story if I didn't know already that it was just a unused boss.

This may be late, but I just wanted to come in and say congrats to all of you for Lucas' return. There's no fanbase that I think deserved it more.
It's never to late! It's so nice seeing all these people who care so much about us getting a character we wanted into the game. :)

That would've been the darkest video game ending ever if that was truly what happened in the end.

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Thank you! Been a while since I talked you btw, nice to see you again.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Now I'm reminded about ChuggaConroy's Intro to his Final Battle video, there was a jump scare of the unused boss face...

Soul.

Late reply but whatever.
Like I understand a lot of people interested in Lucas want to join in the Lucas hype and will start playing Mother 3 (I mean a few people here already have) so I avoid spoilers. The ones you've seen so far (assuming you stayed within this thread) aren't really like story ruiners like knowing Lucas has a dog or something.
I don't really care about spoilers; they mean nothing to me. I just said that as a joke.
I played the character in Brawl not knowing Mother 3 existed, so yeah.
Go play it! My bootleg copy arrived few days ago and I'm playing for the 5th or 6th time. :lucas:
I'll try to lol

Drippy

Smash Ace
Late reply but whatever.

I don't really care about spoilers; they mean nothing to me. I just said that as a joke.
I played the character in Brawl not knowing Mother 3 existed, so yeah.

I'll try to lol
Ahh alright mb and yea that was the same for me. I played a lot of Ness / Lucas in Brawl and it never even occurred to me what game series they came from.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
You know I kinda wonder if part of the reason Mother 3 isn't getting released here is because it pretty much has

A kid coming suicide without any kind of censoring

I can't think of other games that do that. If Mother 3 was released here then I can imagine it having a M rating just because of that.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
You know I kinda wonder if part of the reason Mother 3 isn't getting released here is because it pretty much has

A kid coming suicide without any kind of censoring

I can't think of other games that do that. If Mother 3 was released here then I can imagine it having a M rating just because of that.
Wait that happened? I don't remember that.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Brawl was when I really started researching Mother. I had seen some Earthbound gameplay before though.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Oh yeah I guess that technically is right.

It's subtle though.
They show Claus shoot intense lightning at Lucas despite him being very well aware of the Franklin Badge and getting killed and he makes it very clear that he did that because he wanted to see his mother again, plus Hinawa's spirit literally tells him "Come to your mother"

That is not subtle at all.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Oh yeah I guess that technically is right.

It's subtle though.
Not really.
The last scene before the epilogue is basically Lucas cradling Claus in his arms for like most of the scene, and prior to it is Claus's dying words. Not to mention "Claus suddenly breathed his last". : \ It's more subtle than alot of games would make it out to be, but that's only due to the game being a GBA game focused on text and that the screen was black for the entire time after Claus hit himself with a fatal blow.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
They show Claus shoot intense lightning at Lucas despite him being very well aware of the Franklin Badge and getting killed and he makes it very clear that he did that because he wanted to see his mother again, plus Hinawa's spirit literally tells him "Come to your mother"

That is not subtle at all.
Yeah, but you can easily say that he did that to stop himself from hurting anyone anymore since you can assume he was still not in completely control of his body and that was a last resort. That's not TOO out there and you could say he killed him self as sacrifice. I just checked and he never says WHY he did that and the game doesn't tell you that it's a suicide, so it's up to how you interpret it.
Not really.
The last scene before the epilogue is basically Lucas cradling Claus in his arms for like most of the scene, and prior to it is Claus's dying words. Not to mention "Claus suddenly breathed his last". : \ It's more subtle than alot of games would make it out to be, but that's only due to the game being a GBA game focused on text and that the screen was black for the entire time after Claus hit himself with a fatal blow.
I think you're missing my point there :p

Last edited:

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Yeah, but you can easily say that he did that to stop himself from hurting anyone anymore since you can assume he was still not in completely control of his body and that was a last resort. That's not TOO out there and you could say he killed him self as sacrifice. I just checked and he never says WHY he did that and the game doesn't tell you that it's a suicide, so it's up to how you interpret it.

I think you're missing my point there :p
I kind of think you're missing our point too.
Regardless of the reasoning for which he killed himself, he still commited suicide. He used an attack to fatally wound himself and succumbed to those wounds, that's what a suicide is. It could be seen as sacrifice, but literally speaking, it was a child suicide. : \

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
My wording was awful there

I'll explain better tomorrow when I'm not so sleepy cuz I need to sleep.

Drippy

Smash Ace
Mother 3 Spoilers:
So what do you guys think happen at the end of Mother 3? I like the theory where the dark dragon kills everyone on Earth and eventually the planet "restarts" itself. Everyone can still be good together (in a way...) and the world can start fresh again, although apparently they're still alive telling from the end screen? TBH I'm still kind of confused

Also I'd like to discuss more about other aspects of this game such as Tanetane Island.
Holy crap that place was dark. "“Everyone’s going to throw rocks at you and make your life hell. Who’s everyone? Everyone you love.” - Claus Hallucination

In my opinion Mother 3 has to be one of the most well-written games ever, I actually kind of wish they used the unused boss battle to add onto how emotional / dark the game is. And c'mon, did anyone ever feel for this guy?

I'm sorry Negative Man, I would've helped you if I could.

Last edited:

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Mother 3 Spoilers:
So what do you guys think happen at the end of Mother 3? I like the theory where the dark dragon kills everyone on Earth and eventually the planet "restarts" itself. Everyone can still be good together (in a way...) and the world can start fresh again, although apparently they're still alive telling from the end screen? TBH I'm still kind of confused
I think he revived everyone personally, and rid the land of the railroads, chimeras, and everything else.

I believe he purified it, and I'd be willing to bet Claus and Hinawa were brought back to Lucas. I hope so at least.
I made a background for my chat, what do you guys think? http://prntscr.com/6r18c5

Oh and you thought that was dark? How about this.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I think he revived everyone personally, and rid the land of the railroads, chimeras, and everything else.

I believe he purified it, and I'd be willing to bet Claus and Hinawa were brought back to Lucas. I hope so at least.
I made a background for my chat, what do you guys think? http://prntscr.com/6r18c5

... But he listed that very quote.

Drippy

Smash Ace

Yo that actually looks pretty dope, also I put that in my spoiler and you should probably consider putting a spoiler tag on your picture as well.

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace
Did he? It's been a while. Regardless, I believe it was a happy ending. I really wish you could see more of what happened.

OH, now I see. I didn't notice LOL. My b
I think it was a happy ending too assuming the theory was correct where the dragon essentially just restarted everything. Got rid of all the chimeras, the happy boxes, New Pork City, everything. The world could begun renew and everyone could be together in wherever you go after you die. Still this game was insanely dark, and I thought Mother 2 was dark. =/

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303

Hey there, you DLC champs, what's up?
So, I made this out of sheer boredom and decided to share it with the 6 DLC character threads represented here. Tell me what you all think! Also, I'd love to see some support from you all for these characters as well. ESPECIALLY WOLF! Thank-you all!

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Mother 3 Spoilers:

Also I'd like to discuss more about other aspects of this game such as Tanetane Island.
Holy crap that place was dark. "“Everyone’s going to throw rocks at you and make your life hell. Who’s everyone? Everyone you love.” - Claus Hallucination

In my opinion Mother 3 has to be one of the most well-written games ever, I actually kind of wish they used the unused boss battle to add onto how emotional / dark the game is. And c'mon, did anyone ever feel for this guy?

I'm sorry Negative Man, I would've helped you if I could.
The ending is left up to intepretation. Honestly, i personally believe the Dragon woke up as the manifestation of the Player character, and that upon the Dragon's awakening, the world was washed away of Evil, as in all Evil Feelings were removed from every living being on the Earth, and that it was reborn in that the lands of Earth besides the Nowhere Islands became habitable again. Then i figure Lucas and co. just move on with their lives from there and that's that. That's just me though, for all we know they could literally be all have died in the rebirth of Earth and just be talking from Heaven or something, lol. I'd rather not believe that Lucas and friends sacrificed everything after all the **** they went through just to die and not get to see the world they saved and live their lives in peace though, seriously, that's legit. ****ed up IMO.

I don't think we needed the unused boss, as much as i wanted to see where that road would've led, The game is dark enough as it is, we don't need to make it darker by having see demented visions of his brother at the end.

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace
Hey there, you DLC champs, what's up?
So, I made this out of sheer boredom and decided to share it with the 6 DLC character threads represented here. Tell me what you all think! Also, I'd love to see some support from you all for these characters as well. ESPECIALLY WOLF! Thank-you all!
It looks good but the pictures used of Wolf / Crystal and stuff don't really look SSB-ish I guess. They don't have that shading and also aren't there suppose to be orange flames in the background?

The ending is left up to intepretation. Honestly, i personally believe the Dragon woke up as the manifestation of the Player character, and that upon the Dragon's awakening, the world was washed away of Evil, as in all Evil Feelings were removed from every living being on the Earth, and that it was reborn in that the lands of Earth besides the Nowhere Islands became habitable again. Then i figure Lucas and co. just move on with their lives from there and that's that. That's just me though, for all we know they could literally be all have died in the rebirth of Earth and just be talking from Heaven or something, lol. I'd rather not believe that Lucas and friends sacrificed everything after all the **** they went through just to die and not get to see the world they saved and live their lives in peace though, seriously, that's legit. ****ed up IMO.

I don't think we needed the unused boss, as much as i wanted to see where that road would've led, The game is dark enough as it is, we don't need to make it darker by having see demented visions of his brother at the end.
It wouldn't be surprising if Lucas did pull it and everyone died. I mean he just experienced his own brother dying in front of his eyes. "Lucas doesn't know what to do." "Lucas begins to cry." His family was broken apart, he would never be able to punish Porky, in my opinion he wouldn't exactly be sane after all he has gone through and you have to remember he's only 13 and his mom did get tragically killed so he wouldn't really be mentally stable to begin with. Even than, I would prefer the more optimistic ending like you stated but it just wouldn't make as much sense, it's already revealed that the Earth was being destroyed by humans so the rode away on the White Ship and just lied to themselves about their pasts and just beginning anew. I still wouldn't be satisfied by the ending if they were all just lying to themselves, I much rather prefer the ending of the dragon just pressing the restart button for everyone. Giving humanity another chance to not destroy the Earth, and it's possible since Lucas pulled it that the Earth would be reborn with kindness and love (which is kind of my optimistic ideal ending). Maybe they didn't go to the afterlife, perhaps they were all reborn as well sometimes in the future.

I mean when the dragon comes out of the ground and everything starts breaking apart, doesn't the island essentially become destroyed? I mean it certainly would've have been in a habitable state after what he did to it, I think either way, good or bad that everyone would have died anyways. And I guess there's a possibility they could have moved somewhere else but I thought the reasons why the humans moved to Tazmily in the first place was because they already the destroyed part of the Earth they were originally living on and I doubt people would want to continue living in New Pork City. I personally kind of like the idea of my ending where everyone dies and it's reborn in Lucas's ideal belief of how it should be recreated.

And yeah that's true but it just would've been really interesting to see that ending used. What would've been super dark though is if the Lucas's Nightmare theory was true and that it was set after the events of the game. I probably would've literally cried if that was actually how the game ended because that's insanely sad. It would mean Lucas never obtained happiness and wasn't able to move on thus learning nothing from his journey which IMO was finding the happy moments of life in dark times.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
It looks good but the pictures used of Wolf / Crystal and stuff don't really look SSB-ish I guess. They don't have that shading and also aren't there suppose to be orange flames in the background?

It wouldn't be surprising if Lucas did pull it and everyone died. I mean he just experienced his own brother dying in front of his eyes. "Lucas doesn't know what to do." "Lucas begins to cry." His family was broken apart, he would never be able to punish Porky, in my opinion he wouldn't exactly be sane after all he has gone through and you have to remember he's only 13 and his mom did get tragically killed so he wouldn't really be mentally stable to begin with. Even than, I would prefer the more optimistic ending like you stated but it just wouldn't make as much sense, it's already revealed that the Earth was being destroyed by humans so the rode away on the White Ship and just lied to themselves about their pasts and just beginning anew. I still wouldn't be satisfied by the ending if they were all just lying to themselves, I much rather prefer the ending of the dragon just pressing the restart button for everyone. Giving humanity another chance to not destroy the Earth, and it's possible since Lucas pulled it that the Earth would be reborn with kindness and love (which is kind of my optimistic ideal ending). Maybe they didn't go to the afterlife, perhaps they were all reborn as well sometimes in the future.

I mean when the dragon comes out of the ground and everything starts breaking apart, doesn't the island essentially become destroyed? I mean it certainly would've have been in a habitable state after what he did to it, I think either way, good or bad that everyone would have died anyways. And I guess there's a possibility they could have moved somewhere else but I thought the reasons why the humans moved to Tazmily in the first place was because they already the destroyed part of the Earth they were originally living on and I doubt people would want to continue living in New Pork City. I personally kind of like the idea of my ending where everyone dies and it's reborn in Lucas's ideal belief of how it should be recreated.

And yeah that's true but it just would've been really interesting to see that ending used. What would've been super dark though is if the Lucas's Nightmare theory was true and that it was set after the events of the game. I probably would've literally cried if that was actually how the game ended because that's insanely sad. It would mean Lucas never obtained happiness and wasn't able to move on thus learning nothing from his journey which IMO was finding the happy moments of life in dark times.
To be honest, at that point, i think Lucas had become strong enough to actually accept his Brothers death tcompared to Hinawa's because of his journey and how he'd grown through it. He could've easily just said "**** this life, i lose everyone, screw off world i'm done trying to do the right thing" and not pulled the needle and leave the world in it's **** state, but he resolved to pull the Needle and fix the world despite everything. I know it's unrealistic for Lucas to be entirely mentally stable at this point, but his friends were there to help him through this and everything, everyone counted on him, i refused to believe he'd just resign himself to defeat after everything that'd happen. Besides, Hinawa appearing in the final battle proves there is an afterlife, so Lucas would know that he'd see Claus again, one way or another, aswell as his mom.

I agree that the world is reborn in the way Lucas wanted it to be, although i think that it's a world without evil feelings like Greed or Envy. I mean hell, the player stumbles onto Porky, who's giggling like a baby instead of cursing out Lucas for trapping him in that for eternity or whatever. I think they just moved on with their lives, but to each's own, this is my opinion, that's yours.

Drippy

Smash Ace
To be honest, at that point, i think Lucas had become strong enough to actually accept his Brothers death tcompared to Hinawa's because of his journey and how he'd grown through it. He could've easily just said "**** this life, i lose everyone, screw off world i'm done trying to do the right thing" and not pulled the needle and leave the world in it's **** state, but he resolved to pull the Needle and fix the world despite everything. I know it's unrealistic for Lucas to be entirely mentally stable at this point, but his friends were there to help him through this and everything, everyone counted on him, i refused to believe he'd just resign himself to defeat after everything that'd happen. Besides, Hinawa appearing in the final battle proves there is an afterlife, so Lucas would know that he'd see Claus again, one way or another, aswell as his mom.

I agree that the world is reborn in the way Lucas wanted it to be, although i think that it's a world without evil feelings like Greed or Envy. I mean hell, the player stumbles onto Porky, who's giggling like a baby instead of cursing out Lucas for trapping him in that for eternity or whatever. I think they just moved on with their lives, but to each's own, this is my opinion, that's yours.
That's true and I actually really like to think of that way. Ehh hell I'll just go with that, I was thinking about it and it's probably possible the humans were able to move back to their original colonies as well, I mean nature surely could've have taken over and restored the lands and we truly don't know how much power the dragon has to begin with so it's definitely possible he could've restored the Earth without necessarily killing everyone. And if they all did die, it would seem like Lucas backstabbed his friends for everything they've gone through together and I also like your ending because as you said, it shows Lucas's growth. He has come in terms with his mother's and brother's death and was able to live a happy life with his new family. It would also heavily contradict what Flint said,"Please forgive your hasty brother Lucas" or something of that matter, and also doesn't Claus or something say,"I'll see you again some day." It would really be selfish of Lucas to rush into things and completely ignore what his father and brother said. Well now I actually feel kind of satisfied with this version of the ending.

On the other hand I read a theory that Mother 3 is actually a prequel to Mother 1 / 2. What do you think about that? Basically it's the world after the dragon is done restoring it. Oh and also here are the threads I've been reading:
http://forum.starmen.net/forum/Games/Mother3/Inhabitants-of-the-Nowhere-Islands/page/1#post1571393
http://forum.starmen.net/forum/Games/Mother2/The-Apple-of-Enlightenment/page/1#post1503142

Last edited:
Top Bottom