• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
There is another song I would love...

Though it would be extremely tough to fight with it playing in the background, since I would only be able to think about the ending.
Oh geez, I would be exactly the same.
Kinda wanna see it now though ;_;

1/128

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chrono-Omega
Personally,about stages and music, I think we'll get New Pork City back (With Brawl's cut soundtracks and an orchestral remix of Porky's Theme, because who does not want that?! Add that with an unlockable CD of Master Porky's Battle theme!). Saturn Valley is basically the most likely option for a new stage from Mother, although what we really need is more Mother 1/3 stages, like Tazmilly Village/ Mt. Itoi.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Am I really the only one who thought Mother3 wasn't that hard?

I played EarthBound before and had a lot of trouble with it, so I made sure to grind like crazy every other chance I got.

Maybe too much grinding I did?

Drippy

Smash Ace
In all seriousness, I had Mother 3 spoiled for me going in (thanks, Brawl), but I think I would have still guessed who Masky was, or at least considered the possibility.

Fassad being Locria/the traitor magypsy, on the other hand...
LOL IDK WHY I CLICKED THAT. Oh well good thing I'm not one big on spoilers haha.

Lil Miss Marshmallow is annoyingly hard. I wish I had a billion squirt guns to circuit her out and then rip her apart bolt-by-bolt.

Should I grind up levels on the bolt monster things right outside of King P's room?
I fought her yesterday and my main strategy was of course straight away debuffing her with Duster / Kumatora and using Lucas to buff everyone but Boney up with Defense Up. I love Boney but geez this dog is useless other than finding their weakness but I wish he had like a pee attack or something to destroy machine-type enemies or I wish he kind of took on Salsa's moveset (Salsa was the best party member EVER). Uhh back on topic, yea I just made sure to make Kumatora / Duster always attacking and Lucas using Lifeup (Second version, if you don't have it you're going to lose this fight lol) and when things got really deadly then made Kumatora start healing too and rinse and repeat. The greatest thing about this system is the slot machine system so you won't die right away.
CHAPTER 2 SPOILERS - DO NOT VIEW THIS OR YOU RUIN THE BEST PART OF THE GAME.

I'm addicted to this dance.
That's why I said Wess and Salsa are my favorite characters. Their dances made me crack up LOL

Funny thing is my friend's ringtone is the Pigmask Cellular device the commander owns and Lucas takes.
I was hearing that yesterday after the
first needle is taken and Lucas takes the Commander's phone and I'm pretty sure I'm going to use that when I get myself a phone. Props to your friend for being awesome with that ringtone.

I played EarthBound before and had a lot of trouble with it, so I made sure to grind like crazy every other chance I got.

To be honest I think they're kind of even. Mother 3 made some things easier from Earthbound where you don't have to pay for inns and it seems like their's a healing point EVERYWHERE and I feel dying isn't as big of a consequence any more especially considering sometimes my teammates randomly revive with 1 health (?) but goddamn do I feel the bosses are REALLY hard and you really need to grind or emphasize on buffing / debuffing. To be honest Earthbound became super hard towards the end like when there were two more sanctuary needed because those final dungeons are disgusting but the game at any point before that is pretty easy and I'm sad to admit I used the buffs / debuffs with less then I probably should have. Mother 3 made me go SMT mode (where you're always going to have to use buffs / debuffs and make sure you hit the enemy's weak-point) and overall felt more kind of "strategic" because I tend to use a lot of the moves like Hypnosis or the status afflicting items but I never really bothered doing it in Earthbound. Maybe because they're better in Mother 3 and were pretty bad or Earthbound or maybe my play-style just suddenly changed, idk.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
LOL IDK WHY I CLICKED THAT. Oh well good thing I'm not one big on spoilers haha.
Sorry. I thought I marked it clearly.:( I know the feeling with trying to avoid Xenoblade spoilers right now.

Only a couple of parts really gave me a little bit of trouble. Mainly that stupid
Attic guitar guy
And probably some areas rather than bosses like
the volcano, which going by EB, is just sticking to tradition.

I didn't find most bosses in EB hard except Frank and his robot, the Kraken, and Ness's Nightmare, but I did find many areas to be a pain. Mainly Fire Springs, the swamp place because of the damaging depths, Fourside Dept. Store, and Magicant.

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace
Sorry. I thought I marked it clearly.:( I know the feeling with trying to avoid Xenoblade spoilers right now.

Only a couple of parts really gave me a little bit of trouble. Mainly that stupid
Attic guitar guy
And probably some areas rather than bosses like
the volcano, which going by EB, is just sticking to tradition.

I didn't find most bosses in EB hard except Frank and his robot, the Kraken, and Ness's Nightmare, but I did find many areas to be a pain. Mainly Fire Springs, the swamp place because of the damaging depths, Fourside Dept. Store, and Magicant.
Oh I don't mean it as your fault at all. I saw the warning and I clicked it, like I said I don't really care about spoilers. I mean I already spoiled most of the game for me because I was curious on the story and didn't think I ever play Mother 3. I get mad when people intentionally spoil something though for the intentions of being assholes though (not saying you are).

SCREW THAT GUY. HE WAS A FREAKING JERK WITH HIS JAM SESSIONS. I had to grind a few levels so I could beat him and walked all the way back to buy some new equips. On the other hand I had to grind for a quite few bosses like the music guy in Osohe Castle in Chapter 2. The Electric Guy in Chapter 5 was really hard as well IMO and I can't really think of more, I just recall struggling a lot in this game lol. And wait does this game only have 8 chapters? That's super short considering I'm level 30 and I'm on Chapter 7.....

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
OK screw it.

I still need to finish Dream Team, Gates to Infinity (sigh), Tropical Freeze, and Partners in Time, but now you guys have just made me start a new playthrough of Mother3 ughhhhhh.

Shaymikyu

Oh I don't mean it as your fault at all. I saw the warning and I clicked it, like I said I don't really care about spoilers. I mean I already spoiled most of the game for me because I was curious on the story and didn't think I ever play Mother 3. I get mad when people intentionally spoil something though for the intentions of being *******s though (not saying you are).

SCREW THAT GUY. HE WAS A FREAKING JERK WITH HIS JAM SESSIONS. I had to grind a few levels so I could beat him and walked all the way back to buy some new equips. On the other hand I had to grind for a quite few bosses like the music guy in Osohe Castle in Chapter 2. The Electric Guy in Chapter 5 was really hard as well IMO and I can't really think of more, I just recall struggling a lot in this game lol. And wait does this game only have 8 chapters? That's super short considering I'm level 30 and I'm on Chapter 7.....
Oh, forgot about the one in Chapter 5.
He's a major pain, but the rain coats help a lot (except for poor Boney) and he at least becomes a sitting duck at the end.

I seem to recall Miss Marshmallow being pretty annoying, too.

Drippy

Smash Ace
OK screw it.

I still need to finish Dream Team, Gates to Infinity (sigh), Tropical Freeze, and Partners in Time, but now you guys have just made me start a new playthrough of Mother3 ughhhhhh.
You have two months to get through the game. I really want to get myself a English cartridge soon for this game so I can 100% it, don't really want to do 100% on a emulator. Also I'm going to do it on Hard Mode too, a cool neat little feature the (I think translator?) included in the game. I heard Chapter 7 is the longest but it seems I'm already almost done with this game with only like 11 ~ 12 hours put into this game and that's talking to every NPC too.

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
That mechanical snow Gorilla in Mother 3 was the most trouble I had with a boss in that game.

Shaymikyu

You have two months to get through the game. I really want to get myself a English cartridge soon for this game so I can 100% it, don't really want to do 100% on a emulator. Also I'm going to do it on Hard Mode too, a cool neat little feature the (I think translator?) included in the game. I heard Chapter 7 is the longest but it seems I'm already almost done with this game with only like 11 ~ 12 hours put into this game and that's talking to every NPC too.

Oh yea definitely, she was really annoying. Took some trial and error from the first round and restarted and whipped her in the second try. Also rain coat? I didn't have that or was aware of that lol, I just made sure to buff / debuff right away, and letting Boney die (I'm sorry but he's so underwhelming, they could've at least made him tanky to compensate), I mean he literally dies every boss fight anyways I'm not even joking. Well back on topic, and yea it was pretty much like fighting Mrs Marshmallow for me. Buffing / debuffing -> Lucas heals everyone -> Kumatora / Duster fight -> When things get bad, Kumatora heals too -> Lucas occassionally finds opportunity to attack -> rinse and repeat.
Chapter 7 is without a doubt the longest. That's where the meat of the game is.
That mechanical snow Gorilla in Mother 3 was the most trouble I had with a boss in that game.
UGH FORGOT HIM.

Okay, maybe Mother 3 had its fair share of tough bosses.
Also, the Not Thunder and Not Storm guy who washes you onto Tanetane Island. AND HE DOESN'T EVEN GIVE YOU EXPERIENCE, THE JERK.

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace
Oh, forgot about the one in Chapter 5.
He's a major pain, but the rain coats help a lot (except for poor Boney) and he at least becomes a sitting duck at the end.

I seem to recall Miss Marshmallow being pretty annoying, too.
Oh yea definitely, she was really annoying. Took some trial and error from the first round and restarted and whipped her in the second try. Also rain coat? I didn't have that or was aware of that lol, I just made sure to buff / debuff right away, and letting Boney die (I'm sorry but he's so underwhelming, they could've at least made him tanky to compensate), I mean he literally dies every boss fight anyways I'm not even joking. Well back on topic, and yea it was pretty much like fighting Mrs Marshmallow for me. Buffing / debuffing -> Lucas heals everyone -> Kumatora / Duster fight -> When things get bad, Kumatora heals too -> Lucas occassionally finds opportunity to attack -> rinse and repeat.

I don't think I've fought him yet but I feel like I'm on that part so I'll prepare myself lol.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Yeah, chapter 7 is longer than any other chapter in the game. I love all of it though.

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
I remember finding the gorilla and the cello the two toughest bosses first time round. Can't remember who was the hardest second time.

My last girlfriend beat Porky without the shield snatcher because she didn't even realise that it existed. It took her like an hour and it was really hard apparently. I didn't even know it was possible!

Drippy

Smash Ace
Chapter 7 is without a doubt the longest. That's where the meat of the game is.
Oh okay that's really good to hear, undoubtedly one of my favorite games and I would've been REALLY sad if it was that short. Earthbound had me at around like 30 hours I believe (maybe longer? or shorter?). Yeah I'm pretty sure right after I beat Mother 3 -> straight back to 100% Earthbound and I'll take pictures when I finish it. I already have a list of things I need to get as well.

Yeah, chapter 7 is longer than any other chapter in the game. I love all of it though.
Yeah I mean I've loved every minute of it so far but each chapter so far has only been like 2 ~ 3 hours long, sometimes 1 hour.

I remember finding the gorilla and the cello the two toughest bosses first time round. Can't remember who was the hardest second time.

My last girlfriend beat Porky without the shield snatcher because she didn't even realise that it existed. It took her like an hour and it was really hard apparently. I didn't even know it was possible!
Challenge accepted

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I fought her yesterday and my main strategy was of course straight away debuffing her with Duster / Kumatora and using Lucas to buff everyone but Boney up with Defense Up. I love Boney but geez this dog is useless other than finding their weakness but I wish he had like a pee attack or something to destroy machine-type enemies or I wish he kind of took on Salsa's moveset (Salsa was the best party member EVER). Uhh back on topic, yea I just made sure to make Kumatora / Duster always attacking and Lucas using Lifeup (Second version, if you don't have it you're going to lose this fight lol) and when things got really deadly then made Kumatora start healing too and rinse and repeat. The greatest thing about this system is the slot machine system so you won't die right away.

That's why I said Wess and Salsa are my favorite characters. Their dances made me crack up LOL
I guess I'm gonna fight her again today, lol. I might have been underleveled, though, because I was fighting her at level 24 for everyone. Trying to get PK Thunder B right now, though. I find Boney really useful so I don't have to waste Lucas or Kumatora for healing. It's much easier to abuse the slot machine system as Boney is the fastest character, whereas Lucas is the slowest (?). I also give Boney a lot of bombs so he can attack, and have practiced combos specifically with Boney to make him do as much damage as other characters.

THE DANCES WERE THE BEST THING EVER. I'll be honest right now - this may be my favorite game of all time. Yes, beating the Kirby games. Kirby is still my favorite character/series/games (as a whole)/anime/plushies/smash character/music/company/other stuff, but MOTHER 3 fully as a game may be my favorite game. Although... isn't MOTHER 3 another HAL game? halgame3stonk5me?

why is it so good :4lucas:

Oh, I know!

Shaymikyu

Basically, Chapters 1-3 are the prologue, Chapters 4-6 set up Chapter 7, Chapter 7 is the main game (like EB's main hunt for the Sound Stone melody), and Chapter 8 is Mother 3's equivalent to the finale with the Cave of the Past.

Hope I didn't accidentally spoil anything there...

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace
I guess I'm gonna fight her again today, lol. I might have been underleveled, though, because I was fighting her at level 24 for everyone. Trying to get PK Thunder B right now, though. I find Boney really useful so I don't have to waste Lucas or Kumatora for healing. It's much easier to abuse the slot machine system as Boney is the fastest character, whereas Lucas is the slowest (?). I also give Boney a lot of bombs so he can attack, and have practiced combos specifically with Boney to make him do as much damage as other characters.

THE DANCES WERE THE BEST THING EVER. I'll be honest right now - this may be my favorite game of all time. Yes, beating the Kirby games. Kirby is still my favorite character/series/games (as a whole)/anime/plushies/smash character/music/company/other stuff, but MOTHER 3 fully as a game may be my favorite game. Although... isn't MOTHER 3 another HAL game? halgame3stonk5me?

Oh, I know!

Usually I put all my items on Duster / Boney because I see Duster kind of like this game's Jeff but I realize Duster does A LOT of damage with his kicks. I should probably giving them ALL to Boney because Lucas / Kumatora generally don't need the healing items either. Also I still have PK Thunder 1 and I'm like level 30 I think? You don't have to grind that hard, I'm pretty sure I was level 25 when I fought her.

Basically, Chapters 1-3 are the prologue, Chapters 4-6 set up Chapter 7, Chapter 7 is the main game (like EB's main hunt for the Sound Stone melody), and Chapter 8 is Mother 3's equivalent to the finale with the Cave of the Past.

Hope I didn't accidentally spoil anything there...
You don't know how happy I am to hear that.

Last edited:

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
Usually I put all my items on Duster / Boney because I see Duster kind of like this game's Jeff but I realize Duster does A LOT of damage with his kicks. I should probably giving them ALL to Boney because Lucas / Kumatora generally don't need the healing items either. Also I still have PK Thunder 1 and I'm like level 30 I think? You don't have to grind that hard, I'm pretty sure I was level 25 when I fought her.

You don't know how happy I am to hear that.
Yeah, both playthroughs I had Boney as my item user, Duster as my best friend physical attacker, Lucas as my stat booster & healer and Kumatora as my PSI attacker.

Shaymikyu

For me it basically went like this:

EB-
Ness: Bash, bash, bash, and sometimes healing
Paula: PK Freeze, sometimes PK Fire
Jeff: Originally item patsy, Bottle Rockets and Heavy Bazooka post actually-becoming-pretty-useful
Poo: Item patsy, sometimes PK Freeze or healing party members

Mother 3 (it's been a long time, though)-
Lucas: Bashing, healing, sometimes PK Love and stat boosting
Kumatora: Various PSI depending on the situation, basically did solely that
Duster: Kicking, sometimes items or thief tools (mainly Wall Staples, sometimes Siren Beetle)
Boney: Items, healing, Shield Stealer, bashing

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

Oh, I know!

Mother 3 and Earthbound are basically tied for me, and both are in my top 5. I just can't choose between them. Although I'd maybe put Mother 3 a bit above, since the story affected me deeply.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand

Beat him without using the shield snatcher. I thought he was easy :V

FASSAD ON THE OTHER HAND

Drippy

Smash Ace
Yeah, both playthroughs I had Boney as my item user, Duster as my best friend physical attacker, Lucas as my stat booster & healer and Kumatora as my PSI attacker.
Yup so pretty much like me haha. I wish they kind of made Ness like that in terms of a supporty play-style that can still play pretty aggressively. I also still want the rhythm / combo system to be in his moveset and it'll function similarly to Marth's Dancing Blades.

For me it basically went like this:

EB-
Ness: Bash, bash, bash, and sometimes healing
Paula: PK Freeze, sometimes PK Fire
Jeff: Originally item patsy, Bottle Rockets and Heavy Bazooka post actually-becoming-pretty-useful
Poo: Item patsy, sometimes PK Freeze or healing party members

Mother 3 (it's been a long time, though)-
Lucas: Bashing, healing, sometimes PK Love and stat boosting
Kumatora: Various PSI depending on the situation, basically did solely that
Duster: Kicking, sometimes items or thief tools (mainly Wall Staples, sometimes Siren Beetle)
Boney: Items, healing, Shield Stealer, bashing
Wow you got it down precisely lol

Shaymikyu

Forgot that Kumatora sometimes lowers enemy stats as well. I used stats way more in M3 than EB.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Oh yeah, stats are very useful in Mother 3. So is shield and counter.

Drippy

Smash Ace
Forgot that Kumatora sometimes lowers enemy stats as well. I used stats way more in M3 than EB.
Yeah I always use Duster / Kumatora for a combo debuff and Ness as a buffer and yea I definitely use them a lot more in Mother 3. That's why I said this game reminds me of SMT where you always have to use buffs / debuffs / hit enemy weaknesses to get through.

Oh yeah, stats are very useful in Mother 3. So is shield and counter.
Yea I forgot to mention that as well, I use those moves a lot more then in EB (well EB didn't have Counter so...)

Last edited:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I didn't have the shield snatcher for Porky my play through and I beat him on my first try. I wasn't even that high of a level early 50s so no PK Ground either. I thought Porky's Porkies were much tougher due to having to heal after each explosion.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
I always thought New Fasaad and the Barrier Trio were always the hardest. Not only did they last forever, but going all the way back the way you came with no items and super low HP was kinda ridonkulous.

You have two months to get through the game.
It shouldn't be too hard. My first playthrough took about that long, and there were a good couple parts that I couldn't figure out what to do next. Plus I have my handy Mother3 guidebook this time, too. So happy and lucky I was able to get a physical copy of one.

EarthBound on the other hand, took me like four months and about an hour and a half to three hours of playtime every week.

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Guys, I have a pretty neat idea for a possible remix.

What if they combined this,

with this

and this?

Even though I doubt we will get new music if we get New Pork back, I think this could potentially sound awesome.

Awakining

Smash Apprentice
The power of Boney is too strong. I have been taken over, and my avatar has changed in accordance. Prepare yourselves. (I couldn't resist. The sprite has just been staring at me since I joined, compelling me to use it for my avatar.)

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace
Man I really need to practice in Sm4sh because I have a tournament in two weeks but I literally cannot playing knowing I still need to beat Mother 3. I may just pull an all nighter and try to finish it tomorrow so I can practice already because it's killing me not playing Mother 3. :(

Drippy

Smash Ace
Is it just me or does the GBA make anyone want to play a bunch of old classics? I'm probably going to snatch myself a copy of Pokemon Emerald (never got to play Emerald before!) and completeing the Pokedex, which is something I've also never done before.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Is it just me or does the GBA make anyone want to play a bunch of old classics? I'm probably going to snatch myself a copy of Pokemon Emerald (never got to play Emerald before!) and completeing the Pokedex, which is something I've also never done before.
Any love for Minish Cap here? I remember LOVING it as a kid, but I hardly remember any of it, but I 'm sure I got to the last boss and gave up or something... need to beat that game some day!

Drippy

Smash Ace
Any love for Minish Cap here? I remember LOVING it as a kid, but I hardly remember any of it, but I 'm sure I got to the last boss and gave up or something... need to beat that game some day!
I was never really super into the LoZ series however I'm playing OoT 3D (almost done with it but I took a long break from playing it lol) and I really want Wind Waker HD on my Wii U.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
I was never really super into the LoZ series however I'm playing OoT 3D (almost done with it but I took a long break from playing it lol) and I really want Wind Waker HD on my Wii U.
Both those games are fantastic. The Zelda series is my favourite series of all time! Couldn't recommend WWHD more!

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I love Minish Cap. I've played it a bunch of times, but I've funnily enough never beaten it.
Both those games are fantastic. The Zelda series is my favourite series of all time! Couldn't recommend WWHD more!
Ah, cool! I love Zelda too, it's right up there with Mother and Xenoblade for me.

NessFangirl

Smash Rookie
I think I've played it? I don't remember too much of it, but I do remember enjoying it (Which is a little odd, considering LoZ games aren't normally my style). Might have to go back and re-play it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom