• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Please I beg the both of you to play them. The gameplay, the music, the story, the silly dialogue, the goofy enemies. This game is like by far one of my favorite RPG series ever!
I have really been enjoying Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros. recently, giving me new love for the RPG genre. Haven't played much of it yet though!

New pic hype (might change it, I'm experimenting!)

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace
YEEEEEES. OH MY GOD YES.

I'm especially in love with A Little Elegy, it's so AMAZING. There's so much good music to go along with all the other great parts of this game.
YESSSSSSSS! And I know, this game does not stop to cease me with its amazing OST. Way better then Earthbound's OST, the only OST I liked from Earthbound and that I can only recall is the music when you fought a Starman and The Sanctuary song, there may be more though. I mean I liked the EB OST but I didn't love it like I do with Mother 3's OST.

I have really been enjoying Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros. recently, giving me new love for the RPG genre. Haven't played much of it yet though!

New pic hype (might change it, I'm experimenting!)
I've been meaning to try the Mario RPGs, I've heard they're good and I'm really interested into getting them. The one you're playing is the DS one right?

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
I've been meaning to try the Mario RPGs, I've heard they're good and I'm really interested into getting them. The one you're playing is the DS one right?
3DS one. I've heard great things about the GBA one (Superstar Saga) and the 2 DS ones (Partners in Time and Bowser's Inside Story), so once I get DTB done, I'll get to the others. :3

What Earthbound / Mother game would you recommend I start with and how should I go about playing it? I've heard bad things about Nintendo refusing to give a MOTHER 3 release to the west... :(

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace
3DS one. I've heard great things about the GBA one (Superstar Saga) and the 2 DS ones (Partners in Time and Bowser's Inside Story), so once I get DTB done, I'll get to the others. :3

What Earthbound / Mother game would you recommend I start with and how should I go about playing it? I've heard bad things about Nintendo refusing to give a MOTHER 3 release to the west... :(
Ahh, yea I'm interested into getting into that series. Maybe in the future once I get through my current list of RPGs. Also in terms of Earthbound games, it doesn't matter which one you start but Mother 3 will make references to a few characters from Earthbound (but it's not essential to the story so you don't have to know it) and also I personally consider Mother 3 a improvement from Earthbound so you'll probably have a easier time going from Earthbound -> Mother 3. Both are fantastic games either way so you'll enjoy the both of them a whole lot.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Ahh, yea I'm interested into getting into that series. Maybe in the future once I get through my current list of RPGs. Also in terms of Earthbound games, it doesn't matter which one you start but Mother 3 will make references to a few characters from Earthbound (but it's not essential to the story so you don't have to know it) and also I personally consider Mother 3 a improvement from Earthbound so you'll probably have a easier time going from Earthbound -> Mother 3. Both are fantastic games either way so you'll enjoy the both of them a whole lot.
Sweet, will bear that in mind! :3

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897
Um I saw earlier that many people made accounts and lurk for a while before making one and I'm one of those people. I originally made one to support Palutena (evidenced by my avatar) and now I'm so unbelievably excited for Lucas! I hope it's ok to introduce myself here...I'm Benmjy but you can call me Ben! Mother 3 was my first game in the Mother series and one of my favorite all time games. Lucas is undeniably one of my most favorite characters and I'm exteremely psyched he's back as DLC and he will definitely be my main as he was in Brawl and what little I played of Project M. I was an extremely causal played up until Smash 4 where I've become a little more serious about the game but nowhere near a competitive level. I'm also about to start Earthbound for the first time! (Sorry that introduction was kind of everywhere) I hope I get to know all of you better and create some bonds over Mother and Lucas :)

Drippy

Smash Ace
Um I saw earlier that many people made accounts and lurk for a while before making one and I'm one of those people. I originally made one to support Palutena (evidenced by my avatar) and now I'm so unbelievably excited for Lucas! I hope it's ok to introduce myself here...I'm Benmjy but you can call me Ben! Mother 3 was my first game in the Mother series and one of my favorite all time games. Lucas is undeniably one of my most favorite characters and I'm exteremely psyched he's back as DLC and he will definitely be my main as he was in Brawl and what little I played of Project M. I was an extremely causal played up until Smash 4 where I've become a little more serious about the game but nowhere near a competitive level. I'm also about to start Earthbound for the first time! (Sorry that introduction was kind of everywhere) I hope I get to know all of you better and create some bonds over Mother and Lucas :)
Welcome to the fam!

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
So nice to be able to make you feel welcome to this thread and SmashBoards as a whole; it's a really nice place! :3

Drippy

Smash Ace
Thank you both for the warm welcome! Ugh, I wish June would come faster. I wonder if Lucas will be out by E3
Mother 4 coming out around in June too so it's definitely a month I'm dying for to come sooner.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Thank you both for the warm welcome! Ugh, I wish June would come faster. I wonder if Lucas will be out by E3
E3's running late this year, so we can only hope! You looking forward to Mewtwo in the next few weeks? :3

Spirst

I couldn't wait to finally see Lucas, and Mewtwo on the Damage HUD, so I re-created it! Enjoy! (Note: This took forever to make lol)

Just a note that I merged this with the social. Talk about it here and stuff. Like I said before though, looks good.

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897
E3's running late this year, so we can only hope! You looking forward to Mewtwo in the next few weeks? :3
I am but not as much as Lucas obviously :) It'll be really interesting to see how he's changed from Melee and he looks like a lot of fun!

Spirst

Out of curiosity, how many different sections of the Smash sub forum do you usually go to?
I have my watched forums set to Duck Hunt/Greninja/Mewtwo/Lucas/Pac-Man for character mod stuff and checking around(people starting new threads alerts me). Mostly though, I just go wherever reports take me in the Smash 4 section, poke around random places, or do random things in the Zelda social.

Drippy

Smash Ace
It looks... so... damn... BEAUTIFUL! <3
I know and it's coming this June! If you're also looking for another Mother-ish game, check out Omori. That game was heavily inspired by Earthbound as well.

Benmjy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Benmjy
3DS FC
1203-9240-1897
It looks... so... damn... BEAUTIFUL! <3
I know right! It's honestly as close to an actual Nintendo sequel as we can get. I'm really excited for it, the creativity is through the roof.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I had little interest in Mother 4 at first, but the recent trailer won me over hard. I'm playing it ASAP, even if I haven't beaten Mother 1 by then.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
I have my watched forums set to Duck Hunt/Greninja/Mewtwo/Lucas/Pac-Man for character mod stuff and checking around(people starting new threads alerts me). Mostly though, I just go wherever reports take me in the Smash 4 section, poke around random places, or do random things in the Zelda social.
Gotta say man, that profile picture is incredible <3

Drippy

Smash Ace
Just want to say thanks a lot for the work, especially considering this sub-forum doesn't have any moderators yet.

I know right! It's honestly as close to an actual Nintendo sequel as we can get. I'm really excited for it, the creativity is through the roof.
I'll probably donate to them if I have money around its time of the release (and I feel like I will) just to show my gratitude for all the work they've put into the game, or at least from what I have seen so far.

I had little interest in Mother 4 at first, but the recent trailer won me over hard. I'm playing it ASAP, even if I haven't beaten Mother 1 by then.
I was excited as soon as I saw it way back (before I have even played Earthbound lol...) And man I need to get to playing on Mother 1 soon, I kind of wish I played it first out of all the EB games because I know for sure it's going to be worse then Mother 2 / 3 and I mean it's expected because it's older so obviously music / gameplay / graphics won't be as good but I'm still expecting the corny dialogue.

Gotta say man, that profile picture is incredible <3
Tbh it shows his scary but badass mod side.

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace
Pig Mask Boney is the most adorable thing in existence.
Are you on the same part as I am? I just got to the part where you get to the top to the tower and they realize you're not the Commander. Man it's kind of obvious to who the Masked Man is but I mean I already know the entire story to Mother but come on that was a dead giveaway lol

Shaymikyu

Are you on the same part as I am? I just got to the part where you get to the top to the tower and they realize you're not the Commander. Man it's kind of obvious to who the Masked Man is but I mean I already know the entire story to Mother but come on that was a dead giveaway lol
We all knew it was secretly Salsa.:awesome:

Is it pathetic that I've rewatched the Lucas trailer practically daily?

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
I've played and completed Mother 3 more times than I can count on two hands. It's my favourite game of all time and Lucas is my favourite character everrr.
I am obsessed ._.
Another playthrough is planned before June just to bring up the hype! :awesome:

Is it pathetic that I've rewatched the Lucas trailer practically daily?
Don't worry, I've been the same. (It's just so emotional!)
But then I am not the best person to ask sooo...

Shaymikyu

In all seriousness, I had Mother 3 spoiled for me going in (thanks, Brawl), but I think I would have still guessed who Masky was, or at least considered the possibility.

Fassad being Locria/the traitor magypsy, on the other hand...

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
In all seriousness, I had Mother 3 spoiled for me going in (thanks, Brawl), but I think I would have still guessed who Masky was, or at least considered the possibility.

Fassad being Locria/the traitor magypsy, on the other hand...
Now THAT was something I was definitely surprised about.

Shaymikyu

Now THAT was something I was definitely surprised about.
Some hints are there upon replaying the game, like his nose trumpets playing a bit of the Magypsy saxophone theme, but on the first go I did NOT see that coming. But, it does actually make sense. Clearly he was fed up with his existence- either the near immortality a la Porky or just the inevitability of his demise somehow turning him more villainous, or maybe he just fit in less with the other more colorful Magypsies and was a total black sheep. Either way, there are hints he wasn't always like that, or had a kinder side, as a mouse in his room in the Empire Porky Building seems to imply.

grizby2

Smash Lord
june just has to come faster. it'll be my best birthday month eveerrr!
lucas looks so good in HD. its a shame that Nintendo doesn't actually use those models for a "Mother U" or something.
anyway, im really happy for you guys. and now I can continue my ness/lucas blood matches with my friend~
I knew the guilt would work through sakurai sooner or later

Marigi174

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marigi174
3DS FC
3652-0615-5300
Something tells me you never played Mother3 OR EarthBound... :p

I really loved New Pork just because of how close it was to the actual place in Mother3. Like, it was damn near spot-on. I'd really love it just so there would be an excuse for more Mother music and a new Mother Omega stage to play on (hoping for the limo.)

Also, that city stage from Melee (Fourside) was also my favorite too, and I didn't even really know about Mother back then. I just really loved the music (and still do. One of the best remixes Smash has ever had.) and the idea that everybody was fighting on top of a bunch of big skyscrapers. That was cool.

Man... Just the more Mother representation in Smash we get, the happier I'll be.
Also... I really AM the only person who liked Hanenbow, aren't I?
I wasn't saying it was bad because it wasn't like the game. I just never liked battling on New Pork City.

As for Fourside, I just hated how f*cking dumb it was trying to play Ness (i.e. the "stage owner") on that stage because falling between the buildings basically meant instant death as they blocked PK Thunder. Also it was too big for my liking. Just my opinion tho :] also I'm biased due to that crappy giant bowser vs giant DK event which did NOT work

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Lil Miss Marshmallow is annoyingly hard. I wish I had a billion squirt guns to circuit her out and then rip her apart bolt-by-bolt.

Should I grind up levels on the bolt monster things right outside of King P's room?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
I'm glad I can still enjoy the game for the first time because I haven't played it yet. :3

I want to know where I can get it nao. :C

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
marshmallow is easy, spam PKT, stats and shields and she can't touch you.
well.
if you didn't go on a levelling spree with the black beanlings it might be harder.

Top Bottom