• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

Drippy

Smash Ace
When people post here saying theyve been lurking the boards but finally made an account just to interact with us, it warms my heart... I was in the same boat. I lurked smashboards for a while until finally making an account after reading the ROB social and deciding I wanted to be a part of that.

So yeah, lets make this an awesome community for everyone, a community that makes people love the entire site enough to stick around until the next smash game!
Yeah it was personally kind of hard for me at first to get into these forums. I was (and still am) fairly new to the game so I had nothing to contribute in terms of the competitive scene or discussing characters because I'm still learning and I'm not exactly at the skill level where I'm good enough to discover any good strings / combos or any cool techniques because I'm still learning the ones already out myself. That's why I'm happy Lucas was revealed and I was able to participate in this social group, I'll be able to join a fairly "new" community and make myself more known here. Like I think I went from 80 ~ 250 posts in these past few days lol. (I don't think I was spamming either...)

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Yeah, it took me a while to get an account. I've been looking about since Little Mac's announcement, but didn't get an account until a few weeks after Greninja's announcement. I've been trying recently to get into SB a little more, and I'm really beginning to enjoy it!

Might as well say hello to the Lucas social, I main him in Brawl and am mega hyped to see how he plays in Smash Wii U! Who's with me?! *cheers*

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I made my account mostly to support Shulk, but I also wanted to hang on subforums like these.

Drippy

Smash Ace
Yeah, it took me a while to get an account. I've been looking about since Little Mac's announcement, but didn't get an account until a few weeks after Greninja's announcement. I've been trying recently to get into SB a little more, and I'm really beginning to enjoy it!

Might as well say hello to the Lucas social, I main him in Brawl and am mega hyped to see how he plays in Smash Wii U! Who's with me?! *cheers*
L U C A S B O Y Z
My uncle said I could have his Brawl (since he doesn't even touch his Wii) so all I need is a Wii Mote / Nunchunk and I'm going to main Snake for sure, secondary either Ice Climbers / Diddy, and will make Lucas my third main so I'm kind of hyped to play some Brawl again :D

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I have no clue how I wound up on this site but I'm glad I did. It's nice being able to talk to people with similar interests to mine, the only games people play here are Fifa and COD. I seriously hate living in the UK sometimes

Last edited:

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
I have no clue how I wound up on this site but I'm glad I did. It's nice being able to talk to people with similar interests to mine, the only games people play here are Fifa and COD. I seriously hate living in the UK sometimes
I live in Scotland and it's much the same here. I did have an interview at my Apple Store earlier this evening and found a lovely girl my age who played Smash, it was great to see another Smasher outwith my friends and SmashBoards!

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
I made my account to support Professor Layton.

Three years latter...

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I don't remember why I made my account heh.

Although I came back like late 2012 to get on the Mac hype train (only for him to end up having a moveset that I really don't like. lol)

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Dat sentence tho :p

Also, Nah nah nah m8, not that.

I've always wanted to play against a female who is into competitive Smash as much as I am, that's all :p
I've never played one either, unless on For Glory. I'm always intrigued to see how anyone plays Smash...

Turns out she mains Zero Suit Samus (like me) and is hoping to main Mewtwo (again, like me!)

Small world...

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Well, I only made one post since Lucas was revealed on here, since I never saw a good opportunity to really comment before, so I mind as well introduce myself to these boards (who did not come from the Ness boards). I'm PSIBoy and I mained both Lucas and Ness back in Brawl (though I was more casual back then) and Ness in 4, hence my name. I joined looking to join speculation and improve my smash skills, and support Lucas while I was at it, though really there isn't much to speculate anymore about the roster, is there?

I played through Earthbound (good game, though it was easy after Paula leveled up a lot, I never bothered with the 1/128 items, didn't get much of the humor, and I wish that Ness, Paula, Jeff, and Poo had more time to display personality (speaking roles or whatnot)) and wish for Mother 1 and Mother 3 worldwide VC/rerelease.

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Just a general question for you guys, how do you think the upcoming patch will affect your mains? Would you stop maining characters because they got nerfed too bad, or pick up new ones because of buffs?

Generally, I'd say I main the characters below (thank @ TheDarkKnightNoivern TheDarkKnightNoivern for my signature!) (which has apparently decided not to appear... :( ) because I love their movesets, not too much about how good they actually are. So, I wouldn't stop maining any of these characters, nor would I main any others because of buffs. Hell I never play as Diddy simply because I find his play style very boring really, although he is clearly a fantastic character.

Of course, those who loved Meta Knight in Brawl were looked down upon as those who just want to win, which even that I don't have a problem with. But I still love Meta Knight in Smash Bros. Wii U, even though he has clearly been nerfed. I love his moveset, simple as that.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Just a general question for you guys, how do you think the upcoming patch will affect your mains? Would you stop maining characters because they got nerfed too bad, or pick up new ones because of buffs?

Generally, I'd say I main the characters below (thank @ TheDarkKnightNoivern TheDarkKnightNoivern for my signature!) (which has apparently decided not to appear... :( ) because I love their movesets, not too much about how good they actually are. So, I wouldn't stop maining any of these characters, nor would I main any others because of buffs. Hell I never play as Diddy simply because I find his play style very boring really, although he is clearly a fantastic character.

Of course, those who loved Meta Knight in Brawl were looked down upon as those who just want to win, which even that I don't have a problem with. But I still love Meta Knight in Smash Bros. Wii U, even though he has clearly been nerfed. I love his moveset, simple as that.
Well, I can't see Zelda, Peach or Ike getting anything but Buffs, same with Greninja and Lucina, 2 of my secondaries. Hell it may even cause me to really pick up lucina with enough buffs (Less landing lag plz samurai) The only one that'll likely be majorly affected is Lucario which I'm kinda fine with tbh

Also, signatures only appear on your first post on a page

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
idk bout you all but man I love how cheerful Lucas looks in this game like damn, that's an A+ smile

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

If they get nerf the one move Ganon has that can kill the entire cast guaranteed at 140%, ima be sad :(

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Well, I can't see Zelda, Peach or Ike getting anything but Buffs, same with Greninja and Lucina, 2 of my secondaries. The only one that'll likely be majorly affected is Lucario which I'm kinda fine with tbh

Also, signatures only appear on your first post on a page
Yeah, those characters seem likely for buffs, which I look forward to!

Also, thanks for letting me know, I knew there was some sort of rule but I couldn't remember!

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Yeah, those characters seem likely for buffs, which I look forward to!

Also, thanks for letting me know, I knew there was some sort of rule but I couldn't remember!
I'm just hopeful that Zelda will finally become a viable character after 10 years of bottom tier but I love her playstyle and character so I refuse to give her up

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
I'm just hopeful that Zelda will finally become a viable character after 10 years of bottom tier but I love her playstyle and character so I refuse to give her up
I preferred how Din's Fire worked in Brawl, am I the only one that thinks that? I don't play Zelda much...

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I preferred how Din's Fire worked in Brawl, am I the only one that thinks that? I don't play Zelda much...
Well it was bad then and it's bad now. Except now it needs to be sweet spotted to kill and has less range so it's definitely worse. I have no clue how sakurai managed to take an already garbage move and make it even worse, it's only use is getting kills off stage but it even struggles with that due to how slow it is

Last edited:

Funen1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Funen1

Going into this game, I told myself that I wouldn't make the same mistake that I did with Brawl several years ago, and that I wouldn't let trying to win get in the way of having fun first and foremost. Due to various real-life experiences, I don't have any interest in becoming the "best in the world" or anything, just the best player that I can be. I'm a fan of Ness, and after he was confirmed to be in Smash 4 I decided to main him no matter how good or bad he was (unless he was like totally unusable in a competitive environment or something, which obviously wasn't the case). I'm the same way with balance patches changing things - I'm still gonna main Ness unless he gets nerfed completely into the ground, which honestly doesn't seem that likely.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
That looks really cool, nice job!

However... this doesn't need it's own thread. :4lucas:
Even then, it'd get more talk in the social thread than in it's own.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Going into this game, I told myself that I wouldn't make the same mistake that I did with Brawl several years ago, and that I wouldn't let trying to win get in the way of having fun first and foremost. Due to various real-life experiences, I don't have any interest in becoming the "best in the world" or anything, just the best player that I can be. I'm a fan of Ness, and after he was confirmed to be in Smash 4 I decided to main him no matter how good or bad he was (unless he was like totally unusable in a competitive environment or something, which obviously wasn't the case). I'm the same way with balance patches changing things - I'm still gonna main Ness unless he gets nerfed completely into the ground, which honestly doesn't seem that likely.
I think the most ness will get is a back throw knockback decrease, maybe Up air too

Drippy

Smash Ace
Just a random thought but I made a earlier post about how I wished Lucas had a special move that could represent the combo system in Mother 3 and how it'd be awesome if it kind of worked like Marth's / Lucina's Dancing Blade (kind of a timing / rhythmic move) and of course that's clearly impossible because they already have his specials move and I actually quite like PK Fire as a side B. Then I was thinking about how cool it'd be if it was kind of like Shulk's ultimate where Duster / Kumatora / Boney make an appearance and all just combo the enemy down for a 1 HIT KO, and of course it'd have some funky Mother 3 OST. That reminds me, I was going to post a lot more OST they should include in the game but I realized I like almost like ALL the OST in the Mother 3 so far that it's to hard for me to pick, specifically one of the battle songs and
background sound in Chapter 3 when you're playing as Salsa and you're in the town area.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I've been playing MOTHER 3 for like, six hours straight...

Every minute I play this game, I want Lucas to come out sooner and sooner. Also, I want PK Dogs somewhere in Smash pls.

I'm doing a lot better compared to my first playthrough... but that's because I didn't understand anything.

Drippy

Smash Ace
I've been playing MOTHER 3 for like, six hours straight...

Every minute I play this game, I want Lucas to come out sooner and sooner. Also, I want PK Dogs somewhere in Smash pls.

I'm doing a lot better compared to my first playthrough... but that's because I didn't understand anything.
You're telling me... I stayed up until like 3 AM in the morning playing the game, went to sleep and when I woke up I started playing it right away. Then I went out with family to eat and chill in stuff and as soon as I got home, went back to the game and I have 9 hours into the game lol. Playing only 9 hours of it, definitely on the top list of favorite RPGs now and I'm liking it a lot more then Earthbound (not to say EB is bad)

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
You're telling me... I stayed up until like 3 AM in the morning playing the game, went to sleep and when I woke up I started playing it right away. Then I went out with family to eat and chill in stuff and as soon as I got home, went back to the game and I have 9 hours into the game lol. Playing only 9 hours of it, definitely on the top list of favorite RPGs now and I'm liking it a lot more then Earthbound (not to say EB is bad)
The reason I've been staying up until 4AM every night is because of MOTHER 3. :kirby:

Going through each day with 3~4 hours of sleep sucks, but not playing the game for more than five minutes is horrible.

also the music when you're flying in the Pork Bean

OMG

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
The reason I've been staying up until 4AM every night is because of MOTHER 3. :kirby:

Going through each day with 3~4 hours of sleep sucks, but not playing the game for more than five minutes is horrible.

OMG
I've never played any of the Mother / Earthbound series...

Drippy

Smash Ace

OMG
YES DUDE I LOVE EVERY VARIATION OF THAT SONG (THE DCMC VERSION OF IT TOO). Also the other songs I was talking about is Monkey's Delivery Service (holy crap that song sounds fantastic, it reminds me of another game's OST. I think Professor Layton?)

These are among my favorites so far but I have like a BILLION more.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
YES DUDE I LOVE EVERY VARIATION OF THAT SONG (THE DCMC VERSION OF IT TOO). Also the other songs I was talking about is Monkey's Delivery Service (holy crap that song sounds fantastic, it reminds me of another game's OST. I think Professor Layton?)

These are among my favorites so far but I have like a BILLION more.
YEEEEEES. OH MY GOD YES.

I'm especially in love with A Little Elegy, it's so AMAZING. There's so much good music to go along with all the other great parts of this game.

Top Bottom