• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
I had a lot of trouble with the rhythm combo game, but got a lot better at it after I finished Chapter 2. My biggest problem wasn't keeping combos up, but was starting them in the first place. The solution to this was simple, but sadly I didn't know, haha. When the dialog for "___ has attacked ___" or whatever comes up, keep that dialog box up. Get the beat down, and then start the combo from the dialog box.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
Has anyone here gotten a 16 combo for Fate, or the other one with similar rhythm? I swear it's the hardest song in the game besides Strong One (Masked Man), which has the ridiculous time signature of 29/16.

Also, I love those tricky songs that just pause the rhythm randomly and it just destroys your combo. :p

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Sadly I don't think Mr Batty Twist will stay if it comes to US.

Will probably be changed due to copyright issues... :\

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Sadly I don't think Mr Batty Twist will stay if it comes to US.

Will probably be changed due to copyright issues... :\
I will eat Reggie if that happens.

Then I'd tell Batman how awesome it would be to have his theme in the game. He'd agree and everybody wins!

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
i really do hope they put a Mother 3 stage in. something we can see in tournaments preferably.

Tazmily would be a pretty sweet stage, but there are also other places in Mother 3 and there's so much potential.
There's about a bazillion different places in the game and all of them could be interesting stages. It'd be such a shame if they left it sitting there untapped, and that's true for other series as well.

Also, more Mother 3 music and more Mother trophies would be nice.
What's disappointing though is that since mother 3 is a handheld title, if it got a new stage it'd most likely be 3DS exclusive, hey at least we have new pork city, *sighs*

Also I finally updated my signature with the new render! (Although his background should have been yellow)

Last edited:

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928

Mother has way too much good music.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
When I first played through the game, I tried to fight Mecha-Drago at level 11 without using buffs because I had no idea they were useful. I just threw all my bombs and punched him but ended up getting crushed and torched because Beef Jerky.

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace
I had a lot of trouble with the rhythm combo game, but got a lot better at it after I finished Chapter 2. My biggest problem wasn't keeping combos up, but was starting them in the first place. The solution to this was simple, but sadly I didn't know, haha. When the dialog for "___ has attacked ___" or whatever comes up, keep that dialog box up. Get the beat down, and then start the combo from the dialog box.
Good to know that's when I'm suppose to do it because that's what I have been doing, unfortunately I still suck at it. I don't know it's weird to explain like I guess I just do it to slow. Hopefully I get used to it eventually.

When I first played through the game, I tried to fight Mecha-Drago at level 11 without using buffs because I had no idea they were useful. I just threw all my bombs and punched him but ended up getting crushed and torched because Beef Jerky.
How in the world lol. Those monsters wouldn't stop chasing me down / I kept walking into them by accident because of the dash. I fought him at like level 15 and died twice because of the final move it does. =(

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
If you're on Chapter 2, use the Battle Memory to practice combos. The enemies don't attack you never die, so you can just practice stuff out. It's how I got more accustomed to the system.

I was level 16 when I fought Mecha-Drago. I beat him the third time I fought him, which is after I grinded out some levels. Grinding was really easy with the revitalizing machine thing, as you never have to worry about dying. When fighting Mecha-Drago, I believe it's recommended to have your HP over 50 so the fire thing doesn't kill you.

Actually, thinking to it, I ended up dying but the scrolling HP let me win. The only reason I died was because Mecha-Drago did like 250 damage with an attack, lol. I'm not sure if that's a universal thing that happens when he's about to die or is just a random attack, though.

Drippy

Smash Ace
If you're on Chapter 2, use the Battle Memory to practice combos. The enemies don't attack you never die, so you can just practice stuff out. It's how I got more accustomed to the system.

I was level 16 when I fought Mecha-Drago. I beat him the third time I fought him, which is after I grinded out some levels. Grinding was really easy with the revitalizing machine thing, as you never have to worry about dying. When fighting Mecha-Drago, I believe it's recommended to have your HP over 50 so the fire thing doesn't kill you.

Actually, thinking to it, I ended up dying but the scrolling HP let me win. The only reason I died was because Mecha-Drago did like 250 damage with an attack, lol. I'm not sure if that's a universal thing that happens when he's about to die or is just a random attack, though.
I don't think I got to the Battle Memory yet and dude I was so mad. I used like two Beef Jerkys to heal myself to full, literally walk into the cave and find a Revitalizer there... And yeah I had my health at like 50 ~ 60 when I killed him the next time I believe. Also if you mean when you finish the Mecha-Drago off, it always does that as a final resort.

JohnnyB

Smash Journeyman
My top 3 songs for remix in smash 4:
Happy Town
Natural Killer Cyborg
Master Porky's Theme

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
So many people playing Mother 3 due to Lucas coming back... It warms my heart.:4lucas:

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
Geez, I'm late...
I literally just got back from vacation where I had no internet (though I did manage to find some when the Direct went down! Phew!) I just wanted to say 'Well done everybody!' and Welcome back Lucas! :ness:

(I swear I didn't cryEmbarrass
I'm just so happy!!)

Drippy

Smash Ace
So many people playing Mother 3 due to Lucas coming back... It warms my heart.:4lucas:
I've always liked the series (I always read the wikia and the entire story of the game) a long time ago but either I'm to lazy, occupied with another game, and I just don't like emulation. That's why I plan on buying a Mother 3 cartridge + GBA soon.

Last edited:

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I'm gonna 100% it again before June.

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
Almost makes me think the one year anniversary of that joke they did might mean something.
Mother 3 is coming I sense it.
Do you know how much I want this? Eugh I don't think I should hype myself up though...
never mind gunna disappoint HYPEHYPEHYPE <3

Drippy

Smash Ace
I'm going to 100% Earthbound before June, my 100% playthrough of Mother 3 comes after I get a GBA and the cartridge. After that I'll probably try to emulate Mother or I'll be beating Dark Clouds (never got around to finishing it :() or 100% SMT IV because I had like a few demons left in that game to fuse to complete my compendium and then getting around to beating SMT: SJ because I rushed that game and got a ending I didn't want. Though this will probably be over the course of the entire year since I want to play SSB4 competitively and don't want to sink to much time into RPGs haha.

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
So, does anyone here own the Mother 3 handbook?

I bought it a few years back, and it's so good. Full of fanmade art and even clay figures to match the Earthbound guide. It's really impressive.

Drippy

Smash Ace

I bought it a few years back, and it's so good. Full of fanmade art and even clay figures to match the Earthbound guide. It's really impressive.
I actually found that Mother 3 guidebook site yesterday and I definitely would like to purchase one, including they're only like $20.

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775

I actually do own it! (Along with some of their other Mother merch)
You can really tell how much love they put into it.

Drippy

Smash Ace
I hope the Mother 4 creators do the same thing, I'd love to see them make a guide / art book for Mother 4 so I could support them. It really makes me happy to see people putting so much time and effort into a project despite making no profit just because their big fan of the series. Hopefully M4 will get their popularity up and they start collaborating with some companies or something and making their own games.

Last edited:

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
I hope the Mother 4 creators do the same thing, I'd love to see them make a guide / art book for Mother 4 so I could support them. It really makes me happy to see people putting so much time and effort into a project despite making no profit just because their big fan of the series. Hopefully M4 will get their popularity up and they start collaborating with some companies or something and making their own games.
Although it isn't for Mother 4, Fangamer are making a guide book for Earthbound to be released next year if I remember correctly? You can pay different prices for more things including a backpack based on Ness' and filled with Mother goodies! :love:
The amount of effort that has been going into Mother 4 is amazing and I hope these guys at least get offically praised or recognized and not just sued. Can't wait to play it and would definitely pay for a guide AND the game (though they aren't charging.)

1/128

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chrono-Omega
Hello all, I don't know if this is quite the place to post this, but yeah. I've been lurking in the boards since SSB4 was first announced, but I didn't join for... whatever reason. But now that Lucas is announced, I decided making an account because I want to "be part of the community" to be helped and to help, if I can. So, hello to you all, guys!

Drippy

Smash Ace
Listening to some more OST, I'd like this to be the OST or a variation of this if there was a Osohe Castle stage:

Although it isn't for Mother 4, Fangamer are making a guide book for Earthbound to be released next year if I remember correctly? You can pay different prices for more things including a backpack based on Ness' and filled with Mother goodies! :love:
The amount of effort that has been going into Mother 4 is amazing and I hope these guys at least get offically praised or recognized and not just sued. Can't wait to play it and would definitely pay for a guide AND the game (though they aren't charging.)
Wow that's awesome, I really I have some money by that time around. My goal is to start my own Shin Megami Tensei and Earthbound collection. Also it would really suck and be a scummy move IMO if Nintendo were to sue them for making a non-profitable game.

Hello all, I don't know if this is quite the place to post this, but yeah. I've been lurking in the boards since SSB4 was first announced, but I didn't join for... whatever reason. But now that Lucas is announced, I decided making an account because I want to "be part of the community" to be helped and to help, if I can. So, hello to you all, guys!
Welcome to the fam, and I used to be a big lurker too as well because I felt like I wouldn't contribute much to conversations involving characters and their techs in stuff so I'm kind of happy there's a discussion group just for talking about stuff.

Last edited:

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
I was exactly the same! I still don't join in half the time and just lurk because... ermm... :p
Welcome to the Lucas thread! It's great to see you! :oneeye:

Wow that's awesome, I really I have some money by that time around. My goal is to start my own Shin Megami Tensei and Earthbound collection. Also it would really suck and be a scummy move IMO if Nintendo were to sue them for making a non-profitable game.
I have a small Earthbound collection and am aiming to make it a lot bigger! It is really awesome and hopefully I will have some money then too! Hopefully Nintendo wouldn't sue. I honestly don't think they would unless they were planning to rerelease the games or they had a plan for the series in the future. (E3 maybe?)

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace
I have a small Earthbound collection and am aiming to make it a lot bigger! It is really awesome and hopefully I will have some money then too! Hopefully Nintendo wouldn't sue. I honestly don't think they would unless they were planning to rerelease the games or they had a plan for the series in the future. (E3 maybe?)
Overall there's a lot of things I want to collect but money is holding me back, and yea I feel like the only reason why Nintendo would sue assuming they would, is because they're planning on releasing a new Mother game (I doubt they'd do it if they were only re-releasing). Though I doubt it because this project has been well-known for a long time and I'm sure Nintendo would've at least told them a long time ago before they already worked on a lot on the project.

Starlol9

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Starlol9
3DS FC
0130-3074-4775
Overall there's a lot of things I want to collect but money is holding me back, and yea I feel like the only reason why Nintendo would sue assuming they would, is because they're planning on releasing a new Mother game (I doubt they'd do it if they were only re-releasing). Though I doubt it because this project has been well-known for a long time and I'm sure Nintendo would've at least told them a long time ago before they already worked on a lot on the project.
Ditto, I literally save every penny just because I barely have any money. But Earthbound items are always expensive. :glare:
Lawyers can be annoying though and just crush all your dreams. I think we will be okay though. I swear Itoi has seen the project which makes me happy inside. :)

Drippy

Smash Ace
Ditto, I literally save every penny just because I barely have any money. But Earthbound items are always expensive. :glare:
Lawyers can be annoying though and just crush all your dreams. I think we will be okay though. I swear Itoi has seen the project which makes me happy inside. :)
Yeah I just don't see him as the type of guy who would do that. I'd personally be kind of happy to see how passionate my fans are about the series if I was him.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
I believe somewhere Itoi quoted Mother 4 would never be created, and I believe I also read he would want to see others make the next installment, even from the fans.

I may be wrong, but I swear I've read this somewhere.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558

Itoi said in an interview a little while ago that although he doesn't want to make another Mother, he wishes he could have been a player of the previous Mother games and would have enjoyed them. He has said he would love to play a Mother 4 made by someone else, though I don't think he was expecting people would go so far as to make a game - his interpretation of a Mother 4 includes a good stage play because he couldn't 'get enough of the dialogue', or simply going with life in all its zany nature. I think though if he saw the Mother 4 game he'd be pretty impressed by it, and hopefully he'd make it official or work with the creators on minor edits and then make it official if he had to. You should check out the interview, it's pretty cute: http://earthboundcentral.com/2011/04/shigesato-itoi-discusses-mother-4/

Last edited:
Top Bottom