• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Actually thinking about this more, a battle theme medley would probably be the best (my opinion, of course). MOTHER 3's soundtrack is so eclectic.

This is all wishful thinking though because there's no competitively viable MOTHER stage so we really wouldn't hear it in-game. A shame, honestly.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Actually thinking about this more, a battle theme medley would probably be the best (my opinion, of course). MOTHER 3's soundtrack is so eclectic.

This is all wishful thinking though because there's no competitively viable MOTHER stage so we really wouldn't hear it in-game. A shame, honestly.
At least Omega versions exist now. Better than in Brawl where you had to be at New Pork to hear Mother 3 music. :/

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I actually really liked NPC...:nervous:

It's less of a mess than Palutena's Temple, at least.

Last edited:

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Listen, it's all about this song.
Hell even the name is golden, who wouldn't like Toilet Cow?
He might even be a friend of our God Boney.

OKAY BUT ANOTHER SONG FORREAL, WHY IS THIS NOT IN THE GAME?

The fact that this isn't in kinda irks me, like... this song is PERFECT.
I would say it's chaotic, but all Mother 3 music is pretty chaotic.

Last edited:

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I liked NPC's aesthetic a lot, but not so much its structure.

I didn't mind it too much though.

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Listen, it's all about this song.
Hell even the name is golden, who wouldn't like Toilet Cow?
He might even be a friend of our God Boney.

OKAY BUT ANOTHER SONG FORREAL, WHY IS THIS NOT IN THE GAME?

The fact that this isn't in kinda irks me, like... this song is PERFECT.
I would say it's chaotic, but all Mother 3 music is pretty chaotic.
Well, Wasteful Anthem isn't in i figure because we already have Song of Pride/Unfounded Revenge which is really similar to Wasteful Anthem.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Well, Wasteful Anthem isn't in i figure because we already have Song of Pride/Unfounded Revenge which is really similar to Wasteful Anthem.
I suppose so, I love Strong One (especially when it plays for Negative man LOL) but... I'd rather have something else honestly.

Life is but a moment... a meaningless grain of sand...
I'm nothing but a worthless protoplasm...

Shaymikyu

In terms of Mother songs not already in, my votes go to Wisdom of the World, Pokey Means Business, and Natural Killer Cyborg.

derpcube

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if the claus costume for lucas will appear as claus in game sorta like Bowser jrs alts or alph.

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
In terms of Earthbound music, I would love this:

And the obvious Pokey means business.

Soul.

More Sonic music for DLC because Sonic's only good thing is the music nowadays.

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Ride Through Gravity was pretty good in that game, thats about it.

P.S. Anybody want omelets?

Cuz u kno... Lucas

Okay forreal, its so hard waiting for this, I might go play Brawl or something.

Last edited:

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Idk why but watching reveal videos of Lucas makes me smile everytime.

People so excited and happy, just feels nice...

Idk if people would get this hype over other veterans, I expect more of a laid back cool guy saying "Awww hell yeah!" when it comes to people like Wolf/Snake.

Edit: Why is my sig not showing?

Last edited:

MainJPW

M.T.A
Idk why but watching reveal videos of Lucas makes me smile everytime.

People so excited and happy, just feels nice...

Idk if people would get this hype over other veterans, I expect more of a laid back cool guy saying "Awww hell yeah!" when it comes to people like Wolf/Snake.
Hype is contagious that way, your excitement builds with theirs.

Shaymikyu

And a Jeff costume for the Mii Gunner. And maybe get some Mother 1 in there and give the Brawler a Teddy costume.

Drippy

Smash Ace
I just started Mother 3...
AND I ALREADY FEEL SO SAD, WTF?
Also I was talking about how cool it'd be to have a Masked Man Mii Swordsman costume in one of the threads here or the Mega Man forums, can't remember and I'd love for that to happen because Mii Swordsfighter is my main Mii Fighter and I'm already going to buy the Monkey Suit first day.

EDIT:
Wow watching some of the Brawl cutscenes and this really makes me happy to see Lucas's character developement within the Smash Bros series. I remember when I first played Brawl I didn't really know much about the Mother series butI do know I liked Ness a lot but never much of Lucas. I used to play a lot of SSE and I assume it's probably because of how wimply he was in the Subspace Emissary and now he's perhaps one of my favorite video game characters.

Also playing Mother 3 now, I wish they incorporated the rhythm / combo game mechanic somehow into his play-style. It'd be kind of cool if one of his special attacks were kind of like Marth's Dancing Blade which in a way is kind of a "rhythmic" attack. I'd love to see him doing something similar, and hearing those beats in Mother 3 is so satisfying, I can't imagine how satisfying it'd be to hear in SSB.

Last edited:

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
Guys, I am just leaving this here:

both of these so perfectly fit Lucas' return to smash

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
All I really need in terms of MOTHER 3 music is Mom's Hometown and Run, My Dog, Run!. Like Looking for Dropped Pickles would be great, too. Playing on Onett Omega is so hard when MOTHER 3 music is playing, though, because then you're thinking of everything regarding the game and can no longer concentrate.

In terms of stages, Tazmily Village with a travelling background similar to Smashville showing the different locations of Tazmily Village and around it. NPCs such as Boney and Flint would appear, too. I'm not so sure how the layout of the stage itself would be, though.

If we can't have that, give me Magicant HD or I'll cry before the end. Oshoe Castle would be cool, but I'd rather have something else to represent the games.

also just please, give me a Boney victory taunt and I'll be set forever

OH MY GOD PUT MR. BATTY'S TWIST IN SMASH

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace
All I really need in terms of MOTHER 3 music is Mom's Hometown and Run, My Dog, Run!. Like Looking for Dropped Pickles would be great, too. Playing on Onett Omega is so hard when MOTHER 3 music is playing, though, because then you're thinking of everything regarding the game and can no longer concentrate.

In terms of stages, Tazmily Village with a travelling background similar to Smashville showing the different locations of Tazmily Village and around it. NPCs such as Boney and Flint would appear, too. I'm not so sure how the layout of the stage itself would be, though.

If we can't have that, give me Magicant HD or I'll cry before the end. Oshoe Castle would be cool, but I'd rather have something else to represent the games.

also just please, give me a Boney victory taunt and I'll be set forever

OH MY GOD PUT MR. BATTY'S TWIST IN SMASH
Yessssss! You have like the same taste as me in terms of Mother 3 OST so far :p! The only thing I'd add would be a remix to "A Railway in Our Village!" would be pretty cool too. On the other hand I can't really offer much on what stages I'd like to see but at the point of the game I'm at (been playing for like about three hours straight...), I'm in full support of Osohe Castle or Tazmily Village.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
OH MY GOD "A Railway in Our Village!" IS SO GOOD. YES. PLEASE ADD THIS TO SMASH.

Where are you in the game right now?

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Magicant without the Flying Men... Imagine...
Awww, as much as the Flying Men are the craziest hazard, I love the fact that they're in the stage. I was like @.@ when I saw them and heard that you could only get help from them 5 times, I was like "haha of course".

But yeah a stage like Magicant might be somewhat viable if they weren't there, competitively speaking.

I really love 'mom's hometown'. Though it already is in smash, kinda. It makes up the first part of the 'Mother 3 Love theme'

Last edited:

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
i really do hope they put a Mother 3 stage in. something we can see in tournaments preferably.

Tazmily would be a pretty sweet stage, but there are also other places in Mother 3 and there's so much potential.
There's about a bazillion different places in the game and all of them could be interesting stages. It'd be such a shame if they left it sitting there untapped, and that's true for other series as well.

Also, more Mother 3 music and more Mother trophies would be nice.

Drippy

Smash Ace
OH MY GOD "A Railway in Our Village!" IS SO GOOD. YES. PLEASE ADD THIS TO SMASH.

Where are you in the game right now?
Just got to Chapter 2 where you're playing as Duster and you get into Osohe Castle. I just beat Earthbound today so yea I didn't get really far on Mother 3 and I need to start practicing SSB4 because I haven't been practicing lately so I probably won't be playing that much either. On the other hand I'm loving the game but I don't fully understand the rhythm combo mechanic in-game, I feel like I'm following the rhythm of their heartbeat but nothing happens, it may just be emulation lag.

Top Bottom