• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

MysticKnives

Smash Ace
He might have left Lucas out intentionally because people always complain about clone characters taking up slots and development time, but who knows

Cause I mean to be fair Lucas is about as much of a clone as Wolf was.
So pretty much at worse: A semi-clone. Honestly though, playing him and Ness, they felt different.

So pretty much at worse: A semi-clone. Honestly though, playing him and Ness, they felt different.
Yeah, semi clone is probably the best term. What I mean is that Wolf and Fox were only clones in terms of their specials, and even then the similarities were mostly superficial. The same thing is going on with Ness and Lucas. They both have a PSI Magnet which absorbs energy, but Lucas's has a damaging hitbox at the end. They both have a PK Fire, which sends out a little thunderbolt and burns people, but Lucas's is more of a disrupter rather than a setup like Ness's. They both have PK Thunder, but Lucas isn't ****ed if somebody intentionally goes out and gets hit by PKT1. They both have an exploding, chargeable PK attack, but Lucas's is faster, weaker, and I mean just has a totally different hitbox.

Then we move into standard attacks, and aside from FSmash they're totally different.

Last edited:

Lucimar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Callin
3DS FC
1332-8783-7823
So happy that Lucas returns! My two Brawl mains are reunited! :4lucas::4olimar: Congratulations to every other Lucas supporter too!

Here's hoping that Mother 3 will release on virtual console so I can finally have an excuse to play it.

Trekkerjoe

Smash Journeyman
I'm a little late for this but I put it here anyway:
CONGRATULATIONS and welcome back!

Really glad he's back! From the brawl days, I could tell that Lucas belonged. Now that he's back, I am hype to see how much he changed, and I hope he turns out to be viable(the balance patches should make sure of that).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Congrats to everyone that was wanting him in the game! I may pick him up as a third character if he ends up being decent. :happysheep:

Last edited by a moderator:

Drippy

Smash Ace
Congrats to everyone that was wanting him in the game! I may pick him up as a third character if he ends up being decent. :happysheep:
It's really a shame because I thought I've already finalized all my mains and they had to reveal Lucas! Oh well, just another character to add to my roster, I just don't want to be those people who play a bazillion characters. :(

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm really glad he's back. He was my most wanted vet to return. I'm hoping to see Wolf, K Rool, and MAYBE Lloyd Irving too as well.

Drippy

Smash Ace
I'm really glad he's back. He was my most wanted vet to return. I'm hoping to see Wolf, K Rool, and MAYBE Lloyd Irving too as well.
I was pretty sad that Lucas wasn't at least an alternate costume for Ness. It makes me wonder if they had always been planning on putting him in the game or heavily considering to put him in because making him an alt for Ness just seemed like the most obvious choice (assuming he didn't return).

D

Deleted member

It's really a shame because I thought I've already finalized all my mains and they had to reveal Lucas! Oh well, just another character to add to my roster, I just don't want to be those people who play a bazillion characters. :(
Same here. He just looked too damn awesome in that trailer and if he actually ends up being good, I guess I can squeeze one more main in.;)

I'll be hanging out here a lot, so hello everyone!

Drippy

Smash Ace
Same here. He just looked too damn awesome in that trailer and if he actually ends up being good, I guess I can squeeze one more main in.;)

I'll be hanging out here a lot, so hello everyone!
For now I really want to strictly focus on three mains: Mega Man / Wario / Lucas but if I really like Mewtwo (and I was super hyped for him until Lucas), I may have to unfortunately drop Wario because I don't think I'm at the skill level where I can afford to have to many mains and be really good at all of them.

Also welcome to the fam!

Nixon Corral

Southland Scion
NNID
Nixon_Corral
Can I just say thank you for being there to support us and congratulate us? It feels nice when someone outside of the Lucas/mother circle is happy with us. You're awesome.
Haha, thanks! The way I see it, no matter how insignificant a character may be to me or anyone else, that character matters A LOT to someone out there. He/she is someone's favorite character that they were dying to see return. I was super anxious the whole time Falcon wasn't confirmed leading up to Smash 4's release (especially since it's been so long since an F-Zero came out :ohwell:), and I just shot through the roof with excitement during the Robin/Lucina trailer. I imagine tons of people felt the same thrill about Lucas's reveal.

Speaking of the Lucas/Mother circle, I'm also super looking forward to Nintendo finally localizing Mother 3. They keep teasing it, so it's gotta happen, right? I know there are fan translations, but something about that just isn't the same, you know? Really hoping that finally materializes. Everyone says it's such a great game (And EB/Mother 2 certainly is).

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I made a Lucas MLG video.....

[collapse=Volume + Wombo Combo curses warning]
[/collapse]

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
The fan translation is so fantastic that I keep forgetting it's not professional work.

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Yeah, semi clone is probably the best term. What I mean is that Wolf and Fox were only clones in terms of their specials, and even then the similarities were mostly superficial. The same thing is going on with Ness and Lucas. They both have a PSI Magnet which absorbs energy, but Lucas's has a damaging hitbox at the end. They both have a PK Fire, which sends out a little thunderbolt and burns people, but Lucas's is more of a disrupter rather than a setup like Ness's. They both have PK Thunder, but Lucas isn't ****ed if somebody intentionally goes out and gets hit by PKT1. They both have an exploding, chargeable PK attack, but Lucas's is faster, weaker, and I mean just has a totally different hitbox.

Then we move into standard attacks, and aside from FSmash they're totally different.
Ahhh Lucas' PK Thunder....
The one reason I started playing him in the first place :p

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

I kinda feel like there should be another term for characters like Lucas, Wolf and characters of that nature that only share a few moves, mostly being specials

Semi-semi clones?No that's a sucky name, Special Clones maybe? Yeah I got nothing

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Guys, guys, guys.

He's in. I'm still in shock. A part of me thought I'd wake up to find out it was a dream or April Fools prank.

It's real.

Nebulax

Smash Cadet
I will not say do not weep, for not all tears are an evil.

And believe me, I'm crying too. We've got there.

Drippy

Smash Ace
I know they're completely different characters but would this still be possible? I'd imagine it'd still work for Lucas and I also assume this probably would be the most orgasmic feeling of all if you manage to pull this off as Lucas.

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
So uh, I was watching the direct. And I may or may not have screamed as soon as I heard that "PK Fire". I stood up and just lost it. I threw my phone on the floor and started to tear up, and I'm not even ashamed.

Welcome back, my favorite little crybaby c':

( L U C A S B O Y S)

Last edited:

Drippy

Smash Ace
So uh, I was watching the direct. And I may or may not have screamed as soon as I heard that "PK Fire". I stood up and just lost it. I threw my phone on the floor and started to tear up, and I'm not even ashamed.

Welcome back, my favorite little crybaby c':

( L U C A S B O Y S)
#lucasboyz
I think the greatest thing about this is seeing the community being so hyped over Lucas and just seeing everyone here interacting and talking about him.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
#lucasboyz
I think the greatest thing about this is seeing the community being so hyped over Lucas and just seeing everyone here interacting and talking about him.
Seriously, I think he's getting more attention and love now than he did in Brawl.

Maybe making him DLC and not making the initial cut was more of a blessing for him than a curse.

Drippy

Smash Ace
Seriously, I think he's getting more attention and love now than he did in Brawl.

Maybe making him DLC and not making the initial cut was more of a blessing for him than a curse.
That's most likely true, I feel if he did just came back as a non-DLC not much people would have cared. And yesterday when the Reddit post got like 4000+ upvotes just for the return of Lucas, that was some real hype right there.

Wow. nearly 50% with one attack. That's insaneee
I totally want to try this out with Lucas when he's out. I feel like it won't be a staple thing to know about him because it seems kind of situational but wow that feeling when you pull it off.

Andinus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kyonyuudaisuki
If Lucas is top tier in about the same way that Ness is, I wouldn't be upset at all. Diddy and maybe Sheik/Sonic are the only characters I can see people legitimately complaining about because of how skewed their risk v reward is and how much they invalidate certain members of the cast. It's natural for a game to have top tiers, and anyway I doubt they'd make him obnoxious in any way, shape or form. ^_^
I think Lucas could end up higher tier than ness this game. Mostly because of his tether recovery, and PKT that won't gimp off hitting an opponent.

Drippy

Smash Ace
I think Lucas could end up higher tier than ness this game. Mostly because of his tether recovery, and PKT that won't gimp off hitting an opponent.
I don't know, I mean assuming Lucas's PK Thunder is exactly the same as Ness's Lasting PK Thunder custom move, people don't really care for the PKT not being as gimpable. I'm not sure if Lucas's PK Thunder will be to big a deal tbh in terms of his placement on the tier list, and even than I hope he won't be top tier. Wouldn't want everyone to be playing my Lucas :p

Top Bottom