• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social PK Love - Lucas Social Thread: “Inside the mailbox was absolutely nothing”

BlueberrySyrup

Smash Lord
NNID
BlueberrySyrup
Eh, darn it. I couldn't resist changing my avatar today. Normally I'm not a fan of the ilk, but this shot is just so clean and well done.
I would do the same but I love my avatar too much.
It even made Mekos jelly and he stole it for a signature haha

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Obligatory avatar change.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
HOOREH 4 LORCES

JOON FORTINTH BAIBEE!

(he also gets to be on the top row in my signature because the is no room for him to be beside Ness, so you get to see him all the time)

Last edited:

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
Playin Ness like a mad man now out of hype for Lucas. :ness:

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I just realized that since Lucas probably has the same weight as Ness, both of my mains will have the same weight value.

Except one is super fast and the other isn't, while also being floaty.

I guess there'll be a lot of variation between the two at least =V

Drippy

Smash Ace
I think the second hit has no hexagons. I actually didn't think about the fact that they showed his down smash :p I hope he keeps his Dair and Uair from Brawl.

Me too. I hope they buff Greninja (they probably won't), nerf Ness (again,they probably won't.) Maybe give Sheik some more lag on her moves. They need to buff G&W too. ugh, there's too many characters they need to nerf *cough* every Mario character *cough* (besides Doc Mario)
If Greninja does get buffs it shouldn't be to major. Playing him personally and seeing the opinion of top level players, everyone agree he's really strong with untapped potential but he's difficult to play and I don't think a lot of pros want to put the time into learning him. On the other hand some nerfs would be like a 20% nerf to Ness's BThrow so it kills later, and less follow ups from Luigi's DThrow or reduce his damage potential. I'm not so sure about Sheik, I despise the character but I don't feel she's broken. I'd probably focus more on buffing low tiers than nerfing characters too.

Deidara

Banned via Warnings
If Greninja does get buffs it shouldn't be to major. Playing him personally and seeing the opinion of top level players, everyone agree he's really strong with untapped potential but he's difficult to play and I don't think a lot of pros want to put the time into learning him. On the other hand some nerfs would be like a 20% nerf to Ness's BThrow so it kills later, and less follow ups from Luigi's DThrow or reduce his damage potential. I'm not so sure about Sheik, I despise the character but I don't feel she's broken. I'd probably focus more on buffing low tiers than nerfing characters too.
I think you're right on pretty much all of that, but I feel Greninja's shadow sneak needs to be buffed desperately, super predictable, not great damage, laggy, etc. I dunno.

Some hype dancin~
Beautiful

But think of others who want them at least. Even if you don't understand why they'd want 'em. :4pacman:
I don't care. I don't. they're disgusting

Deidara

Banned via Warnings
He shouldn't be banned. it should be common sense for players not to pick a character they aren't familiarized with yet for EVO anyway. I guess banning him doesn't really change it though.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
Aw, Yeah! I heard about Lucas's release date! :4lucas: Looking forward to having him back again in Smash 4! :bee:

FSLink

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FSLink
He shouldn't be banned. it should be common sense for players not to pick a character they aren't familiarized with yet for EVO anyway. I guess banning him doesn't really change it though.
It's more of a courtesy to people who aren't picking him, not for people picking him. Plus the amount of time it would take to get Lucas on every system. It's a bit different for Mewtwo where they had months to get him + the Custom Moveset Project sets on the systems.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
Greninja doesn't need any changes other than make so that people can't fall out of Up-Air.

Shadow Sneak is probably one of his best tools if you know what you're doing.

Deidara

Banned via Warnings
Greninja doesn't need any changes other than make so that people can't fall out of Up-Air.

Shadow Sneak is probably one of his best tools if you know what you're doing.
You're probably right, I don't play Greninja, but my brother mains him, so I know stuff about him. I definitely agree that they need to fix up air.

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
The thing that makes Shadow Sneak great is that it's start-up is perfect for covering rolls and air dodges. So if you pick-up on your opponent's habits...

It's a mix-up tool and it does its job wonderfully. I think people just think it's bad because most people don't try to be creative with it.

Drippy

Smash Ace
The thing that makes Shadow Sneak great is that it's start-up is perfect for covering rolls and air dodges. So if you pick-up on your opponent's habits...

It's a mix-up tool and it does its job wonderfully. I think people just think it's bad because most people don't try to be creative with it.
This, it's a move that shouldn't be recklessly used. It doesn't need to be buffed IMO

Samgan

Smash Rookie
NNID
Samgan
I hope he will be a sold character just like in brawl and hope to see him in competive

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
I was already hyped for this,and now even more so now that there's 3DS screenshots!
(Yes,always was more hyped for 3DS version than Wii U)
Now just one more fighter and I'll be satisfied...

Soul.

I was always interested on how was he going to look like in the 3DS version.
They did him justice.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Lucas' Drago shirt is now one of my favorites. He has so many good alts that I can't pick just one! ;_;

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Jesus, how do people come up with this? This is so sad and sweet at the same time.
:3

skeletonboxers

Smash Cadet
NNID
tabster123
3DS FC
4983-5230-3260
I just realized something.
If people draw Hinawa on Miiverse and she shows up in the background of the Miiverse stage for Lucas, I think I'm gonna cry.
I plan on doing this immediately when Lucas comes out. Gotta make people feel my feels.
"To think we would be blessed with two children at once..."

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
I plan on doing this immediately when Lucas comes out. Gotta make people feel my feels.
"To think we would be blessed with two children at once..."
Welp, looks like Miiverse will be a banned stage for its interfering stage hazard: the feels. ;_:

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
What are the odds people go out on Miiverse and start creating hundreds of pictures/quotes from M3 at its most emotional moments... That would be such an intense match ;_;

skeletonboxers

Smash Cadet
NNID
tabster123
3DS FC
4983-5230-3260
What are the odds people go out on Miiverse and start creating hundreds of pictures/quotes from M3 at its most emotional moments... That would be such an intense match ;_;
oh man just imagine doing a local battle at home and youre just choking back tears as you fight. even worse when noone knows the emotional investment lucas causes.
"Claus... embraced Lucas"

I'm really considering recreating the final battle all within smash. I have some of the dialogue planned out.

Top Bottom