• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PK Cross? PK Flash?

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
Its Flash. He just says it with an Japanese accent since he is voiced by a Japanese voice actress. In Japanese, its Romanized as PK Furashu. Kirby can say clearer than Ness can if Kirby inhales him.

Kros

Smash Apprentice
I remember someone said it sounded like Pulse...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It's Flash. It's just that Ness has a retardedly thick Japanese accent. :laugh: In Earthbound, PK Flash was an attack that did all sorts of things if it didn't miss. It could make your opponent start crying uncontrollably, it could give them a cold, it could confuse them, and it could sometimes kill them in one hit. I think PK Flash Omega could even kill some of the bosses in the game. Overall though, PK Rockin' was his strongest attack.

YumClock

Smash Apprentice
Japanese? Try German-Australian-South African-Russian-Argentenian and whatever else you can figure out.

...But yeah.....it's flash.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
oh THATs why hesays it like that. I was wondering whythey changed the voice clip for PKF but not Flash.

Emperor Mario

Smash Cadet
Speeking of voice clips does Ness have the same voice acter in all of the games? cause he sounds kinda different in the N64.

Emperor Mario

Smash Cadet
By now I can see it's flash, but why can't people understand him? We can understand Fire, Thunder, and Starstorm; why not Flash?
I did not understand him when he said PK Statstorm until some pointed it out to me and even my brother thought he was saying PK kune fu

Nestec

Smash Ace
Speaking of PK Flash, lol, I think this move needs to be explored some more for use.

Right now, it seems so useless it's not even funny.

XD Actually, it is...

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Speaking of PK Flash, lol, I think this move needs to be explored some more for use.

Right now, it seems so useless it's not even funny.

XD Actually, it is...
Like FLUDD (Mario's one of my other mains), it's a move that shouldn't be used randomly and can be extremelly useful when you use it at the right time. I mainly use it for fake outs in order to either 1) fool my opponent into DIing towards me so I can countered with utilt, usmash, pkthunder, or shield an aerial so I can go into a quick grab or 2) scare my opponent away from the edge so that they recover too late or air dodge thus screwing up their timing for recovery. The second option works quite well against people with average to below average recoveries. For example, it's extremelly intimidating to Link and Ike players. Also, with proper spacing and timing, you can unleash it right on the edge thus making it very probable that they'll get nailed with a full powered blast.

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
Well, it's flash, but it sounds like furashu because Japanese doesn't have the L sound, so you substitute with R. You also have to always have a consonant-vowel sound thats why you have the "u" at the end.

Flash-fulash-furash-furashu

Oddly enough, I think it sounds like pulse.... but yea, it's flash

Catonis

Smash Rookie
Technically it is Flash. On an unrelated note I think they stole PK Flash from Geno's Geno Flash. The moves are almost exactly alike.

-GourrY-

Smash Rookie
Actually, you can use PK Flash to protect Ness directly above him with an uncharged explosion. It is very quick ;P If you want to charge, you will need m1ndG4m3z and 3dg3Gu4rD probably

It sounds like PK Flush! So I think it is PK Flash...

Jonkku

Lacks pick-up lines.
By now I can see it's flash, but why can't people understand him? We can understand Fire, Thunder, and Starstorm; why not Flash?
I can actually understand Flash perfectly, but Starstorm.. I only hear him yell "PK Stars!" which is quite weird.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
I can actually understand Flash perfectly, but Starstorm.. I only hear him yell "PK Stars!" which is quite weird.
Your right, flash is easily distiguishable. Also i always think he says starfall oppose to starstorm

Inuakurei

Smash Rookie
I always thought it sounded like he was saying PK Crush lol. I KNOW its PK Flash but to me it sounds like he says PK Crush.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
^^^
That's a new one :p

Ness has the most mystery name moves ever. PK Flash is Cross, Crush, Frost, Flush, Pulse, and now Spark. And dont even start me with PKT2.

Top Bottom