• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit stage disscussion thread (PS2)

Genome Squirrel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DarkCoffee
you pit's should constrain you stage discussion to legal stages
at least until you run out of legal stages

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Skyworld is a legal stage though. lol

Anyway there is no clear reason why this stage should be banned. A lot of people just find it annoying. Heck it's even easier to destroy then Luigi's Mansion. =P

This is probably in Pit's top three stages. Arrows are highly effective if used properly. If you're in the middle of the stage there are only a few places where your Arrows won't be effective. As for Looping and Raining? With this sort of stage advantage who needs it? ^_^

In short, learn to tech and counterpick this stage in any tournament that has it legal. People never practice it because they've never took the time to learn the stage and assume it's banned because some people say so.

Genome Squirrel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DarkCoffee
I've consistently seen it as illegal
the official stage discussion shows it as between banned/counter even though i know its just a guide for TO's. http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=153706

well the list enlightened me a bit, i'm genuinely surprised by a few stages that i would have never considered viable, looks like i got more reading up to do (i appreciate logical discussion).
sorry for being brash.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Nothing wrong with brash unless it's over the top. And you were far from the top. ^_^ Welcome to Smashboards btw!

Doctor X

Smash Lord
I wouldn't pick this stage, personally. Even when it's legal I think there are far better stages you could pick. The destruction of the edges can be really bad. Not only will it make your ledgegame impossible, it also makes recovering with WoI, in the even that you have to, incredibly dangerous and will likely cost you a stock.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
I think its a good stage for Pit, you can destroy the platforms and still be ok where as alot of the cast could fall because there is nothing there, Its big enough so that you get to take advantage of your recovery. And if you learn to destroy the main platform then up tilt or up smash until they get sent through the bottem yoru opponent is in trouble (for the most part) where as if pit gets hit under he can ususally get back.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
PS2 is one hell of a tricky stage, the ice is great for Pit, as your >B will go across the whole thing and they can't get out, but the flying stage messes with me alot, and really helps stop gimping. the elitric stage really messes me up with the belts trying to drag you off the stage from both sides. I have never lost on this stage before, how ever not alot of people like it or try to go there, I am one of them how has avoided it in the past but might start putting it into my list of possable picks depending on what advice people say.

Also I just saw Undr's halloween show and got alot of good ideas for this stage so I should be happy to here what he has to say seeing as this was the stage for 90% of the vid.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Bumpedy bumpedy bump bump bump. I have a question for you guys. Would any of you agree on this?:

:pit: Pit
Best: Lylat Cruise
Worst: Pokemon Stadium 1
It's for this thread, discussing each character's 3 general best and worst stages.

If no, suggestions?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Bumpedy bumpedy bump bump bump. I have a question for you guys. Would any of you agree on this?:

It's for this thread, discussing each character's 3 general best and worst stages.

If no, suggestions?
I can tell you that Pit works really well at Norfair, U-airs after U-airs, campin at platforms, great room for arrows and loops, and great for gliding. I consider it better than Lylat.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
I personally hate Luigi's Mansion, but most Pit mains would agree that Yoshi's Island is probably his worst stage. Pokemon Stadium 1 isn't all that bad. Other than the fact that you can't fly under it, it's a pretty good stage. So you should change his worst stage to Yoshi's Island, and add Norfair and possibly Halberd to his best stages.

Doctor X

Smash Lord
PS2... not sure what to say, I don't play here a lot. I do know, however, that gliding is not affected by the Flying transformation, which can be an advantage.

Exia 00

Smash Champion
Green Greens works well for me. Shooting explosive blocks with arrows is halarious. your ^B goes through blocks when recovering (and so do your jumps). Its easy to kill off the top since it has a pretty low ceiling. Its also pretty easy to kill off the sides cause of the two side platforms. This also makes Fair gimps really easy (I gimped an MK lol). At low percents, down throw to up air works well since there are 2 hovering platforms above the main platform. Grab releasing (jump release) then shooting an explosive box is pretty funny as well but highly situational. Kind of useless but if you grab an opponent while on a block and use down throw, he will fall as if it were a weak spike. There is a decent amount of space for gliding but I do my gliding under the stage. There are many nuances with this one stage its incredable. Just play smart, as pit is not exactly the heaviest character therefore he can be easily KOed off the side. You should definetly give it a try.

Edit: >_> I never read the title.......Im sorry T-T *sadness*

Seiya7

Smash Apprentice
hm...so since we're off topic and all......

could i get some opinions on jungle japes? at the last tourney 2 of my stocks were taken from the water and alligators which resulted in my loss so i now always ban it, but maybe its just i need to practice on it more

good lvl for pit?

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
JJ is very bad for Pit but lets stay on topic right now, we got 1 post about PS2 and the good DR. wasing sure about it post your oppinions and i will toss up JJ next.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I personally dont like either Pokemon Stadiums. Both wont allow Pit to glide under them, but at least PS2 has a better ledge for camping and to grab on to. Remind me why this one is banned and PS1 isnt?

KY_Des

Smash Ace
PS2's not too bad. You've got side b and sliding fsmash on the ice. Both gliding and WoI are uneffected by the flying transformation. If you can get to the middle of the electric transformation and throw your opponent to either side, it's great for camping. The earth transformation with the hill is probably the only thing that doesn't help out Pit. Well, other than the fact that he can't fly under the stage.

Top Bottom