• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit stage disscussion thread (PS2)

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
So I know this thread won't be as in depth or helpful as the match up thread, also that there are a few smaller threads like this around, and stage tips wont be as helpful as charater tips, but I think that it could help a little with what to pick and try to avoid. So lets see how things go.

Every few days I will but up a new stage and we talk about what little things we should keep in mind when fighting on that stage. From ledge ideas, going under it, blast zones, and the best ways to get the kill on this stage.

Here are I few things I want to talk about for each stage: If it has platforms what is the best way to use them? How do we deal with hazards or even force your opponet into them? how are we going to get our kill? Were would be Pits "strong point" or "weak point" on the stage? Is this a good stage to pick for the most part (it does matter who the other person plays so look at that) And what ever else you want to include with it.

Being that there is no offical Smash Broom stage list up we will start with the assumed neutral stages, and work our way in to the counter picks then maybe even into the banned stages later on.

~Final Destination p. 1-1

~Battlefield p. 1-1

~Yoshi’s Island p. 1-2

~Smashville p. 2-2

~Nofair p. 2-3

~Delfino Plaza p. 3-4

~Pokémon Stadium p. 3-4

~Lylat p. 4-5

~Skyworld p. 6-6

~Pokémon Stadium 2 p. 6-:confused:

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Final Destination is a nice stage for Pit since it doesn't have any platforms and is completely flat making combat and arrows be more consistent. There really is no best way to KO on this stage... I would say it is a good stage for Pit

Prophesized

Smash Cadet
I think that the lack of platforms helps you with arrow techniques greatly. You also don't have to worry about landing on them to be hit from someone under like Ike, or Bowser. There's also a vast visible space around the stage itself. For Pit, dragging them out and pushing them away could be useful against most of your opponents. Maybe when you reach the ledge while coming back, you can drop, jump shoot an arrow and jump back onto the ledge. This will force your opponent to move to the ledge too. Pit's got several ways to drag them from there to off the ledge, and from there you can just bully them to death. What this stage doesn't help with is that Pit's a little light, so he's vulnerable to all sorts of attacks, and the stage doesn't leave you to much protection.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
My perfect place where I can freely control my arrows, and perform Wing tech really well, without no stupid platform disturbing me. Good amount of space and great background. I prefer this place over BF and SV anyday.

Sped

Smash Rookie
I've always loved this stage since the first time i played on it years ago, pure smash at its best. As for advantages, arrow techniques are probably easiest to pull off here (as prophesized has already said) thanks to the basic terrain and lack of platforms.

There's not really much to say tbh about FD except gliding under the stage is great fun if your opponents attempting to gimp your recovery. WoI also works going under the stage if you're in a pinch although don't try this if you can avoid it especially if your opponents got a good projectile (pit's arrows, falco's laser, etc.) or you're gonna get gimped, simple as. Also, if you want some more fun with your opponent start WoI to go under the stage then turn around and grab the ledge, this can sometimes trick them into running to the other side of FD and let's you recover under less pressure, be careful though.

So yeah, it's a pretty good stage for pit.

InfiniteSmash1221

Smash Cadet
One of my favorite areas, but nothing comes to mind atm that's different than what the above posters have said, FD is simplicity at it's best.

cj.Shark

Smash Ace
generally pits best neutral. Pits recovery doesnt get stage gimped which gives his a bonus against marth uusers who tend to give Pit trouble. also against GaW who is also one of pits matchups (nvm barely any gAW get stage gimped but when it happens.. its a blessing!.
obvisously Pits arrow control there is superb and better than almost every other neutral.

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
Good stage, there's a cool glitch here where if Pit glides to a specific spot just below the lip of the edge he gets all his jumps back. Could be handy if you accidentally glide on your last jump.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Those stupid platforms interfere with my Arrow abilities, but they do help limit projectile spammers' effectivness, but I still cherish my arrow abilities.
I still have to get used to this place.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
It's easy for Pit to juggle people with his Up aerial when they are above him especially since the platforms are in the way. Battle field is also easier to WoI across from underneath unlike Final Destination....

Prophesized

Smash Cadet
Like Admiral said, the platforms hinder your arrow capabilities. There are some nice advantages to the platforms though. Pit's uptilt and upair are good moves to pass through the platforms. Also, because Pit's got an amazing edge game, you never have to land on top of the platforms yourself but can just reach the edge. Not as good as FD, but this stage isn't all that bad for Pit

Sped

Smash Rookie
Ummm, I kinda just treat this stage like a smaller FD. I try to avoid standing on the platforms though, especially if my opponents underneath me it's a huge disadvantage IMO. Also, like Prophesized and Admiral said it interrupts my arrow techniques. Other than that though I wouldn't really call it a bad stage for Pit.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Yoshi's island. I hate this stage, the ground messes with alot of moves, it can't be flown under, and the platform is a pain.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Definitely a Pit counter pick unfortunately. Cant go under and the shy guys mess with arrows. Still not an bad bad stage for Pit, just dont be daring at the ledge for gimping and coming back. Safely glide back instead of being aggressive at the ledge. If you find yourself going to get gimped, hug the wall and Walltech.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
I think smashville is a good stage, if you get someone caught in your >B when on the platform, they have such a hard time getting out if it is going the same direction your facing.

NxC

Smash Apprentice
It should be noted that if you WoI off the ground under the moving platform, the spacing is perfect enough where it can be instantly canceled for a quick escape maneuver with almost no risk, other than any consequences of being above your opponent.

This is probably one of my favorite courses, simply because the edges aren't as bad as FD's, and there is plenty of flying freedom. The AR-trap on the moving platform makes the move usable, IMO, and can also set up some great arrow pegging or a higher ground to wing refresh off of after a bair that doesn't quite finish your opponent off.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I suppose I like the stage more than BF... but the platform still messes up my arrows sometimes.

NxC

Smash Apprentice
smashville, is the second best stage for arrow looping and controling, so i say.
Neutral, balanced stage, good for every character
Some Snake players will disagree with that- the platform can catch their mortars, which is their preferred edgeguard as far as I've seen.

I like the platform a lot- it doesn't catch shorthopped arrows like the platforms at battlefield. BF is still my favorite course, though.

kown

Smash Lord
this is a great thread.....but could we please focus more on counterpick stages and not neutral stages.. wouldnt that bring a lot more discussion and itd be way more intresting than talking about FD, BF, SV, lylat and all the overused stages. were looking for an advantage in stages so we should talk about CPs instead.....just my thoughts.

Pitariolink

Smash Apprentice
this is a great thread.....but could we please focus more on counterpick stages and not neutral stages.. wouldnt that bring a lot more discussion and itd be way more intresting than talking about FD, BF, SV, lylat and all the overused stages. were looking for an advantage in stages so we should talk about CPs instead.....just my thoughts.
now we had all the neutral stages, next counterpicks, ....
if we're making a tread like this we wil need to discuss all the stages

Salty123

Smash Apprentice
I think that Brinstar is the best stage for pit since pit can manuvier around the acid and can kill very easily there

kown

Smash Lord
we are discusting smashville, untill corruptfate didn't changed the stage we'll only discuss about that stage
im curious to what you dont know about smashviille? this is my point on why we should move to CPs.... but this is CFs thread so im just giving him an idea.

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Funny pun kupo, norfair is easily one of my favorite CPs with 5 flatforms and lava that rise being gimped is less to think about. With control of the middle flatform pit can run the stage with arrow and aerials. Since pit is lethal under people, he can move around easily and can litterly hop over the lava that comes from the background pit can destroy people here. Having 6 grabable ledges pit can camp anywhere see pit (fit) :). Also since the sides of the map are like FD and so much room he can edge guard effectionly, also at the top platforms his usmash can kill around 130.
Though its good i dont recommend going there against a marth :/

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Despite there being hazards on this stage, which I hate hazards, and the platforms that hate my arrows, this is among one of the best stages for Pit. Good space to fly around, strike opponents with arrows, and
here's the fun part.
You know those magnafall things that come from either the left or right side from the screen? Well, Pit's Mirror Shield can block it. Be sure to quickly refresh your Mirror Shield before Pit decides to put it away.
The Lava wave that comes from the background? Pit's Up-B can fly him OVER it, while opponents struggle for the capsule. Pit simply can take advantage of this stage and its hazards using his Flying capablilities, amazing projectile, and the almighty Mirror Shield.
Even though I havent done it, it's possible to use ART to slide down those platforms, while damaging opponents.
It's fun to make your opponents suffer here. I can imagine a MK using his tornado towards you while there's a Magmafall behind him, and you "reverse" him with Mirror Shield, and into the Magmafall.

It's surprising to see me say a lot of Positive things about a stage, especially one with hazards.

kupo15

Smash Hero
true Pit can use his Mirror shield to block the side lava but this just makes it easier for him since anyone can powershield and stay inside the lava forever. Seriously, this stage really shows off how poorly programmed it is. The hazards arent really hazards. You can shield the lave with the capsule and punish those in it. The only real lethal thing is the lava spouts thingy.

kown

Smash Lord
u can just shield the lava that comes from behind.
Norfair is pretty good stage for pit agaisnt chain grabbers.
How would Mk, snake, and all the chars do on this stage?
do any of them have a better adv. than pit?

NxC

Smash Apprentice
This stage is an amazing counterpick if you're up against characters such as Snake that can bank on long, flat platforms. The stage is comprised, rather, of many small platforms. They are spaced well enough where Pit's arrows can take advantage of your opponent's position on the entire stage. The vertical spacing of the platforms works well, too. Have I mentioned how awesome the bottom-middle platform is? It's only solid from the bottom near the middle, which allows for some surprise attacks on unknowing foes.

Probably the best part is the 'hazards'- They can set your opponent up to be camped longer than usual. A clever Pit player will use these hazards to their utmost advantage- examples include Footstool-bottom lava chains, throwing your opponent into magma walls and predicting your opponent's strategy against the lava wave.

I certainly hope this stage never gets banned- it's so amazing.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
They dont. This is an ideal stage for the angel, despite the Bowser-like background.

Top Bottom