• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit Moveset Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Now just gotta wait some months to see more of that Pit in action and see how strong the move is, and hopefully it puts a dent in shields.
Part of me wants to see Pit have another kicking move (U-tilt from Brawl just isn't enough). He does have the feet for it.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Problem I see is the move is fairly telegraphed, and has a large amount of hitstop, as well as a large amount of recovery it looked like. I can try and figure out exactly how fast it is (current build) to give a rough idea for the final version (probably different I'm sure but its still nice to have a bookmark). Hopefully its fast enough to catch a bad roll and such though.

EDIT:
Really only one great example to analyze.

Raw Data
4644-Begin
4650-Dash starts
4656-12 frames in move hits
4664-Hitstop phase 1 ends
4667-Hitstop phase 2 ends
4686-Weapon disappears, bow reappears, likely point of move end

Frame Count
0-Move Activation
6-When the dash begins and likely when the "hitbox" starts
12-The moves dash goes on for at least 6 frames, unknown the final amount
20-From analyzing the frames, there were two basic frames Pit was stuck in from the hitstop from the move. The first lasted from 12 frames in to 20 frames in
23-Second part of a frozen follow through, lasting only 3 frames, making the total hitstop value 11 frames
42-42 frames later, Pit is almost back in a neutral stance and has his Bow reequipped. Note that this is about the maximum period it'd be out, minimum could be before the fist is unequipped.

This is of course on hit. Subtract the hitstop value and you have 33 (those 2 frozen frames counting but not the repeats) frames. Obviously it's unknown how it reacts to Shields and how much shield stun it creates, as well as how long the move is actually out before it either auto swings or falls flat. I'd say it can be a great punish tool if you make a good read, but it does look to have quite a big recovery window.

JPUF

Smash Rookie
the latter replacing Angel Ring from Brawl
No. That's wrong. While the Angel Ring was a generally a **** move for damage, and was outclassed by the Mirror Shield as a reflector, it was easily Pit's best move. Nothing beat picking Pit, and being a massive douche with the Side-B.

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
I just made this for fun. Enjoy.

if you can't see this, just scroll down to my later post.

Oh I simply love this thing. I might be a tad sad inside to see the mirror shield gone, but Pit's pose, the animation and the usefulness on both sides make this a huge improvement. Just look how awesome this thing looks

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Hey guys ^^

Buci01 I agree, I love the orbitars too. The mirrorshield was very pretty and I will miss it, but I think the Guardian Orbitars are more helpfull than mirror shield. I hope the guardian orbitars can reflect, because I love to beat the enemy with their own weapon. I think some Items were '' reflected '' like the green koopa shell...

Pit is my main charachter, I play with him every day. ^^ I'm going to play with Pit on SSB4.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
If Pit doesn't say "nice try" when he reflects stuff, I will be sad. That mirror shield was the best move for reflecting people trying to recover. But only if timed right. When I fought Metaknight spammers, all I had to do was knock them off stage and time my shield right to reflect their recovery attempts (oh how I will miss those days).

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
If Pit doesn't say "nice try" when he reflects stuff, I will be sad. That mirror shield was the best move for reflecting people trying to recover. But only if timed right. When I fought Metaknight spammers, all I had to do was knock them off stage and time my shield right to reflect their recovery attempts (oh how I will miss those days).
But you can think about new strategies. ^^ Maybe you love the new strategie more than Brawl strategies. And I have some very good new strategies. Pit will be stronger and more serious. ^^

Do you think Pit will be the next top tier? Or maybe high / A tier?

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
im glad the angel ring is gone. that thing was spammable as heck.

the upperdash arm... meh been used already with cpt. falcons raptor boost. kinda wish they would choose a different weapon, but at least its not angel ring.
the guardian orbitars look AWESOME!!! a huge step up from the mirror shield.

i wonder if you can use them in the air and move around like you could in brawl. and i hope they reflect.

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
im glad the angel ring is gone. that thing was spammable as heck.

the upperdash arm... meh been used already with cpt. falcons raptor boost. kinda wish they would choose a different weapon, but at least its not angel ring.
the guardian orbitars look AWESOME!!! a huge step up from the mirror shield.

i wonder if you can use them in the air and move around like you could in brawl. and i hope they reflect.
As long as he can reflect physical attacks too, I am happy. Although, I am already satisfied with the fact that I don't have to turn a direction to reflect.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Hey extremechiton,

I asked the same question in an other community xD This is a very good question. I hope Pits guardian orbitars can damage enemys and block physically attacks. ^^ And of course I hope he is able to move in the air. =I And I have some questions... Pit can ward off Gigabowsers attack for example his side A or Samus finalsmash with mirrorshield. Is Pit going to be able block attacks, when the physically attacks( or other attacks ) are get through the shield? Or is Pit move left / right, when his guardian orbitars will be attacked?? And can he keep his shields up / higher?

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
Are there any other weapons Pit could possibly use know that he's based off of KI:U?
MEGALASER!

I hope Pit doesn't have a sucky Up B that fails if you get hit. If he could use his Up B after getting hit out of it, I bet he would be a WWAAYY higher tier.

Yamirah

Smash Rookie
I think Pit might end up getting a new final smash that was a move in Uprising but that's just what I think.

Gilius Thunderhead

Smash Apprentice
I really want to see the First Blade and/or Wolf Claws from Uprising in his moveset somewhere. Maybe as aerials. Have they shown all of his smash attacks yet?

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
His guardian orbitars look like they can reflect projectiles, but not attacks. This is just what I think though, but I am not 100% sure, because I never saw them reflect anything.

Also, he is gonna have more Pit mains in the next game, so I will feel less special.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Uh, SPOILER ALERT!

Anyone up for the Great Sacred Treasure for a Final Smash?

Maybe not.... it was...

Once again, SPOILERS BELOW.

destroyed.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
I read the guardian orbitars won't able to reflect projectiles. Is that true? =I I think the upperdasharm won't reflect too.

But for Item matches, you can use the guardian orbitars against the green koopa shell I think. Maybe you make a point. ^^

I know most gamer don't use Items, but I wanted say an usefull '' reflect '' example. ^^

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
I think he should get the Celestial Firework as a taunt.
Just toss it in the air, it explodes, and he starts shouting "Lady Palutena!"

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
His upperdash. It doesn't seem like it will be a Falcon clone move, because I think it will hit upwards in the air also. If it doesn't, then finally Pit has a spike! Floaty characters need an aerial that hits downwards, cause it really makes use of their floaty ability.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Yoichi Hiruma,

yes I agree... But nevertheless I use them. ^^ Sometimes I win with the guardian orbitars,but the most KI: U gamer are bad. ^^ I'm sure in SSB4, the guardian orbitars are more usefull. ^^

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I'm a bit surprised no one mentioned the August 22nd screen of the day (Thread here for easy tracking).

It's of note, if only because Pit can be seen not holding the Palutena Bow. My memory is fuzzy, but as I recall, he could never not be holding it in Brawl, correct? Is this simply a new air-dodge animation or possibly a new attack?

BaPr

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1091-9057-0681
I'm a bit surprised no one mentioned the August 22nd screen of the day (Thread here for easy tracking).

It's of note, if only because Pit can be seen not holding the Palutena Bow. My memory is fuzzy, but as I recall, he could never not be holding it in Brawl, correct? Is this simply a new air-dodge animation or possibly a new attack?
Maybe this is what happens when he switches weapons, or maybe it is an air dodge they are still working on.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Thats a good question. But it has to be a rotating attack. Look at the bow, you can see the blades are in two different directions. The blades are always in different directions, when Pit uses a rotating attack ( like angelring, like A-UP air, A neutral air attack etc. )

I think it was an air attack ( A-UP ) ^^.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694

It's been a while since I've been here. Anyways, it's probably just his new airdodge. But now that I think about it, I wonder if his spotdodge is different, too.

Sharkz

Smash Ace
NNID
Sharkz1
I'm sure this has already been talked about, but do you guys think that this is Pit's A-A-A or his FSmash?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It could be either. If that cutting effect is its strong one, it could be the F-smash unless it's the weak one for it to be the jab. None know yet.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Not sure if anybody has said this already, but it has been confirmed from a daily screenshot that Pit has "super armour" frames during his side special move, the Upperdash Arm. Meaning he will still take damage from attacks, but he will not flinch in the slightest.

Anyhow, I am really liking what they have done with Pit thus far. His Upperdash Arm and Guardian Oribitars are much better moves than Angel Ring and Mirror Shield, in mine opinion. I also like the changes they made with his upward special, the Wings of Icarus. I might actually end up maining him this time around (Pit was actually mine secondary main in Brawl).

I am hoping Pit's taunts are changed in Smash 4. I would love to hear some of the cheesy dialogue from Kid Icarus: Uprising in Smash 4.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
I agree I am really liking Pits new moveset too. ^^ And I hope it will carrie for a good balance. :D

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Yes but I think Pit will be stronger and better in battles on ground. ( Upperdasharm.... the bow looks like bigger and stronger... guardian orbitars... )

Pit will have other tricks I think ^^

I'm sure his Up-B got a buff. It could mean that he can fly faster (though harder to control), and I hope he does.

I really hope this also means that he can use his recovery regardless of taking damage during it and fall helplessly like before.
Since KI: Up Rising he still flew even when he took damage. :smirk:

XTheElegantShadowX

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3625-7979-8675
Hmm... I must say that Pit is looking quite good this time around. Though, am I the only one expecting him to play a bit more defensively than in Brawl? It's just that his two new moves seem to all point to more of a Defensive/Zoning playstyle, as opposed to an Jack-of-all-Trades type of character.

I just made this for fun. Enjoy.

if you can't see this, just scroll down to my later post.
You should have some text go across that reads, "Come at me!" when he erects the shields. XD

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
I'm afraid that some projectiles can through the energyshields.... In Kid Icarus Uprising, some projectiles can through the energyshields....

Example: Monoeye projectiles ^^ Try it in chapter 3, if you want ^^

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
I think his wings will not burn up. Pit will get to much damage or he would die. To much damage means, he is to weak to defeat somebody. ^^

But it would be cool and its a nice idea. ^^

Oh and I think Palutena isn't going to be playable... If he is fighting against Pit in a battle, who would fly Pit with his B up? Viridi wouldn't do this job. ^^

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom