• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit Moveset Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I have a feeling his final smash is going to be the Three Sacred Treasures considering the fact that they removed both Mirror Shield and potential changed his up special to the Power of Flight. I mean, why would they go through the removing the most iconic weapons in Kid Icarus from Pit unless they were going to allocate it elsewhere? I could easily see Pit being in a state of infinite flight, invulnerable to projectiles and quick succession arrow fire. Of course, it could just end up as a trophy.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
I hope he is going to use the three sacred treasure. xD His last final smash was nice, but the three sacred treasure would be 1000 times better. They should mix the gameplay between Kid Icarus of myth and monsters ( Skypalace ) and Kid Icarus Uprising ( his weapons, protection with the mirrorshield and so on )

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
You know what's funny?

Pit's down-B is now a bidirectional projectile-reflector that he recovers fairly quickly from. If they gave it the property to push back characters that are too close to Pit, which is a reasonably sensible way to deal with that situation ... then they just gave a Pit a shine. And it would tickle me to no end if that was the case.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I brought this up a while ago, but now that I re-watched the Rosalina trailer it looks like this:

[collapse=August 22nd screen]

[/collapse]

is not an air dodge. So what is it?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
That's definitely an airdodge, just looks different. Remember things are subject to change before the final product, just like Pit's arrow-shooting animation:

From the brawl one, to this one (before and after he shoots the arrow):

With that in mind, Pit being one of the first characters ever to be shown in the game, he's bound to get some changes of any sort. The one I showed you, like I said before, is his arrow-shooting pose.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
That's definitely an airdodge, just looks different. Remember things are subject to change before the final product, just like Pit's arrow-shooting animation:

From the brawl one, to this one (before and after he shoots the arrow):

With that in mind, Pit being one of the first characters ever to be shown in the game, he's bound to get some changes of any sort. The one I showed you, like I said before, is his arrow-shooting pose.
Except the screen I am high-lighting is from August 22nd where as Rosalina's trailer was shown in December in which you see Pit perform an Air dodge with an animation that does not involve his letting go of the bow. That's a pretty big time gap for a "subject to change" animation to not be implemented in a major trailer.

Initially I assumed "new air dodge" but having seen him perform an air-dodge in a recent trailer why should I still assume it's an air-dodge? Yes it is indeed subject to change, but I'm pretty sure this is not an air-dodge whatever it is. Perhaps part of a Upper Dash Arms aerial start-up?

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Except the screen I am high-lighting is from August 22nd where as Rosalina's trailer was shown in December in which you see Pit perform an Air dodge with an animation that does not involve his letting go of the bow. That's a pretty big time gap for a "subject to change" animation to not be implemented in a major trailer.

There's nothing to suggest it's an air-dodge at the moment based off of all that we've seen, subject to change or no. So if it's not an air-dodge, what is it? That is my question.
Well my only thoughts about it is that Sakurai may have used Pit's old airdodge during the Rosalina trailer, while using the new airdodge for the pic there (which may have been scrapped), or it's a new move we are not familiar with that Pit's been hiding this whole time, but I myself am not certain. It's just implied that it looks like an airdodge.
In theory, my thoughts are that the move is either a supposed airdodge that was either scrapped (may be temporary), or just not used in Rosalina's trailer, or it's a new aerial, since we currently haven't seen Pit's aerials yet, with the exception of N-air being the same from the first trailer iirc. My only problem with the 2nd thought is that it looks more like a new airdodge to me. If it is a move, it reminds me of Pit's old U-air most, and it may have gotten a little makeover.

To make it short, it's either an airdodge not implanted yet, a new move, or the old U-air with a different look. After all, Pit's arrow shooting looks sharper than it used to, so it probably could have been an old move that looks a bit different, right?

Last edited:

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I had first thought it an air-dodge, but after seeing just how quick Pit's current (old?) air-dodge animation played out I can't see Sakurai and team implementing a dodge where he let's go of his bow and quickly grabs it; but that angle is full of holes, so I'll get to the other reasons I don't think it's an air-dodge any longer.

Consider Pit's expression and the way his body is contorted. It looks as if he is either preparing to do something, or he is recovering from having done something. His mouth is open, so I'm leaning more toward it being an attack of some kind. Of his existing moves that would fit, toward it either being a part of his Up-Air animation, or part of Guardian Orbitars start-up/recovery in the air. The position of his hands makes me think of Guardian Orbitars, but that move (last we saw of it) has fairly minimal recovery time (at least on the ground).

I am pretty sure both of my guesses aren't correct, but there isn't enough info to make a call I'd be satisfied with (but that's the fun of speculation). Talking about this particular shot reminded me of when Ike was shown during the Brawl days. "What happens if he's hit while he isn't holding his sword!?"

I'm mainly bringing this up to spark some sort of actual discussion about Pit here since it's been kinda dormant for a while.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I myself don't know what it is, but until a confirmation, I will assume it's either a different airdodge or U-air somehow. Pit holds many secrets now-a-days, and definitely is bringing more power to the field due to Uprising's influence.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
You know what's funny?

Pit's down-B is now a bidirectional projectile-reflector that he recovers fairly quickly from. If they gave it the property to push back characters that are too close to Pit, which is a reasonably sensible way to deal with that situation ... then they just gave a Pit a shine. And it would tickle me to no end if that was the case.
Whence do you know that Pit's down-b is now a bidrectional projectile-reflector? It would be worse than Fox Reflector. Sakurai had create the power / effect '' Reflector '', but he gave Pit the guardian orbitars.

And I think the guardian shields will disappear, if you use it to long or if it gets to much damage by an attack. The guardian orbitars just replaced the mirrorshield... withhout mirroreffect, but Pit is protected from both sides.

Pits weakness if he uses guardian orbitars is for example Megamans down rocket. ( I don't know if its down B or A ). Or Link could throw a bomb between the shields, after his jump. ( He doesn't have to be above from Pit. Its enough if he throws his Bomb further away )

Besides you can use airdodge to pass the shield. ^^ Maybe Toon-Link could use his down A to attack Pit, after his airdodge.

But I think Pit is going to get the 3 sacred treasures as Finalsmash, because the mirrorshield is one of the most important weapons in Kid Icarus ( we know he defeated Medusa every time with the 3 sacred treasures ). The Mirrorshield is one of the 3 sacred treasures and maybe he can reflect and blocks the projectiles / attacks. ^^

I just speculate, but maybe it will comes so.

Last edited:

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Sorry for doppelposting, I had an PC error. -.- I don't know how I can delete it.

Last edited:

Yoichi Hiruma

Smash Journeyman
The Three Sacred Treasures seems like wasted potential. His moveset in Brawl was loosely based around it, with the Mirror Shield being his Down Special, the Neutral Special being reminiscent of the Arrows of Light, and the Wings of Icarus being close to the Wings of Pegasus. It'd be an odd Final Smash, because it'd likely just make him a buffed version of Brawl's Pit, or one of those smashes like Yoshi's or Diddy's where they just fly around and shoot.
The Great Sacred Treasure would probably be better.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
It would be nice to see: Landmaster VS Great Sacred Treasure xD. Okay Great Sacred Treasure would win and SSB4 isn't going to get two smashballs at the same time. ^^

I prefer the three sacred treasures but I don't mind if Pit is going to get the Great Sacred Treasure. Maybe it would be better. ^^ Maybe...

MajoraX

Smash Rookie
I have a feeling his final smash is going to be the Three Sacred Treasures considering the fact that they removed both Mirror Shield and potential changed his up special to the Power of Flight. I mean, why would they go through the removing the most iconic weapons in Kid Icarus from Pit unless they were going to allocate it elsewhere? I could easily see Pit being in a state of infinite flight, invulnerable to projectiles and quick succession arrow fire. Of course, it could just end up as a trophy.
The three sacred treasures weren't nearly as important in uprising as they were before, I don't see them being his final smash over the great sacred treasure. I can see him keeping his brawl smash, maybe with some centurion strong arms. Personally i'm hoping for the great sacred treasure though.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
The Three Sacred Treasures kinda suck when you compare them to this baby:

The Great Sacred Treasure should be Pit's new Final Smash, he jumps into the air and raises his hand upwards, shouting "Great Sacred Treasure! Activate!" and the weapon appears around him, giving him a more OP version of Snake's FS, being able to shoot the normal star-shot with A and rotating bombs with B (The charge shot on the first phase of the Hades battle).

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
In Smash Bros version:

Landmaster VS Great Sacred Treasure XD

It would be make Pit better than Pit with the three sacred treasures.. But I like both of them. I don't prefer one of them ^^

But another nice thing: His upperdasharm could be an recovery move, if Pit can't fly again and he could go back to the stage with his new side b. ^^

This means: Pit can glide to recovery, he can use side B to recovery AND he can use the power of flight for his recovery ^^

I like that and I love Pit more than other characters.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
pit can fly. we saw him take off in the e3 trailer. its more horizontal now, with greater speed, rather than just floating, more like a glide.

Last edited:

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
The Three Sacred Treasures would honestly be cooler, but since he now has a new dash/side special from Uprising, the Great Sacred Treasure is likely.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
pit can fly. we saw him take off in the e3 trailer. its more horizontal now, with greater speed, rather than just floating, more like a glide.

You are right but I mean, if Pit was hit by an opponent and he can't fly again, his upperdasharm would help him to come back to the stage. ^^

But I hope Pit can fly also he was hit. ^^ His time to fly should be saved, so that he is not to well with fly.

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
its safer to glide. if you get hit, you can use the upperdash arm, and if you get hit again, use fly as a last resort

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I'm excited to see how his side special turns out. I do like his side special in brawl a lot so I am hoping it turns out well. I think just by looking at the pictures I like his new down special more.

DimpsyVS

Smash Apprentice
I love how Pit plays now, it's far superior to how he was back in Brawl where he was all spammy.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
its safer to glide. if you get hit, you can use the upperdash arm, and if you get hit again, use fly as a last resort
But the glide mechanic is cut. =/

I love it too. And I hope Pit will be under the top 5 in the new tier list.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom