• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit Moveset Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoDes

Smash Cadet
im I the only that's really curious about Wings of Icarus? we have only seen it take of from the ground i believe...

On another note i am super excited for pit this time around throwing in Uprising rep. Hoping for a new Final Smash that'll do better in FFA's

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm sure his Up-B got a buff. It could mean that he can fly faster (though harder to control), and I hope he does.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
His Up-B just strikes me as a lot different from the images of it. How it'll translate or if it'll even be a mechanical difference is hard to say. Maybe a multi directional glide that's a lot faster, to give off that power of flight vibe. Than again, it's really hard to tell based off two images that show the exact same thing.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Probably an improved take-off to start, then increased flying speed. Of course, we just gotta wait til more angelic updates come about.

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
Just from the trailer, it looks like it has near instant takeoff on the ground, which is HUUUUUUUUGE. That could literally be the only change to it and it would still be much better. I'm curious if he still won't get it back after being hit.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I could imagine that he'll flinch while in the air which staggers him from attacking for a bit, but can still fly just like he could in the game, but possible that he could be knocked down after taking a certain amount of damage. But then that'd be broken. Can't help but imagine plenty though, although wonder if Pit will be able to do some "fly-by" attacks like he does in the game as well, unique glide attacks, if you will. Even shooting an arrow during gliding would seem and fun for Pit.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Maybe his up B is kinda like project m's with a steeper angle.

Groose

Smash Champion
I gave Pit more than a fair chance in Brawl. He looked like a cool new addition, so I tried him out when the game first came out. I didn't like him because: complete lack of killing moves and I personally just don't like the way he handles. There's that indescribable something about his handling that I just feel is missing.

Anyway, I gave him a second chance after I played Uprising. But... he just doesn't fit my style of Smash. I'm hoping these new changes will give him a new feel; I want to have him as my main, but I won't do so if I don't like the way he plays.

As of right now, I'm thinking his >B will really shake things up. I need to have a more offensive special move.

I'm really praying his Final Smash gets changed. Easily in the worst five Final Smashes in the game. We need an option that actually gives him killing power. The Great Sacred Treasure would be good for this reason.

And if his Final Smash gets changed Palutena is able to join the fight.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Meh...
Samus can't kill either, but that's an example. It's all bout versatility rather than raw firepower for Pit. The FS should be changed and I have faith in it if considering Palutena to be playable.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I'm personally interested in seeing any of Pit's Smash attacks got altered as well. For example, pulling out Magnus' Club and swinging it around for a down Smash. I doubt we'll see Pit's moves change that much, but with the advent of Upper Dash Arm and Guardian Orbitars, I thought it worth mentioning.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I do want to see if any of Pit's regular moves have changed as well. The Dash attack and jab combo could be Uprising's Melee Dash attack and combo respectively for starters, but idk bout the rest. If D-smash did change, I'd prefer the speed of Tiger claws to apply.

EDIT: Someone mind copy pasting this new picture that just came on the site today via daily?

Miiverse Daily Smash 4 Photos (June 18)

Upperdash Pit in the air is so cool to me. <3

Viewtiful-FX

Smash Apprentice
Uh oh. Pit has Captain Falcon's Raptor Boost. I hope this doesn't mean Captain Falcon is getting the axe! D:

Falcon Punch being as iconic as it is, it seems very unlikely, but with all this pre-release doomsaying, it's hard not to acknowledge the possibility. Sakurai is the crazy ******* that made R.O.B. and Wii Fit Trainer playable characters, there's nothing that's out of the question!

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Uh oh. Pit has Captain Falcon's Raptor Boost. I hope this doesn't mean Captain Falcon is getting the axe! D:

Falcon Punch being as iconic as it is, it seems very unlikely, but with all this pre-release doomsaying, it's hard not to acknowledge the possibility. Sakurai is the crazy ******* that made R.O.B. and Wii Fit Trainer playable characters, there's nothing that's out of the question!
Judging from the trailers and images, Pit's Upperdash Arm doesn't seem to function exactly like Falcon's Raptor Boost.

Falcon rushes in first and only if the move connects, he does the uppercut. Pit's Upperdash Arm seems to be an immediate uppercut. Also, given how bulky the weapon is, it seems logical to assume that the hitbox will be different.

And I don't believe Captain Falcon is getting cut. He's popular, unique and has been in all Smash Bros. games so far. Sakurai would be going against his own criteria (and making a huge mistake) if he cut Captain Falcon.

Viewtiful-FX

Smash Apprentice
You bring up some valid points, but I dunno about the Upperdash arm being an immediate uppercut. Is there a video that shows it being used other than the E3 Nintendo Direct where Sakurai explains it? Because in that demonstration, he's already pretty close to his opponent when he uses it. Hard to really tell. I feel like I would have to see it whiff to know for sure. :p

Jonn

Smash Apprentice
I thought the Upperdash Arm was Pit's dash attack. I think Pit is performing it on a platform in that picture.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'm sure it's his Side-B, but I'm not certain if that cloud thing is a platform or not.

Jonn

Smash Apprentice
After looking at the video again, I think you're right. I'm pretty sure that's a platform at the bottom right, but it seems low, so he probably short-hopped and used side-b.

It looks like a pretty powerful move.

Onichi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
OniXiion
This daily image makes me curious about the properties of the Upperarm Dash if it is a Side+B special. Will it have gimp potential in the air like Capt. Falcon's Raptor Boost? Will the UaD have its momentum stopped by the edge of a/some platforms? If so it would be a great edge guard move, being able to slide from the stage gank and gimp and then no matter the amount of recovery frames on Pit, he's still likely to recover very easy with his plethora of additional jumps he had in Brawl plus Wings of Icarus none withstanding.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Pit's also using the move in a different "stance" (which as mentioned, is very similar to Falcon's Air Raptor Boost). While I'm sure they're not carbon copies, I'm sure this shows it's a Side-B at the very least. Wonder if it'll be a spike of some sort then.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
After looking at the video again, I think you're right. I'm pretty sure that's a platform at the bottom right, but it seems low, so he probably short-hopped and used side-b.

It looks like a pretty powerful move.

It should be. The Upperdash's main feature was its power from its dash attacks in Uprising, in which represented a sliding uppercut such as the one you see in the gif you posted. Knowing that, it'd probably be a kill move that does 20% damage, which would be almost similar to Kirby's Hammer position, except designed for vertical KOs. Seeing how Link kinda staggered from the impact before being hit in the air rather than just fly up instantly (along with Pit staying in that frame for a bit), it shows that the Upperdash will indeed be a strong move.

EDIT: Btw, got a normal-speed gif on them Guardian Orbitars? It would make a nice piece for a new Pit sig that my imagination has (can't make sigs though).

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I like the quality. Thanks >_<
Now I gotta find the right artist who can create the idea seen. It requires the smash4 Pit artwork render to be Brawl Pit's gold variant (sort of like my avy), the Guardian Orbitar gif in the middle, and the 5th screenshot on Pit's part of the Smsah site, the one of him doing his "Brawl's" D-taunt with all those flashy lights. <3
I can visualize it all now, combine it, with an angelic theme and interesting font. It's gonna be fun.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
The Upperdash Arm's animation is exactly the same as the animation when you use a dash melee attack with an Arm weapon in Uprising. I just checked that.
A slight difference is that in Smash it leaves a red-yellow trail, but that's not fire as the Upperdash Arm isn't a fire weapon. It's the same kind of trail that Mario's moves have, leaving a white trail.

I find it odd why Pit is left handed in Smash, but right handed in Uprising. In Uprising, he shoots arrows with his right hand (holding the bow on his left hand) and wields the weapons on his right hand, while in Smash, this seems inverted.

I understand that Link is right handed in the Wii games, but Pit seems to switch from being left or right handed between titles for no apparent reason.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Strange. Pit holds his bow in his left hand in Uprising, but in his right hand in the Smash games, with those 2 rings on his other hand switching places. Then you got Pit using the Upperdash on his right arm in Uprising, but on his left in Smash4. Versatile Pit if you ask me. o:

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
I can't remember clearly, but didn't someone in Uprising say that Pit was ambidextrous? I'm probably just making that up, but the idea won't leave me alone.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I can't remember clearly, but didn't someone in Uprising say that Pit was ambidextrous? I'm probably just making that up, but the idea won't leave me alone.
Actually, it's suggested that Pit is ambidextrous due to him being able to hold onto different weapons with ether his left or right hand, both from official artwork and in-game models. Though, him actually being stated to be ambidextrous was never brought up.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Actually, it's suggested that Pit is ambidextrous due to him being able to hold onto different weapons with ether his left or right hand, both from official artwork and in-game models. Though, him actually being stated to be ambidextrous was never brought up.
Thanks. I thought it was something like that.

Any how, I'm looking forward to whatever uses Upper Dash Arm has.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I'm convinced that one of the reasons Sora Ltd. made the Great Sacred Treasure is just because it would be an awesome Final Smash. Not to mention he uses it in the game, as opposed to his current one.
I personally would like to see the Beam Claws be used as one of his smash attacks, since it's my favorite weapon from Uprising. Perhaps Pit's forward smash.

Hong

The Strongest
I know I am kind of late, but I wouldn't be surprised if Falcon's Raptor Boost was either replaced or greatly enhanced. I have a feeling the Upper Dash arm is a slower, hard-hitting attack that busts projectiles. The Raptor Boost, if not replaced, will probably be improved. It has always been a great skill in theory, but Falcons rarely used it (what, versus grabbing) because you got punished pretty hard. Not putting Falcon in free-fall (will require once-per-jump limitations) or just giving Falcon faster control after it connects is all it needs, really.

BumbleBomb

Smash Apprentice
I hope they take away the inability to use WoI mid air after taking a projectile. His recovery is great regardless, which may be why they made it that way in the first place...

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I hope they take away the inability to use WoI mid air after taking a projectile. His recovery is great regardless, which may be why they made it that way in the first place...
Something tells me there may be some way that allows Pit to take a bit of damage before falling, as a reference to Uprising's air battles, except that take a specific amounts of damage (say a minimum of 7%) makes Pit flinch and lose balance preventing him from moving where you want to go or attacking (if he can) for a bit, or something along those lines. All we know is that his Up-B seems to move faster, if we went by what we saw in the trailer.

BumbleBomb

Smash Apprentice
That would be a great concept. Modification would be great to an already great recovery; I just prefer to not have to "accept my weakness" when dealing with losing the WoI after just a simple projectile hit. It's traditional to be able to use up b after being hit...

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
And that was probably the biggest disadvantage for Pit besides his poor KO power and meleeing range.

I may want to think about how he'd work more, though.

BumbleBomb

Smash Apprentice
Personally, I wasn't TOO upset about his range. His KO options made him super predictable, however. But I haven't perfected my pit yet, so options for being unpredictable may still be available...maybe if I incorporate the WoI techniques...

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Being too fancy and flashy is often a bad sign. They just need to do hardcore fundamentals and have MU knowledge. Now that curiosity fills me, them Guardian Orbitars will replace Mirror Shield, making me sometimes miss the Mirror Shield gimps (especially on Ikes and such), but in turn, them Orbitars may give us something new.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
He should have a moveset that utilizes his entire weapon set in Uprising. So that includes palms, claws, clubs, etc.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well remember the Bow is Pit's trademark weapon, and it'd be difficult to incorporate the other weapon classes in his moveset. We got Guardian Orbitars for Down-B as defence, Upperdash Arm for Side-B for a bit of power, and the only other things left would be the homing projectile of a Palm, speed for claws, Power + deflect projectiles from a club, having a blast with a Cannon, sniping from a staff, and balance from a blade. It'd be too much if you ask me.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Well remember the Bow is Pit's trademark weapon, and it'd be difficult to incorporate the other weapon classes in his moveset. We got Guardian Orbitars for Down-B as defence, Upperdash Arm for Side-B for a bit of power, and the only other things left would be the homing projectile of a Palm, speed for claws, Power + deflect projectiles from a club, having a blast with a Cannon, sniping from a staff, and balance from a blade. It'd be too much if you ask me.
I didn't realize he had so many weapons. I was thinking if Mega Man can do that, why can't Pit? But that's how you play Mega Man.
Yeah, I think that is too many. But I think for his three smashes it could be one of each. Claws for forward, down for the blade, and short range blast from the cannon for up. It's more of a personal thing. I never used the orbiters, upperdash arm, or bow with Pit.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I didn't realize he had so many weapons. I was thinking if Mega Man can do that, why can't Pit? But that's how you play Mega Man.
Yeah, I think that is too many. But I think for his three smashes it could be one of each. Claws for forward, down for the blade, and short range blast from the cannon for up. It's more of a personal thing. I never used the orbiters, upperdash arm, or bow with Pit.
It wouldn't make Pit too unique if he did all that. There's 9 weapon classes with 12 variations of each weapon, and that's definitely too much. Besides, Pit's currently cool the way he is, so far with an improved defensive move and a potential kill move.

BumbleBomb

Smash Apprentice
I for 1 am glad they included a better kill move, maybe that will add to a couple others to make his kill game more unpredictable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom