• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit in Brawl-

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
So I'm part of the Brawl- project, and we're coming up on our deadline for an alpha release, but we have a problem. We don't know **** about how to break Pit. Literally nothing. We have a sorta-build, but no real direction or idea of what to do with it. So how can Pit be broken, and gain a very special, interesting new style while doing so? Where are buffs most needed/most obvious, what do you guys want most?

Please keep in mind that we're not looking for OHKOs, instant easy 0-death chains, or conventional chaingrabs.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
is that no to me or to him or to both? (spiking arrows would be very cool and broken)

how about increasing the speed of some of his moves like f-tilt, adding some more range to his attacks, increasing the dmg on his d-throw, making his f-throw chain everyone or letting his up-throw or down throw chain fast-fallers, making his moves harder to di out of, giving his bair a lot more range, adding at least one more kill move and letting his kill moves kill sooner, maybe a kill throw.

edit: maybe make it so while his down B is out it always turns around like mario's cape/ or at least increase window for the turn around be active

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I don't see how this has some sort of "use" on other things, but one should make his D-tilt auto-spike instead of it spiking when Pit hits em when they touch him while he's doing D-tilt...
Maybe make his D-air spike,
WoI being able to windpush someone much further than it already can, and he can use it again even if he gets hit outta it, with the exception of having either still having the Wing Fatigue or less of it.

MysteriousSilver

Smash Ace
In addition to suggestions I've already given, allow him to be in Wings of Icarus for an extended period of time, prevent it from ending when he attacks, prevent him from going into fall-special after it, and give it back to him when hit (he can cancel it with B).

This will allow Pit an obscene degree of aerial control, turning him into a WoP death machine, and allowing him great control of a stage.

Also, resubbmitting arrows with shieldbraker. If they're powershielded, it won't even matter. Punishes them for messing up.

Have ALL of Dtilt spike. Windboxes on multi-hit moves. Spike on Dair, move is hard enough to land already. I liked someone's idea of wind control... maybe hueg windboxes on several of his moves, like a burst forward on ftilt (Travel a far distance, used for gimping and keeping people the **** away), downward on dtilt (Good distance in front of the move, used for gimping and pulling people out of the air) , up on Utilt/Usmash (Like GWs uair, used to keep people up), inward windbox on first hit of Fsmash (easier to hit with, increases range it can be used to punish with. Maybe also used to pull people under stages like FD). On Dsmash, have a whirlwind around him that pushes them up off the ground and inward, so pit can jump up and Uair them or something. Maybe windpushes on Fair and Bair, or maybe keep them the same. Inward windboxes on Nair, Uair, and Angel ring. Bigger outward windpush on WoI.

Mirror sheild gives super armor for the duration of the move.

Give him a metric asston of jumps.

The character is broken because of his gimping ability, get them off the stage and windpush them away, in addition to his ability to control where you are in relation to him. Not too broken though, because he still lacks on-stage killing power and moves that directly compete with the way the rest of the cast is broken... he's more of a strtegic character.

Balance him by either lessening the force of his wind (if too strong), or by just giving his moveset stat buffs (if too weak).

THERE'S YO CHARACTER. ENJOY.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Heh, if you can hack it it would be cool to have Pit's arrows actually push the opponent in the direction the arrow is traveling. Meaning the arrows don't spike, but if you can nail an opponent with say, three raining arrows? Hilarity would ensue.

Er, yeah, and also it would make it easier for Pit to push people away from the edge. lol

'Kicks'

Smash Cadet
how about making his SH arrow auto cancel upon landing. That way there could be a kinda SHDarrow.

Invincibility frames at the startups of WoI

And the Dair spike

Nitrix

Smash Ace
Give Pit's arrows more knockback! They could be so sick, and then arrows could be much more deadly and actually gimp.

All I can really think of doing for Pit is giving his moves weird knockback.

Catt

Smash Apprentice
Now, I'm going to make some suggestions. Don't discount the good ones because of the broken ones.

I think Pit should get:

Arrows that push in the direction they hit from. (Favorite Suggestion.)
Dair only Spikes.
Dtilt only Spikes.
Shoot 2 Arrows in one B press, OR less lag between shots. (Less lag would make skill more of a factor, which I'd prefer.)
5 double jumps instead of 3.
Can re-Start WoI after every Attack during it.(Most broken from this list in my opinion.)
Can shield cancel Angel Ring.
Angel ring pulls opponent downwards and towards it.
Mirror Shield Reflects projectiles for 3x (or 4x, whichever is easier) damage instead of 2x.
Pit has super armor(Takes damage, no knock back) frames while Mirror Shield is out.
Shield always turns around Physical attacks.
Bair, Fair, and/or Nair Auto cancel when landing.
Lengthen Fair.
Lengthen Ftilt.

Those are all of the things I can think of.
AGAIN, DON'T DISCOUNT THE GOOD SUGGESTIONS BECAUSE OF THE BROKEN SUGGESTIONS.
PICK AND CHOOSE.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
the ability to shoot arrows straight down.
"Arrows that push in the direction they hit from. (Favorite Suggestion.)" I like that one too
A smaller ending lag to arrows (it has more than it seems like)
D-tilt is a meteor cancel or weak spike.
I believe f-smash is already fixed in patches of brawl+, but if not, fix f-smash so the first hit can't be SDI'd out of. Same with up smash
Give pit the ability to use up b when he is hit out (but keep degeneration)

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
let him run and shoot arrows at the same time.

Up B can be used over and over again.

dair spike.

his mirror shield reflects ALL attack damage, not just projectiles, sorta like counter, but keep the cape properties as well.

For fun his arrows should break shields unless power shielded haha.

NNID
Budget_Player
Arrows that push in the direction they hit from. (Favorite Suggestion.)
Fun fact: Angle 365 (which achieves this) plus any KBG/BKB that isn't stupidly low = OHKO with pit's arrows (and ROB's weak lazer). So yeah, definitely gonna be in there somehow. :laugh:

Can re-Start WoI after every Attack during it.(Most broken from this list in my opinion.)
If we can keep it on a timer like ROB's, then this is a great idea.

Blind is currently making Pit. Seeing as he's a good friend of Kirk, and they normally work together, expect great things. :V

Catt

Smash Apprentice
I'm really glad to see good reception of my suggestions. ^ u ^

Even though it says I'm a Sonic Main, I'm more of a Pit main now.
I play Pit a LOT. Much more than I play Sonic anymore.
I just really like Sonic. I need to get around to changing my main emblem.
I'm gonna try to post some videos. Just recorded a bunch against my crew last night.

Anyway, on topic, I play as Pit a LOT and there are things I think of when I'm playing, "Wouldn't _____ be cool if it ______?" or "I wish it would _____ when I did _____"

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I might just hack to Brawl- or whatever just to be able to "Drill Spike" with arrows. =D

Also, it would rock if you could jab-lock with Arrow Rain.

EDIT: I know this isn't about Pit, but I figured since it's a new year I'd throw the poor Samus forums a bone. Can you guys make Samus capable of Looping Charge Blasts? lol /dead serious

Cha0tic NiGhTmArE

Smash Journeyman
Lakeway(at least 30 minuites from anywhere), TX
I might just hack to Brawl- or whatever just to be able to "Drill Spike" with arrows. =D

Also, it would rock if you could jab-lock with Arrow Rain.

EDIT: I know this isn't about Pit, but I figured since it's a new year I'd throw the poor Samus forums a bone. Can you guys make Samus capable of Looping Charge Blasts? lol /dead serious
forget the modest broken character stuff. after seeing brawl -. Pit should shoot like 3 arrows at a time. his side-b should turn into like a smart bomb as well as the ring. Dair spikes. and he can upb- after every jump

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
Make pit arrows homing when you press the dpad down. Wings push effect has miner timer effect on opponent. Mirror shield reflects a projectile to a flying bob omb. Pits glide has similar speed to his minions and has that pokemon effect that pushes as he flies by. He screams nenenene(japanes angel ring) if you spike someone...lol

Tetsion

Smash Journeyman
Down Air - Spike
Down tilt - Spike (all of it)
Wings of Icarus - RoB attribute BUT he gets a push like he was on the ground? (if possible)
Mirror shield - Reflect's like mario's cape (the same amount not first frames, maybe just longer amount of frames?)
Arrows push in same direction as hit.

I like those idea's I think that isn't so bad. Keep all of his other attributes, damage, weight. etc.

Nothing he needs much of changing except IMO spikes. For someone easily gimpable and supposed to be in the air.. not having a spike especially a slower moving D air than MK is just ridiculous ya know?

The spikes and Arrow push IMO are the best suggestions (always wanted pit to have a spike anyway)

032193sid

Smash Rookie
Make Pit's arrow lag the same as Fox's gun. This will allow arrow swarms and rain more frequent in Brawls and will moderately break Pit.

FrznSaber

Smash Journeyman
Down Air - Spike
Down tilt - Spike (all of it)
Wings of Icarus - RoB attribute BUT he gets a push like he was on the ground? (if possible)
Mirror shield - Reflect's like mario's cape (the same amount not first frames, maybe just longer amount of frames?)
Arrows push in same direction as hit.

I like those idea's I think that isn't so bad. Keep all of his other attributes, damage, weight. etc.

Nothing he needs much of changing except IMO spikes. For someone easily gimpable and supposed to be in the air.. not having a spike especially a slower moving D air than MK is just ridiculous ya know?

The spikes and Arrow push IMO are the best suggestions (always wanted pit to have a spike anyway)

That sounds good, it'd be good too if they can extend his hit boxes to counter some of the ridiculously broken chars in the game. Or at least give some of his moves a wind push effect (like with Ike's Fair).

Top Bottom