• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit Chaingrab Ratio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
Pit Chaingrab Ratio

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
COMPLETE!!!!!!!

All of these were tested by myself and my partners Blaze and Green. Also Dskank contributed to the follow ups and throws.

The following percents/combos are proven true with methods of video frame testing and actual gameplay application. If for some reason in the future one of these is found false it will be changed only after proof is shown.
COMING SOON MORE FOLLOW UPS. HOWEVER THE ACTUAL CHAINGRABBING PART IS COMPLETED

WHY/HOW THE DACG works the way it does:
the button imput that goes to the wii when you grab with Z is sheild>attack. which is why the only movement you can get with a sheild grab is based on your traction. however if you enter attack then sheild wat you are doing is keeping the momentum of the initial movement that you made before you cancelled said attack with sheild and keeping that momentum when grab comes out. when you DACG you are cancelling a dash attack by imputing sheild immediately afterwords so you are keeping both the boost of the dash and the dash attack so that you arejust that much farther forwards.

here is the uncomplete video of all the chaingrabs starting with DK and CF.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guBEY9viYhQ

this thread and the work to obtain its contents is credited to:

Maharba The Mystic (starter of thread)
DSkank
Blaze
Green
Pulse131
Luckay4Lyphe (found out we can grab>jab dk, snake, and samus at 0%. best used if near the edge to set up an early gimp.)

Legend:
w=walk
g=grab
f=forward throw
r=run
ss=stutter step
DAC=dash attack cancel
DACG=dash attack cancel grab (performed: dash>down c-stick>sheild. you cannot use z to do it)
Characters Tested Thus Far (all starting at zero percent):

Chaingrabs and Follow Ups
------------------------------
Bowser
f-throw>wg>47%+regrab
f-throw>DACG>58%+regrab
fthrow>ss fsmash

Captain falcon
f-throw>DACG>41%+regrab

Charizard
f-throw>ss fsmash

DDD:
f-throw>DACG or rg> 47%+regrab must slowly extend dash after each grab
fthrow>ss fsmash up till about 30%

Diddy
fthrow>ss fsmash

Donkey Kong
f-throw>jab>jab third hit or infinite
f-throw>wg>wg>wg>wg=34%
f-throw>wg>rg>DACG till finish at 62%
f-throw>wg>rg>wg>rg> at 41%
f-throw>wg>wg>DACG 62%
best follow up at the edge is dash attack or another f-throw>eat jumps with arrows>mirror the DK.

Falco
fthrow>fthrow>fthrow>dash attack
fthrow>ss fsmash up to 15%
fthrow>fthrow> ss or walking fsmash

Fox
f-throw>wg>10%+regrab
f-throw>DACG>34%+regrab

Game and Watch
f-throw>ss fsmash

Ganon
f-throw>wg>19%+regrab
f-throw>DACG>47%+regrab
fthrow>ss fsmash up till 25%

Ice Climbers
f-throw>ss fsmash
can't finish testing on them w/o a wii.....

Ike
f-throw x2>walking fsmash

Ivysaur
none

Jiggly Puff
none

Kirby
none

Link
f-throw>ss fsmash
f-throw>19%+regrab

Lucario
fthrow>ss fsmash

Lucas
none

Luigi
fthrow>19%+regrab

Mario
fthrow>ss fsmash

Marth
fthrow>ss fsmash 0% only

Metaknight
fthrow> ss fsmash
grab release> dash attack
fthrow>ss fsmash

Ness
grounded grab release> regrab, dsmash, fsmash.

Olimar
none

Peach
fthrow>ss fsmash

Pikachu
none

Pit
fthrow>ss fsmash
f-throw x2>ss fsmash

ROB
fthrow>ss fsmash

Samus
f-throw>walking or ss fsmash
f-throw>DACG 19% + regrab>

Sheik
f-throw>19%+regrab
f-throw>ss fsmash

Snake:
f-throw>rg> 27%.
f-throw>DACG> 41% plus regrab CONFIRMED!
fthrow>fthrow> walking fsmash up to 15%
fthrow>ss fsmash

Sonic
f-throw>ss fsmash

Squirtle
none

Toon Link
nothing out of f-throw.
grounded grab release into d-smash can be sheilded sometimes but this works at any percent and is great for the suprise kill.

Wario
can't be chaingrabbed by f-throw.
can't be stutter smashed.
i hate wario so much.....

Wolf
f-throw>wg>19+regrab
f-throw>DACG>41+regrab
fthrow>ss fsmash up till 20%

Yoshi
f-throw>ss fsmash

Zelda
none

Zero Suit Samus
don't mess with zero if you f-throw. her u-tilt jacks up anything you could ever think of trying out of it.

I Maharba The Mystic take credit for the discovery of the walking regrab x2 to DAC Grab chain-grab on Donkey Kong (and other walking regrab>DACG chaingrabs on more than just DK) that allows for the 0-62% percent chaingrab on Donkey Kong. credit for the final percents with the wg on the other characters (like bowser) does not matter to much because DK is what started this thread. but i claim them 2 lol.

dskank

Smash Journeyman
Oh? could u say which ones? btw i got a ride confirmed for holy smash ill see ya there >> :cool:
i could, but it would take a whole new thread to do so xD; when i said this is all wrong, i mment this is ALL wrong, except the ddd % is right

good **** with getting a ride, pit will own this tournement

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
i could, but it would take a whole new thread to do so xD; when i said this is all wrong, i mment this is ALL wrong, except the ddd % is right

good **** with getting a ride, pit will own this tournement
Pray i dont get bracket ****ed this tourney :glare: tired of getting gayed first round and im glad i get to go cuz this is my friend/dubz partners last tourney b4 he takes a hiatus from brawl :urg:

dskank

Smash Journeyman
a few tips, u dont need to boost grab to get the cg off, when u test, space ur grab to the last part of the hit box, it extends past pits grab animation
and when testing, look for what options can get the opponent of of the cg(snake can spot dodge out at 27%)
every % up there is wrong :/
noble effert none the less

dskank

Smash Journeyman
1. NO chaingrab is confirmed without frame advance testing.

2. If any of you HAVE access to frame advance, try the trick here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=291214

So, testing method. OP's methodology is fine from what I see described, dskank should elaborate on his. Frame advance is the only real way to confirmconfirm.
luxor who does one use/get frame advance? can i get it on my sd card, if so can u send me a link?

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
okay thats true i can't have not frame tested these. sry dskank. if you have the ability to frame test these will you? or at least make a frame tested chaingrab thread yourself? this is actually a worthwhile topic to finish up

Luxor

Smash Champion
Testing with two players, one to CG and one competently trying to escape, is usually fine. Frame advance codes can work with SD+Homebrew the same way you do Brawl+/B-/any hack, googling it should work.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
alright. well it was tested with two people that way but sometime soon i will try to frame test it. that way eveyone is happy we are more accurate overall.

Luxor

Smash Champion
Yeah, don't worry about it. Looks fine to me- a little frame testing never hurt though, and it can help to see how many frames of leeway you have.

dskank

Smash Journeyman
okay thats true i can't have not frame tested these. sry dskank. if you have the ability to frame test these will you? or at least make a frame tested chaingrab thread yourself? this is actually a worthwhile topic to finish up
i can do this np, sry if i sounded rude it was not my intention

Maha what would make this thread 100x better is if u added follow-ups to the OP
for instance
on falco up till 5% we have fthrow>fthrow>walking fsmash

and add other grab combos as well, like who can be fthrow>stutter step fsmash

here are the percents i know
falco- fthrow>fthrow>fthrow>dash attack
snake- fthrow>fthrow> walking fsmash
mk- fthrow> ss fsmash
mk-gr- dash attack
lucario> ss fsmash
fox> fthrow>fthrow>fthrow>fthrow

ill help u with this

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
sick dude. ill post these combos up in the main part. make another section entirely on follow ups.im so sure that if buffered perfectly snake cant get out. after reading ur reply blaze tried for 6 runs across FD and it only worked twice both times i didn't buffer it correctly. this is the first one that should be frame tested imo. :)

dskank

Smash Journeyman
sick dude. ill post these combos up in the main part. make another section entirely on follow ups.im so sure that if buffered perfectly snake cant get out. after reading ur reply blaze tried for 6 runs across FD and it only worked twice both times i didn't buffer it correctly. this is the first one that should be frame tested imo. :)
dude, snake can spot dodge out 100% of the time after 27%.. this is known fact :reverse:

Luxor

Smash Champion
Debug Pause (GCC)
* 80000000 805B8A08
* 0402E5AC 8819000B
* 4A000000 804DE470
* 38000000 EFFF1000
* 86410000 00000001
* E2000001 00000000
* 4A000000 805B8A08
* 3A000002 00FF0000
* 12000002 00000001
* E2000001 00000000
* 4A000000 804DE470
* 38000000 FFEF0010
* 4A000000 805B8A08
* 3A000002 FF000000
* 12000002 00000100
* E2000002 00000000

Frame Advance
* 041E6CD8 4BE1C128
* 041E6D1C 4BE1C114
* 06002E00 00000068
* 9421FF80 BC410008
* 7CE4402E 7CE738F8
* 7CE73039 3864FFC0
* 7CE3412E 7CC4412E
* B8410008 38210080
* 60000000 481E3EB0
* 9421FF80 BC410008
* 7C03202E 3DC01000
* 7DCE70F8 7C007039
* 740E0408 3DE00408
* 7C0E7800 40820008
* 64001000 B8410008
* 38210080 481E3EBC

How to use:

There are three things to note when using this code.

1) to input a pause command, press X and up-Dpad
2) to "debug pause" to stop the game in its tracks, press start
3) to advance the frame while in debug pause, press z

To input an attack, either tilt the control stick and then press start, or press start and hold the button command (R+A for grab). While holding the controls, press Z. Usually you'll want to release the inputs after that first press of Z to avoid charging attacks, etc...
If you want these. If you need any help setting up the Homebrew channel or Gecko or anything to run these, PM me.

St4ticFir3

Smash Cadet
I just got homebrew, I'll get FA this weekend and toss you the results for comparison. Great thread, lets finish it up.

dskank

Smash Journeyman
this is looking good

chars we have fthrow> ss fsmash on
g&w
falco up to 15%
meta
snake up till 15% maybe higher
wolf up till 20%
lucario
diddy
mario
pit
bowser
ganon up till 25%
link
peach
rob
dedede up till 30% possibly
theres more too.. ill finish later

dskank

Smash Journeyman
Bro fthrow ss f smash on toon link too, and fox.
i dont think pit has anything on tl if hd DIs properly, at least def not fthrow ss fsmash, he might have fthrow regrab though but idk

maha ur doing great on keeping this thread up to date

and i worded something wrong, we cant fthrow ss fsmash snake up till 15%, but we can walking fsmash him at that percent, walking causes a sliding motion on all of our smashes

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
pit.......has no grabs.
;p lol ryan. falco doesn't either didn't you here XD.

UPDATED LIST
changed the snake post to walking fsmash. also i went and bought myself dazzle uploading hardware/software! and guess wat! it lets you watch everysingle frame one frame at a time if you want to so now i can test all the people who DACG, walking regrab, and running grab work better on which characters with competent partners trying do DI, side step, pull a grenade, up b, etc, and prove which percents people can be chaingrabbed to with all types of chaingrabs! once i have watched them frame by frame i will post one long video of who pit can chaingrab how to what percent! i will also list some follow ups and some specific ledge tactics later on.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
;p lol ryan. falco doesn't either didn't you here XD.

UPDATED LIST
changed the snake post to walking fsmash. also i went and bought myself dazzle uploading hardware/software! and guess wat! it lets you watch everysingle frame one frame at a time if you want to so now i can test all the people who DACG, walking regrab, and running grab work better on which characters with competent partners trying do DI, side step, pull a grenade, up b, etc, and prove which percents people can be chaingrabbed to with all types of chaingrabs! once i have watched them frame by frame i will post one long video of who pit can chaingrab how to what percent! i will also list some follow ups and some specific ledge tactics later on.
WOW way to go maha ^^ glad to have som1 trying to further pit on the pit boards this is one of the first constuctive things som1 has done in a long while

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
thanks Kuro! that dazzle program is hella nice too. working on a nice big surprise for everyone that i will post up tonight or early tomorrow.
Epic cannot even begin to describe..................

side thought....
i wonder if this will be put in THE GUIDE when it is complete? or stickied? or lost to the threads of time...

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
hey maha or one of the testers ihave a request i see your falco says needs more testing so my question is for the fthrow chain grabs can he Spotdodge or jab b4 u can regrab or is he spose to be able to be grabbed 3 times?

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
thx dskank ^^. Hey guys my combo vid is done! check this out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQuyEz8ht5g
also sry its taking so long to finish the thread. i will be finishing up the rest of the grab tests today and then will start all frame testing by the end of this week. works been rough on my brawl time recently. however i do have one update.
SNAKE IS CONFIRMED! after testing in game and with the dazzle frame tester i have confirmed that only with DACG snake CAN be regrabbed to 41%! you just can't mess up at all

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
that is not the chaingrab to 62%. that was just a good intro. i will put up the 62% vid soon as well as all others. and for the pit hacks. i made that pit myself :) . also how was the vid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom