• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit Chaingrab Ratio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
so many DK's XDDDDDDDD not bad though alot of dtilt spikes lol and up-bs from weeeeegeeee. i wanna do a crew combo video soon....where do u find video editing devices. and is it easy? not time wise just like is it simple to undertake.

pulse131

Smash Ace
there was this one time i was snake, and i c4 recovered into a dtilt spike by this pit.
cant remember the details persay.
all i know is i said now, then i was dead, but ...downwards......ish.
oh ya mhrba smashfest at mah place sat.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
so many DK's XDDDDDDDD not bad though alot of dtilt spikes lol and up-bs from weeeeegeeee. i wanna do a crew combo video soon....where do u find video editing devices. and is it easy? not time wise just like is it simple to undertake.
Its simple to make one with just like windows movie maker, just record your replays with a capture card (you can buy one from best buy or somewhere) and put them together. If you want to make flashy ones, you should download sony vegas pro because that has some cool effects. I've played around with it and made some combo vids and I still haven't used everything it has to offer. Though vegas isn't simple, you might need to look up youtube tutorials to grasp some of it's concepts.

Here's the best one I've made for the gfaqs community: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RIBtKvKWLw

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
Its simple to make one with just like windows movie maker, just record your replays with a capture card (you can buy one from best buy or somewhere) and put them together. If you want to make flashy ones, you should download sony vegas pro because that has some cool effects. I've played around with it and made some combo vids and I still haven't used everything it has to offer. Though vegas isn't simple, you might need to look up youtube tutorials to grasp some of it's concepts.
wow dude i was also gonna say go to best buy. I suggest DAZZLE which comes with PINNACLE STUDIO but thats also all ive used but it has a bunch of cool stuff and it was easy to pick up without reading the instructions too lol.

and lol at you ryan. dont't go tellin the pit boards my combos b4 i can make a new vid lol. (but its true spiking snake out of C4 with dtilt was pretty sexy) if i can get a ride i might be able to make it 2 smashfest sat.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
UPDATE
just look at the list. all that needs doing is frame testing some more characters for total finalization and that big old COMPLETE will be posted at the top!

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
no he can di =/

and maha we can grounded grab release to regrab on ness we can also dtilt dmsash and i believe fsmash

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
oh thx kuro. i didn't try that on everyone. pretty much just stuck with f-throw. ill put that in real quick. however there is no way in hell im testing that on everyone tonight. to lazy. mayb later this week on one of my days off. unless of course dskank beats me to testing it. it doesn't matter at this point. this thread is going to be completed one way or another soon thx to all the help ive gotten testing and such.

pulse131

Smash Ace
yuh know, a better way to cg with pit is to use falco ;p heck you dont even need to do any of that dumb dash attack cancel crap.

pulse131

Smash Ace
ya falco is quite the ****** bird. i main him and i know that.
but ya pit > falco on cp's.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
dont do training because the throw does not stale. use infinite time mode with the wii mote as player 2 or watev. kill them after each try to reset knockback. that is how i do it

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Hey quick question for DACG and dash grab is there a difference on the frames when the grab box(moments if u get them they will actually get grabbed) is one longer? or shorter? and also how long is the general grab box?frames? it really interests me. Thinking of a way to incorporate DACG into a few new situations im cookin up in my noggin.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
from what i can tell DACG comes out faster when it is buffered than dash grab. and just based on testing with my friends by making them stand in certain arrows on Final Destination, from the center DACG (actual grab comes out at the center) appears to grab farther out than standard dash grab but i can't confirm that without other people to test this out too. I know it makes us both slide more and extends our grab box when reversed farther than standard reverse grab. this is why i think it is the same for an extension on the standard DACG. but like i mentioned im not confirming that without other people confirming it too.

i think ill start an examination section on the properties of DACG in the OP. care to help on that one kuro? ill start it with your first post on it and add you to the credits and such since my wii is down in auburn at Blaze's house. we both paid half of the price for the wii so this wiik is his wiik to have it :)

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
from what i can tell DACG comes out faster when it is buffered than dash grab. and just based on testing with my friends by making them stand in certain arrows on Final Destination, from the center DACG (actual grab comes out at the center) appears to grab farther out than standard dash grab but i can't confirm that without other people to test this out too. I know it makes us both slide more and extends our grab box when reversed farther than standard reverse grab. this is why i think it is the same for an extension on the standard DACG. but like i mentioned im not confirming that without other people confirming it too.

i think ill start an examination section on the properties of DACG in the OP. care to help on that one kuro? ill start it with your first post on it and add you to the credits and such since my wii is down in auburn at Blaze's house. we both paid half of the price for the wii so this wiik is his wiik to have it :)
dont have the tools to do so =/ but i agree eventually it should be done cuz just from what u said already i got like three ideas for it...:cool:

Obsidian.

Smash Rookie

Do you go to Auburn?
I'm not a stalker I swear. :urg:

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
auburn is a great place to live in general. stay away from the Auburn Greens on highway 49 though. every good city has one bad place and that is it. aside from that auburn is ideal. it has good shopping centers and plazas, most places are affordable, and gas in auburn is cheaper than most other places for some reason so thats a plus too. and if you go here next year ill hook you up with a place to kick it and play brawl :)

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
actually im not in school because of a car accident. my friends totalled it. but watevs there is next year for college. the other guys i dont remember. i think sophomores.

dskank

Smash Journeyman
great job. out of curiosity, did u use frame advance or test it with another person? either ways legit.. all the percents look right now; although i feel some of the cgs can be done without use of dacg, like fox and wolf, but this thread looks good now.

pictures would make this thread sexier; if u have the time

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
it was tested with two people and then i watched the replays frame by frame on my DAZZLE.

some of them can be done with running grab but if you just do DACG (easy once you get it down) then you don't have to worry about whether or not its neccessary.

alright ill do ICs but i still consider it complete.

Coffee™

I need it....
How is this done? Some of these are still wrong. -_-

Example:

Pit can Fthrow chaingrab 3 ZSS times to Dash Attack or twice to Fsmash.
Lucas can be grab released to Stutter Step Fsmash
Pit can Fthrow CG MK twice to Dtilt or Dash Attack, he can also do the same to Pikachu..

So much of this is unfinished, I honestly wouldn't have this stickied atm.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
ill check up on the zss but mk can up b out right after the first f-throw. and ill double check pikachu.

as for ALL the grab/grab release follow ups as posted the chain throws are done (except now im gonna double check all the above) but ive been having to work more lately and have not been able to work on all the follow ups we have on everyone. and due to work its still going to be a while b4 i can get a partner over to help me double check. sry bout that but no work no apartment so...

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Also, could we get a vid /w some examples, using the boost grab? Like DK as an "easy to cg" character, one as "average", falco as "hard" etc..?

Cause I thought I was doing this right but I can't cg ganondorf(u_u), and I suppose I'm doing it wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom