• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit Chaingrab Ratio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
sure dude. i can post up the dk cg today. then i will get one up of fox, then CF, then the falco scenario. and mayb bowser for lols because you don't even need to try to cg bowser.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
yes you can on certain characters i think. ill test when i have time.

at high percents (this is not guarenteed just a good mix up) you can fthrow to third dash step hyphen boost or third dash step boost pivot grab.

Damix91

Smash Journeyman
I still don't really understand this DACG. Just pressing C-Stick down and shield grabs while stationary so the mechanic is obviously different to DACUS. Also the fact that i can dash let go of my control stick C-stick down + shield and end up pivot grabbing.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
let me see if i can explain this.

the button imput that goes to the wii when you grab with Z is sheild>attack. which is why the only movement you can get with a sheild grab is based on your traction. however if you enter attack then sheild wat you are doing is keeping the momentum of the initial movement that you made before you cancelled said attack with sheild and keeping that momentum when grab comes out. when you DACG you are cancelling a dash attack by imputing sheild immediately afterwords so you are keeping both the boost of the dash and the dash attack so that you arejust that much farther forwards.

also if you are pivoting like that it is probably you putting the control stick back to fast and it goes just that little bit backwards. that happened to me so idk if its the same prob.

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
I'll definitely try this out, since a DACG will certainly help Pit with his bad grab range. Although, what's tough about it is that it's very hard to time. Oh well, I'm sure I'll get it with enough practice ^__^. Thanks for doing this, Maharba ^__^! I'm sure this will help a lot of Pit Mains!

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
So we have a buffered run bthrow cf on some charcters right? I heard from mekos that it could be done on lucas. If we have it on the heavies then we could use a bthrow to start our fthrow cg if they are close to the ledge. I feel like someone should test this so we can add more to Pits chaimgrab ability in this thread.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
So I tried the bdac whatever and see no diffrence from that and a reg run grab... Am I doing in wrong?

Abel1994

Smash Lord
hmmm I notice my chain grab sucks cous FALCO can get out of the the 2nd throw by simply jabbing...

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
on falco it's usually better to just f-throw>ss fsmash dude. i mean practice the cg for when u need but just know that 9/10 times on good old flackoh its better to just get in the free 30%

also did anyone try/test out this supposed bthrow cg?

Abel1994

Smash Lord
I tried the back throw and it workes somtimes because A LOT of people dont expect me to do it xD it was funny how their like "wtf since when was that a combo" but im not sure if its 100% effective though :p
and i started to do the Fthrow > Ftilt because i got tired of jab but i never new Fsmash worked too! is it 100% chance of working?

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
abel. read the cg thread in the op. everything listed is guarenteed 110%of the time. so yes f-throw will ALWAYS combo into fsmash on falco if you get the grab at zero percent. go now my son and study the thread.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
abel. read the cg thread in the op. everything listed is guarenteed 110%of the time. so yes f-throw will ALWAYS combo into fsmash on falco if you get the grab at zero percent. go now my son and study the thread.
its real ez actually. Just once the blade hits dash and regrab and either fmsmash or continue my fav is fthrow fthrow fsmash or regrab dthrow air chase.

I may still lose to good falco's but can still cg em :D

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
@OP:
I didn't test anything, but I feel you're underestimating grabbing the ICs by so nonchalantly dismissing them from your list. In actual practice, grabbing them done correctly is one of the most powerful ways of separating them. Also from a quick checkup on the data of Pit's F-throw, it seems logical to me that F-throw has the ability to easily hit both of them at once. You might also want to experiment with U-throw and D-throw to see how they interact with the ICs as well given that they have hitboxes that can interact with targets that are not being thrown.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
go back a page or two here and i was gonna test test them when some1 else brought it up. but then our old wii broke and i moved so i promise to test them soon. however i did confirm that u can f-throw>ss fsmash them b4 i just realized that i didn't list it. thank u for remindinig me

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
can you stop asking and just check the op? seriously im so done answering chaingrab questions especially until some1 tests the bthrow cg on everyone and posts the results. ill give whoever does this the entire credit for testing this if they let me put it in here so that we just have the one cg thread btw

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
So I tested something not useful at all last night for no reason, but we can jab Samus, Snake, and DK out of an fthrow at 0% lol. They can escape anything we cancel the jab into, but it would probably be harder for DK so theres an extra 3% if we continue the cg on him.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
i could see that having use if you get the first grab at the edge. f-throw>jab combo (not infinite)>edgeguarding (like you said most useful on dk). idk it could lead to an early gimp. i guess doing it into the infinite jab part too has potential. anyways ill add it.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
i could see that having use if you get the first grab at the edge. f-throw>jab combo (not infinite)>edgeguarding (like you said most useful on dk). idk it could lead to an early gimp. i guess doing it into the infinite jab part too has potential. anyways ill add it.
Or jab dtilt spike mixup?:awesome:

Abel1994

Smash Lord
can you stop asking and just check the op? seriously im so done answering chaingrab questions especially until some1 tests the bthrow cg on everyone and posts the results. ill give whoever does this the entire credit for testing this if they let me put it in here so that we just have the one cg thread btw
umad bro?

Xcallion

Smash Ace
umad bro?

Of course he's mad. If you want to know the answer then go look it up yourself rather than force others to go look up the info for you and then re-post it. It's a waste of time to look up and post something that's already in the thread when you could take 2 mins tops to go to the OP yourself.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
Of course he's mad. If you want to know the answer then go look it up yourself rather than force others to go look up the info for you and then re-post it. It's a waste of time to look up and post something that's already in the thread when you could take 2 mins tops to go to the OP yourself.
umad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom