• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pit arrowspam?

gsiddarth

Smash Rookie
Okay guys, I'm a semi-decent Ike, and I'm starting to learn some good spacing and Aether-spiking and etc. I was at a tournament a little while back and I was matched up against one of my friends who plays Pit on Final D. As soon as the match started, he hit me with a couple arrows for a quick 15-20%. Everytime I'd try to approach, he'd escape to the otherside and let loose more arrows. As you know, if you get hit with one of them, you're likely to get hit with 2 or 3 more. I was too slow to escape the arrows, and got majorly owned. I can't seem to approach a spamming Pit. Any help against arrowspam, or projectile campers in general?

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
running shield, side step, roll the list goes on its not to hard to avoid and you get the timeing down quickly.

Foxtrotter

Smash Journeyman
NNID
msfoxtrott
Okay guys, I'm a semi-decent Ike, and I'm starting to learn some good spacing and Aether-spiking and etc. I was at a tournament a little while back and I was matched up against one of my friends who plays Pit on Final D. As soon as the match started, he hit me with a couple arrows for a quick 15-20%. Everytime I'd try to approach, he'd escape to the otherside and let loose more arrows. As you know, if you get hit with one of them, you're likely to get hit with 2 or 3 more. I was too slow to escape the arrows, and got majorly owned. I can't seem to approach a spamming Pit. Any help against arrowspam, or projectile campers in general?
This is coming from a Pit/Fox/Lucario:

Pick a character with a reflector, such as Fox, Wolf, or Falco, to counter them. The Mother characters work well in this situation, also.

An easy way to get around projectile spammers in general is to learn to spot dodge/roll. If you can get the timing right, then you can easily sneak past the spam to the spammer. I don't think Ike is a very aerial character, but jumping above the spam is another way to get around it.

If I recall correctly, Quick Draw cancels Lucario Aura Spheres, maybe even Light Arrows.

metroid1117

Smash Master
If I recall correctly, Quick Draw cancels Lucario Aura Spheres, maybe even Light Arrows.
I know first-hand that QD doesn't cancel out Light Arrows, and I don't think it cancels Aura Spheres.

Mix up your approaches on the ground and the air; like CorruptFate said, mix up shields and side-steps while you approach from the ground. From the air, mix up airdodges and try to space your FAirs to put some pressure on the Pit user. If you notice him rolling behind you when you FAir, then fastfall to the ground without doing anything and get off a jab to start the punishing game. Not fastfalling NAir can also counter rollers since the hitbox stays out for so long.

If you want to be bad***, you can always jab to cancel out the arrows. Same goes for Pikachu's thundershocks.

s199797623

Smash Rookie
i use pit and i any time i ever try to put arrows most ikes will just side dodge though then i just use multiple combos :p

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
It's pretty much nothing but dodging like everyone has said. If you just get better you won't have trouble with them at all. I used to tell a story about that happening all the time.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Pit mains all around the world cried in defeat. Good one Ryko.

One thing to say before anything else. Never use QD on the ground in this match. Ever.

Eh, if you really wanna struggle, sure, go on ahead, but Ike vs. Pit matches are annoying as hell, and it's a better idea to just counter pick.

The main thing Pit has on Ike is is aerials. If you get close, don't let that ****er roll away like a noob. Punish him in anyway possible. He's pretty light and his sword range is nothing next to Ike's, so if you can stay in his face, he's kinda screwed.

Forward B is annoying, but not impossible to punish.

(oh hey look I actually contributed to the discussion no wai.)

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
*sigh* this is why ike is low teir... their isnt much that you can do against projectile spam without extreme patience... and pit is one of the best at projectile spam.

a good pit vs ike in general is a automatic win for pit...

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
lol Ryko owns this thread now. I'm going to put that picture into my signature.

edit: I swear I'm going to get owned the day I meet a good pit because I'm so used to them spamming.

kupo15

Smash Hero
all you have to do is stand there and spot dodge every arrow so that the Piit realizes that he is getting nowhere with it and force him to approach.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
all you have to do is stand there and spot dodge every arrow so that the Piit realizes that he is getting nowhere with it and force him to approach.
your shield will break eventually...

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
If you think it's physically possible to spot dodge every arrow you're nuts, lol. The only way not to lose shield is to spam it, which is punishable. Plus he could just get closer and then keep spamming with no problems.

Top Bottom