• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pillar Spiking (AT / Combo)

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
i have NEVER thought of using pkf to edge guard, but i have praticed it and it has lead to many kills with the dair. thank you posting this!

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Has anyone tried using the PK Jump to recover? It's even more satifying to do a PK Pickles combo like this.

When someone jumps out to edgeguard you, PK Jump at them. This sudden lunge will sureley take them by surprise, and since you have no double jump (you wasted it on the PK Jump) you have to use the PKT2 to recover. Shoot yourself into the opponent and man, does this feel ever so awesome :chuckle:

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
This sounds like a GREAT technique to use when you're down 90% as a surprise attack to win the match. Very helpful, THANK YOU! It seems so obvious now..but great find.

You won't be able to do it multiple times a match probably, but one free stock is good enough for me to win any match against almost anybody. It's hard to less a match as Ness when you get 0% spikes unless you get gimped yourself.

This technique will be ESPECIALLY amazing in teams.

Cazcom

Smash Apprentice
This sounds like a GREAT technique to use when you're down 90% as a surprise attack to win the match. Very helpful, THANK YOU! It seems so obvious now..but great find.

You won't be able to do it multiple times a match probably, but one free stock is good enough for me to win any match against almost anybody. It's hard to less a match as Ness when you get 0% spikes unless you get gimped yourself.

This technique will be ESPECIALLY amazing in teams.

This technique is especially good in teams. I like to use it when my partner knocks the opponent off because then I can usually get the element of suprise. I've also worked with my partner, so if the opponent tries to go high, I footstool off my teammate. This is really effective.

And you're welcome. :p I'm glad you think is as useful as I find. It's fairly easy to get this technique when people aren't expecting it. And when they are. It's very easy to lead them into where you want them to go for any other kind of edge guarding technique.

the pk jump tech to pkt2 is also something I do with this. It's really effective too, but a little harder to hit since you have to predict a little earlier with the pk jump. I try to do this mostly after I've already gotten a KO with the pillar spike technique, and they're expecting it. You jump, they (esp. good against multi-jumps like metaknight) jump and move out of the way, and you pk jump to catch them off guard, then pkt2 back to the stage, or my personal favorite of pkt2'ing at them on their last stock :p

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
^^^
Yeah, but Im talking about for recovering yourself. You are knocked off, you PK Jump to recover AND hit the opponent, and use PTK2 to aain, recover AND hit the opponent.

So sweet, gotta get a video of this.

The team thing sounds awesome. Gota try that sometime.

And Masky, while this technically WAS in Melee, it was by no means as useful. First off, PKF didn't trap as well, and secondly, Ness had DJC back then meaning he couldn't rise as he charged his spike.

Masky

Smash Master
Yeah, I realize how much more useful it is now, just thought I'd bring it up. :p

Cazcom

Smash Apprentice
EB360,

I have a few concerns about the pk jump return you speak of. I just worry about using my second jump during the pk jump unless I'm certain I can get the pkf to hit. There are too many ways to get punish since you'll have already used your second jump.

The risk/reward ratio just isn't worth it to me. :(

DarkBlue

Smash Cadet
I landed this for the first time on an Ike player at 0%.. Felt brilliant <3

Awesome addition to Ness' edge game.

Also.. FSJ?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
EB360,

I have a few concerns about the pk jump return you speak of. I just worry about using my second jump during the pk jump unless I'm certain I can get the pkf to hit. There are too many ways to get punish since you'll have already used your second jump.

The risk/reward ratio just isn't worth it to me. :(
Well, if you DI right and use Ness' PSI Magnet to recover, you shouldn't be too far away from the ledge when you PK Jump. The PK Jump should put you in your sweetspot range.

If you are too far for that, then dont try this. But if you are, go for it. It's not the BEST option, but it canbe useful, surprising, and can get you a VERY low percent kill.

Cazcom

Smash Apprentice
EB360,

Fair enough. Just another thing to add to the list of tricks. :)

Metal,

The FSJ (Foot-Stool Jump) doesn't work as well as the spike in this case, because you need the oomph from the spike to drive them through the pillar of fire.

Dark,

Awesome! It feels so good to gimp someone with this.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Can you hover above them and wait for the fire to end first?
What would the praticality of that be, if your just going to hover over them to get the FSJ, you'd might as well go for the Dair spike, to ensure the kill.

Top Bottom