• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikmin & Olimar Land into Brawl

Fawriel

Smash Master
The character just seems to suck as much as Ice Climbers. No variety in moves, your power is dependant on your level 1 bot controlled slaves, and movement will be irritating when you have to make sure 5 of these guys follow you without dieng.

I like Pikmin as a game, but seriously, just because they have good games doesn't mean they have the potential for a decent Brawl character. So far, alot of Brawl characters have a big variety of moves and plenty smooth movement. (Marth only swings with his danged sword. No variety either. Ice Climbers suck at movement, since Nana is controlled by a level 1 bot, and you have to make sure she doesn't die. And yeah, they also only use freezing attacks and hammers.) Pikmin & Olimar seems to be only put in because they are one of Nintendo's popular franchise's representing characters. Not much thought at all except for making an original and wanted character for Brawl.

Alright. I didn't play as him yet. But I can already tell what he'll be. Please, Nintendo, suprise me and make him a good character, instead of the second Ice Climbers.
Correct me if I'm wrong, I might have misunderstood you, but it sounded like you were calling the Ice Climbers a bad character?
*cough*

Percon

Smash Lord
Wow, this update has made me SUPER happy. Not only is Olimar the first new character in a while, and not only is he a cool character/new franchise, BUT he's also Icon 22, meaning that there might still be room for Issac (There's still two icons that aren't taken yet, if one of them is G&W then the other could be something else)

Draenic gamer

Smash Cadet
Haha, I think Yoshi is gonna have to take a seat, Olimar looks real main-ish to me!

Did I mention today's update was pure gold? Yes? I'll say it again: Today's update was mind-blowingly awesome!

e319

Smash Apprentice
Cool!

Awsome a new character! Lots o' smiles today!:grin::chuckle::lick::):laugh::psycho: I can tell he's gonna have some funny snapshots. He'll be interesting to play with, will he throw Pikmin or what?

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
Ice Climbers are awesome, gtfo.

oh and Olmar Kirby Hat confirmed. I wonder how Kirby's neutral B will work if he can't pluck pikmin. I wonder what his neutral B will be for that matter. I always figured it'd be pikmin toss.

oh, and I always love it when the haters and trolls lose. When Ice Climbers got their update, it was like the greatest day of my life.

Mythos13

Smash Apprentice
i liked this update and the music as well. this gets me wondering about all 9000 prophets...was it a lucky guess...or are they telling the truth? 2 weeks people, and all will be well

Dbsg

Smash Cadet
I cant believe this just imagine what else could be in this game WOOWOWOWOWOWOW
I cant wait

Captain Brawlimar

Smash Cadet
Wow, this is definitely my favorite update ever! So many people thought he'd never get in, and they were WRONG! He looks perfect, and the Pikmin are great! I loved their little habits in the games, it'll be a ton of fun to see how they act on THIS battlefield!

TheCanuck75

Smash Apprentice
oh an dont forget guys about Geno guys...remember...Japan's fate will be determined when smash bros is released
Is something going to happen to Japan if Geno does not appear in Smash Brothers? Is it going to blow up?

I mean, Geno would be amazing to have in the game, but I would not get my hopes up.

IceClimbersUser1

Smash Cadet
hey after almost two and a half months of no character update, we get a major one! I love this character update, but i am still on the fence whether to use him or not.

Drik Khaail

Smash Ace
Finally a newcomer to shut people up till the japanese release :p but yes, really interesting. I honestly figured he wouldn't have gotten in. He looks interesting to play as, I wonder how that'll work. world 22? wow, thats gonna be interesting!

09MurphyM

Smash Rookie
I have to admit, I was expecting him to be more of a assist trophy than a playable character. Obviously, most of his moves will probably be throwing the pikmin in the air.

LuigiKing_Pwns

Smash Cadet
nice new chracter

Great update, He looks prettyu awesome but his samsh attcks with the pikmin i still have to question... but all in all he looks great and the music is superb i wanna hear samuraipanda hate on this one...

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Is something going to happen to Japan if Geno does not appear in Smash Brothers? Is it going to blow up?

I mean, Geno would be amazing to have in the game, but I would not get my hopes up.
theres a flash movie (which is apparently popular,rightfully so it's hilarious) where Geno says if he's not in the game he's gonna blow up Japan.

Olimar was one of my top three (the other two being Krystal and Ridley, I know i'm generic) so this is awesome news for me. He ties with Ike for my favorite newcomer. Ike wasn't ever one of my most wanted because I didn't play his game till after he was announced on the Dojo. Though I already had liked Ike from what I did know about him once I played RD and PoR I really liked him.

And Olimar turned out just how he should have, I was worried (not too worried but slightly) that he'd be like PT and send Pikmin to do his work, which just wouldn't have fit him.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
this is proof that Sakurai doesn't give about sizes, do you know how small Olimar is?

Darkurai

Smash Master
Shhhh. Do you hear that?

That's the sound of people not whining about a character update.
It's a beautiful sound.

Thi0s

Smash Apprentice
I woke up this morning and checked my phone for todays update(im too lazy to turn on my computer and my phone has internet) Still half asleep I saw "Captain" and I was like What!?!?!??!?!?! and then I saw Olimer and I was like WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My friend had been constantly pining for Olimers inclusion in Brawl since last year and now he's in! I can't wait to try him

LuigiKing_Pwns

Smash Cadet
Also..

Big ups, or Props to the ones who gave the site a facelift it looks pretty awesome and has a great format

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Grats to everyone that wanted him/them!

I was surprised to see him/them.. More than an AT. I guess since I wasn't really a fan of the game I didn't get to see why people wanted him/them in.

So cheers to all you Olimar & Pikmin people!

-Onyx

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
This is honestly....my WTF character. Having NEVER played Pikmin, I don't have much history of Cpt. Olimar. But i'm actually REALLY HAPPY to See this. :D

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
I Just Saw The Update, And I Nearly Jumped Out Of My Seat After Seeing "Warning! Challenger Approaching!" This Is Definitely The Best Update We've Had In The Last Few Months! Wow...I'm Still Getting Over The Excitement.

lilparadise

Smash Apprentice
I didn't expect this at all. I mean, who did? I don't play Pikmin and probably wont ever, but I want to see how this new character will play out, even though he's not one of the characters I was looking forward to getting.

OMG Olimar confirmed for Brawl!:chuckle:

d0c926

Smash Journeyman
I was not expecting any new character until the Japan realase date but overall great update with cool character. Best updates in months

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Like an inch tall?

I ws one of Olimars supporters, cause the games were so uinqe. Personally, I had high hopes, and they turned out to be true :)

(for some reason I can't get the music to work....)
he is not even half the size of a Duracell battery

Corax The Cold

Smash Journeyman
I was really happy to see this character, not cause im some huge pikmin fan but just cause its another one of those more unique characters (like pokemon trainer) that will have a erally unique feel, now of course everyone will be greedy for special moves but i think we might have to wait till the 24th, anyways this is a cool character, also what could his final smash be?

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Great character. He looks way better then I imagined he would look. Let's hope we get his special moves tomorrow like we did with Sonic.

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
The character just seems to suck as much as Ice Climbers. No variety in moves, your power is dependant on your level 1 bot controlled slaves, and movement will be irritating when you have to make sure 5 of these guys follow you without dieng.

I like Pikmin as a game, but seriously, just because they have good games doesn't mean they have the potential for a decent Brawl character. So far, alot of Brawl characters have a big variety of moves and plenty smooth movement. (Marth only swings with his danged sword. No variety either. Ice Climbers suck at movement, since Nana is controlled by a level 1 bot, and you have to make sure she doesn't die. And yeah, they also only use freezing attacks and hammers.) Pikmin & Olimar seems to be only put in because they are one of Nintendo's popular franchise's representing characters. Not much thought at all except for making an original and wanted character for Brawl.

Alright. I didn't play as him yet. But I can already tell what he'll be. Please, Nintendo, suprise me and make him a good character, instead of the second Ice Climbers.
Are you seriously making fun of the Ice Climbers?

I'll kick your @$$ using just Popo anyday! :p

But seriously, the Ice Climbers are NOT bad characters, they're freaking deadly, ever heared of Chudat? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5fSRyCs-yc

Top Bottom