• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikmin de-sync.

Pokerface

Smash Apprentice

Dotcom

Smash Lord
*cries*
My cousin broke my Brawl training his dang snake.
I want to figure this out so bad.

Maybe it's moves with a lot of frames. Wondering if it will work with a lot of short hopped Nairs.

Kabuto Mushi

Smash Journeyman
Most of us know about that pikmin desync video, well after a while on training mode. I found out that if you continuously use ftilt your pikmin get all confused and therefore 'desync'. After a while one of the pikmin slides across the stage in a wavedashing motion.

I suggest we research more into this. Try it out.
How do we get the pikmin to do something when it's sliding tho? >.>

Also, did you do this on FD?

Kabuto Mushi

Smash Journeyman
DUDE! TRY IT WITH ONE PIKMIN.

If you Upsmash while it's sliding way behind you the pikmin just jumps into the air!!!

I can only get it to work with a yellow so far!!

It doesn't do any damage tho... at least not that I can see...

it's really hard to do, so I dunno if it has any practical applications. Try the smash when the yellow is running back toward you, sorta... sorry it's kinda hard to explain... but the pikmin jumps like they do when Olimar jumps...

Puddin

Smash Lord
If you charge the smash then the Pikmin just walks back to you as normal, although I've tried charging it multiple times and sometime the Pikmin will jump into the Smash Attack position, or just stand there and let you do the animation for the Smash Attack but with no Pikmin.

I'm not sure what causes either to happen, but if your opponent sees you charging a Smash Attack with no Pikmin in position to attack, but out of nowhere the sliding one jumps into position this could be a great mind game, especially if your forces have been dwindled down to one Pikmin. Actually this is only useful if you have one Pikmin, other wise it just uses the next in line unless the sliding Pikmin is the first in line.

I've actually managed to get a little bit of sliding/de-syncing from the Dtilt, but it's not as big as the sliding from the Ftilt, and it doesn't happen as often. Also a few times while charging the Smash Attack while the Pikmin is sliding, sometimes the will jump into the position of the Smash Attack, by jump I mean it does the animation for being called back by the whistle, and then gets into it's position to do the Smash Attack. I dunno, this definitely is interesting and can be recreated we just have to figure out how to use it in a fight.

Puddin

Smash Lord
I found a little more out about the jumping into the SA Position thing, it seems as if the Pikmin has to be at the most as far away from Olimar as an Fsmash with a Purple Pikmin. I realize that Purple Pikmin have the least amount of range, but do an Fsmash with a purple Pikmin and see how far away the Pikmin can be before using a SA and having them instantly jump into the SA position, it’s like being able to use the Pikmin when they aren’t technically even synced and in your line of Pikmin.

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
Guys - I am really impressed with the progress that everyone has made on this - keep it up...hopefully I will help today or tomorrow.

Puddin

Smash Lord
I feel special now. Actually I have an army of Pikmin doing all the testing for me, I would have given them credit but they were all killed by my dog. I'll keep looking into this, it definitely is an interesting sort of technique.

Pokerface

Smash Apprentice
I feel special because ive discovered something.

Right, i've been researching at it seems as though:

White slide the furthest.
Yellow, Red and Blue all slide the same.
Purple slide the least.

Puddin

Smash Lord
I tried testing the slide distances according to color, and from what I tested no one color slides further then the other, but occasionally the Pikmin will slide far away from Olimar and this seems to be the same distance for every color, it's just random which one slides away.

Maybe there is some kind of percent to how often a certain color will slide this far, or it's just random on the order of the Pikmin but I dont think the color effects how far they slide, because I used a single Purple Pikmin most of the time and they would do the long-distance slide just like any other.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I tried it out. I could only get the pikmin to "jump" occasionally. I'm not sure how to time it.

Puddin

Smash Lord
When I did it you had to begin charging the Smash when the Pikmin got into a certain range from Olimar, which I said was the length of an Fsmash from a purple Pikmin.

So use the Ftilt until you get the Pikmin to slide far away from you, wait for them to get in that range and start charging a Smash Attack they will jump into the SA position and preform the attack

Kashakunaki

Smash Master
What do you mean when you say SA because you certainly don't mean Super Armor.

EDIT: Also, where can I find this Pikmin de-sync video you speak of. "Most of us know about the Pikmin de-synch video"

Puddin

Smash Lord
I mean Smash Attack because I said it a lot in my post and it was getting annoying to type out Smash Attack, sorry for the confusion.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
How about a small post?
Basicaly the guy did up smash while finishing up a roll. Watch the link I put up if you have not yet.
INVULNERABLE/LONGDISTANCE/UP SMASH

Olimarman

Smash Ace
Basically were trying to figure out if its possible to upsmash from a great distance, which would make Olimar even more annoying than he already is.

Zori

Smash Champion
I tried it out. I could only get the pikmin to "jump" occasionally. I'm not sure how to time it.
Alright i have decided to help, First off this is awesome. To answer your question Dan in order to make them always 'jump' is to have them hit the edge when dyc.(whites being the best) Then they go into SAF this is useful because they can block projectiles but its just for show and takes too long im looking more into this.

Edit: Mashing the a button when doing forward tilt makes them De-sync 'more'

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
another thing, not sure if its helpful.... if u get a blue pikmin far from u(through f-tilt or something) and up -b.... it will stop...... it will just stand until u begin to walk a certain amount or d-b i thinking those were the two ways i got it to come back.... and if u just wait and let the blue pikmin stay,eventually it will begin to blink and die... i got two blue pikmin to stay there .... just something random that may aid the community

shanus

Smash Hero
so i figured out the timing somewhat on the backwards launch. I used a blue pikmin only. If you do an ftilt you'll notice it runs back and forth a bit as it enters you body when it goes to catch up with you. If you do your ftilt as it backpedals through your body itll launch backwards. i can get it about 1 out of 4 or 3 now, but i need to work on the timing

Olimarman

Smash Ace
another thing, not sure if its helpful.... if u get a blue pikmin far from u(through f-tilt or something) and up -b.... it will stop...... it will just stand until u begin to walk a certain amount or d-b i thinking those were the two ways i got it to come back.... and if u just wait and let the blue pikmin stay,eventually it will begin to blink and die... i got two blue pikmin to stay there .... just something random that may aid the community
This is very interesting. Hmm...

shanus

Smash Hero
also as a note, it works with multiple pikmin as well to launch them all far from you slidiing

shanus

Smash Hero
heh, with this discovery, i learned it worked with any move in which a pikmin runs back to your line! any time they run to reassemble they have a moment where they usually overrun and begin a backpedal. If you time a ftilt or a dtilt during that time, they slide back! Just dont pivot or it wont work

Zori

Smash Champion
heh, with this discovery, i learned it worked with any move in which a pikmin runs back to your line! any time they run to reassemble they have a moment where they usually overrun and begin a backpedal. If you time a ftilt or a dtilt during that time, they slide back! Just dont pivot or it wont work
We are really getting somewhere ^^ I'm glad to see the olimar boards come together for once.:laugh:

asob4

Smash Champion
this is interesting, if we find a faster way to do this and a more practical way then olimar will just be better and be able to mind game like no one else in the game. even though he is already pure mind games (pivot grab ftw)

i tested it out and i was able to do it but with more than one pikmin it doesn't have much use from what i can see
if we can figure out the up smash from across the **** stage then we will have no counters >:D

Puddin

Smash Lord
Yeah I tested it with the Dtilt and it doesn't seem to make the Pikmin slide as often with the Ftilt but it does work.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Shameless bump or Discovery?

Oh noes I double posted, sorry, but nobody else was posting and I couldn't just edit my post because obviously nobody would ever see :ohwell: Anyway I was playing around in training mode, just beatin up on ROB Usmash spamming him into the roof of WeeGees mansion when I discovered a new, probably easier and more effective way of making the Pikmin slide.

It's a lot easier then leaving yourself open to punishment by Ftilt spamming, all you do is start to dash and use a whistle. Just dash and break your dash with a whistle and the Pikmin will slide . I've tested it multiple times and it's guaranteed to work, and most of the time the Pikmin will slide away from Olimar in all directions.

I'm not entirely sure why Dash+Whistle makes them slide but I think it has something to do with the fact that they are all in line with Olimar, in which case all they do is move around places which I think is what makes them slide because usually when you use whistle it's bringing back a Pikmin who automatically jumps through whatever obstacles the stage my provide right into the line of Pikmin.

So to sum it all up, the Dash plus the fact that the Pikmin are all in line, and just running around to switch positions is what makes them slide away from Olimar providing a much more effective way of making them slide then spamming Ftilt, now all that's left is to figure out how to use this in combat...

Zori

Smash Champion
I have come to an conclusion, from all the story's we have been hearing they always contain 1 thing. That is a roll and the only thing that enhances you in a roll is a glide toss so in theory olimar dy-sync pikmin to 'item mode'' and glide tosses but of coarse his has different properties that is the only sense I can make of the situation.

shanus

Smash Hero
i have tried rolling during a pikmin slide, ive tried dash attacking, smash boosting (albeit olimar's is difficult to do, especially right after initiating a slide, so this might need to be explored by othes more), and just about anything imaginable to try and get the pikmin to do something attack related with no dice.

What is interesting is if you have just one pikmin out, start a slide, pluck another and do a smash instantly once in a blue moon your sliding pikmin will jump back to you..

Good find on the whistle slide btw, I'll have to try that later when I get back from work.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
u can get the pikmin to jump fairly easily.....at least with one....just spam up-smash as they come back, it will jump... its about the position of the pikmin to get it to jump

asob4

Smash Champion
i had an experience where i did an up smash with a purple while getting attacked with snakes neutral a combo
i slide past him and took no damage while the pikmin stayed and hit him
i saved it on a replay, after i saw it i quit so i could get it so i could

as far as i know i only did up smash and got attacked but ended up on the other side of snake

however i have no means to record this so if you want to see/record i'll send it to you

Top Bottom