• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikmin de-sync.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
send it to me, i wanna see it... maybe i can find some similariies between whtt occured before the up-smash of yous and the other guys

peeup

Smash Lord
i'm sad that i don't have anything to add, but this is really an amazing discovery. I'll try some stuff out and see what happens. If we can actually find some practical stuff out, this deserves a sticky.

Mitsuko

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to try an usmash right after you slide whistle, i report back with my findings as soon as possible.

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
This happened to me yesterday...what happened was on smashville, I was fighting a DDD and I did the up b to try and hit him, which scattered all of my pikmin...when we landed, the DDD kept jabbing me with his neutral a combo...this kept moving me back while I smashed up on the cstick looking for an up smash...eventually, my yellow pikmin reacted from about 2 lengths away and killed him. The random nature of these events has given me very little hope :*(

Zori

Smash Champion
I think it happend to me today... Me and Gazell was in a olimar ditto and i used a roll so he used a downsmash and it sucked me in so he hit me with another downsmash it was so odd.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
.... Try fmsashing and while the animation goes on upsmash ALOT on the cstick and roll before the attack would normally activate.

Also, wouldn't this mean the same pikmin can fsmash from a distance?

Puddin

Smash Lord
We haven't found much of a use, all we've really done was find different ways to make this happen. There are some ways to use it, maybe as a bit of a mind game but like Shrinkray said the sheer randomness of these events makes them hard to recreate and effectively use in a fight.

Kyas

Smash Journeyman
It'll be just as important to find out which moves desync your pikmin so you can avoid them and exploit them. Both will be important at times. Right now, though, I want to know how that ****er managed to make his purple pikmin stay behind and ko diddy

Puddin

Smash Lord
Oh dear, watch your language :laugh: All we know is he did a roll or something to avoid Diddy's Dash Attack, the Pikmin stayed behind and preformed a Usmash. There might be more but I didn't watch the video much :ohwell:

asob4

Smash Champion
=/ only that pyro guy wanted my replay and i haven't heard from him in forever....

so anyone else want it? same thing happened but it was vs. snake and he did the AAA combo. i slid behind him taking no damage and the purple pikmin stayed and did the up smash

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
srry asob... i don't have my wii hooked to the internet where i'm at for the summer :( i thought i would have gotten to it by now

everyone, i have noticed something, with me it has occured twice ... and it holds true for shirnks inccident also.
if you up smash, i think there is a certain spot where you and the pikmin get hit... but the pikmin reacts as if it has super amor... therefore the pikmin goes up, u get hit, the pikmin gets hit, you move, and the pikmin continues the upsmash. i have to re watch the video, but by any chance, was the diddy shooting peanutes when this happened? because if he was, maybe the hit from the peanute was the hit needed to cause this event.

p.s. it happened to me when i was playing against a marth and lucarrio

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
srry asob... i don't have my wii hooked to the internet where i'm at for the summer :( i thought i would have gotten to it by now

everyone, i have noticed something, with me it has occured twice ... and it holds true for shirnks inccident also.
if you up smash, i think there is a certain spot where you and the pikmin get hit... but the pikmin reacts as if it has super amor... therefore the pikmin goes up, u get hit, the pikmin gets hit, you move, and the pikmin continues the upsmash. i have to re watch the video, but by any chance, was the diddy shooting peanutes when this happened? because if he was, maybe the hit from the peanute was the hit needed to cause this event.

p.s. it happened to me when i was playing against a marth and lucarrio
That also means it can not be recreated on command.

Puddin

Smash Lord
i have to re watch the video, but by any chance, was the diddy shooting peanutes when this happened? because if he was, maybe the hit from the peanute was the hit needed to cause this event.
I do not recall the Diddy Kong shooting peanuts, my memory is vague but I think all that happened was the Fsmash with the Yellow Pikmin and then the Diddy runs in for a Dash Attack.

So you're saying we have to get hit during an Usmash to make this happen?

asob4

Smash Champion
that might be so, because it happened to me just as snake did his AAA combo. i jumped behind him taking no damage and the pikmin stayed and did damage to him

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
The super armor thing? That's easy to do.. If you charge your pikmin slightly, it hits through the attack, and if the enemy hits you, you both get hit.
Happens all the time.

This isn't the same thing.

EDIT:: Apparently everyone agreed, so I guess I'm wrong? I could have sworn the original video he fsmashed, rolled and upsmashed without getting hit?

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
well yes and no, the main thing is the pikmin gets hit i guess after watching my two videos... the pikmin gets hit. so the pikmin gets lagged but i think it can work either way..... but i'm not sure if this holds true for the video that started this discussion :(

Fino

Smash Master
I don't see the huge issue for this. Think about if we can learn how to use our opponents against them. By this I mean, say and character is comming, and you know he'll do an attack. Well, if hitting the pikmin causes it to lag, and you can (as a result) usmash them immediately, this really puts even more trouble into approaching Olimar, because you will constantly fear the usmash roll. ^_^

~Fino

Mitsuko

Smash Apprentice
hmm... that's a good idea, but it'll take some practice to get them to hit the first pikmin in line and then do an usmash, if it's not the first pikmin in line, than it wouldn't work, also, giving yourself only one pikmin takes away alot of Olimar's abilities just for this one.

diddykongsnaners

Smash Apprentice
i dont think this can be useful because his pikmin cant damage unless they are used by olimar and if they desynch then olimar cant damage

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
well, firstwe have to make sure that my theory is true :p i could be wrong lol, but it doesn't seem super useful imo.... but i could be wrong again... has anyone tested my theory on why it happens?

Olimarman

Smash Ace
Perhaps if pyros theory is true involving super armor, maybe it will only work on attacks that deal less damage to the pikmin than its "hp." Since purples have the highest hp, they may be the easiest to use to pull this off. Blues also, but since it seems as though the pikmin needs to be hit from the side, the extra vertical boost is probably useless, and purples are more powerful anyway.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
thats wht i was thinking also, thats probably why mine invloved a purple once and a blue the next time, feel free to test this with a friend people, i won't have time becuase i'm spending all my time getting ready for ch3 (first tourny for east coast circuit)

Chasesin

Smash Apprentice
So... ive read this whole thread and i still havent seen how to de-sync your pikmin
I havent been on the boards in a while

Olimarman

Smash Ace
Just played friendlies with my friend and the same thing that happened in the diddy video just happened to me. Having another friend upload for me since I don't have recording equipment. Should be up within an hour or two.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
I've been mixing DnB for about an hour now in wait of said video.

This reminds me of refreshing all the time after Chibo Sempai said he had that vid of him doing an extended D-Smash.

Olimarman

Smash Ace
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xzMQ8DFKqCU

It happens at 1:46. Basically the exact same thing from the diddy video. We had no lag while playing and all I simply did was an usmash... I believe. Brad is me btw.

At 0:33 I spiked him into the stage with an fair. I think this is known that an fair can occasionly spike but can anybody clarify?

Thnx to Boon for uploading. I personally do not have recording equipment.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
I'm just curious because it didn't do any damage to you, which means the Pikmin took the hit. If that's the case, then maybe whatever button input was added affected it.

Zori

Smash Champion
This is amazing I wish we could figure this out by now >_< Anyone around here a ex ice climber main? lol we need some help.

Jadedlink

Smash Apprentice
Why can't this be recreated? It looks simple enough. A dash attack into an upsmash. Just seems easy enough, but I know its not.

Top Bottom