• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikmin de-sync.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
don't worry about it y'all. It'll come in time. Someone will eventually figure out what exact inputs they made.

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
The fair spiking is very interesting - but I think that falco's movement and your position forced the spike - that's what usually happens.

I agree with shanus - the purple got hit by falco's attack, it looks like the desync happens twice but you only land it once. So it appears, this doesn't change anything :(.

shanus

Smash Hero
well what could be interesting thing to try:

pikmin toss a purple towards an opponent (while only having that purple out)
then mash upsmash and wait and have a friend/opponent hits the purple if itll respond when its close to you (i..e. within a roll away).

The only thing is i think it requires the opponent to hit the pikmin within that boundary of you, like within a rolls length away

shanus

Smash Hero
so what if i told you all i just replicated this 3 times doing this...

mmm... replay saved :-)

shanus

Smash Hero
so the timing for this is very difficult.... but the pikmin needs to be just outside of the range where if you upsmash you will throw a blank versus it teleporting to your hands and the hit needs to land like a frame or two before that and you upsmash a frame or two after that and the pikmin jumps there and smashes their face in...

also, you can do it with more than 1 pikmin in line, but it has to be the closest pikmin returning to you. I did a test of throwing 2 purples past mario, and the first purple returning i jabbed with maroi and hit the upsmash soon after and still got it to hit him

edit: so i have 3 replays saved, but have to pick my girlfriend up from the train station in a bit. later today ill import them onto my camera and have my roommate import them into finalcut and get them to you by later tonight

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
so the timing for this is very difficult.... but the pikmin needs to be just outside of the range where if you upsmash you will throw a blank versus it teleporting to your hands and the hit needs to land like a frame or two before that and you upsmash a frame or two after that and the pikmin jumps there and smashes their face in...

also, you can do it with more than 1 pikmin in line, but it has to be the closest pikmin returning to you. I did a test of throwing 2 purples past mario, and the first purple returning i jabbed with maroi and hit the upsmash soon after and still got it to hit him

edit: so i have 3 replays saved, but have to pick my girlfriend up from the train station in a bit. later today ill import them onto my camera and have my roommate import them into finalcut and get them to you by later tonight
AWESOME to hear :D...can't wait to see what you are showing - i'm gonna be a bit too drunk to practice this tonight, but i'll check some more tomorrow.

shanus

Smash Hero
that means your standing too close to the other player after the jab hits. I generally space it as follows: the middle of FD has that diamond on it. I put mario on the right edge of the diamond facing left. Then about 3/4 of the way across the diamond, maybe a bit more (its hard to remember) i have olimar short hop, throw a purple, and then turn around. then as the pikmin runs through mario to the point where when he jabs and its a little less than a full extension i have him jab, hit the pikmin and mash upsmash slightly after.

i wont be able to upload tonight, but i will have it up tomorrow. i can do it much beter now but my girlfriend is sleeping right now in my room and turning the TV on to import replays would kinda suck haha

i might be able to get away with sending someone a replay over wifi though when i wake her up

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
that means your standing too close to the other player after the jab hits. I generally space it as follows: the middle of FD has that diamond on it. I put mario on the right edge of the diamond facing left. Then about 3/4 of the way across the diamond, maybe a bit more (its hard to remember) i have olimar short hop, throw a purple, and then turn around. then as the pikmin runs through mario to the point where when he jabs and its a little less than a full extension i have him jab, hit the pikmin and mash upsmash slightly after.

i wont be able to upload tonight, but i will have it up tomorrow. i can do it much beter now but my girlfriend is sleeping right now in my room and turning the TV on to import replays would kinda suck haha

i might be able to get away with sending someone a replay over wifi though when i wake her up
As much as I wanna see these vids, I can understand the importance of not fuccking with a lady's sleep.

I'd offer to up the replay for you, but there's alot of complications that go in with Gamebridge and this LCD TV we have here.

EDIT: Though, all I have to do is readjust a few wires, I think... PM me if you want and I'll give you the Wii #

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
good work shanus. Sounds great. Can't wait to see the vids.

shanus

Smash Hero
kk after the long battle to get each other registered online, Holla's imported the vids to his comp and im gonna get em all editted into one smexy clip tomorrow!

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
HAB fails at understanding Wii registration.

That and the fact that Gamebridge took a 3.5 hours battery life and killed my computer after an hour (Power 3-Stock), it's been hectic. But they're on their way to Mista Sexy Shanus.

Having watched the vids, I can tell you that I understand this a lot more now. Shanus is really onto something and it needs alot of research. It seems a little situational to me, but with super proper timing, it can be epic.

shrinkray21

Smash Ace
HAB fails at understanding Wii registration.

That and the fact that Gamebridge took a 3.5 hours battery life and killed my computer after an hour (Power 3-Stock), it's been hectic. But they're on their way to Mista Sexy Shanus.

Having watched the vids, I can tell you that I understand this a lot more now. Shanus is really onto something and it needs alot of research. It seems a little situational to me, but with super proper timing, it can be epic.
I don't think I'll figure it out for the tourney tomorrow but I will be all over this in the upcoming week.

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Well I'm not sure what's going on with Shanus. I sent him two of his three vids last night before my computer crapped out and I had to go to bed. I sent him the third one this afternoon, but his away message said he was out.

I take full responsibility for the delay.

My bad, fellow ******-in-Spacesuit-Lovers.

shanus

Smash Hero
sorry for the delay been busy all day, i imported everything onto our camera to import. Do you want more replays people at 2 miu tes long full of crap and one good thing, or a minute clip or so of kust a bunch of desyncs?

shanus

Smash Hero
alright, my roommate is gonna take care of the editting tomorrow for it all. expect a post prolly from him with new vids of it all as ill be in newport till the evening

Top Bottom