• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pikachu's Moonwalk, we need a name for this.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Yeah, Scissors Sir has enlighten us Pika mains that Pikachu can do the moonwalk as well.

There is a discussion about it in the Pika section, and I have made a tutorial vid on how to do it.

Pikachu's Moonwalk

Enjoy!

Oh yeah we need help thinking of a name for this too. So please help out with that.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
Hmmmm some names:

Tail Flip
Reversal (Pokemon Move)
Backpacking
Lazy Moonwalk
Rolling Tail

Crap, they all suck lol

SmashMac

Smash Lord
I'm not a pikachu main I'm actually a Doc. main but I saw this vid. and Doc. has something similar to this. This looks like it could be utilized with more characters than one, but would be more useful for characters like pikachu for instance. Nice find, D. Disciple. I actually found this out with Doc. as well but didn't really look into how it affects certain aspects like momentum. This looks like it could be pretty dang useful, more so for pikachu in this case.

As far as names, how about Sunwalking? I think the name should be similar to moonwalking since it's generally the same concept 'cept the animation looks a bit different. I'd say Sunwalking.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
That sounds better, and yeah we mentioned that Doc and Mario can do it as well in the pika section. Sunwalk sounds cooler than Fear Walk, from what festizzio says it's called.

Nice name Smashmac.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Thanks D. Disciple. Yeah it suits it more don't you think? Hey if you've got AIM hit me up I'm "Kurokawa Shun". We could talk about it more in detail.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
I've heard that, Echo Slide, Fear Walk and so many other things. I like Sun Walk, right now I say we basically call this whatever and not give it an official name. Unless I get a legitimate reason of calling it. I'm calling it the Sun Walk because of what Smashmac said to me on AIM which made sense and was pretty clever.

Seanson

Smash Ace
How about something simple, like reverse dash jump, which describes what it does so people don't have to say "wtf is the inversion trot" or something like that. if you don't jump with it then it can be called the Pikachu Moonwalk.

If those suggestions were too serious, then lets just call it the Rat Scoot.

Jack Pack

Smash Apprentice
how about

not actually a moonwalk just a turn around jump after running too far to dash dance and di-ing backward

Shiri

Smash Chump
How about something simple, like reverse dash jump, which describes what it does so people don't have to say "wtf is the inversion trot" or something like that. if you don't jump with it then it can be called the Pikachu Moonwalk.

If those suggestions were too serious, then lets just call it the Rat Scoot.
:yoshi: IT'S TEH PIKA

HE SCOOTS GOOD

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
make it fit in with Pikachu <_<
but make it easy to say or understand lol

Jolting
Thunderslide
CHU CHU CHU-ing lolol
or just Chu-ing

balladechina212

Smash Ace
Yeah, another way to do this is to WD backwards (to get backwards momentum) and then moonwalk. All characters can do this to some extent.

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: I vote for Thunderslide and PikaScoot. Backpacking is also a hot name.

You people do realize that a technique is only as useful as its name is amazing, right? Give it a good name so this technique can wreck face.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Decent names guys, some make me laugh. Scissors Sir came up with the name Charge, from the pokemon move. His reason behind it made sense, and I like calling it that or Sun Walk, even though PikaScoot and Thunderslide sounds awesome.

Ronin - I'm aware of that now.

GoldenGlove

Smash Ace
:yoshi: I vote for Thunderslide and PikaScoot. Backpacking is also a hot name.

You people do realize that a technique is only as useful as its name is amazing, right? Give it a good name so this technique can wreck face.
This man speaks the truth, that's why Mewtwo's SUNC (Super Ultra Ninja Cookies) is the best technique in the game.

Top Bottom