• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

PIkachu Patch 1.06 Notes

mercy

Smash Apprentice
A single thread with all of the changes to pikachu for the new patch is appropriate. Thus, I'll begin:

Confirmed:
12 frames added to pikachu's ledge grab animation.

Last edited:

KentaKurodani

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KentaKurodani
3DS FC
5370-0467-0413
This isn't a Pika change, but this is a drastic help to us in one very important matchup: Diddy's downthrow upair now does only 12% fresh and kills much later. We already destroy Diddy offstage, and with the removal of his incredibly early kill on us, I see this matchup swinging in our favor

NachoThePikachu

Smash Cadet
NNID
NachoThePikachu
Any percentile changes in terms of attacks or lag removed/added on others that anyone has noticed/tested? ouo

isaiah :)

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Xais28X
3DS FC
4184-4265-4419
i mean i was playing for a bit this morning on 3ds and his QA's first zip feels a little faster but i didnt have enough time to really rest it out.

D

Deleted member

My two wishes granted: a Diddy uair nerf, and no changes to Pika...

I'm just curious to see if they touched the customs at all, does anybody know this?

ZtaG

Smash Rookie
NNID
ZtaGDx
Seems like Dash Attack have less KB :(
can someone confirm this?

Soul.

Heavy Skull Bash is unchanged.
DA has less KB? wat. Meh, I don't think anyone used it anyway.

KentaKurodani

Smash Apprentice
NNID
KentaKurodani
3DS FC
5370-0467-0413
I dunno about you, but Dash Attack is a great kill move at higher %'s, I use it often as a punish, especially since we have trouble killing already

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Am i the only one that feels like we are stuck on the ledge longer? Pika used to get off quicker than others but i think they normalized him ;-;

All moves are the same damage and kill%, i tested thoroughly earlier

electrric

Smash Rookie
NNID
electrric
Over on reddit, they say it's confirmed that Pikachu's ledge grab time was increased by 12 frames, if that's what you're referring to.

JayWon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JAYW1N
3DS FC
3754-8914-3121
Holy crap I feel super glued on the ledge D:

I didn't even know. I never got the chance to appreciate Pikachu's old ledgegrab time.

Press F for Regards.

F
F
F

skiboots

Smash Cadet
NNID
skiboots
Over on reddit, they say it's confirmed that Pikachu's ledge grab time was increased by 12 frames, if that's what you're referring to.
What exactly does this mean? Like how does this affect Pika now? Trying to see what the purpose of it was.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
You can't get off the ledge as fast as Pikachu used to. Now he has to hang on the ledge for 12 more frames (Which equals the time all other characters need to stay on the ledge). You won't be able to ledgehop as quickly, etc.

skiboots

Smash Cadet
NNID
skiboots
You can't get off the ledge as fast as Pikachu used to. Now he has to hang on the ledge for 12 more frames (Which equals the time all other characters need to stay on the ledge). You won't be able to ledgehop as quickly, etc.
So that could affect ledge trumping? (I don't do it that much as is though)

Bc there are times I'll be close to the ledge and QAC the edge of stage and snap the ledge, so maybe I shouldn't do that as much bc I'll be stuck on the ledge longer.

JayWon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JAYW1N
3DS FC
3754-8914-3121
It literally affects everything that involves Pikachu and ledges.

Ugh dat timing feels so stiff. I keep accidentally jumping in now instead of letting go of the stage. Gotta readjust welp

Ogopogo

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3797-6544-0935
It feels like fthrow sends them further away, uthrow doesn't send them as far, and heavy skull bash isn't as strong. someone please tell me I'm wrong.

Soul.

As I've said earlier Heavy Skull Bash was left unchanged. It still KO's early and the "fly farther" thing is still there.

Last edited:

mercy

Smash Apprentice
Indeed Heavy skull bash is the same which, in my eyes, is a buff.

Regarding the 12 frames added to ledge grabs, it is not insignificant. falling Uair and Fair onto the stage were great options to use when it came to ledge mixups, and now these options have less impact.

Last edited:

skiboots

Smash Cadet
NNID
skiboots
Indeed Heavy skull bash is the same which, in my eyes, is a buff.

Regarding the 12 frames added to ledge grabs, it is not insignificant. falling Uair and Fair onto the stage were great options to use when it came to ledge mixups, and now these options have less impact.
My thoughts exactly, I do uair and fair a lot as ledge mixups, wondering if these will be less effective

NachoThePikachu

Smash Cadet
NNID
NachoThePikachu
It feels like fthrow sends them further away, uthrow doesn't send them as far, and heavy skull bash isn't as strong. someone please tell me I'm wrong.
Are the throw distances actually changed or are you perceiving it this way? In the case of Uthrow, less distance could effect the timing of the Uthrow Dspecial thunder combo. :o

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
The damage and knockback on all of Pikachu's moves are the same. The only known change is the ledge thing.

isaiah :)

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Xais28X
3DS FC
4184-4265-4419
does he still die around the same percents

Cassio

Smash Master
Not meaning to be offensive but I'm hoping for primes response since he's just about always right on these kinds of things.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
On the bright side, with the exception of the ledge grab speed being nerfed and taking away an advantage we had on other characters, it seems we didn't suffer any other nerfs as everything's unchanged that we can see. Considering Pika is considered high to top tier, this is a blessing since other characters such as Sonic, Sheik, and Diddy all got hit in some way.

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
It's like 64 and Brawl Pika fused and created a beautiful little electric demon. :'3

Soul.

lol but if everything is the same, why does it need a higher-up conifrm.... Forget it I guess, you can't trust patch notes right away after all.
At least the Diddy/Sheik/Sonic nerfs will make these MUs a lot more manageable if they aren't already (lol).

Reaper Talk

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tricky32
3DS FC
0946-2336-1376
If it turns out Pikachu is the new "Diddy Kong" to the community I might just give up. I feel like a lot of people will start to argue about Pikachu, Wario, and Luigi now. Truth is, we don't need anymore nerfs, we just need to buff other characters in the roster. I'm fine with balancing, but now I'm afraid of the game eventually becoming slower paced because of everyone getting nerfed.

Top Bottom